• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT2| You Can't Rush Evolution

viveks86

Hey, Viveks:

16215836210_8d968276c2_o.jpg

come-at-me-bro.jpg

Not so fast, boys! ;)

1606309_1545130239068777_7450320277273945937_o.jpg

TEH-CJ

Banned
Anyway we can get a hardcore mode that disables the traction control in this game Rushy? it would be amazing.

btw guys I managed to reduce my input lag by a tiny bit by putting the sound mode to Game instead of cinema mode. Sound processing actually adds some input lag.

Champagne

Banned
Has there been any word as to whether we might get actual lightning sounds at some point in the future?

The lighting in this game is jaw-dropping, but the immersion kind of breaks when you realize that it doesn't even make sound in-game.

viveks86

Has there been any word as to whether we might get actual lightning sounds at some point in the future?

The lighting in this game is jaw-dropping, but the immersion kind of breaks when you realize that it doesn't even make sound in-game.

Thunder is there. It's just far too feeble based on your chosen view and your speakers. I'm not too happy with the sound mixing either.

Hey mate. Its the second track on India, Munnar reverse? the time is 2:12:242

I have checked the reviews on the Sony Bravia and the input lag sits at around about 40ms. My old pannasonic GT30 had input lag at around about 20ms. Huge difference! yeah the upscaling is more than likely the issues. Although the tv has some hefty speakers. I wonder if sound processing adds input lag?

Is your online name correct on your info? If so I couldn't see you on the leaderboards and that time is quicker than what I'd expect to see on Munnar (they're closer to 3 mins) - have a check & let me know :)

Yeah from what I read 40ms should be fine for 30 fps game but I guess you will feel the difference - and the 5 seconds dif on lap time makes sense on a p2p as I was losing 1.5 on a 40 second lap.

Putty

Is your online name correct on your info? If so I couldn't see you on the leaderboards and that time is quicker than what I'd expect to see on Munnar (they're closer to 3 mins) - have a check & let me know :)

Yeah from what I read 40ms should be fine for 30 fps game but I guess you will feel the difference - and the 5 seconds dif on lap time makes sense on a p2p as I was losing 1.5 on a 40 second lap.

Yeah same for me. Munar revers is more like 3:14 with my friends list. Wendel is top.

TEH-CJ

Banned
I will let you guys know. I'll take a screenshot and post it. I have the YouTube video. For some strange god Damn reason my time was never updated on the leaderboards and it's incredibly frustrating! But I'll show you guys proof. Believe me I would not make things up :)

Melchiah

I might have to adapt to it. But it always feels like I have to compensate when I play.

I guess some might be more perceptive to input lag, like some are to lower or fluctuating framerates, which is also something I don't really notice unless it goes to extremes.

Traction/stability lights flicker at seemingly accurate times on a lot of the cars but there doesn't seem to be an obvious effect. Braking with a fully depressed trigger clearly locks the wheels and extends braking distance so it doesn't appear to be applying an abs.. although some cars seem to reduce their braking if you throw on a bunch of steering input like a real abs system would (braking and steering isn't as punishing as a real abs-less car would be).

Has everyone turned up the vibration in the options? It's good to tune your brain into the vibration to feel out loss of traction. Not sure why it's not full by default.

Here you go guys. My mistake it is 3 minutes not 2 :)

3:12.242

M0VnJzn.jpg

Yup I am not even on the leaderboards! it hasn't updated my time at all! Rushy?

here is the youtube clip

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejnO--zEd5U

Fantastic driving my man; great to see more cockpit/hudless players tearing it up. I'd love to see players incentivised to play cockpit/manual/mapless. In such a competitive game most will naturally gravitate away from anything that even slightly affects their competitiveness.

desu

Yes it's it there, have to admit I've only heard it a single time and was totally amazed by it as I thought it wouldn't make a sound at all.

Btw Lukas I just spent 2 hours tonight on your stupid Caterham drift in the rain. That road is like a god damn ice rink.

I'm sure you'll top my score again in mere minutes though -_-

Haha, I found it surprisingly easy to control that thing in those conditions. So much fun to drift.

Yeah once you get the feel of it, it's easy to get a nice flow going. Just took me a bit to find where that limit was before it spins out. And to find the right line to carry through that entire first turn.

No rush tho you can just let me sit at the top for a bit and enjoy the view...

Yeah once you get the feel of it, it's easy to get a nice flow going. Just took me a bit to find where that limit was before it spins out. And to find the right line to carry through that entire first turn.

No rush tho you can just let me sit at the top for a bit and enjoy the view...

I think I'm just going to have to accept my loss. I can't match you through that first turn. It's weird because when I drive through that first corner without drifting (to get a better view of how you're doing it), it doesn't seem like you're doing anything special, but when I try it for real, I end up with like...400 points less than you. XD

You start the drift late, go right up against the back wall, and then exit the corner straight. And end up with like 3000 points. Crazy. I just can't replicate it.

Come on mate, we'll take him!

Lol ok, I'll set a challenge up tonight if you haven't already done one :)

Just nipped on and did 4 runs, the quickest being 5 seconds off CJ's pace (but still ranked 5th in the world) so I've sent the challenge out to everyone on my friends list with that time.

Since this morning someone has set a 3:08 which I don't think is coincidence - it's easy to forget that it's not just gaffers or posters who see this stuff, and mentioning a quickest time on here is like waving a red flag to a bull!

I think I'm just going to have to accept my loss. I can't match you through that first turn. It's weird because when I drive through that first corner without drifting (to get a better view of how you're doing it), it doesn't seem like you're doing anything special, but when I try it for real, I end up with like...400 points less than you. XD

You start the drift late, go right up against the back wall, and then exit the corner straight. And end up with like 3000 points. Crazy. I just can't replicate it.

Haha to be honest even I can't remember what I did now. It was late and I was tired. But I'm sure I fucked up a couple of other drifts after that, if you can escape that first turn within 500 points of me you should be able to make it up by the end

Putty

I'm gonna go back through the main tour in between doing these last two new tours. Just looking at the leaderboards I just don't have many times registered. Of course this is due to the fact the servers were phucked at launch. Given how well I know the cars and tracks now I'm looking to be near the top of my my GAF colleagues bragging rights table 8)

Ranger X

What are you talking about? Haven't seen a single person abuse it since. Care to post a video?

I don't have a video right now but I received a challenge just 2 days ago (a drift challenge, obviously). By looking at the ghost of the top dude, he's been drifting in total exagerration, hitting walls and stuff, abusing the curves. I did a clean race with drifting that looks good and realistic and I am about 2/3 his score. This is not just a difference in performance there trust me, the game still let people play a certain way and getting away with way too much points. I think there's still stuff that could be done maybe something like cancelling the drift points if you stop within a drift zone and/or again cancelling the score if you put a tire outside. This would force people to have "clean drifts".

I'm gonna go back through the main tour in between doing these last two new tours. Just looking at the leaderboards I just don't have many times registered. Of course this is due to the fact the servers were phucked at launch. Given how well I know the cars and tracks now I'm looking to be near the top of my my GAF colleagues bragging rights table 8)

Yep I'm in the same position so I think I'll go back through it too and give you some competition;-)

I don't have a video right now but I received a challenge just 2 days ago (a drift challenge, obviously). By looking at the ghost of the top dude, he's been drifting in total exagerration, hitting walls and stuff, abusing the curves. I did a clean race with drifting that looks good and realistic and I am about 2/3 his score. This is not just a difference in performance there trust me, the game still let people play a certain way and getting away with way too much points. I think there's still stuff that could be done maybe something like cancelling the drift points if you stop within a drift zone and/or again cancelling the score if you put a tire outside. This would force people to have "clean drifts".

Yeah they fixed it to an extent but it does still reward the act of drifting to a complete stop into a wall, then climbing back onto the track and continuing.

One solution could be a simple completion time bonus in addition to the speed+drift points that get accumulated, and give harsher penalties for collisions and going off track in drift events. (ie - rather than simply losing fame, you also lose drift points too)

viveks86

Agreed. But that's far from the original state where people used to backtrack. Smashing into walls may be the easier way to get a high score, but you can go even higher with a clean drift, right technique and great exit speed. Look me up if you are interested in drift challenges. PSN: viveksundaram

Now that I'm finally able to go online, what's the best way to play/advance in the game? Should I keep playing Tour/single player before I join a club?

Not sure how it all works but if anyone wants to invite me to join their club my PSN ID is victormartinUSA.

Now that I'm finally able to go online, what's the best way to play/advance in the game? Should I keep playing Tour/single player before I join a club?

Not sure how it all works but if anyone wants to invite me to join their club my PSN ID is victormartinUSA.

Find and join a club first (the one I'm in doesn't have any spots open, sorry :( )

That way the points you're earning as you progress will go towards your club. I'd recommend starting with the tour to get your feet wet, then start doing lots of challenges.

Make sure you add Driveclub-GAF on PSN, then go to its friend list and add a whole ton of Driveclub folks. That way you'll be invited on lots of the challenges that go up, they are both a great source of practice and a good way to earn lots of fame and level up fast.

BraXzy

I've added some peeps from in here, and from the DRIVECLUBGAF account and stuff but I still want moar! Please everyone feel free to add me and send me challenges, you can never get too many challenges!!

PSN: BraXzyy

Ranger X

Agreed. But that's far from the original state where people used to backtrack. Smashing into walls may be the easier way to get a high score, but you can go even higher with a clean drift, right technique and great exit speed. Look me up if you are interested in drift challenges. PSN: viveksundaram

I agree its better than before, at least there's no backtracking.

Is there anywhere where you can see a map of this game's courses? I want to see if Takahagi Hills actually matches up with any of the roads in Takahagi, Japan.

Top Bottom