• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT2| You Can't Rush Evolution

I must be blind. I couldn't find the options to turn off the braking indicator (green, yellow, red flag). Where's the option to turn it off? I'm not gonna rely on some visual aid to reduce immersion! I'll rely on good old track knowledge.

I must be blind. I couldn't find the options to turn off the braking indicator (green, yellow, red flag). Where's the option to turn it off? I'm not gonna rely on some visual aid to reduce immersion! I'll rely on good old track knowledge.

Go to event settings and turn off crowds.

DJ Gunner

Ok guys I need some help.

From what I can tell, I should have unlocked the contender trophy by now. I've won one solo challenge with at least ten participants, and one I sent to a friend (he completed it and got second). But the trophy has not popped. Do I need to be online when the challenge expires or something? Or am I missing something else entirely?

sneaky77

Ok guys I need some help.

From what I can tell, I should have unlocked the contender trophy by now. I've won one solo challenge with at least ten participants, and one I sent to a friend (he completed it and got second). But the trophy has not popped. Do I need to be online when the challenge expires or something? Or am I missing something else entirely?

I think that trophy is borked still... some people have been able to get it by being on the challenge screen when the challenge expires

viveks86

It's pretty satisfying to check a Challenge a few days in and see 10+ particpants and 100+ attempts, and you're seemingly 'great' time now in #6 or something :p so addicting to try 'reclaim your title' ... almost like, as the challenge creator, it's your duty to try retake the #1 spot lol so much fun

Yup. That's exactly what I did today. Feels good to be back! Was really surprised by the number of participants on this challenge!

5pDzH7H.jpg

Also sent out a new one, for those interested. Lake Shoji is a lovely track for drifting.

Yup. That's exactly what I did today. Feels good to be back! Was really surprised by the number of participants on this challenge!

5pDzH7H.jpg

Also sent out a new one, for those interested. Lake Shoji is a lovely track for drifting.

If you scroll down that leaderboard a bit more you'll see me at #34....LOL :(

Also Viveks you stole my first place on that benz lake shoji challenge.

Why you gotta be so good!

viveks86

If you scroll down that leaderboard a bit more you'll see me at #34....LOL :(

Also Viveks you stole my first place on that benz lake shoji challenge.

Why you gotta be so good!

Sorry dude. lol. You actually nailed the first S curve so well! It took me quite a while to get a handle on it. I'm not that far ahead from your best and I'm sure there is at least 2000 more points to squeeze out of that run. I forked that challenge into another one for 7 days so that everyone gets ample time on it! You can continue your attempts on that one. Don't give up. Good luck! :D

Sorry dude. lol. You actually nailed the first S curve so well! It took me quite a while to get a handle on it. I'm not that far ahead from your best and I'm sure there is at least 2000 more points to squeeze out of that run. I forked that challenge into another one for 7 days so that everyone gets ample time on it! You can continue your attempts on that one. Don't give up. Good luck! :D

Yeah outside of that first curve I felt the rest of mine were actually quite sloppy. Maybe I'll give it another go.

Can we also talk about how insane drifting through the end of a tunnel into blinding sunlight is? God damn lol.

23qwerty

Anyone else notice that having damaged headlights and brakelights decrease the amount of light coming out of them? Go into photomode after smashing up your car a bit, making sure to damage the lights, then switch off car damage and notice how the damaged lights output less light.

Or maybe it's just the build up of dirt over the course of a race that people noticed a while ago?

I should probably try manual driving then if I want to drift better too? I'm not a big racing game player so I'm pretty amateur at it.

Are tour packs worth the money?

Also.. what'd be my best bet to find an open GAF club? Kinda sucks that they are so small. I thought they'd be like 1000 members per club :3

You can down-shift in auto, too. Just press square.

Yes, they're worth the money. I'd buy the season pass, though, if I were you. You'll end up paying much more if you buy them all individually.

And try typing in 'GAF' when searching for clubs. There might be a space spare if you're lucky.

Who's to say this isn't exactly what we're doing ;)

jeremiah_johnson_nodding-Robert-Redford.gif

You guys are da bess.

All I would add is that the braking point will vary depending on the car and entry speed but this is a good place to start - the rest will come as your car and track knowledge improves.

Yep, forgot to mention that. Thanks.

Drac

Are challenges made by "EvolutionStudios" official or is it just a random user with that name ? There is more than 500 participants, either way I'll gladly take my 140k fames for my 40th place !

Schlocky

have evolution said anything about new race types in the expansions? i would love a time vs kudos kind of thing in here.

even with what's there now this is the best racing game in so long! i cant remember the last time I actually bothered to go back and 3 star every event in a game.

Rushy

Are challenges made by "EvolutionStudios" official or is it just a random user with that name ? There is more than 500 participants, either way I'll gladly take my 140k fames for my 40th place !
They're official.

Friend up 'EvolutionStudios' and keep an eye on your Friends Challenges section for regular official challenges.

Yeah this is the official account - Vaga won a prize for winning the first official challenge.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Yeah this is the official account - Vaga won a prize for winning the first official challenge.

I think I beat one of your cornering face offs. I'm not telling you which because you'd probably go back and beat me and I need to cling to my solitary victory vs DC GAF.

Thanks Lukas J so much for that racing line post. That's gonna help me so much. So far I've just been braking loads at every corner and trying to stay in the middle of the road.

Denur

They're official.

Friend up 'EvolutionStudios' and keep an eye on your Friends Challenges section for regular official challenges.
The other day I tried to participate in an Evo challenge, but couldn't because the maximum number of participants had been reached (400 or so). Are there plans to eliminate that limit (or at least make it a lot higher, like tens of thousands)?

Drac

The other day I tried to participate in an Evo challenge, but couldn't because the maximum number of participants had been reached (400 or so). Are there plans to eliminate that limit (or at least make it a lot higher, like tens of thousands)?

Yep that's why I had doubt, tried to forward it to my friend list be couldn't because of the number of participants. Kinda stupid limitation for an official challenge :/ Hope they find a way to remove that restriction.
Well I guess I'll have to work extra hard to shave off those 2s then !

xrnzaaas

Nice, I didn't know about the official challenges. I'll certainly try even though I'm sure I'll be far off the best times. :) (time trials aren't really my specialty, I usually go higher on the leaderboards in the race events)

I think I beat one of your cornering face offs. I'm not telling you which because you'd probably go back and beat me and I need to cling to my solitary victory vs DC GAF.

Thanks Lukas J so much for that racing line post. That's gonna help me so much. So far I've just been braking loads at every corner and trying to stay in the middle of the road.

Thinking about it, being able to see how you rate against your friends rank on the various faceoff's would be a great addition to the time trial - as well as being able to specify which face off you'd like to see. Average speed faceoffs are great for seeing if that alternative line you took improved your speed through a sector.

I'd also like somewhere to see a table on how I fare on the overall lap time ranks - I appreciate there's a lot of information to show (70+ cars, 60+ tracks & differing weather conditions) but a summary saying you have 5 times in the top 10, 30 times in the top 50 or something would be a nice addition. This info might be lurking in the stats screen we haven't got access to yet but if not then I would like to see it.

I was just quietly thinking to myself how awesome it would be if we could choose to open the driver's window slightly to allow the lovely noises in when in cockpit view. Bonus points for specs of rain appearing on the door trim.

Weird one this, unless they've been increasing it, I tried to enter one that had 290-ish participants and it said nope, too many but then like you say some have had 400+ now.

I can only assume it is for performance reasons.

Rushy

We've had to limit them whilst we continue to work on server side improvements, but the long term plan is to increase this number massively.

bombshell

The trophies for the Apex and the Sakura packs have been added to playstationtrophies.org, so I guess it's safe to assume both will drop in this week's store update.

I hope for the months to come that the 2 tour packs per month can be spread out across the month :)

Ted

So does no-one actually play this online who might be able to offer some help with why I can't connect to MP events?

We've had to limit them whilst we continue to work on server side improvements, but the long term plan is to increase this number massively.

Any timescale on when these might be be fully tested and complete?

I got into two out of thirteen MP event lobbies I tried to join yesterday (similar story on Saturday) and then had to restart the entire game after some kind of glitch showing club unlocks (which prevented the use of any functionality).

I assumed coming into this game this far after launch at least the basic MP event features would be OK (certainly people playing here at GAF seem to say they are) but it just doesn't seem to work for me and it's becoming increasingly frustrating.

I have tried all the usual tricks (bar just ignoring the router entirely and going wired straight to the modem itself - a wiring nightmare frankly) and nothing seems to work. My PS4 is in the network DMZ but I have also tried manually forwarding ports. Is this the correct list of ports required, 80,443,1935,3478-3480?

All other PS4 MP (that I have tried) works just fine, as do share play and remote play, both bandwidth centric functions.

I can't find any user help on your corporate site for Evolution Studios/Driveclub and as I am not a Facebook or Twitter user I don't have any way of interacting with Evo via that route.

Do you have a help desk I can raise a ticket with?

danowat

Banned
Servers are still, quite often, wonky for me, server disconnects, slow loading challenges, challenges that fail to load, slow to connect to MP, yadda yadda yadda

So does no-one actually play this online who might be able to offer some help with why I can't connect to MP events?

I got into two out of thirteen MP event lobbies I tried to join yesterday (similar story on Saturday) and then had to restart the entire game after some kind of glitch showing club unlocks (which prevented the use of any functionality).

I assumed coming into this game this far after launch at least the basic MP event features would be OK (certainly people playing here at GAF seem to say they are) but it just doesn't seem to work for me and it's becoming increasingly frustrating.

I have tried all the usual tricks (bar just ignoring the router entirely and going wired straight to the modem itself - a wiring nightmare frankly) and nothing seems to work. My PS4 is in the network DMZ but I have also tried manually forwarding ports. Is this the correct list of ports required, 80,443,1935,3478-3480?

All other PS4 MP (that I have tried) works just fine, as do share play and remote play, both bandwidth centric functions.

I can't find any user help on your corporate site for Evolution Studios/Driveclub and as I am not a Facebook or Twitter user I don't have any way of interacting with Evo via that route.

Have you got another router you can try? I know you've done the DMZ & port forwarding but there was someone else in this thread having all the same issues and tried everything to get it going without any success (and he was on infinity too, and other games worked fine) - getting on to BT to get a new router solved all his issues.

nib95

Banned
Had some fun on the multiplayer playlist list night with Kizzle - He kicked my ass on most events but we had a great scrap in the Ariel Atom's around lake shoiji - not my neatest driving ever but a good race and a photo finish decides it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cGOToWTxLs

That was an awesome race. You killed it in the third lap, but that wipe out in the beginning of the 4th was brutal. I was scared for you lol.

What is your nat type? Do your modem and router both have the firewall switched on?

Denur

Thanks for the feedback!

As you have noticed, some players have a bit of trouble with DriveClub's difficulty level. They are not familiar with things like optimal driving lines, braking points and how each type of car behaves in its own way (RWD, MR, FF, etc). To help them along, once the Replay option arrives, you could maybe add the option to view the target's time replay from the point of view the user usually drives in. And showing its driving line, including the level of braking and acceleration.

Also, the term "DriveSchool" keeps popping up in my mind, a free mini DLC tour with all kinds of basic driving technique challenges....

Ted

Have you got another router you can try? I know you've done the DMZ & port forwarding but there was someone else in this thread having all the same issues and tried everything to get it going without any success (and he was on infinity too, and other games worked fine) - getting on to BT to get a new router solved all his issues.

I've got an old Linksys router sitting up in my study somewhere and the stock HomeHub is about I expect. I might run a second ethernet cable from the modem so I can try the two alternatives without depriving the rest of the household of internet.

Did the chap who changed his router with success say what the actual issue was or what hub hardware revisions they were on before/after? I only ask because if the three routers all behave the same I'm really going to struggle to say with a straight face to BT "I think your router or modem is faulty because one game (with a history of network issues) out of dozens doesn't function correctly".

Thanks for the help though mate, very much appreciated.

What is your nat type? Do your modem and router both have the firewall switched on?

NAT type 2, connected to router not modem, ~40 down/~10 up. Reasonably strict firewall policies are enabled on the router but the PS4 is in the network DMZ outside of the firewall.

Thanks for the suggestions Pjotr.

Servers are still, quite often, wonky for me, server disconnects, slow loading challenges, challenges that fail to load, slow to connect to MP, yadda yadda yadda

Yea, it seemed worse than it had been yesterday

If this is the case then perhaps Evo could update us on the current state of network connectivity.

I'm really not particularly keen to spend the time and hassle to re-arrange my nice, neat, out of sight cabling if there is a fundamental issue still lurking at their end.

Thank you for the help and advice folks.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Thanks for the feedback!

As you have noticed, some players have a bit of trouble with DriveClub's difficulty level. They are not familiar with things like optimal driving lines, braking points and how each type of car behaves in its own way (RWD, MR, FF, etc). To help them along, once the Replay option arrives, you could maybe add the option to view the target's time replay from the point of view the user usually drives in. And showing its driving line, including the level of braking and acceleration.

Also, the term "DriveSchool" keeps popping up in my mind, a free mini DLC tour with all kinds of basic driving technique challenges....

This would really help noobs like me. I'm loving the game but it made a pretty fearsome first impression.

Took me around fifteen retries, but I did it. My heart was thumping like a jackhammer. Cutting the second corner helped so much. I lost the back end on the last bend and thought I'd messed it up. Luckily I put quite a bit of distance between me and the ghost at the chicane directly before.

15750527354_ce7ecd55ba_o.jpg

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
If there was a lap counter for that Venom 2, sheesh I've pumped some laps in today, still just outside the 1:20 mark. Leaderboards say only about 3000 ppl have done it.

Multiplayer seems to be down for me tonite, first time for me since October.

OMFG...the last race in the Elements tour is UNREAL! Holy fucking shit. I don't even know how I manged to beat it. I couldn't see shit! Omg...my heart is still pumping, five minutes later. XD

405/405 stars. Bring on the next DLC. I'm fucking pumped for it.

Hojaho

Rushy, how are the improvements going ?
It seems the servers are still having a hard time during the week-ends. It's a bit stressfull when you beat a challenge and you're not sure it's going to update server side. XD

Top Bottom