• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT2| You Can't Rush Evolution

USF

I really love this game, but the way it handles DLC is a disaster. :(

How come latest pack liveries are still locked in the game, although they're 'bought' and installed on the console?
I've bought them from the web store, FWIW.
Also tried rebooting my console, but didn't change shit.

Same problem here... The add-ons are not installing into the game, it's freaking installing seperately as shown below. I cannot uninstall/delete the addons folder too!

B3m8xz_CIAEPuiw.jpg:orig

Jimrpg

Because I took hours and hours to beat the Venom Hot Lap, I decided to do a how to beat / turn by turn guide on my blog. It lists roughly the speeds you need to take every corner on.

There's a video there too. It's only 1:15.941 but it should show roughly what you should be doing. I know, I know its nowhere near the 1:14s but this should still help anyone struggling getting that final star.

https://boingbb.wordpress.com/2014/11/29/driveclub-how-to-beat-the-venom-hot-lap-tour-event/

Rushy

Same problem here... The add-ons are not installing into the game, it's freaking installing seperately as shown below. I cannot uninstall/delete the addons folder too!
Did you download the DLC from the same region store as the game when using the webstore?

NoFoX

@ Rushy

Could you please update some mini maps in the following free space:
Code:
[IMG]http://s9.postimg.org/icj0k2km6/DRIVECLUB_20141129182939.jpg[/IMG]
Code:
[IMG]http://s9.postimg.org/aiieyocta/DRIVECLUB_20141129182946.jpg[/IMG]
And maybe some lap infos like distance, max speed etc.?

Thanks for your great and hard work!

Famassu

Finished all the DLC events with 3 stars... I need moar. :< I guess it's time to put this down for a while, at least until the next batch of DLC and the weather update. Oh well, I should have Murdered: Soul Suspect, Diablo III and Watch_Dogs coming in the mail in the coming days.

ajcacio

Banned
God that Norway UK/Germany DLC championship is fucking garbage. First time I've had to just put the game down I was so frustrated. Those walls that halve your speed are HORSESHIT.

Bluenova

Neo Member
I don't see the new paint jobs either. Where were they supposed to be (retro graphic..?)

In bonus.

Man I hope you can get the DLC sorted. I used the PS4 game page to enter the store and get addon without issues. The installed in a funny way, played a race, and new cars came in the lineup.

USF

Did you download the DLC from the same region store as the game when using the webstore?

No. If that's the case, how can I delete the dlc alone? I will try installing it from the same region store as the disc and tell you the result.

Rushy

No. If that's the case, how can I delete the dlc alone? I will try installing it from the same region store as the disc and tell you the result.

You shouldn't need to delete it. Just download it from the matching regions store and it should work. Let me know how you get on.

le-seb

You shouldn't need to delete it. Just download it from the matching regions store and it should work. Let me know how you get on.
Hey Paul, any hint on how I'm supposed to get the new liveries working?

Although they're already installed on the console (I've bought and downloaded them from the web store), the game redirects me to the PS store, that obviously says I've already bought them.

Have you already tried to download it again from the library on the PS4?
How is he supposed to do it, when the console doesn't let him delete DLC at first? (you cannot download something already installed)
I guess he'd have to delete the whole game first (well, DLC and patches it seems in his case), which is a bummer...

When you go to the add-ons in the library, there's &#8595; icon next to them which to my recollection lets you redownload them.
Nope, look at the screenshot I've posted on previous page, it's greyed out.

Melchiah

How is he supposed to do it, when the console doesn't let him delete DLC at first? (you cannot download something already installed)
I guess he'd have to delete the whole game first (well, DLC and patches it seems in his case), which is a bummer...

When you go to the add-ons in the library, there's &#8595; icon next to them which to my recollection lets you redownload them.

Fenzer

How the ghost thing works in Time Trials ?

I have 3 friends who already run all the tracks from new DLC but they never appear during the race. All I see is ghosts for the three stats generated by the game itself.

Jimrpg

I have 3 friends who already run all the tracks from new DLC but they never appear during the race. All I see is ghosts for the three stats generated by the game itself.

I had two ghosts on the track at the same time the other day.. One was rainbow coloured too. I have no idea who it was.

Vaga

You can have a max of 3 three ghosts at the same time. First ghost is the player with the no1 time on that track, the second is the one above you, the third is your best time.

I think until you get the 3 stars it shows you a ghost for time required to get them - once you've beat the 3 star time you get 1st place ghost, the one ahead of you on the leaderboard and your last time - I think if you have a friend faster than you it shows their ghost rather than the one above you on the leaderboard.

USF

What about:

Settings --> System Storage Management

From there you should be able to delete anything that's on your harddrive.

Can delete the game install, but not the dlc.
It won't show up in storage management, only shows up in library.
Seems like the dlc content was already there on disc but locked, and the unlock key is now stuck to my account after my purchase...

le-seb

Can delete the game install, but not the dlc.
You may want to try that anyway, as I was able to solve my problem by deleting the game and reinstalling it.

I'm lucky my Internet connection is a 100 Mbps one, with no bandwidth caps, but needing to do that is very very wrong.

le-seb

Look at all those greyed out arrows...

You just can't force the reinstallation of something already installed on this console.
Your only option is to uninstall first.

Melchiah

Look at all those greyed out arrows...

You just can't force the reinstallation of something already installed on this console.
Your only option is to uninstall first.

I recall I redownloaded some pre-order bonus, which didn't work. Can't remember what it was though.
EDIT: I've never had to reinstall the whole game in order to get an add-on to work.

le-seb

I recall I redownloaded some pre-order bonus, which didn't work. Can't remember what it was though.
Yes, the fucked up DriveClub preorder DLC bonus is one of the things I could try to download again, since it doesn't download or install properly.

But I also can see from your very own screenshot that you have absolutely no option to download, say, that Photo Finish livery pack. Right?

If you find a way to delete / force reinstall a single DC DLC, please share a video of your method.
People living with bandwidth caps will be grateful.

EDIT: I've never had to reinstall the whole game in order to get an add-on to work.
Until today, I didn't have to, either. ¯\_(&#12484;)_/¯

Melchiah

Yes, the fucked up DriveClub preorder DLC bonus is one of the things I could try to download again, since it doesn't download or install properly.

But I also can see from your very own screenshot that you have absolutely no option to download, say, that Photo Finish livery pack. Right?

If you find a way to delete / force reinstall a single DC DLC, please share a video.

Until today, I didn't have to, either. ¯\_(&#12484;)_/¯

I haven't naturally tried it with DC, as the add-ons work for me. Duh. It has worked in the past IIRC, which was the reason for my post. It's not the first time something like this happens, as there were similar problems with Resogun and Infamous DLCs.

Auctopus

Happy to see that Evo aren't scared of adding electric cars. Seeing as they already seem quite fond of Beamers, I hope we'll see the i8 in the near future, it is gorgeous...

2015-bmw-i8-fd.jpg

djjinx2

Glad your back posting, you have made a game to be proud of, hopefully the hate and shitposting is behind us :)

Really looking forward to weather and all the added tracks!

Track design is the best I have ever seen in a racing game ;)

Happy to see that Evo aren't scared of adding electric cars. Seeing as they already seem quite fond of Beamers, I hope we'll see the i8 in the near future, it is gorgeous...

2015-bmw-i8-fd.jpg

Yes please, gorgeous car!!

Hugstable

Banned
How's alot of the new races for everyone playing them? Probably gonna start completing those again later in December been busy with Far Cry 4 recently haha. I did play like the first set of races in the Ignition DLC, really enjoyed some of the new cars.

danowat

Banned
Brand new console, new install of Driveclub, fully updated and I am plagued with a ce-34878-0 error everytime I try and start a race.

Not a good start to a new console!!

How can I cure this?

DCS

Banned
The 'new cars' online playlists still never work, everything is installed fine and the normal playlists are okay. It's frustrating that the new cars aren't included in the normal playlists, I don't understand that.

The 'new cars' online playlists still never work, everything is installed fine and the normal playlists are okay. It's frustrating that the new cars aren't included in the normal playlists, I don't understand that.

Sounds to me like they don't have a proper system for placeholders/displaying downloaded cars for those who don't have them.

Famassu

The cars feel different AGAIN. Come on Evo, keep the cars at one setting.
Was there an update I'm not aware of? When was the last time you played the game? I don't feel they have done any change to the handling, other than made it harder to spin people from behind in the 1.07 update.

dano1

A Sheep
Brand new console, new install of Driveclub, fully updated and I am plagued with a ce-34878-0 error everytime I try and start a race.

Not a good start to a new console!!

How can I cure this?

The PlayStation 4 error CE-34878-0 can usually be fixed without having to re-install the PS4 system software. Here’s what you need to do to fix the error:

Restart the system and try again. Make sure the latest game patches and PS4 system software has been installed.
If the error persists, re-install the game (re-download if its a downloadable title), and try again.
If the error still persists, you’ll have to re-install the PS4 system software. Go to Settings, then to Initialization, and choose Initialize PS4. Be sure to back up your data before doing this.
As always with games, pay attention to patches and announcements from the developer, as this might give a hint whether it’s the game that’s at fault, or if something went wrong with your PlayStation 4 console. In the vast majority of cases, re-installing the game will fix this issue.

USF

I kind of found a solution for my problem and got the dlc working after trying out all the solutions I've found over the internet without success.

So here's my problem:

I have a UK (region 2) disc of the game and my primary psn user is NA (region 1). Downloaded the dlc from NA store but couldn't get the game to recognize I have it purchased. It shows ingame that is there installed but won't lets me access.

I then logged in to my UK account (secondary) to see if I can download the dlc again from the UK store and it was successful. Tried the game from that account and the dlc was there and playable.

I logged out and went back to my primary NA account to see if the dlc works, however it did not. The issue was still there.

The solution I've found:

Turns out if I stay logged in to my UK account then switch back to my primary NA user without logging out keeps the dlc recognizable and playable. Seriously? Sony/Evolution? Who's idea was that..

I kind of found a solution for my problem and got the dlc working after trying out all the solutions I've found over the internet without success.

So here's my problem:

I have a UK (region 2) disc of the game and my primary psn user is NA (region 1). Downloaded the dlc from NA store but couldn't get the game to recognize I have it purchased. It shows ingame that is there installed but won't lets me access.

I then logged in to my UK account (secondary) to see if I can download the dlc again from the UK store and it was successful. Tried the game from that account and the dlc was there and playable.

I logged out and went back to my primary NA account to see if the dlc works, however it did not. The issue was still there.

The solution I've found:

Turns out if I stay logged in to my UK account then switch back to my primary NA user without logging out keeps the dlc recognizable and playable. Seriously? Sony/Evolution? Who's idea was that..

Are both your accounts set to primary? All my different region accounts are set to primary, so I just need to log on to my EU account (my main) to access stuff from my US or JP accounts.

danowat

Banned
The PlayStation 4 error CE-34878-0 can usually be fixed without having to re-install the PS4 system software. Here&#8217;s what you need to do to fix the error:

Restart the system and try again. Make sure the latest game patches and PS4 system software has been installed.
If the error persists, re-install the game (re-download if its a downloadable title), and try again.
If the error still persists, you&#8217;ll have to re-install the PS4 system software. Go to Settings, then to Initialization, and choose Initialize PS4. Be sure to back up your data before doing this.
As always with games, pay attention to patches and announcements from the developer, as this might give a hint whether it&#8217;s the game that&#8217;s at fault, or if something went wrong with your PlayStation 4 console. In the vast majority of cases, re-installing the game will fix this issue.

Thanks, reinstalled EVERYTHING, still get the same error, but so far, only on one event, the first Cayoosh (?) event, which is (I think) the thrid event in in the career?

Also, is there a PSN tag exchange?, wouldn't mind some friends who play DC :)

Korezo

Is this game ever going to get fixed? Like I haven't heard anything about Evo fixing the game. I can't believe this.

Nyx

Is this game ever going to get fixed? Like I haven't heard anything about Evo fixing the game. I can't believe this.

The game works fine, they just need to implement the challenges still but for the rest everything works.

Top Bottom