• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT2| You Can't Rush Evolution

Auctopus

Ok it's happening at 8pm tonight - you'll get 7 challenge invitations to run through in order. It'll probably take me a while to send all 7 out as there's quite a lot of names to pick manually so I'll start sending them out a bit before 8.

Here's my list of invites

GAF

Nibs - AFK

Shaneus - AU - Sent friend request last night.
Bananafactory - US
Sneaky77 - Need friend request / psn name.
Auctopus - UK
Denur - NL
Seigmeyer - UK - Need friend request / psn name.
Lordxar - US

Non GAF

Skillet666
BriJohnson
EVERTON-ZIGGY
Anythingbut66

Anyone else want to take part just let me know. I need you on my friends list too so send me a friend request if your not already on.

Looking forward to it.

Siegmeyer

Ok it's happening at 8pm tonight - you'll get 7 challenge invitations to run through in order. It'll probably take me a while to send all 7 out as there's quite a lot of names to pick manually so I'll start sending them out a bit before 8.

GAF

Nibs - AFK

Bananafactory - US - zeroskater18
Sneaky77 - UK - trapperkreeper
Auctopus - UK
Denur - NL
Seigmeyer - UK - Need friend request / psn name.
Lordxar - US - lordxarnexus

Non GAF

Skillet666
BriJohnson
EVERTON-ZIGGY
Anythingbut66

Anyone else want to take part just let me know. I need you on my friends list too so send me a friend request if your not already on.

Sorry, should have got on this sooner, PSN name is Clarence_Beeks

Edit - We're just doing one attempt on each challenge right?

Sorry, should have got on this sooner, PSN name is Clarence_Beeks

Edit - We're just doing one attempt on each challenge right?

Just sent you a friend request :)

Yep you'll get 7 challenges as quick as I can do them just before 8pm. Complete them in order as quick as you can (just 1 run each) and I'll post the results up on here later. I was planning on getting a spreadsheet prepared but been mad busy and not got around to it so there'll be a bit of a delay before they're posted.

I'll be in a group chat with the usual guys I race with from 7.45 or so, all rally players feel free to join us :)

Sorry for the spam, just thought of some more things to mention.

The challenge invites will come from me but will be created by Ninja_Jodye - this is the missus account which I used to create the challenges so I wouldn't already have a time on there.

The existing Ninja_Jodye times on the challenge are around 20-30 seconds slower than the record time for each challenge (so you want to be well ahead of them if pos!)

You will need the DLC cars - as I used her account many of the cars weren't unlocked so I had to use DLC. If you haven't got them then I'm sorry, I should've mentioned it earlier.

If you remember, please take a screenshot of your time at the end of each stage - hopefully I won't need them but I don't want someone to miss out cos we lost the time.

Hope you all have fun (and that it all works ok!!)

Siegmeyer

Sorry for the spam, just thought of some more things to mention.

The challenge invites will come from me but will be created by Ninja_Jodye - this is the missus account which I used to create the challenges so I wouldn't already have a time on there.

The existing Ninja_Jodye times on the challenge are around 20-30 seconds slower than the record time for each challenge (so you want to be well ahead of them if pos!)

You will need the DLC cars - as I used her account many of the cars weren't unlocked so I had to use DLC. If you haven't got them then I'm sorry, I should've mentioned it earlier.

If you remember, please take a screenshot of your time at the end of each stage - hopefully I won't need them but I don't want someone to miss out cos we lost the time.

Hope you all have fun (and that it all works ok!!)

Nice. I'm hoping (for my overall time's sake) there's no Mezzanti Evantra in the list. I'm fucking shit in that car :)

lordxar

Would be cool if we could create a group or groups to send challenges to in the game. My FL is decent and its a pain to scroll through it, especially those who don't play...or the ability to copy who you sent past challenges to.

Denur

GAF

Nibs - AFK

Bananafactory - US - zeroskater18
Sneaky77 - UK - trapperkreeper
Auctopus - UK
Denur - NL
Seigmeyer - UK - Clarence_Beeks
Lordxar - US - lordxarnexus

Non GAF

Skillet666
BriJohnson
EVERTON-ZIGGY
Anythingbut66

So, each challenge can only be driven once and all have to be finished before 8.30?

btkadams

Trying to get back into this game after the messy launch period turned me away. I'm still having connection errors occasionally but the game is fun.

What should I be doing when my car spins out, and what causes it exactly? It seems to happen so severely but at random times. I'm sure I'm missing something.. When it happens, I get super messed up as trying to get the car going again seems to start another spin.

Also, the tour mode seems to have gotten very difficult for me about 75% through the mode. Would grinding a bit to raise my level and unlock better cars help with those events?

Trying to get back into this game after the messy launch period turned me away. I'm still having connection errors occasionally but the game is fun.

What should I be doing when my car spins out, and what causes it exactly? It seems to happen so severely but at random times. I'm sure I'm missing something.. When it happens, I get super messed up as trying to get the car going again seems to start another spin.

Also, the tour mode seems to have gotten very difficult for me about 75% through the mode. Would grinding a bit to raise my level and unlock better cars help with those events?

You can beat most events with pretty much any car, though some cars will be easier to complete it with. Look at the track layout and see what will benefit you. A track with lots of straights will be easier to do better on with a car that has a high top speed. One with lots of sharp turns will be better suited to a car with high handling and acceleration.

Grinding won't help but the practice might.

As for spinouts, a few things can cause them, it depends on what situation you are spinning out in. A common one especially with the super and hyper cars is giving too much gas while exiting a turn. The sheer power of some of those vehicles means that accelerating too much while still in a turn will have the same effect as braking in a turn, you'll go past your grip threshold and lose control. Try easing up on the gas or even tapping it as soon as you feel your car start to slip out. Don't be afraid to use the brake, you'll get best results if you wait until you've straightened out before going back to full throttle. Also, watch that your wheels don't catch the dirt on a turn because that's an easy way to kick out your rear end.

btkadams

You can beat most events with pretty much any car, though some cars will be easier to complete it with. Look at the track layout and see what will benefit you. A track with lots of straights will be easier to do better on with a car that has a high top speed. One with lots of sharp turns will be better suited to a car with high handling and acceleration.

Grinding won't help but the practice might.

As for spinouts, a few things can cause them, it depends on what situation you are spinning out in. A common one especially with the super and hyper cars is giving too much gas while exiting a turn. The sheer power of some of those vehicles means that accelerating too much while still in a turn will have the same effect as braking in a turn, you'll go past your grip threshold and lose control. Try easing up on the gas or even tapping it as soon as you feel your car start to slip out. Don't be afraid to use the brake, you'll get best results if you wait until you've straightened out before going back to full throttle. Also, watch that your wheels don't catch the dirt on a turn because that's an easy way to kick out your rear end.
Thanks very much for the tips! I'm so used to arcadey racing games where it's basically full gas all the time. It's hard for my brain to think it's ok to not hold it down the whole time lol.

Auctopus

Big up to DHC for organising that. Great variety of tracks.

Timing and number of tracks was great, enough to do every track once and Improve 1 at the end.

Man I thought I did pretty good but you guys are fucking fast. Lol.

That was great, thanks to Shannow for throwing that together.

What were the total times?

viveks86

I should participate in this thing the next time it happens. Pretty sure I'll get my ass kicked, but it sounds fun. We should have a party chat going while we are at it

Maybe the Plus version and app soon?

Come on now. We all know TLG will be out before that happens for anyone to care about other games ;)

Siegmeyer

Yeah thanks DHC for putting that together, good stuff.

Man I hate hairpins, unless I'm drifting round them, they're real time killers as I rarely get a good line through them. The two Nakasendo events gave me some real trouble.

Yeah thanks DHC for putting that together, good stuff.

Man I hate hairpins, unless I'm drifting round them, they're real time killers as I rarely get a good line through them. The two Nakasendo events gave me some real trouble.

Haha yeah, they're actually great for making up time of you take the right line, you can gain so much exit speed on your competitors. But if you aren't that familiar with either the track or car you're driving they are really tough to pull off well.

Skii

Not too far, the serpent king will fall
Then we will march
To relive our conquests
And share it with all

I assume the serpent king has to do with a new car in the DLC? Possibly the Dodge Viper!

This update will come out in March?

They're adding replayability to the tour mode in some way? Possibly adding a "4th star" to events?

I can't really crack the last line, probably looking into the riddle far too much :p

I haven't totalled the times, but here's the results:

Cayoosh Point - MINI John Cooper Works GP

ibbtR7PEVelkG3.jpg

Nakasendo - Renault DeZir Driveclub Edition

Nilgiri Hills - Caterham R500 Superlight

Taapaca - Chevrolet Corvette Stingray

Nakasendo (Reverse) - Enzo Ferrari

The Kyle - McLaren 650S Coupe

Hurrangane - RUF RT12 R

viveks86

I assume the serpent king has to do with a new car in the DLC? Possibly the Dodge Viper!

This update will come out in March?

They're adding replayability to the tour mode in some way? Possibly adding a "4th star" to events?

I can't really crack the last line, probably looking into the riddle far too much :p

Looking too much into some and not enough in others :)

One thing I can say is everyone guessing the viper are missing a crucial part of that clue.

I haven't totalled the times, but here's the results:

Cayoosh Point - MINI John Cooper Works GP

Nakasendo - Renault DeZir Driveclub Edition

Nilgiri Hills - Caterham R500 Superlight

Taapaca - Chevrolet Corvette Stingray

Nakasendo (Reverse) - Enzo Ferrari

The Kyle - McLaren 650S Coupe

Hurrangane - RUF RT12 R

Lol you cut the top off Taapaca which is the one I won!

I hadn't seen the expired challenges page before so that's made things easier but the event did over run and not everyone finished the last event. At the moment the missus is crunching through the figures so I need to get the spreadsheet sorted for the next one.

Auctopus won 3 stages, DJW_GT won 2 and Everton Ziggy and I won 1.

Of the 6 guys who completed all 7 events (or have photo evidence of their time) the results are....

1st Auctopus
2nd Shannow
3rd Everton-Ziggy
4th Bananafactory
5th Seigmeyer
6th LordXarsNexus

It's all got a bit messy at the end with DJW jumping an event to post a score on the final stage and Skillet didnt get a photo of his time where I did. Still working on it so I'll post again with some more details and results after 6 events so there's more guys on there.

Auctopus

Lol you cut the top off Taapaca which is the one I won!

I hadn't seen the expired challenges page before so that's made things easier but the event did over run and not everyone finished the last event. At the moment the missus is crunching through the figures so I need to get the spreadsheet sorted for the next one.

Auctopus won 3 stages, DJW_GT won 2 and Everton Ziggy and I won 1.

Of the 6 guys who completed all 7 events (or have photo evidence of their time) the results are....

1st Auctopus
2nd Shannow
3rd Everton-Ziggy
4th Bananafactory
5th Seigmeyer
6th LordXarsNexus

It's all got a bit messy at the end with DJW jumping an event to post a score on the final stage and Skillet didnt get a photo of his time where I did. Still working on it so I'll post again with some more details and results after 6 events so there's more guys on there.

mark-webber.jpg

I'm sure if DJW had more time, he would've crushed me. He's always beating me in challenges. Great job, everyone.

Ok after 6 events the standings are....

1st Auctopus 1156.277
2nd Skillet 1170.001
3rd Shannow 1175.271
4th Everton-Ziggy 1180.996
5th Bananafactory 1203.833
6th Denur 1205.528
7th Seigmeyer 1215.528
8th LordXarsNexus 1260.059

Those numbers are seconds btw :)

Well done Auctopus, you were bloody quick and consistent and thank you to everyone who took part and enjoyed it :)

1st Auctopus 1156.277
2nd Skillet 1170.001
3rd Shannow 1175.271
6th Denur 1205.528
7th Seigmeyer 1215.528

Well done Auctopus, you were bloody quick and consistent and thank you to everyone who took part and enjoyed it :)
Wasn't there 7 events?

Nevermind I just read your earlier post. Unfortunately I forgot to take a screenshot of my RUF time, it was 3:20.105, I think I'd have come in 2nd, though I wasn't an official entry :p

Wasn't there 7 events?

Nevermind I just read your earlier post. Unfortunately I forgot to take a screenshot of my RUF time, it was 3:20.105, I think I'd have come in 2nd, though I wasn't an official entry

Yep but only 6 peeps completed 7 events, and there was the same winner for both (he increased his lead in the last event).

Didn't need to be an official entry bud, I nearly sent you the invites anyway when I saw you were online but thought you weren't interested.

1st Auctopus 1156.277
2nd Skillet 1170.001
3rd Shannow 1175.271
6th Denur 1205.528
7th Seigmeyer 1215.528

Wooo! Thanks again for doing this. Very close races, crazy that over 6 events we have some people only a few seconds apart

Top Bottom