• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT2| You Can't Rush Evolution

Tankshell

I started a Club yesterday, as a big fan of Iain M. Banks, I have named it:

The Culture

:)

Anyway, just got some randoms in it at the moment, but if anyone from UK GAF (or anywhere actually) wants to join, just give me a shout, and I'll boot them out.

My PSN id is: Tankshell

CozMick

Banned
Just saw PAL Charts thread it looks like DC did well in EU at retail it even dethroned Fifa in Germany! Am really happy for Evo DC is a solid game and with this foundation Driveclub 2 is going to be amazing.

Good news. Just fix the servers and we have the driving game of the year.

Until then.....

Its a love/hate relationship

wouwie

It's nice that time-trials on a closed circuit have full day/night cycle. Yesterday, i spent a long time time-trialing one track just to see the environment change throughout the day and night. It was very nice to see the position of the sun move throughout the day and the effect it had on the environment. The light and clouds system in Driveclub is fantastic. It's going to look even better with weather. It's a shame the online ghosts didn't work though.

DrKelpo

Banned
5aFjq9v.jpg

holy shit, that was intense... by far the hardest race in the game for me. cursed like a sailor.

Dear god, it works. And pretty fast too.
I just had time to do one mp match. Came in 2nd.

Now hoping for a steady ride for the rest of the gen..

The Arial Atom is the biggest fucking piece of shit I have ever driven in a video game.

It is honestly souring the end game for me. Now I have to grind for the BAC Mono. Get bent, Arial.

JamboGT

Can you tell I don't play sim racers?

I don't think I helped there to be honest...

The car is very tricky, especially with how the back end comes out under braking.

Some small bits of advice, when braking for a corner, keep a tiny bit of throttle on as it will settle the car down. On exits get the car straight before going full throttle and if needed apply a little bit of brake to keep the tail calm.

It is a tough car to drive and the BAC mono is a lot easier to handle but also a tonne of fun in an entirely different way.

Khayam

Banned
Hey, any nice club that has a spot for me ?

I had plans with friends but it feel through and all my other options are gone :(

Send an invite if u're cool : Thaarlist (EU FR)

I don't think I helped there to be honest...

Haha. All good, man. I overreacted. That was just an incredibly frustrating 15 minutes, especially after hours upon hours of decidedly arcadey and largely easy racing; they just threw a big fat sim pie in my face. I just don't think I'm cut out for it.

Now, this BAC Mono... Gorgeous.

JamboGT

Haha. All good, man. I overreacted. That was just an incredibly frustrating 15 minutes, especially after hours upon hours of decidedly arcadey and largely easy racing; they just threw a big fat sim pie in my face. I just don't think I'm cut out for it.

Now, this BAC Mono... Gorgeous.

The Atom, is in many ways similar to the Mono, but it is just that they added about 300 horsepower without adding any weight, even with the arcadey handling it is a massive handful!

Maloney

This patched fucked everything up for me (us), i used to be able to play online now I keep getting error messages when I choose an event and it counts down. Drift ghost don't show up anymore and it doesn't save my time (it did save my BAC MONO drift #1)

This has been happening for a while for me. I noticed that when offline the ghost and drift scores all worked, but as soon as it connected to the servers all the info and ghosts disappeared. Oh the irony.

Couldn't race on line at all last night, I could only get as far as a lobby and then it would error out. So frustrating.

Enjoying the offline game though =)

OmegaDL50

So I can semi-confirm the Driveclub update to 1.04 issues is not related to Evolution Studios but rather may be related to Sony and PSN nonsense itself.

Because I also got an update for Pier Solar as well and just like the Driveclub patch to 1.04 both failed to properly download.

So if both these games got affected by the update issue, I wouldn't be surprised if other games had this problem as well.

Atrophis

I started a Club yesterday, as a big fan of Iain M. Banks, I have named it:

The Culture

:)

Anyway, just got some randoms in it at the moment, but if anyone from UK GAF (or anywhere actually) wants to join, just give me a shout, and I'll boot them out.

My PSN id is: Tankshell

I'm down. We can lament the passing of the great man while driving at 200mph. Ill send you a friend request this evening :)

That BAC Mono is something... sticks to the road like glued.

Servers connections are dropping, but otherwise it works quite good. Minus only 'team events' in events. Wrote about that on Driveclub's FB...
The other day it was only Endurance Races, with long gaps between them too.

Seems to be after I get a bunch of errors it brings up a load of new events that are normally all similar to each other.

I've still yet to race online in Chile or Norway.

OmegaDL50

Sony came through today and gave me the full refund I asked for last week. $50 back in my wallet I can put towards an upcoming release. One that works and isnt a gigantic pos like Driveclub

I see you haven't made any comments towards the gameplay mechanics such as how each car handles differently, the quality of the visuals, the various track layouts in environments, the car selection, in fact in the only three posts you made about Driveclub was entirely about getting rid of the game and claiming it as a wreck or piece of shit.

Sure DC has issues with it's online mode, but I'm sure the game has other redeeming factors that you haven't glossed upon in each opportunity you posted about it.

Right how does one go about getting a refund for digitally bought games on PSN? I've had enough now. Over a week, still can't connect. Can't play a game without getting disconnected, signed out, kicked off, etc.

Dear god, it works. And pretty fast too.
I just had time to do one mp match. Came in 2nd.

Now hoping for a steady ride for the rest of the gen..

Quoting myself. Cause from being happy the game was working a split fucking second i'm now furious again.
I have limited time to game and when that time consists of only getting MOTHERFUCKING errors all the fucking time then i'm capable of rage-deleting the motherfucking game.

FUCK THIS.

Hackbert

mhh. yeah 1.04 lets me connect rather quick. but everytime i want to register for an mp event, it just loads... until the time runs out and i never get the green flag for being registered. and even if, i get booted, when the lobby tries to connect to the other players... whats up with that. and damn, i would love to play the challenges. I am already slowing down through the tour to have something left to do.

a real shame. Hopefully Revolution Studios can rework their network code rather soon ^^

witness

Evo just got a real big break with Project Cars being delayed to March. They have an opportunity now in the market to still cash in.

mhh. yeah 1.04 lets me connect rather quick. but everytime i want to register for an mp event, it just loads... until the time runs out and i never get the green flag for being registered. and even if, i get booted, when the lobby tries to connect to the other players... whats up with that. and damn, i would love to play the challenges. I am already slowing down through the tour to have something left to do.

a real shame. Hopefully Revolution Studios can rework their network code rather soon ^^

I've had the same issue for a while now. Updated to 1.04 and it still happens. Like the timer runs out and I'm kicked when it tries to connect. I'm losing my patience with this game.

Man this is gonna be the second weekend with server issues. I have off work this weekend too, I just want to be able to play back to back online races without disconnects, errors, and all that other crap. I love the game, but god damn Evo sure did fuck up lol.

Late Flag

I haven't had much opportunity to play this week and was really hoping to get some MP racing in over the weekend. Checking into this thread, I guess not?

I haven't had much opportunity to play this week and was really hoping to get some MP racing in over the weekend. Checking into this thread, I guess not?

You can get a online race here and there, but your bound to be dealing a bunch of errors in between. I haven't played it yet with the new patch, but people seem to have more issues with it, so that's not a good sign lol.

I'm more of a slow-burn kind of guy these days - I'll be playing this until GT7 or until a sequel. Take your time, Evo. You "MY FUCK IT'S BEEN 1.5 WEEKS!" people are starting to sound like the PS+ whiners, frankly. Relax a little. It's a video game.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I really want to try this game, but with the PS+ version still being unavailable, I can't. And all these network issues means there's no way in hell I'll pay for it right now. :( Bummer.

I can consistently connect to my club, but I've never been able to even get into a single race online. So yeah, there are still server problems.

baconcow

So a rule of thumb for racing is to never break while turning? Someone help me out.

It seems you can easily ram corners or cars on corners and almost never take a penalty. Even when you do take a penalty of slow down, you will still get a head from actually slowing down to stop. Most of my best time trials, I just accidentally brake late and end up bouncing off and faster than any legitimate driving. There is no proper penalty for ramming other cars (go play online and see; rammers usually are the winners, or racers that avoid rammers and get ahead of the pack). When you are racing, 9/10 times you get ahead when you use other slower cars on corners as bumpers.

Hugstable

Banned
So it's sounding like Project Cars is gonna be delayed, and now I'm back at square one wanting Driveclub since I NEED a driving game to play. Been watching some of the drifting videos that some have uploaded here and that got me really interested into this game again as well. Online and stuff doesn't matter as much to me as just pure fun handling of the cars, and those drift races seem fun as all hell.

Nyx

So it's sounding like Project Cars is gonna be delayed, and now I'm back at square one wanting Driveclub since I NEED a driving game to play. Been watching some of the drifting videos that some have uploaded here and that got me really interested into this game again as well. Online and stuff doesn't matter as much to me as just pure fun handling of the cars, and those drift races seem fun as all hell.

If you don't mind online not working properly I cannot imagine going wrong with this game if you like intense racers.

It seems you can easily ram corners or cars on corners and almost never take a penalty. Even when you do take a penalty of slow down, you will still get a head from actually slowing down to stop. Most of my best time trials, I just accidentally brake late and end up bouncing off and faster than any legitimate driving. There is no proper penalty for ramming other cars (go play online and see; rammers usually are the winners, or racers that avoid rammers and get ahead of the pack). When you are racing, 9/10 times you get ahead when you use other slower cars on corners as bumpers.

Yeah rammers have really good success in multiplayer. I just can't bring myself to do it. People also love to use the PIT maneuver on straights because there is no penalty for doing it.

pixelbox

No i get that but, for actual racing what's the rules?

Meelapo

Neo Member
For those that play in the cockpit view do you have trouble seeing the tachometer and the speedometer? I'm driving the Mini Cooper and when its sunny outside (in the game) I can't see the tachometer. I try to go by engine sound for when to gear up/down but the engine sound in the car isn't very loud (versus another racing game that came out recently). Does anyone else have this problem? How do you get around it? Just change the camera?

Top Bottom