• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT2| You Can't Rush Evolution

nib95

Banned
Hi guys!

PGR is my favorite racing series and I was really excited when Driveclub was announced but all the problems at launch killed my hype.

I know a lot of patches have come out by now and I'd love to get some feedback about the game. How's the gameplay and online?

Thanks in advance

If you loved PGR, just go ahead and buy it. The two games are quite similar in overall feel and focus. It almost seems like PGR but rural, with ever so slightly more sim like, weightier physics, a greater sense of speed, better audio reproduction, and insane visuals.

Shaneus

If you loved PGR, just go ahead and buy it. The two games are quite similar in overall feel and focus. It almost seems like PGR but rural, with ever so slightly more sim like, weightier physics, a greater sense of speed, better audio reproduction, and insane visuals.
This. It's the closest thing we'll get to a PGR game this generation... with the exception of locations (country rather than city) and different take on events (there's no cone challenges, but there's drifting) it's basically PGR5.

krioto

I'm surprised how different the new McLaren is compared to the 12C - much more skittish, and quite a lot of fun. I've almost driven 2200km in mclarens so far

Shaneus

Just noticed (probably old news) that the cheating ghosts still exist. Slip Road (the BMW wet drift in Elements) top score has a ghost that just repeats the middle drift section over and over :/

nib95

Banned
I'm surprised how different the new McLaren is compared to the 12C - much more skittish, and quite a lot of fun. I've almost driven 2200km in mclarens so far

Yea, I'm enjoying it. Prefer the way it looks over the 12C as well. Baby P1.

viveks86

Just noticed (probably old news) that the cheating ghosts still exist. Slip Road (the BMW wet drift in Elements) top score has a ghost that just repeats the middle drift section over and over :/

Elements was before the fix. The top score must have been recorded before.

Nibs - UK
Shaneus - UK?
Bananafactory - UK time weekends only
Sneaky77 - ?
Auctopus - UK
Denur - NL?, Early evening preferred
Seigmeyer - UK

I'm think of doing the first test run of this on Saturday (tomorrow) - I think 8pm is going to suit me more as I've got a toddler I need to get to sleep before I can do it! Everyone OK for that?

As time is short I'll do a slow time on each of the challenge events tonight - if you've got some suggestions for the events let me know and I'll make sure they're incorporated.

6am - Mini - Cayoosh Point - Light Rain - Corner Flags on
9am - Sports Car - Track - Weather - Corner Flags
12am - Performance Car - Track - Weather - Corner Flags
3pm - Performance Car - Track - Weather - Corner Flags
6pm - Super Car - Track - Weather - Corner Flags
9pm - Super Car - Track - Weather - Corner Flags
12pm - Hyper Car - Track - Weather - Corner Flags

As always, any suggestions or ideas please let me know :)

nib95

Banned
Nibs - UK
Shaneus - UK?
Sneaky77 - ?
Auctopus - UK
Seigmeyer - UK

I'm think of doing the first test run of this on Saturday (tomorrow) - I think 8pm is going to suit me more as I've got a toddler I need to get to sleep before I can do it! Everyone OK for that?

As time is short I'll do a slow time on each of the challenge events tonight - if you've got some suggestions for the events let me know and I'll make sure they're incorporated.

Unfortunately I'm at work tomorrow, but I might be able to make a couple of the races just for kicks. I appreciate though that you won't be able to add whatever races I do take part in to the overall average tally you mentioned doing at the end.

MMaRsu

Just got an interesting message from someone on GAF on PSN saying the following

" Can I give you some honest advice? its going to sound harsh but you need to know the truth. Stop posting your videos on GAF because you are not a good player, you are embarrassing your self.

edit: Ah its the user Redcammao he is number 1 on the leader board on Tappaca reverse track at 3:11

he just sent me another message saying I will never beat his time and I should give up.

really?

Hahah oh wow, look at dat saltiness.

Dude your times are amazing dont listen to that nub.

Unfortunately I'm at work tomorrow, but I might be able to make a couple of the races just for kicks. I appreciate though that you won't be able to add whatever races I do take part in to the overall average tally you mentioned doing at the end.

What hours you working bud? Later evening is better for me (I'm usually on after 10) but I was thinking of what might suit everyone else.

nib95

Banned
What hours you working bud? Later evening is better for me (I'm usually on after 10) but I was thinking of what might suit everyone else.

6pm to 12am. Plus I've got some property viewings at different times during the afternoon, so it's going to be tricky!

MMaRsu

Add the following peeps on PSN, these are some of the active posters in here. You'll receive challenge invites from us which are the most addicting part of the game

Weak_Spot
CJ_SPARTA
NIBZY
viveksundaram
DHC-Shannow
zeroskater18 (me)
Unknown_Hero
Anthonynputson
Lukas_Japonicus
DidntKnowJack
krioto

Then add the Driveclub-GAF account and check its friend list if you're looking for more. Though keep in mind that some of the people on there may no longer be playing

Add me too :(. I play alot

Auctopus

Nibs - UK
Shaneus - UK?
Sneaky77 - ?
Auctopus - UK
Seigmeyer - UK

I think 7 tracks is a little much? If only there were a setting for one-shot time trials (RUSHY?), I think 4 is more than enough for a rally.

Rushy

Slam Trials has become a thing as well. Due to Evo's decision to patch out environment collision slowdown, racers can now 'grind' round the barrier on turns at full speed.
We made changes to the way the collision penalties/drag system worked, and in some circumstances it allows people to exploit it. We will be making further changes in this area in future updates.

Thanks for all your recent cars suggestions. I think a lot of you are going to very happy with the selection over the next few months (sorry I can't even tease or hint what they are). Our Audio Team in particular had a great time capturing the sound of some of them.

Plus keep the feedback coming, we are doing what we can to incorporate your suggestions. I'm hoping to try and put together a list which outlines what we've changed and what we're looking to change in the future.

Auctopus

We made changes to the way the collision penalties/drag system worked, and in some circumstances it allows people to exploit it. We will be making further changes in this area in future updates.

That's great to hear. It doesn't happen often but when it does, it's disheartening.

Also, I know I mentioned it there but can One-shot time trials be a setting on challenges? Or maybe a warm-up lap then one-shot?

nib95

Banned

Thanks for all your recent cars suggestions. I think a lot of you are going to very happy with the selection over the next few months (sorry I can't even tease or hint what they are). Our Audio Team in particular had a great time capturing the sound of some of them.

Plus keep the feedback coming, we are doing what we can to incorporate your suggestions. I'm hoping to try and put together a list which outlines what we've changed and what we're looking to change in the future.
Awesome stuff. Appreciate you taking on feedback and constantly updating us.

Denur

Nibs - UK
Shaneus - UK?
Sneaky77 - ?
Auctopus - UK
Seigmeyer - UK

I should be able to make 8 pm GMT tomorrow. And it gives a great excuse the kick my parents out after diner. (NL is correct).

nib95

Banned
For some reason it's amusing to me that most of us in the list above are from the UK lol. Where are all the Americans, other Europeans and all the rest? :p

Ranger X

All I would suggest is that you don't change collision stuff and penalty stuff too often. Its a never ending story where you will always readjust something because each change will lead to new exploits. You will adjust the leaderboards all the time too.
I hope you guys call it a day about that matter and concentrate on new cars and features. Also, Elements is hard enough as it is, Jesus don't adjust it harder for Christ's sake. lol

lordxar

For some reason it's amusing to me that most of us in the list above are from the UK lol. Where are all the Americans, other Europeans and all the rest? :p

I'm like 6 hours behind (Midwest USA) so 2 am will be brutal but...

Hey Rushy, The Golf Club lets you put courses into a tournament that anyone can run at any time but it groups everything together and provides an overall winner. How about a challenge tournament where we can put up to say 6 challenges together which could be drifting, races, or time trials? Maybe have an attempt or lap limiter. Some sort of scoring system of course.

Further can we have class challenges or even cross class? Like picking from performance class or a list of cars to run on a track.

I'm like 6 hours behind (Midwest USA) so 2 am will be brutal but...

Hey Rushy, The Golf Club lets you put courses into a tournament that anyone can run at any time but it groups everything together and provides an overall winner. How about a challenge tournament where we can put up to say 6 challenges together which could be drifting, races, or time trials? Maybe have an attempt or lap limiter. Some sort of scoring system of course.

Further can we have class challenges or even cross class? Like picking from performance class or a list of cars to run on a track.

Erm wouldn't that be 2pm in the afternoon? ;-)

I really like both those idea, being able to group challenges or events together would be fantastic, and yeah I've suggested the class challenges before so you don't force someone to use the same car.

viveks86

*Pretending to not have read this so I don't embarrass myself racing in the big leagues*

Cool to know that more goodness is coming :)

I'm part of a minority here who think that not every tour should ba at "Element" difficulty and that apex and sakura were damn fine .. so i hope you won't increase it too much.

Sorc3r3r

Great to read these words.
Seeing people going full speed into red flagged turns and coming out just a little slower than me doing it ''right'' is pretty disappointing.
Or even worse when they just ram you to brake before a turn.

As for modes would be cool to have some little championship over the span of two or three event, with points not only based on the final position but also for winning speed, turn and drift challenges or for clean driving.

Be warned, you may feel like you made the wrong decision when you first start playing. I remember thinking that the first few stages were quite dull. The visuals weren't wowing me, and the cars were too slow for my tastes, but trust me, the game gets better and better the more you progress.

And I'd recommend turning the HUD completely off. It makes it so much more immersive.

And yeah, just like bananafactory said, feel free to add me to your friends list. I haven't played much the past few days, but I'll be jumping on tomorrow.

Add the following peeps on PSN, these are some of the active posters in here. You'll receive challenge invites from us which are the most addicting part of the game

Weak_Spot
CJ_SPARTA
NIBZY
viveksundaram
DHC-Shannow
zeroskater18 (me)
Unknown_Hero
Anthonynputson
Lukas_Japonicus
DidntKnowJack
krioto

Then add the Driveclub-GAF account and check its friend list if you're looking for more. Though keep in mind that some of the people on there may no longer be playing

Thanks for that guys. I'll be sure to send those friends requests!

Putty

Sounds good Paul. Also, please consider adding an Ice Cream van.

6pm to 12am. Plus I've got some property viewings at different times during the afternoon, so it's going to be tricky!

Right I've got the slow times done to send the challenges out so if you want to do it tonight instead let me know :) This goes for anyone else who fancies being a guinea pig! I've got ex gaffer Postcyberpunk giving it a run at 8 so it'd be easy to send it out to some more guys at the same time.

IKizzLE

Rushy, can you confirm or deny that at least 3 of the cars I mentioned in my giant 30+ car list will make it?

IKizzLE

Also, a couple more suggestions:

1) Add more events for online multiplayer. The inclusion of Time Trials took away one of the event options so there is usually only two types of events that cycle through the various car classes

2) ETA on private servers and/or custom lobbies? It'd be nice to finally race club vs club.

3) Incorporate a leaderboard for online play. Lap times should be recorded and put in an online leaderboard.

4) If and when you change collisions again, please do not add the velcro walls on straight aways. The tracks are way too narrow for that restriction.

5) At least match the difficulty of the elements DLC pack in future DLC and incorporate new challenges

6) ETA on PS Plus Version? I clearly have the game but I have a lot of friends that I would like to play with who are not hardcore racing guys who would like to try the game out and were put off from paying for it because of initial reviews.

Strech Goal:

7) Motorcycles? I mean....why not?

I think 7 tracks is a little much? If only there were a setting for one-shot time trials (RUSHY?), I think 4 is more than enough for a rally.

Yeah the 7 events thing was to fill the half hour which I thought was the minimum challenge length... However I must've imagined that as the shortest I could set was an hour. Still I ve got round the issue by producing the challenges on my missus psn account and sending it to me an hour before the finish time - I then send that on to all the entrants when it's time to start.

I've not gone overboard on the track difficulty, all tracks have flags and there's only 1 with extreme weather during daylight - I didn't want to put rage quit style events on there! This is a test run so let's see what the feedback is over the next few days.

I have noticed 1 problem already tho - I can't see where I can check back through completed challenges and the update screen only shows the first 8...

Just play MP as if you only have one lap. It is all I need to be 4 seconds clear anyway.

icxyzl1KQ5OmQ.png

DJ Gunner

Great to read these words.
Seeing people going full speed into red flagged turns and coming out just a little slower than me doing it ''right'' is pretty disappointing.
Or even worse when they just ram you to brake before a turn.

As for modes would be cool to have some little championship over the span of two or three event, with points not only based on the final position but also for winning speed, turn and drift challenges or for clean driving.

Completely agree regarding the patch. I tend to do pretty well in MM, but did alot better pre-patch when I took turns correctly and most of the rest of the field did not. It is frustrating to take a proper line and then have someone shoot past you because they bounce off the wall at full speed.

IMO, I felt the slowdown when hitting walls at any location was a brilliant move and made me work that much harder on precision driving, particularly in single player. I realize you can't please everyone, but I'm glad to hear they are revisiting this in some way.

Ugh, so close to the platinum but so far.

That level 50 trophy seems close enough (I'm almost 46) but that accolades one is insane.

I have maxed out one of each Vehicle, Event, and Game Mode accolades. But that fucking gameplay one. I don't even have one at level 5, let alone something close to completion.

The closest I see is complete 400 EVENTS to reach level 5, then who knows how many more to complete that.

Or I can drift 30 miles total for level 5, and then maybe another 80 drifting miles to completion.

Both of those sound exhausting

Auctopus

Ugh, so close to the platinum but so far.

That level 50 trophy seems close enough (I'm almost 46) but that accolades one is insane.

I have maxed out one of each Vehicle, Event, and Game Mode accolades. But that fucking gameplay one. I don't even have one at level 5, let alone something close to completion.

The closest I see is complete 400 EVENTS to reach level 5, then who knows how many more to complete that.

Or I can drift 30 miles total for level 5, and then maybe another 80 drifting miles to completion.

Both of those sound exhausting

At least you don't have one trophy that you've already earned :( pretty sure I'm gonna have to get a boosting partner next week.

lordxar

Oh meant to say, there were 30 minute challenge timers at one point I'm 99% sure but like reading comprehension...some days I'm just off so I might be wrong.

Oh meant to say, there were 30 minute challenge timers at one point I'm 99% sure but like reading comprehension...some days I'm just off so I might be wrong.

I'm sure there were too but maybe they've been removed to reduce server load.

At least you don't have one trophy that you've already earned :( pretty sure I'm gonna have to get a boosting partner next week.

Postcyberpunk actually got his unbeatable trophy tonight doing the rally test :) You could get it tomorrow if your fastest on 5 stages....

Feedback was the rally was tough but fun, took him around 27 mins to complete so prolly got the timing about right - got a few more guys from my club and off my friends list in so the leaderboards should be interesting- I'm probably going to have to screenshot them between events to make sure I don't lose any times.

lordxar

I'm sure there were too but maybe they've been removed to reduce server load.

Postcyberpunk actually got his unbeatable trophy tonight doing the rally test :) You could get it tomorrow if your fastest on 5 stages....

Feedback was the rally was tough but fun, took him around 27 mins to complete so prolly got the timing about right - got a few more guys from my club and off my friends list in so the leaderboards should be interesting- I'm probably going to have to screenshot them between events to make sure I don't lose any times.

Shoot me the challenges tomorrow too if you don't mind. I will get my time right and work on not being dead last :)

Can't wait to read the list. Am interested to see what's on the horizon and what feedback/suggestions you guys are going to implement. Have posted several myself so hopefully you guys take it all onboard.

Thanks for the hard work!

IKizzLE

Why put the LFA in Performance? shouldn't it be super?

Based on stats and handling characteristics, it's peer vehicles are the ruf rgt8, ferrari ff and sl65 amg. So it would definitely be at the top of the class, but it can also be in the super class as well.

My only worry is its short on hp compared to some of the mid range supers and its still kind of heavy and its handling isnt anything to write home about. But I guess it would be a peer vehicle with the Audi R8 V10 Plus...but thats like bottom of the super totem pole.

Top Bottom