• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT| Cloudy with a Chance of Jaw Drops

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone ignores comments mentioning the detraction from screenshot beauty caused by HUD, in my experience :(

There's a photo mode patch coming soon. Will there be a new contest once it is available?

i'm just making it ahead of time so i won't forget and I only made it today b/c some people got the game early. The contest doesn't end til 2 weeks after the UK gets the game.

Read that wrong. I'll change the date and bump it i guess

Ape

Banned
Grimløck;132827306 said:
yeah no shit. if you think this game looks mediocre then your appointment is needed.

and the scheduling was needed. right. I see what happened here.

Or do I see what happened? I'll check back on Monday.

Err, I'm pretty sure Ape was joking.

shhhh don't ruin this for me

benzy

They cast the lights, but don't cast shadows. Only player's car does.

AI cars' lights cast shadows.

pqksfs.gif

Jobbs

Banned
are there any racing games on PC that look as lavish as this? besides, like, project cars, which to me doesn't look as good as this (at least based on what I've seen from videos).

p3tran

Banned
AI cars' lights cast shadows.

pqksfs.gif

from the gif you posted... they dont?
there are six cars on that gif, each has a set of headlights that should cast, yet there are only ..four shadows or something? and there is a car behind you too?

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I think only you car cast shadows, but that's more than most car games.

It is player centric, which makes sense. You would barely notice other cars casting shadows on other cars.

So your lights cast shadows and I think other cars cause you to cast shadows. Both are things I've never seen in racing games. Tbh I'm not sure I've seen a racing game where AI cars even light each other

Noobcraft

naw, the IQ in this game is just not that great, it's the only weak spot in the graphics.
That and there is some minor LOD pop in and shadow flickering/pop in on certain environmental details but that's OK. The game still looks pretty great graphics wise (the lighting and volumetric clouds are amazing)

benzy

from the gif you posted... they dont?
there are six cars on that gif, each has a set of headlights that should cast, yet there are only ..four shadows or something? and there is a car behind you too?

What I'm looking at is the shadow of the silver car in front still being casted even when the other cars move in front of you and block your headlight path to that silver car. I went back and watched other night racing footage though, and your right, their headlights don't cause your car to cast a shadow.

kriskrosbbk

So do I get this correctly,we(UK) have to start playing the PS+ demo on Wednesday and my preorder will be unlocked on Friday.What do I do with my 2 days of progress?

le-seb

So do I get this correctly,we(UK) have to start playing the PS+ demo on Wednesday and my preorder will be unlocked on Friday.What do I do with my 2 days of progress?
They say "8th / 10th October: DRIVECLUB PlayStation Plus Edition (PS4)" on the EU blog.
Which I'm understanding as EU on the 8th, UK on the 10th, like with the game.

Nokterian

I am still in awe people are searching to blame everything around this game goddamn. What a embarrassment. Seeing Rapier talking about and a few other gaf members has me more hyped about it. This game will get me hooked for a longtime.

kriskrosbbk

They say "8th / 10th October: DRIVECLUB PlayStation Plus Edition (PS4)" on the EU blog.
Which I'm understanding as EU on the 8th, UK on the 10th, like with the game.

I trully believe we will get the demo on Wednesday with the store update and the full game on 10th as announced.

Is there a digital pre-load available for this?

Forgive me if its been asked a hundred times already - couldn't find an answer in the (gorgeous) OP.

This game will get me hooked for a longtime.
Anticipating that too. That is one of the reasons I went digital with this one, besides the obvious price advantage, not having to fire up the disc when I want to play a quick game will help, especially when playing with my Vita. Did someone mention how Vita streaming worked with Driveclub? I can imagine how a racing game will put the streaming IQ to the test.

Niftyartwork

Neo Member
Can anyone with the game kindly explain what options there are for the avatar. I can't find anything on the net apart from there bing a choice of male or female

Afrikan

I noticed in that video what appears to be a city track.

I'm wondering if it is actually a city track or just some skyscrapers off in the distance.

that was the first thing I noticed when I watched his video.

it was so cruel... he was just about to choose that track, but got a notification and got side tracked to do something else. :(

his commentary is unintentionally hilarious.

Pena

Neo Member
Can't wait how this plays with T500RS. I prefer more realistic racers but I really love to drive standard roads and if the sense of speed is great, i'm okay with the (arguably) arcadey feel. I guess. Using next level mental exercise I have smothered my hype level to bare minimum with this game so I'm good whatever happens.

It's hard not to be instantly suspicious of juniors shit-posting...

Anyway, on a separate note I'm really looking forward to visitng Evolution Studios this evening for a play of the game and a chat with the developers (and hopefully Producer).

I'll report back on what I can.

Jimrpg

Super hyped for the game, but I'm normally a single player racer and don't really race online much.

I think this game will be kind of unfair. There will be a lot of people with controllers and a few with wheels. The players with wheels will probably smoke the people with controllers.

Does anyone else think this will affect their enjoyment of the game? This is something that probably affects all racing games but seems like Driveclub online modes and clubs is a very large portion of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom