• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT2| You Can't Rush Evolution

Vaga

We need the option to change time of day in 10-minute increments. On most tracks an hour difference is literally like day and night. I've seen mp events with a set time of 12:40 for ex so I don't see why we can't do so.

I had a go at one the challenges last night, the Ariel Atom in Japan. It was my first use of the Atom and I now have a lot of respect for you guys that can do well with it but wow it’s an absolute pig.

All I could think of when driving it was it’s like a shopping trolley, weaving all over the place and unwilling to go in the direction I wanted it to! I’m sure the wheels don’t seem to all point in the same direction……at least that was my conclusion from the amount of time spent facing the wrong way :(

Think I’ll stick to my BAC!

AMG

Neo Member
I'd like to be able to control the day/night cycle on the fly, while taking pictures. That way you can get the best light out of any photo. Rather than guessing the best time to take a car for a photo drive. 😊

krioto

I had a go at one the challenges last night, the Ariel Atom in Japan. It was my first use of the Atom and I now have a lot of respect for you guys that can do well with it but wow it’s an absolute pig.

All I could think of when driving it was it’s like a shopping trolley, weaving all over the place and unwilling to go in the direction I wanted it to! I’m sure the wheels don’t seem to all point in the same direction……at least that was my conclusion from the amount of time spent facing the wrong way :(

Atom tip - take corners in a higher gear than you normally would, and downshift coming out of the turn and use that legendary acceleration

It seemed a little less unstable online today. Instead of one in every ten lobbies, I was getting into one in every three or four lobbies. I could never stay in one for more than a single event mind but something is better than nothing.

It did mean I just chose any old event and ended up going round tracks I didn't know in cars I had never driven, but I tried to stay out of everyones way!

My club is now up to level twelve so I got to try the BAC Mono everyone raves about. Holy crap, that thing is a grip monster. I had a lot of fun trying it out for the first time in the Trans-Atlantic cup, the sort of helmet vignette is a really nice touch and of course as you are central, drivers eye view is glorious. I think this car alone made this my favourite tour event so far.

Made some errors that would have put me out with less luck (or mechanical damage) and kissed the wall a couple of times but hey I'll take my luck wherever I can get it!

Race 1:
http://youtu.be/OF0NgYPXRqo

Race 2:
http://youtu.be/EgoPrYH1LUQ

Some very nice driving there, you treat the AI cars with a lot more respect than most do!

Have they given us any information on how private lobbies are going to work?

- Will we finally be able to have club matches where 6 members of one club and 6 members of another club can face off against each other on any track, any number of laps, any time of day, etc?

- What about a group of club members getting together in the same lobby and tackling club challenges?

- What about having a "free drive" type mode where a group of players can cruise around doing whatever they want OR

- have face offs that randomly change position on a track each lap where after a certain amount of time has past the person who wins the most is victorious?

Anyone else have any suggestions? All these things would greatly enhance the social interactions between players and it would really feel like we are part of a club. At the moment there's not much outside of unlocking the few cars and doing club challenges (which are pretty much identical to solo challenges at the moment...)

Loving the game but would love to see more content to complete with my club or against friends.

Yeah some great suggestions there - Rushy is on here all the time so will see them

Thanks for that, I think i'm a bit too heavy right trigger, I need to spend some time with them on the Time Trials I think and refine my style with them, I just need some more subtlety now.

Yeah it just takes time and practice, some of us have been doing this since launch so don't really need to think to much about what we're doing. Metallica reference name BTW? My DHC is from my original clan called the Disposable Heroes :)

LOL yeah despite being another lightweight car, it's a very different beast to the Mono - When you get used to it's handling you feel like you can beat any other supercar on pretty much any track but it does have it's weaknesses, the Mono will out turn it at high speed and the top speed is limited compared to some of the road cars. I love the way it sets off tho, you can go from the back of the grid to the front with a decent start off the grid :)

Yeah it just takes time and practice, some of us have been doing this since launch so don't really need to think to much about what we're doing. Metallica reference name BTW? My DHC is from my original clan called the Disposable Heroes :)

Yep it is a Metallica reference, it's always a toughy between a Maiden one or a Metallica one!

I wanted to call the club riding the lightning but there isn't enough space in the club name characters they give you :-D

Yep it is a Metallica reference, it's always a toughy between a Maiden one or a Metallica one!

I wanted to call the club riding the lightning but there isn't enough space in the club name characters they give you :-D

Haha cool, yeah my club was called Disposable Hero as I ran out of letters (I then got recruited into someone else's club so mines idle). We have a Psychotron in the thread too bringing the Megadeth, just need a Tailgunner or Seventh Son now :)

Scuderia

So does no-one actually play this online who might be able to offer some help with why I can't connect to MP events?

Any timescale on when these might be be fully tested and complete?

I got into two out of thirteen MP event lobbies I tried to join yesterday (similar story on Saturday) and then had to restart the entire game after some kind of glitch showing club unlocks (which prevented the use of any functionality).

I assumed coming into this game this far after launch at least the basic MP event features would be OK (certainly people playing here at GAF seem to say they are) but it just doesn't seem to work for me and it's becoming increasingly frustrating.

I have tried all the usual tricks (bar just ignoring the router entirely and going wired straight to the modem itself - a wiring nightmare frankly) and nothing seems to work. My PS4 is in the network DMZ but I have also tried manually forwarding ports. Is this the correct list of ports required, 80,443,1935,3478-3480?

All other PS4 MP (that I have tried) works just fine, as do share play and remote play, both bandwidth centric functions.

I can't find any user help on your corporate site for Evolution Studios/Driveclub and as I am not a Facebook or Twitter user I don't have any way of interacting with Evo via that route.

Do you have a help desk I can raise a ticket with?

Same issue here mate, stuck the PS4 in a DMZ and still can't join Driveclub lobbies. In fact, it still says my NAT isn't open.

lordxar

Drive the hypers a while and come back. I always thought the Atom was awful but after spending the time to learn the faster and less controllable cars the Atom isn't bad. Besides, wait until your getting passed by Atoms in the Mono on the Norwegian Lightweight... The Atom is a very sneaky car, looks like a go kart, drives like its on marbles, but if you ignore it, it zoom by like your nothing.

Haha cool, yeah my club was called Disposable Hero as I ran out of letters (I then got recruited into someone else's club so mines idle). We have a Psychotron in the thread too bringing the Megadeth, just need a Tailgunner or Seventh Son now :)

Ha, nice, Megadeth is why my club is called Rattleheads, i'm sure someone can oblige us with a bit of Maiden :)

Apeboy

The M5, and every other car on the planet, has faster wipers.

My dislike for gimmicks like slow wipers, glint off wiper blades, water pools moving around windshields etc knows no bounds.

Mokubba

OMFG...the last race in the Elements tour is UNREAL! Holy fucking shit. I don't even know how I manged to beat it. I couldn't see shit! Omg...my heart is still pumping, five minutes later. XD

405/405 stars. Bring on the next DLC. I'm fucking pumped for it.

Had to do it twice because the trophy didn't pop up the first time.

Thought I'd never had to do it again.

le-seb

Same issue here mate, stuck the PS4 in a DMZ and still can't join Driveclub lobbies. In fact, it still says my NAT isn't open.
Not sure why people absolutely want to publicly expose their consoles to the Internet by putting them in a DMZ.
NAT Type 2 (Moderate) is a perfectly fine and sufficient configuration for playing MP in DriveClub.

Ranger X

Flickr.

And have you bought the season pass, or the Elements DLC? If so, just you wait until you try the Venom Hot Lap 2.

Thanks, looks like I'll go have a Flickr account asap.
And about that Venom Hot Lap 2, yes I bought Elements. Its my next fear. I am shaking in terror already. lol

Ted

Some very nice driving there, you treat the AI cars with a lot more respect than most do!

Thanks DHC-Shannow. I'm comparatively a pretty poor driver to be brutally honest but I do try at least to be clean!

I am probably a little less careful but I do tend to treat the AI as not much different to another player. I'm sure my mother would like to get credit for it by virtue of me generally trying to be a polite guy but alas it's actually more calculated than that!

I try to use them to learn where is and isn't a good or safe spot to pass, be it in terms of finding good spots to drive offensively or in terms of identifying places where the guy in front can drive effectively in a defensive way and make you work for your place.

The AI, certainly up to this point, has been pretty predictable; outside, inside, outside through most bends. They act pretty much like a passive pub lobby driver. I guess it's theoretically race-craft practice, even without the violence so many pub lobby players exhibit!

Thanks again for your reply and help earlier with my network issues.

I feel your pain.

Broadly speaking, you don't need NAT 1 and won't get it unless you connect your console directly to the modem and the outside world where the console has a public IP address. Connected to a router and then the modem/internet, NAT 2 is fine.

If your NAT type generally is all over the place (NAT 3) then there are potentially other issues either in how you have set up your consoles connection to the router or with the router itself.

I think, if I'm honest, the issue remains squarely at the Evolution/Sony end unless you are also having issues with other games/services. It's frustrating I know, especially when it appears to work OK for some folk here. Them's the breaks I guess. Clearly we just weren't on Network Santa's "been good" list this year. :(

Not sure why people absolutely want to publicly expose their consoles to the Internet by putting them in a DMZ.

Given that a user can't execute unsigned code on their PS4 even when they have full and physical access to the device, it's a pretty insubstantial risk.

Ultimately though you are right, uPnP or port forwarding the correct TCP/UDP ports should in most case be more than adequate to play online but several of us are still having issues so using the DMZ at least minimises any possibility of port related issues at the users end.

If someone from Evo would confirm the required ports list I posted, that would probably help a little, at least in terms of diagnosing the issues.

Is this the correct list of ports required, 80,443,1935,3478-3480?

Ebolarama

Banned
Flickr.

And have you bought the season pass, or the Elements DLC? If so, just you wait until you try the Venom Hot Lap 2.

Three straight hours and I cannot beat the Venom Hot Lap 2. It's the last star I need. My best time is 1:21.450. I have completely lost the will to try it again. For now...

Three straight hours and I cannot beat the Venom Hot Lap 2. It's the last star I need. My best time is 1:21.450. I have completely lost the will to try it again. For now...

The first corner, second corner and the chicane at the end is where you should be cutting corners. Doing this helps so much. Also, don't be surprised if you are behind the ghost car all of the way up to that last chicane. Drive straight across it, cutting both apexes. The AI drives slow there.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
The lighting and visuals in this game almost make me want to play in third person. Not to say that the cockpit view isn't impressive or anything.

The lighting and visuals in this game almost make me want to play in third person. Not to say that the cockpit view isn't impressive or anything.

Try hood-cam. You get to see the visuals with a lot more clarity, and at the same time you still get the sense of speed that cock-pit mode offers from being closer to the ground.

Looks like we get Apex AND Sakura today!

https://www.facebook.com/driveclubofficial/posts/764252576992438

The PlayStation®Store add-ons will be available when the Store updates in your country:

► Jan 27 in America.
► Jan 28 in UK & Europe, Australia & New Zealand.
► Jan 29 in Asia.

Add-ons:

► Icona Vulcano (Free)
► Apex Expansion Pack (included in Season Pass* or available for £4.99/€5.99/AU$8.95/US$5.99)
► Sakura Tour Pack (included in Season Pass* or available for £1.69/€1.99/AU$2.95/US$1.99)
► Apex Livery Pack (included in Season Pass* or available for £0.59/€0.75/AU$1.15/US$0.99)
► Sakura Livery Pack (included in Season Pass* or available for £0.59/€0.75/AU$1.15/US$0.99)
*Season Pass is £19.99/€24.99/AU$37.95/US$24.99.

desu

Summary for the update including a short video: https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=768185436599152

See what's new for DRIVECLUB in January & keep sharing your feedback with us for future updates!

Full details:

Game Update 1.10 is available now: just fire up the game and the download will start automatically. More info if you missed it: http://on.fb.me/1sUQIHh

The PlayStation®Store add-ons will be available when the Store updates in your country:

► Jan 27 in America.
► Jan 28 in UK & Europe, Australia & New Zealand.
► Jan 29 in Asia.

Add-ons:

► Icona Vulcano (Free)
► Apex Expansion Pack (included in Season Pass* or available for £4.99/€5.99/AU$8.95/US$5.99)
► Sakura Tour Pack (included in Season Pass* or available for £1.69/€1.99/AU$2.95/US$1.99)
► Apex Livery Pack (included in Season Pass* or available for £0.59/€0.75/AU$1.15/US$0.99)
► Sakura Livery Pack (included in Season Pass* or available for £0.59/€0.75/AU$1.15/US$0.99)

*Season Pass is £19.99/€24.99/AU$37.95/US$24.99.

nib95

Banned
Still just can't get Hyper down. I could race with the BAC Mono forever and not get tired of it.

That's probably why you're struggling with it. BAC Mono is one of the grippiest and most controllable vehicles in the game. Immense traction and very short braking distances. Going from a focus on that, to a Hyper car is going to be tricky. Have you experimented with the McLaren P1 yet? I guess that's the closest thing as far as Hyper cars go.

Top Bottom