• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT2| You Can't Rush Evolution

That roar when it's in the high rpm zone, just amazing.

You can hear it somewhat in the cockpit but when I get my hands on it, it's all outside cam for me, either bumper or chase cam.

Rushy

A quick summary of everything released/releasing this month:

10382285_743289109088785_5814957076033049643_o.jpg

10856569_743289115755451_5619359094304576881_o.jpg

Those in the EU can grab the new content right now: LINK

Vaga

Yeah the Limited Slip event Dezir drift. The moment you beat Phenom_Evo top score of 15k+.

So.Fucking.Good.

And if you thought Venom Hot Lap was tough, you're in for a treat in heavy rain :)

DBT85

Arghh. campagna who best my time by 0.03 has been dispatched by 0.2 secs, only for nayrobi11 to have gone another 0.25 faster still!

Real pain in the ass too since it rains after the first lap so it's just repeat, repeat, repeat.

Edit: managed 8th in one of the EVO challenges. Quite pleased with that considering the competition! Only 2.5 secs behind Vagabone now!

Mitch

Banned
Picked it up today, so I'll be on later this evening after work. I'll probably stick to offline play for a bit, just so I can get used to a few things. Would love to play with you guys.

PSN: ServbotMitch

BahamutPT

I'm still missing the 3rd star in the original Venom Hot Lap! :(
I know one day I'll make it. Haven't tried it much recently, but got a 1:16:042 yesterday (it really REALLY annoyed me!). I'll eventually get there.

That said, I'm pretty certain Venom Hot Lap 2 will speed up my aging.

viveks86

Picked it up today, so I'll be on later this evening after work. I'll probably stick to offline play for a bit, just so I can get used to a few things. Would love to play with you guys.

PSN: ServbotMitch

Welcome. Add PSN: DRIVECLUB-GAF and all its friends :)

Mitch

Banned
I'll be sure to get you guys added once I get everything sorted.

Pretty excited to play after watching videos and reading through the thread this morning.

Just thought I'd add a few more vids of my online exploits before I get stuck into the new single player stuff.

I go from 9th on the grid through a pack of snarling RUF's only to be taken out by the leader whilst overtaking, drop back to 6th then fight back again...

http://youtu.be/b0V4yJIcxTY

Spend 3 laps around Wester Ross in the wet looking at the back end of a Bentley trying to get past, some good close racing.

http://youtu.be/bvd1Fv-5o0k

Another fightback, this time from 7th at night in heavy snow around the Norwegian dam. The most intense race I've had yet, incredible.

http://youtu.be/P8qymQWh2ro

Mitch

Banned
Just thought I'd add a few more vids of my online exploits before I get stuck into the new single player stuff.

I go from 9th on the grid through a pack of snarling RUF's only to be taken out by the leader whilst overtaking, drop back to 6th then fight back again...

http://youtu.be/b0V4yJIcxTY

Spend 3 laps around Wester Ross in the wet looking at the back end of a Bentley trying to get past, some good close racing.

http://youtu.be/bvd1Fv-5o0k

Another fightback, this time from 7th at night in heavy snow around the Norwegian dam. The most intense race I've had yet, incredible.
Pretty great handling in these videos. I foresee a lot of botched turns and drifts in my future.

Vaga

Managed to improve my time a little bit but fuck my hands hurt. I can see a 1:17 in the far distance.

This event is the perfect example to see how wet surfaces alter the car handling especially a hyper one.

SerTapTap

I want those weather tour events, but I tried the events in the free DLC tour and was clearly out of my league. I'll have to wait until I'm better at the game before considering the season pass.

viveks86

Managed to improve my time a little bit but fuck my hands hurt. I can see a 1:17 in the far distance.

This event is the perfect example to see how wet surfaces alter the car handling especially a hyper one.

Is it the same Tamil Nadu race track or one of the other variants?

Danlord

Oh my NeoGAF I am so happy right now!
xyoEieC.jpg

It was also my 225th Star to finish too.

Earlier I got 1:16.067 and it was so infuriating but I managed to find some sweet spots that helped me get a faster time; so happy I've finally completed it.

DavidDesu

Venom Hot Lap 2!?! :D

Just bought my season pass. I think it's a cynical practice in most games and we'll never now how much content was held back rather than actually produced after the game's release, but still, Evolution need all the support they can get. They've made my favourite driving game of all time that hits the mark in so many ways for me, and I really want them to continue. Hoping the apparent leaks of a Japanese location are true. I'd be sooo happy as I trust them to do something spectacular with the setting, and of course Japanese cars are a must. Hope to see a GTR and a good old fashioned Skyline or two as well.

Hmm starting to find the AI very frustrating in this game. To be honest they are fun to race against I just don't think they work well with the lap time aspect of some of the star requirements. Getting the time you require seems to be more luck than skill, hoping you get a race where the AI won't either sit three across the road blocking you from passing (because of course you can't put a tyre an inch off the track or you basically stop) or smash you off the road at some random point or even have a massive pileup in front of you blocking the entire road.

Tommi84

And just 4 seconds extra to compensate for that? o_O
Yup. After 30min i got 1:21.501 and can't think I'll ever beat 1:20mark. Playing on a gamepad, in the night, during storm and wet track is rudiculous. I screwed up the end a bit so I could shave off 0.5sec, but one second less makes me crazy. Give me possibility to play on G25/G27/GT steering wheel, Evo!

viveks86

Yup. After 30min i got 1:21.501 and can't think I'll ever beat 1:20mark. Playing on a gamepad, in the night, during storm and wet track is rudiculous. I screwed up the end a bit so I could shave off 0.5sec.

The original took me HOURS to beat. I don't think I'll beat this at all. Sucks that I need to wait till next week for it to be out in the US.

Loudninja

Hmm starting to find the AI very frustrating in this game. To be honest they are fun to race against I just don't think they work well with the lap time aspect of some of the star requirements. Getting the time you require seems to be more luck than skill, hoping you get a race where the AI won't either sit three across the road blocking you from passing (because of course you can't put a tyre an inch off the track or you basically stop) or smash you off the road at some random point or even have a massive pileup in front of you blocking the entire road.
They are going to tone down the slipstreaming
@SharnOfTheDEAD The AI doesn't cheat but can drive & slipstream like driving Gods in some of the events. We are going to tone this down.
https://twitter.com/DRIVECLUB/status/545302817431617536

Top Bottom