• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT2| You Can't Rush Evolution

sneaky77

OMFG...the last race in the Elements tour is UNREAL! Holy fucking shit. I don't even know how I manged to beat it. I couldn't see shit! Omg...my heart is still pumping, five minutes later. XD

405/405 stars. Bring on the next DLC. I'm fucking pumped for it.

yeah that race was definitely something else.. specially the whole must lead for 90 seconds thing lol

le-seb

So does no-one actually play this online who might be able to offer some help with why I can't connect to MP events?
Not sure if it could be your problem, and why it happens, but Driveclub's multiplayer is known to fail when you're broadcasting your game from the PS4, so you may want to check that first.

xrnzaaas

yeah that race was definitely something else.. specially the whole must lead for 90 seconds thing lol

This event is all about learning the track. The AI drives particularly slow so if you know where you're going you don't even have to worry about blocking them, because you'll have a comfortable lead. ;)

sneaky77

This event is all about learning the track. The AI drives particularly slow so if you know where you're going you don't even have to worry about blocking them, because you'll have a comfortable lead. ;)
Yea after a few retries you can sort of guess the last lap corners lol

Ted

Not sure if it could be your problem, and why it happens, but Driveclub's multiplayer is known to fail when you're broadcasting your game from the PS4, so you may want to check that first.

Yes, DHC-Shannow suggested this when I first asked a day or so ago. Unfortunately (probably fortunately for the rest of the world!) I'm don't stream so this isn't as simple as that.

Thanks though le-seb.

EDIT - That said, I see a few people streaming to twitch, right now so even that doesn't seem as simple as streaming = no online (unless they are using third party capture equipment).

Putty

Took me around fifteen retries, but I did it. My heart was thumping like a jackhammer. Cutting the second corner helped so much. I lost the back end on the last bend and thought I'd messed it up. Luckily I put quite a bit of distance between me and the ghost at the chicane directly before.

15750527354_ce7ecd55ba_o.jpg

Add me Lucas on PSN. The more GAF peeps I have the merrier.

So does no-one actually play this online who might be able to offer some help with why I can't connect to MP events?

I still have the issue that every third or fourth race the lobby just freezes, as well as some other sporadic issues. I thought about checking my router and doing a bunch of other suggested things but, the reality is that everything else coming across this network (including network heavy games) works fine so I'm not tinkering with it for a single game.

Honestly, I think the best thing you can do is wait it out while they continue to make server improvements. It's not the answer you're looking for but, it's the only one I have if everything else is working for you.

Yes, DHC-Shannow suggested this when I first asked a day or so ago. Unfortunately (probably fortunately for the rest of the world!) I'm don't stream so this isn't as simple as that.

Thanks though le-seb.

EDIT - That said, I see a few people streaming to twitch, right now so even that doesn't seem as simple as streaming = no online (unless they are using third party capture equipment).

In response to the home hub router revision question I'm pretty sure he was talking about it being a version 3 and changing to version 5 resolved the probs.

I still have the issue that every third or fourth race the lobby just freezes, as well as some other sporadic issues. I thought about checking my router and doing a bunch of other suggested things but, the reality is that everything else coming across this network (including network heavy games) works fine so I'm not tinkering with it for a single game.

Have you tried it online after the latest patch? That seems to have cured the kick every 4 races for me and the guys I usually race with. You do still get the odd one that sticks at the syncing lobby screen before booting everyone tho.

Side note: I am a junior no more, woohoo! :)

xrnzaaas

Yea after a few retries you can sort of guess the last lap corners lol

A lot of people just skip to the Elements tour, because it's the only one with the weather effects. And that's a mistake imo. Following the events in the order of their release is a much better idea*. You can learn the last track of the Elements tour from the Lykan time
trial and a few others.

* - I'd only make an exception for the hyper cars events since you need to be level 40+ to get better vehicles from this class

sneaky77

In response to the home hub router revision question I'm pretty sure he was talking about it being a version 3 and changing to version 5 resolved the probs.

Have you tried it online after the latest patch? That seems to have cured the kick every 4 races for me and the guys I usually race with. You do still get the odd one that sticks at the syncing lobby screen before booting everyone tho.

I was in session with some friends, and for a while it was every other race I would get not connected to the game, but didn't get kicked out of the session so I would get connected to the next race

I was in session with some friends, and for a while it was every other race I would get not connected to the game, but didn't get kicked out of the session so I would get connected to the next race

Now you mention it I did see that last night.

That was an awesome race. You killed it in the third lap, but that wipe out in the beginning of the 4th was brutal. I was scared for you lol.

Lol cheers bud :) Yeah I can't believe I did that, I struggle a bit on really fast corners (IKizzLE would catch me on the fast one after the tunnel every time) so I think I was trying just a bit too hard.

kriskrosbbk

Guys, is it really the only way to play with a friend to enter exactly the same event ,exactly the same time,even though you are in a session.I mean really?
And on top of that the next race you need to do the same.

Guys, is it really the only way to play with a friend to enter exactly the same event ,exactly the same time,even though you are in a session.I mean really?

No, you need to press triangle and join your friends session (or invite him to yours) then whenever he picks a race you'll get an invite to the same event. It's best to pick on with over 30 seconds on it to give the invite time to arrive, or you can just go into the event anyway (it'll have a green tick on it).

le-seb

I'm pretty sure people just have to join some dude's session, and his choices will be used for everybody else.
At least, that's how I remember the game working when I've tried playing some MP with one club mate.

Yeah, just tried it today as a matter of fact. It's nbd, it takes me 2 minutes to get into another one and I only usually do 3 or 4 mp races before being burnt out on the crash derby.

Ted

Honestly, I think the best thing you can do is wait it out while they continue to make server improvements. It's not the answer you're looking for but, it's the only one I have if everything else is working for you.

I think you are probably right, although DHC-Shannow does give me a degree of hope!

Hmm, I have a v3 in the cupboard, and now I'm regretting the whole "no I'm OK Mr. BT man, I'll use my own router" as no doubt he would have had a v5 in the van. Life eh!

I'm going to have to get on the phone with them in the morning, I'll channel Yosser Hughes... gizza hub.

Cheers all.

I'm pretty sure people just have to join some dude's session, and his choices will be used for everybody else.
At least, that's how I remember the game working when I've tried playing some MP with one club mate.

I can confirm that . just be in the same session as your mates...
Heck i was playing a time trial in solo and i sometimes get the invite to join an MP event.

kriskrosbbk

No, you need to press triangle and join your friends session (or invite him to yours) then whenever he picks a race you'll get an invite to the same event. It's best to pick on with over 30 seconds on it to give the invite time to arrive, or you can just go into the event anyway (it'll have a green tick on it).

cheers

Salvatron

So hyped for dat Enzo to drop! Can't wait to get that on the leaderboards.

Regarding affinity - any mention of plans to increase the affinity cap?

Has anyone got any tips for the Super/Hyper Cars like that RUF beast, i've hit level 28 and i'm really struggling to control most of them (with the exception of the Caterham S2?).

Maybe i'm not light enough on acceleration and i'm not a massive fan of cars with a lot of drift but i'm like Bambi on ice on some of those events.

Thanks in advance :)

Has anyone got any tips for the Super/Hyper Cars like that RUF beast, i've hit level 28 and i'm really struggling to control most of them (with the exception of the Caterham S2?).

Maybe i'm not light enough on acceleration and i'm not a massive fan of cars with a lot of drift but i'm like Bambi on ice on some of those events.

Thanks in advance :)

Try to drive smoothly, you can't throw them around like a hot hatch without the backend coming around. Tap the accelerator to get the power back on and be ready to counter steer if it's starts to spin. Also listen to the tyres, you can hear the wheel spin so know when to expect the slide.

le-seb

Accolades, it's called in DC.
Before raising the limits, maybe they should start by offering some for the newer car makes, huh?

Auctopus

Thanks to DHC, you've pelted me with a couple Lotus Exige challenges recently and I've realised how great that car is.

Also, I think Lake Shoji has clicked with me now.

Ted

It seemed a little less unstable online today. Instead of one in every ten lobbies, I was getting into one in every three or four lobbies. I could never stay in one for more than a single event mind but something is better than nothing.

It did mean I just chose any old event and ended up going round tracks I didn't know in cars I had never driven, but I tried to stay out of everyones way!

My club is now up to level twelve so I got to try the BAC Mono everyone raves about. Holy crap, that thing is a grip monster. I had a lot of fun trying it out for the first time in the Trans-Atlantic cup, the sort of helmet vignette is a really nice touch and of course as you are central, drivers eye view is glorious. I think this car alone made this my favourite tour event so far.

Made some errors that would have put me out with less luck (or mechanical damage) and kissed the wall a couple of times but hey I'll take my luck wherever I can get it!

Race 1:
http://youtu.be/OF0NgYPXRqo

Race 2:
http://youtu.be/EgoPrYH1LUQ

mrklaw

MrArseFace
The in-race targets are annoying sometimes.

Was doing the semi pro championship and was on the Middle race. First try, it flashes up that I got the required 1:26 laptime (so it's solid yellow in the HUD). I come 2nd so I finish the race, but the results say I got 1:26.011 so I didn't fulfil that target and no star for you. Ended up retrying that damn race a lot to get that star (fast back straight either spun me out or the AI fucked me).

If that had been the last race in the championship I don't think I,d have been able to replay the round, and would have had to redo the whole thing (I don't like continuing unless I've got all stars - although my mind might change soon as it'll be getting difficult)

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Now that I've played a few hours and started to get a feel for the handling, I'm really loving the game. Sure it's 30 fps, but it's beautiful at the same time. Love the lighting. I'm just working my way through the early events still. What's up with clubs? Should I try to join one? Is there any benefit in remaining solo? I still suck at the game quite a bit. I won't drag other people down by joining a club, will I?

Ranger X

FINALLY GOT THIS BIIIIIITCH...

what an accomplishment feeling! just wow!

DRIVECLUBtrade_20150127010520_zps4f3f0ab5.jpg

DRIVECLUBtrade_20150127012308_zpse5a0ef8e.jpg

225/225 !!

Took me around fifteen retries, but I did it. My heart was thumping like a jackhammer. Cutting the second corner helped so much. I lost the back end on the last bend and thought I'd messed it up. Luckily I put quite a bit of distance between me and the ghost at the chicane directly before.

15750527354_ce7ecd55ba_o.jpg

Where are you hosting your pix witch such a low compression??
Photobucket really ruins my pictures...

What's up with clubs? Should I try to join one? Is there any benefit in remaining solo? I still suck at the game quite a bit. I won't drag other people down by joining a club, will I?

I think the clubs are pretty integral to the experience. Okay, you get some cars unlocked from clubs, but the big deal is the social aspect of club challenges. Friendly rivarly and it's fun.

It's only six members for a club so there is not only one GAF club, but several. There has been quite a few new ones started in the last weeks so I'm pretty sure you'll get in. My newbie club is full though, so can't help you with an invite.

Have they given us any information on how private lobbies are going to work?

- Will we finally be able to have club matches where 6 members of one club and 6 members of another club can face off against each other on any track, any number of laps, any time of day, etc?

- What about a group of club members getting together in the same lobby and tackling club challenges?

- What about having a "free drive" type mode where a group of players can cruise around doing whatever they want OR

- have face offs that randomly change position on a track each lap where after a certain amount of time has past the person who wins the most is victorious?

Anyone else have any suggestions? All these things would greatly enhance the social interactions between players and it would really feel like we are part of a club. At the moment there's not much outside of unlocking the few cars and doing club challenges (which are pretty much identical to solo challenges at the moment...)

Loving the game but would love to see more content to complete with my club or against friends.

Putty

Have they given us any information on how private lobbies are going to work?

- Will we finally be able to have club matches where 6 members of one club and 6 members of another club can face off against each other on any track, any number of laps, any time of day, etc?

- What about a group of club members getting together in the same lobby and tackling club challenges?

- What about having a "free drive" type mode where a group of players can cruise around doing whatever they want OR

- have face offs that randomly change position on a track each lap where after a certain amount of time has past the person who wins the most is victorious?

Anyone else have any suggestions? All these things would greatly enhance the social interactions between players and it would really feel like we are part of a club. At the moment there's not much outside of unlocking the few cars and doing club challenges (which are pretty much identical to solo challenges at the moment...)

Loving the game but would love to see more content to complete with my club or against friends.

Some great ideas in there that would really enhance. You glorious bastard!

bosseye

Does anyone know if its possible to change the club name?

Now I've banged on about the game enough my friends bought it, so I now have a full club and would like to update the name to something that better reflects the members.

Had some fun last night though, 3 of us running multiplayer event browser, co-ordinating which one to register for via party chat and then racing as either blue team or red team. It was brilliant fun. Can't wait for proper private lobbies to make it into the game.

Also, Brmmm!

danowat

Banned
Plea to Evo Studios.

Please, please PLEASE, give us some way to filter the results of the community challenges, I am getting tired off flicking through tons of events trying to find one for the car, track or mode that I am looking for.

Try to drive smoothly, you can't throw them around like a hot hatch without the backend coming around. Tap the accelerator to get the power back on and be ready to counter steer if it's starts to spin. Also listen to the tyres, you can hear the wheel spin so know when to expect the slide.

Thanks for that, I think i'm a bit too heavy right trigger, I need to spend some time with them on the Time Trials I think and refine my style with them, I just need some more subtlety now.

Some great ideas in there that would really enhance. You glorious bastard!

Here's hoping someone at Evolution sees it :)

I'm genuinely interested in how far they are going to take private lobbies. There is a ton of potential here to be a truly monumental game. I hope they don't give us basic functionality and call it a day.

Top Bottom