• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT2| You Can't Rush Evolution

You'll get there! The best way I learned was to follow my own ghost but stay a few hundredths behind, then try taking different corners different ways, see if you make up time on your own ghost. Then string them all together :)
I know of four turns I need to work on. The long middle bend is the one where I seem to lose the most time, and the very last turn being one of the the most troublesome. If I lift off even a little with that last turn I lose a bunch of time but I haven't yet nailed the angle on it in a way that I can easily reproduce. Besides that I think I can take the initial turn quicker than I have, and the right turn immediately following the long bend can make a break a time for me as well.

But its good to have a challenge to come back to. It hasn't reached demoralization status... yet ;p

Shaneus

I know of four turns I need to work on. The long middle bend is the one where I seem to lose the most time, and the very last turn being one of the the most troublesome. If I lift off even a little with that last turn I lose a bunch of time but I haven't yet nailed the angle on it in a way that I can easily reproduce. Besides that I think I can take the initial turn quicker than I have, and the right turn immediately following the long bend can make a break a time for me as well.

But its good to have a challenge to come back to. It hasn't reached demoralization status... yet ;p
That long middle (left?) one can be taken faster than you think (I think). Slow down a little and turn in super early so you're inches away from the wall at the apex, and if you time it right you can get on the throttle fairly early and just touch the other side of the road. Make sure you keep holding that past where you'd normally straighten up so you can line up for that hairy right you speak of (you'll need to cut it a bit, but not so much you lose control).

That long middle (left?) one can be taken faster than you think (I think). Slow down a little and turn in super early so you're inches away from the wall at the apex, and if you time it right you can get on the throttle fairly early and just touch the other side of the road. Make sure you keep holding that past where you'd normally straighten up so you can line up for that hairy right you speak of (you'll need to cut it a bit, but not so much you lose control).
Will definitely take this exact advice to heart on my next runs. Thanks for the tips.

NoFoX

Stupid question, but how can i save the photos from the Photo-Mode?
By pressing Share-Button and taking a picture of it?
IMO i'm loosing a lot of quality this way...

viveks86

Stupid question, but how can i save the photos from the Photo-Mode?
By pressing Share-Button and taking a picture of it?
IMO i'm loosing a lot of quality this way...

Yup. There is no other way. Save it to USB instead of direct upload to Facebook/Twitter. It's better, but not ideal. If you you want even better quality, then you need a capture card.

NoFoX

Yup. There is no other way. Save it to USB instead of direct upload to Facebook/Twitter. It's better, but not ideal. If you you want even better quality, then you need a capture card.

Thanks a lot.
I do have a Black Magic Design Intensity Pro, but it only records @ 720p/60Hz,1080i/60Hz and 1080p/24Hz :(

Just borrowed the game from my library today, and plowed through almost half the career this afternoon. I love the handling of the cars in this game, its really in a nice spot between bad arcade and pure sim, they nailed it.
I think for presentation they need a lot of work, as well as cleaning up the multiplayer, but I'd really like to see a DC2 if Sony can ever forgive them. There's a really nice base to build on here!

Or, they could just use the engine to build a fully licensed WRC game. That would be pretty great.

Shaneus

Thanks a lot.
I do have a Black Magic Design Intensity Pro, but it only records @ 720p/60Hz,1080i/60Hz and 1080p/24Hz :(
That should be perfectly fine for taking screenshots though, I'd think? Set up your photo in photo mode, then rather than using PS4's Share, use your card :)

Hopped back into this tonight for the first time in weeks. I know challenges are still disabled but man things are a lot better. Connected to the servers the whole time and got into 2 multiplayers without issue. Things loaded quickly and the balances they made to collision and spinouts in MP made it much more enjoyable.

Part of me dislikes it because it's made it even more bumper cars style but that's just how people drive online so it's preferable to having someone ram into your ass at 150 MPH and send you out of the race.

Hugstable

Banned
Wow this KTM X-Bow is straight fucking horrible lol. I mean why would you make a car in this style, only for it to handle like complete dogshit?

Number45

Wow this KTM X-Bow is straight fucking horrible lol. I mean why would you make a car in this style, only for it to handle like complete dogshit?
UYevEhj.jpg

Is lighting bug a known problem? Every time I start a race the screen starts super bright like blinding...eventually it fades in. Even in a night race, took like 20 seconds before things looked normal.

Pena

Neo Member
It's really hard to enjoy racing vs. AI because the rubberbanding is so extreme it's ridiculous. When you navigate through some tricky section, there is no "YEAH TAKE THAT" feeling because the AI don't give a shit and flies past you like it's no big deal.
Then they suddenly stop being Mr. Awesome at the end of the race and you win.

Nyx

It's really hard to enjoy racing vs. AI because the rubberbanding is so extreme it's ridiculous. When you navigate through some tricky section, there is no "YEAH TAKE THAT" feeling because the AI don't give a shit and flies past you like it's no big deal.

It has been discussed a lot already, supposedly the only ‘’rubberbanding’’ there is, is that the AI will slow down a bit if you are far behind.

Sounds like you need to improve your cornering skills to me.

Vaga

Not this shit again.

FireSol

Try to record some of your races and you will see how AI utilize your mistakes

Is lighting bug a known problem? Every time I start a race the screen starts super bright like blinding...eventually it fades in. Even in a night race, took like 20 seconds before things looked normal.
I have it too. The colors seem to inverted/negative at the start of night races.
Also since FW 2.0 I've been having issues with controller inputs. Sometimes while racing the camera just starts changing like crazy. I have to turn off and on the controller to fix it. Not a problem in single-player but game braking while on-line.

Famassu

If you are actually navigating through those tricky parts really well, then you should be gaining lead on the AI (though, not too much in harder races). Seems like you just THINK you are doing well when you're not doing some corners as well/fast as you could and that lets the AI drivers gain on you fast. The AI is quick to punish you of that. There is zero rubberbanding when the gamer is in the lead. The AI doesn't suddenly gain speed past the normal limits of the cars, the same limits your own has.

It has been discussed a lot already, supposedly the only ‘’rubberbanding’’ there is, is that the AI will slow down a bit if you are far behind.
Yeah, and even that is when you're REALLY behind and mostly severely affects the bottom half of the AI racers until you've reached them. In one of the new events released yesterday, I screwed up pretty badly and yeah, I could reach the AI drivers pretty easily, but if I wasn't driving almost perfectly, then I had a hard time keeping the 3rd-6th place driver behind me or shorten the distance between me and the AI drivers that were 1st & 2nd.

Auctopus

Yes, was a known bug before the DLC patch dropped but I have encountered it quite often after downloading the patch.

garyBig

Does anyone know if there's gonna be snow in the canada tracks when the weather update comes?

Evo said they chose the respective type of precipitation for each of the locales based on what seems to be the most plausible with regards to the individual setting and the time of year they determined for each of them. Since we already saw footage of rainy Canada, I think it's fair to assume there will be not a single snowflake on those tracks. Sorry.

Shaneus

Evo said they chose the respective type of precipitation for each of the locales based on what seems to be the most plausible with regards to the individual setting and the time of year they determined for each of them. Since we already saw footage of rainy Canada, I think it's fair to assume there will be not a single snowflake on those tracks. Sorry.
The way it sounded, it's likely we'd have both for that sort of track. I know ice would be restricted to Norway but if their precipitation system really is as dynamic as they say it is, having snow or rain on any track should technically be possible.

Famassu

So Norway is obviously going to have snowfall, and Canada, Chile & India will of course have rain. Is Scotland snow or rain? Is the time of year supposed to be Fall-ish? So snowfall could technically be possible, though rain is perhaps still likelier?

chadskin

Hum. I bought the new DLCs yesterday via the Web store and wanted to play the new Tour stuff but it says I need to buy the content in the store first. It then takes me to the store where it says "Bought", with no other action possible. Going back to the game, nothing changed, it still wants me to buy the content in the store. So looks like I'm stuck.

The same happens with the DLC cars.

I deleted the game and downloaded it again over night but to no avail. Any ideas? Is there an option to permanently delete content from the account?

USF

I'm having trouble downloading the free stuff. They show up as 'purchased' in store but no option for downloading it. Can't access the in-game store either..

I got the items from the psn store's web if that makes a difference.. Any help?

chadskin

Looks like I'm not the only one then. A few people on the DC Facebook page report similar issues so I guess we have to wait until Evo fixes it. :(

chadskin

That did the trick for me, thank you! I just put it into rest mode for the download over night, booted it up today and it still didn't work. Who knew an issue that looked like a PSN issue can be fixed with a console reboot. :)

That did the trick for me, thank you! I just put it into rest mode for the download over night, booted it up today and it still didn't work. Who knew an issue that looked like a PSN issue can be fixed with a console reboot. :)
It was curious. I can understand game needing to restart if it doesn't become self-aware of unlocks unlocked after being booted but the console?

Having lots of fun with that drift event for electric Renault car.
It's hard though, you have to go full Initial D mode and drift at every corner almost nonstop. Still can't get more than 4k points.

Famassu

It was curious. I can understand game needing to restart if it doesn't become self-aware of unlocks unlocked after being booted but the console?
Maybe there was something in the install of the DLC that didn't quite register until a reboot, making the system & game think you don't yet have the DLC installed even though you do. Or just a simple bug that fixed itself when rebooting.

Kumubou

Having lots of fun with that drift event for electric Renault car.
It's hard though, you have to go full Initial D mode and drift at every corner almost nonstop. Still can't get more than 4k points.
That event was a trip the first time I played it. Start the car up and hear nothing (you can actually hear the crowd clapping as you drive off -- nice audio touch that I'm surprised they added since you're not going to hear it 99.9999% of the time). Then you go into the first corner, I try to downshift and nothing happens and I'm just all WTF?!?... and then you realize it's an electric car.

The drift events in the DLC seem harder than the base game, which is a bit of a surprise considering how much trouble people had with them already. I hate how glitched leaderboards are still a thing, as I've had some times where I was in the top 5... only to see everyone else above me with absurd (sub-minute) times in cars that the game can't even display on the leaderboard. At least the multi-race event leaderboards seem to be working now, which were broken for the longest time.

USF

Turns out that the downloadable content is region locked to the disc.

My Region 2 game won't recognize the content I purchased from the US account. Tried playing the game on my secondary UK account and all dlc was there :(

Not anymore, Evo might have fucked me over reseting the leaderboards but I'm still king of The Kyle. :) Well not much of a record as it was my first lap with the Lykan out there but hey still no1.

And records for the M4 and KTM aswell.

And a funny online race for all the RUF haters out there:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsURGrDbOHo
Not any more you're not.

Just gave it a quick bash. Not played much of The Kyle - the cambers do me over! - but managed to snag 2nd.

http://i3.minus.com/ibz6wZdKaklLcC.png

tetsujin007

Neo Member
Haven't solved my problem

Same issues here last night - so what i did was deleted game and re-downloaded but issues still appeared, then i went into the psn store through the console and saw liveries and other items that such as cars that were available to purchase and download right away [i purchased ignition expansion pack via browser before hence these issues] and any other stuff that you can get your hands on.

After that i still had issue, then i deleted my saves [backed them up first] and rebooted system, started a new save and finally able to enter the new tours.

I copied back my save and it was fine. What a nightmare, but hey it worked in the end.

Try the above before re-downloading the whole game [digital users], just get the dlc the liveries and cars etc, reboot and try it, if fails, try all of the above.

I actually sent an email to sony depts about this last night and they replied today with some solutions but none of them of what i tried worked, plus i solved it before they replied, hey ho! :)

garyBig

Some of the Ignition races are just jaw-droppingly beautiful. This game really shines in low-contrast low-sun scenarios. Perfect prerendered-look and even approaching photorealness at moments. Obviously at this point in my post I HAVE to mention that the weather patch will make the illusion even more mind-blowing. Granted, it looks best when you don't necessarily 'see' much, but this game revels in obstructed views and rightly and sophisticatedly so. I'm truly amazed by the achievement and looking forward to all that is yet to come.

23qwerty

Oof, that sucks a lot.

Shaneus

Oof, that sucks a lot.
They never said there was only one type of precipitation for each track, though. As I said earlier, if everything really is as dynamic as Evo make it (natural puddles forming, natural environmental effects etc.) there's no reason any track can't have both snow and rain. It was more a comment (I assume) to discount, say, snow appearing in India.

Top Bottom