• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT2| You Can't Rush Evolution

Famassu

Is this game ever going to get fixed? Like I haven't heard anything about Evo fixing the game. I can't believe this.
It is mostly fixed, what the fuck are you talking about? The only thing they need to do anymore is give us challenges. Otherwise the game uploading & downloading leaderboards work pretty much flawlessly even for multicup races which has been broken forever, face-offs work flawlessly and I've only seen one weird face-off (a drift face-off with a score of, like, 32,000 but no freakishly high average speed face-offs), online multiplayer is more stable (though there are still errors now and then when joining a game but way less than before), all the club progression & statistics viewing works flawlessly etc.

Had they released the game in this state, I think people would have been perfectly happy about it with very little to complain.

It does seem that way but I've been pushing harder on my turns so it may be me. All the other cars feel fine...shrug. Caterham is better anyway :)
I can't wait for the actual lightweight races where we can compare the 4 of them - don't think there'll be many takers for the x-bow but I think a few will stick with the mono and I love the atom.

le-seb

I can't wait for the actual lightweight races where we can compare the 4 of them - don't think there'll be many takers for the x-bow but I think a few will stick with the mono and I love the atom.
I much prefer the X-Bow to the Atom, as far as I'm concerned.
Both are treacherous cars, but the KTM is easier to keep on the road.

AndyD

aka andydumi
Ahh, I like this new multiple ghosts thing. Although the new tracks are awesome, some of the new cars are twitchy. Ooof.

One thing I don't like is that they seem to patch the game with all the DLC even for those who don't buy it. I guess it's so we can race on those tracks and see other players using the cars in multiplayer though.

I much prefer the X-Bow to the Atom, as far as I'm concerned.
Both are treacherous cars, but the KTM is easier to keep on the road.

I love the X-Bow, tried the Atom a few times, but it seems impossible to steer. Must be me though as other players in online games whiz past me in their Atom. With all it's faults, still a very enjoyable game and lovely to drive.

Man it feels so good hooking a corner up and totally nailing a time.

Just saw some mother nabbed the top slot on Sentraltind with the Zonda R after I grabbed it yesterday. Not only took it back but did so by a couple of tenths off for good measure.

Now the owner of the fastest non-Venom time on that track, even then I'm currently sitting 13th, until some bugger nabs it back I am sure :p

Are you waiting for the ps + version? Because you must not be playing the current game.

I dunno, challenges are still disabled. Not totally fixed yet.

Also - am I crazy or did Evo remove the PSN avatar from above your cars when racing online? I really liked that :(

skelekey

I love the x-bow. If you stay off the e-brake it drives like a dream. I haven't tried the mono as I'm not in a club. But I feel like this game could use some more car categories. In "super" races nearly everybody picks mono and it's a bit disheartening because you know you can't out corner them in many of the other cars. The x-bow is too slow to be in the class that it in as well as the Renault twin run.

sneaky77

I really like the xbow.. but that xbow rally event in the uphill tight S turn I lost the car so many times until I finally beat it

I love the x-bow. If you stay off the e-brake it drives like a dream. I haven't tried the mono as I'm not in a club. But I feel like this game could use some more car categories. In "super" races nearly everybody picks mono and it's a bit disheartening because you know you can't out corner them in many of the other cars. The x-bow is too slow to be in the class that it in as well as the Renault twin run.

I don't mind the x-bow but it feels a bit too jack of all trades, neither as fast as the Atom or as good in the bends as the Mono or Caterham.

You can get some great races between the Atom and Mono as their strengths and weaknesses kind of balance out.

http://youtu.be/MD_b8FP00_g

It can be tough in a pack of cars as you can get bashed all over the place but if you can get clear in the Atom it's awesome.

http://youtu.be/48hFWkwEmmo

Not sure about the last bit of your post, I've won with both the KTM and the Twin Run over the last couple of nights but I think a lot depends on the track - they'd struggle on less twisty, high speed tracks. Oh and get yourself in a club (you can just create your own by setting up a second account on your ps4) as the mono shouldn't be missed!

They do try to match cars of equivalent speed up a bit more these days so I guess without the mono you need to go for those events instead of the open Super class.

viveks86

Man! It's getting so cold outside. I can't imagine what will happen if it got colder in a week or 2!

EDIT: Oops. Wrong thread?

Small thing that I noticed while in photomode, if you check out the other drivers cars speedos, if they have a digital readout it will tell you their speed but the needles will be on zero. Nitpicking I'm sure and Evo probably didn't feel the need to model/code those in, but was just strange when zooming in to other cars seeing it doing 140MPH but 0 revs etc

Just stayed up to nearly 4 AM playing this again out of nowhere.

Some nights it can really get its hooks into you.

I think the quick nature and closeness of the races is what gives this game it's hook. You might not be doing well one race, but then, within 5 minutes you're in another and leading the pack. It's such an amazing game, just a shame for the rocky launch.

KalBalboa

Banned
I think the quick nature and closeness of the races is what gives this game it's hook. You might not be doing well one race, but then, within 5 minutes you're in another and leading the pack. It's such an amazing game, just a shame for the rocky launch.

I also noticed I was only ~60k points away from being the highest on my friends list. I ended up just gunning for accolades for the last 45 min to become #1 before retiring for the night.

ShamePain

Banned
frame_0000.jpg

Man, what the hell happened to the ability to open up your cars and strap yourself in, start up the engine and so on?

Denur

Man! It's getting so cold outside. I can't imagine what will happen if it got colder in a week or 2!

EDIT: Oops. Wrong thread?
But will it be getting cold enough that the snow does not melt on impact with the road and that we'll have to fit snow tires or perhaps even spikes?

Ultibreaker

Neo Member
I dare any of you to drive the MONO and tell me it feels the same as it's been in the past week. It under/over steering more and normal.

And for those of you that think Developers have to patch/update a game in order to make changes you're wrong. There's certain things that don't need update or patch. They can make the changes internally without having you download an update.

I only play Super/Hyper cars so I don't know about the rest. The Zonda R is driving fine

Auctopus

I dare any of you to drive the MONO and tell me it feels the same as it's been in the past week. It under/over steering more and normal.

And for those of you that think Developers have to patch/update a game in order to make changes you're wrong. There's certain things that don't need update or patch. They can make the changes internally without having you download an update.

I only play Super/Hyper cars so I don't know about the rest. The Zonda R is driving fine

I agree with you after driving the Audi R8 recently. I know that car pretty well after spending a couple hours with it on Munnar and it is definitely not the same car.

Ultibreaker

Neo Member
Rushy if you're reading this, Please don't change the handling of the cars. It's literally PERFECT. Every car drives different but they all feel unique. The changes made recently to certain cars including the MONO is NO GOOD.

Oh and can we please be able to disable the HUD individually... Thank you

Rushy if you're reading this, Please don't change the handling of the cars. It's literally PERFECT. Every car drives different but they all feel unique. The changes made recently to certain cars including the MONO is NO GOOD.

What do you mean by " individually "?

I tend to disagree on the handling. The cars feel like they are on ice for me and really don't handle anything like I'd expect them to. They're also twitchy as hell at times and completely unresponsive, which I'd expect but, not at the times I expect them to be. Disclaimer: I use a DS4 and not a wheel.

I've tried to get used to it, in multiple views but, I just can't seem to. I guess I'm more used to sims like GT and straight arcade racing and really don't do well with a simcade or something. I don't know but, after a lot of hours I still suck worse at this game than any racing game I've ever played and it's because I can't get a grasp on the handling system.

That's all subjective though, so take it for what it is. I'm starting to see that I'm in the minority on a lot of things in this game, based on gaf anyways, and it probably just isn't for me.

Auctopus

Still no date for the Weather Update right? I really hope it gets here soon, by soon i mean next week. xD

Welp, they said before the end of the year so unless they're planning to work right up until Christmas day, there's only two more weeks until the end of the working year, essentially.

Ultibreaker

Neo Member
Yep, exactly. All I need is the speedometer (MANUAL). Some people just care for the time, etc. The game is too beautiful to have so many things in the HUD impairing your view. I play in Bumper view

The only thing I can do is turn as many things as I can off and then what's left put it at 30% transparent.

sneaky77

For some reason it didn't save my xbow rally time from Sunday.. and I had to redo the third star, unfortunately didn't get as good a time.. fuck.

Also our club level lost a lot of points randomly.. I am not sure what they are doing in the backend.. but c'mon

lordxar

Ha! Suck it pro race! Just nabbed that trophy and got the Cleanup trophy in the process! Never thought I'd get that one done much less on the pro race!

Top Bottom