• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT2| You Can't Rush Evolution

Tommi84

I know I'm probably showing my ignorance, but shouldn't breaking lit the middle lights (which are actually red ;) ) and not the inside ones?
inWiDt8ZIu8tk.jpg

And yes, Drifting wasn't fixed as THIS still can happen:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYr42ALkaJI
Granted, it's not as bad as it was, but:
a) you stopped during drifting? Zero points
b) you went outside track? Zero points
c) you turned 180 degrees ? Zero points
d) you hit a wall? zero, ZERO points!

I've been getting back into DriveClub over the last few days (day 1 bought with season pass) and finally doing some challenges. Is the trophy for this glitched? I've sent quite a few challenges out to my friends list and finished top, with others participating but the trophy itself hasn't popped. Am I missing something really obvious?

I've been getting back into DriveClub over the last few days (day 1 bought with season pass) and finally doing some challenges. Is the trophy for this glitched? I've sent quite a few challenges out to my friends list and finished top, with others participating but the trophy itself hasn't popped. Am I missing something really obvious?

Have you been in the game when the challenge expired? I think i remember reading something about that. I got it that way the other night. Spent an ungodly amount of time trying to beat some random guy's drift challenge, which was about to expire in a couple of hours. After i barely managed to top him, i waited for the challenge to expire (while praying that noone will beat my score in the meantime) and promptly got the trophy when the time was up.

Have you been in the game when the challenge expired? I think i remember reading something about that. I got it that way the other night. Spent an ungodly amount of time trying to beat some random guy's drift challenge, which was about to expire in a couple of hours. After i barely managed to top him, i waited for the challenge to expire (while praying that noone will beat my score in the meantime) and promptly got the trophy when the time was up.

Thanks, I will give that a try. Bit of a ridiculous constraint to put on it though.

So basically he didn't cheat, just pulled off an incredible lap. Good to know honest driving is still by far the best way to go!

It is incredible what these guys can pull off - have you seen how many tire tracks there are?!? How many runs did it take to pull that off!

Putty

So basically he didn't cheat, just pulled off an incredible lap. Good to know honest driving is still by far the best way to go!

Yep, only this aint the 3:08 lap.....This is a 3:04 lap 8). Using a wheel CLEARLY has its benefits with this track/car combo.

nib95

Banned
It is incredible what these guys can pull off - have you seen how many tire tracks there are?!? How many runs did it take to pull that off!
I know it's crazy lol. Side note, I find when I've played a track too long I just start to lose it. There's this window of confidence for me, but then when it's been going on too long and I hear that chirp telling me I'm finally ahead of my best, the nerves usually get the better of me lol. In the lap above, as soon as the middle sector indicator flashed green, I was nervous for him!

abcvita2012

Neo Member
Guys I have a question.

From my understanding there is still 10 dlc packs coming to driveclub?

I have been buying dlc seperately but if that's the case I think buying the season pass now will still save me money.

Putty

I know it's crazy lol. Side note, I find when I've played a track too long I just start to lose it. There's this window of confidence for me, but then when it's been going on too long and I hear that chirp telling me I'm finally ahead of my best, the nerves usually get the better of me lol. In the lap above, as soon as the middle sector indicator flashed green, I was nervous for him!

That first sector, he was 4 tenths down aswell. I'd of restarted ....I do reckon i could do a 3:11 falt wit hthe DS4, though i might at some point get the wheel out again just to see if i can improve., not just on this challenge but on others aswell.

I'd love to have seperate leaderboards for wheel and DS4 users. Rushy, if you're reading this, has such a feaure been mentioned before, and is it something that would be easy to implement? I remember GT having the same sort ofd feature. Only they didn't seperate like i'm suggesting, they just had the control method in with all the timings and what not.

mace999

Neo Member
New Drive club driver here and loving it, I much prefer these kind of games to the open world driving games.

Anyway a few questions, I'm in Asia and have the Asian version of the game but I use US store and I'm a US PS+ member ....... I went to the store and 'purchased' the free packs, I also bought the 2 packs that were $1.99 too ..... but none of them are in my game, I try to access the store in the actual game and it just hangs on the blue screen ?!?!
I went to my library and I see 2 versions of Driveclub, both have the same amount of trophies that I have so I don't know how I can access my free stuff and the dlc that I paid for ?!?

Also I'm in Thailand, and want to start a club with my city's name and it just won't let me .... Bangkok , just won't pass the swear words filter, haha .... I had to shorten it to Bkk ....

Ok please add me on PSN as I love the community in this game, and most of the fun is trying to get faster then the next friend on my list My psn is : mace-ying

Putty

That time he beat.....was using the pad. I need to dimminish and re-evaluate my life 8(

Yeah there's the self imposed pressure and frustration that builds up the longer I play, so when you go green in the first two sectors it gets so tough to complete the last sector quickly as every corner a little voice is saying 'don't fuck up this bend, this is a bit tricky etc'. I get the same thing playing online if I've not won in a while and I'm leading with the guy in second place catching me!

Putty

I just don't have the time needed to really hammer lap after lap on things. If i get to a level i'm happy to stick with it.

I just don't have the time needed to really hammer lap after lap on things. If i get to a level i'm happy to stick with it.

Yeah I'm the same unless I get really hooked - the circuits are more addictive to me as I can just keep pounding around. I tend to beat a challenge (if I can!) then stop rather than continuing to try to put it completely out of reach.

nib95

Banned
That time he beat.....was using the pad. I need to dimminish and re-evaluate my life 8(

My thoughts exactly lol.

Yeah there's the self imposed pressure and frustration that builds up the longer I play, so when you go green in the first two sectors it gets so tough to complete the last sector quickly as every corner a little voice is saying 'don't fuck up this bend, this is a bit tricky etc'. I get the same thing playing online if I've not won in a while and I'm leading with the guy in second place catching me!

And again, this is me in a nutshell.

AMG

Neo Member
Not too far, the serpent king will fall
Then we will march
To relive our conquests
And share it with all

Activating decrypting program.........

-Dodge Viper arriving this month
-In March replay will arrive and you can save the videos to watch over and over again.
-Then PS plus will come online.

Next riddle please viveks86☺️

DJ Gunner

Is there any type of stat-tracking that tracks online wins or podium finishes?

Denur

That's the way to do it, far easier said than done!
Absolutely. I've done a lot of hot-lapping with GT5 in both GTPlanet's weekly race series and the GT Academy, where at one point I just hit a brick wall. You know that there are a few more tenths in it, but it is just too hard to get that golden lap. And all the while the truly talented and determined guys are seconds(!) ahead.

I had the pleasure to meet a German GT Academy finalist at GamesCom a few years ago and was able to see him showing his skills live in a time trail competition. I was surprised at the time to see him make mistakes and hitting walls (indeed, they are merely demigods), but he kept on going and showed his determination and will to drive on the edge.

Auctopus

I'm sure there were too but maybe they've been removed to reduce server load.

Postcyberpunk actually got his unbeatable trophy tonight doing the rally test :) You could get it tomorrow if your fastest on 5 stages....

Feedback was the rally was tough but fun, took him around 27 mins to complete so prolly got the timing about right - got a few more guys from my club and off my friends list in so the leaderboards should be interesting- I'm probably going to have to screenshot them between events to make sure I don't lose any times.

Uh, I didn't get a single notification for the rally? No idea it happened.

Uh, I didn't get a single notification for the rally? No idea it happened.
Lol it's tonight dude! Postcyberpunk did a trial run on it last night as he couldn't make tonight :)

Is there any type of stat-tracking that tracks online wins or podium finishes?

I believe there is but we can't access it yet - if you look on the main screen in the game there's an arrow at the bottom of the screen. Apparently this led to another stats page when the game was released but was disabled after the server issues.

Ok it's happening at 8pm tonight - you'll get 7 challenge invitations to run through in order. It'll probably take me a while to send all 7 out as there's quite a lot of names to pick manually so I'll start sending them out a bit before 8.

Here's my list of invites

GAF

Nibs - AFK

Shaneus - AU - Sent friend request last night.
Bananafactory - US - zeroskater18
Sneaky77 - UK - trapperkreeper
Auctopus - UK
Denur - NL
Seigmeyer - UK - Clarence_Beeks
Lordxar - US - lordxarnexus

Non GAF

Skillet666
BriJohnson
EVERTON-ZIGGY
Anythingbut66

Anyone else want to take part just let me know. I need you on my friends list too so send me a friend request if your not already on.

Ok it's happening at 8pm tonight - you'll get 7 challenge invitations to run through in order. It'll probably take me a while to send all 7 out as there's quite a lot of names to pick manually so I'll start sending them out a bit before 8.

GAF

Nibs - AFK

Bananafactory - US
Sneaky77 - Need friend request / psn name.
Auctopus - UK
Denur - NL
Seigmeyer - UK - Need friend request / psn name.
Lordxar - US

Non GAF

Skillet666
BriJohnson
EVERTON-ZIGGY
Anythingbut66

Anyone else want to take part just let me know. I need you on my friends list too so send me a friend request if your not already on.

Awesome thanks. Just a reminder my PSN is zeroskater18 (if that saves you time searching through try and figure out which one is me)

sneaky77

GAF

Nibs - AFK

Bananafactory - US
Sneaky77 - Need friend request / psn name.
Auctopus - UK
Denur - NL
Seigmeyer - UK - Need friend request / psn name.
Lordxar - US

Non GAF

Skillet666
BriJohnson
EVERTON-ZIGGY
Anythingbut66

my psn is trapperkreeper

Awesome thanks. Just a reminder my PSN is zeroskater18 (if that saves you time searching through try and figure out which one is me)

No probs, I do remember yours :) I've pm'd sneaky and seigmeyer as well as trying to find them on psn but nothing yet so the numbers might be a bit low :-(

Ranger X

I know I'm probably showing my ignorance, but shouldn't breaking lit the middle lights (which are actually red ;) ) and not the inside ones?
inWiDt8ZIu8tk.jpg

And yes, Drifting wasn't fixed as THIS still can happen:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYr42ALkaJI
Granted, it's not as bad as it was, but:
a) you stopped during drifting? Zero points
b) you went outside track? Zero points
c) you turned 180 degrees ? Zero points
d) you hit a wall? zero, ZERO points!

Precisely the ideal fix that should have been the exact design of the game to being with!!

Top Bottom