• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT2| You Can't Rush Evolution

Skii

Looking too much into some and not enough in others :)

One thing I can say is everyone guessing the viper are missing a crucial part of that clue.

The Serpent king will fall...hmm. By fall, I assume you mean be "destroyed", correct?

Probably completely wrong but could you mean that a car is coming soon that will be better than the Venom GT?

lordxar

Ok after 6 events the standings are....

1st Auctopus 1156.277
2nd Skillet 1170.001
3rd Shannow 1175.271
4th Everton-Ziggy 1180.996
5th Bananafactory 1203.833
6th Denur 1205.528
7th Seigmeyer 1215.528
8th LordXarsNexus 1260.059

Those numbers are seconds btw :)

Well done Auctopus, you were bloody quick and consistent and thank you to everyone who took part and enjoyed it :)

Oohf...think I can safely say I just participated...wet is definitely my weakness and what I did the worst on. Wow those are some fast times for a one shot.

mr_chun

I adore this game. I've always leaned arcade style in my tendencies towards racing game genres, so this really scratches an itch for me. I hope the app comes out, I'd love to use it like I do the Destiny app.

If any noobies are in need of a club, I've gotten mine to level six by myself haha. I'd love the help. Do we have anything set up on GAF for helping people find Clubs?

I adore this game. I've always leaned arcade style in my tendencies towards racing game genres, so this really scratches an itch for me. I hope the app comes out, I'd love to use it like I do the Destiny app.

If any noobies are in need of a club, I've gotten mine to level six by myself haha. I'd love the help. Do we have anything set up on GAF for helping people find Clubs?

This is probably the best thread for it, we get new owners popping in here every so often looking for clubs. Just keep an eye out for anyone asking to join one and send them an invite

You can't go wrong with the F1, we did some tests against the P1 and they were virtually identical on lap times but you have a lot less to think about (no KERS or DRS hassle). Once you get used to it the Zonda is a bit quicker but twitchier and the Venom is the quickest on the more open tracks but the F1 is great for most events.

A little feedback after having spent some more time with hyper cars. I'm not sure whether i got better or whether i just needed the right car for my sensibilities, but i just breezed through the legend tour event with the Pagani Zonda and got all but one star the first time around. Holy shit that car is awesome. Seems like i got off on the wrong foot with the cars i tried during my initial attempt at the legend trophy. Those twisty roads with plenty of elevation changes around Loch Duich really did a number on me using the Venom and i would lose control at every other bend of the road.

I already mentioned that i had less problems with the McLaren F1, i also found the Enzo fairly easy to handle (could be faster though), but the Zonda easily topped them for me. The thing goes off like a rocket, while sticking to the road really well, imo. The only thing i don't like much about it is that it feels like a tank when i try to steer it around tight corners at slower speeds, which is giving me a hard time trying to get the final star on the Chungara Lake hot lap event, but i might just have to work on how i take the slower corners on that track.

In the end the main legend tour event, which seemed so daunting to me at first, wasn't that difficult after all. I still need to get a dozen or so stars on the original tour though, including the Venom hot lap, so i'm staying humble. :)

Just started getting back to this game after returning my digital copy a few weeks after launch. Now I'm playing a physical copy.

I need to get into a club. Any free spots, Gaf?

Shaneus

mark-webber.jpg

I'm sure if DJW had more time, he would've crushed me. He's always beating me in challenges. Great job, everyone.
Webber has infiltrated this thread (and not at the hands of myself). I am pleased.

Duallusion

If anyone wants to join a club (and doesn't mind a silly logo - sorry AgainstFive, whoever you are here!:) club "kata kata" has one open spot. You don't even need to send a request.

viveks86

495/495. Woot woot!

There were some events that were real easy and some that were moderately challenging. Overall I was okay with this difficulty though I'm longing for another brutally difficult event. They should have at least one of those in every tour pack, while the rest could be similar to apex. For the top racers, the leaderboards are where it's at anyway...

Just created this spreadsheet on my phone while minding a hyperactive 1 year old so this isn't going to look impressive!

These are people's positions after each number of stages.

image.jpg

As you can see, some of us benefited greatly from the late joiners running out of time - I've got some ideas for the next one I'll post later when I've more time :)

sneaky77

Is there any option to lock the event to three trials or two laps max and then leave it open for more time for time zones and stuff

AMG

Neo Member
Drifting is great. They remind me of a game like Trials where you keep restarting until you nail it. Thankfully restarts are almost instant.

I concur. I'm also very impressed with how quickly I can restart. The loading times for this game are quite impressive!

I concur. I'm also very impressed with how quickly I can restart. The loading times for this game are quite impressive!

I've been playing loads of destiny and that has ridiculous loading times. Went back to driveclub the other night and I was in a race quicker than I would see the menu in destiny. It is amazing how they got it to load so quick. It definitely adds to the replayability of the challenges. Going back to squeeze out that extra bit for another star. If the load times were longer I Probably wouldn't bother

I'm pretty disappointed with how easy the Sakura DLC is. :/

16447585996_939610a05e_o.jpg

Ten motherfucking seconds ahead of second place...the race was boring because it was so easy. Not a great way to get introduced to some of these Japan tracks.

Ranger X

495/495. Woot woot!

There were some events that were real easy and some that were moderately challenging. Overall I was okay with this difficulty though I'm longing for another brutally difficult event. They should have at least one of those in every tour pack, while the rest could be similar to apex. For the top racers, the leaderboards are where it's at anyway...

I don't think it should be that way. For most people the game is hard enough as it is. Hard but still fun, a very thin line. There is a small percentage of people (that you are part of) that would long for extreme difficulty but seriously guys, a game cannot be designed for that 2%.
What's more, you guys can always improve anyways, beat times, etc. All of this in a league of your own. In a racing game I think its enough and worth it MUCH MORE than having a couple more stars...

Putty

I don't think it should be that way. For most people the game is hard enough as it is. Hard but still fun, a very thin line. There is a small percentage of people (that you are part of) that would long for extreme difficulty but seriously guys, a game cannot be designed for that 2%.
What's more, you guys can always improve anyways, beat times, etc. All of this in a league of your own. In a racing game I think its enough and worth it MUCH MORE than having a couple more stars...

Stars are the future man! Come join us in the 2% club! We have tea and biscuits aswell.

Was playing some MP with a buddy of mine. We are also in the same club.

However, we couldn't figure out how we can create a custom race. I don't really want to do the ones in the Event list and rather play with the conditions we want.
Also, no way to play together w/o random people? with or w/o AI?

Was playing some MP with a buddy of mine. We are also in the same club.

However, we couldn't figure out how we can create a custom race. I don't really want to do the ones in the Event list and rather play with the conditions we want.
Also, no way to play together w/o random people? with or w/o AI?

Nope, this is the private servers thing we're waiting for. No ETA at the mo so probably more than a couple of months away.

lawl

They should give you guys a trophy or something. Something the lines "Get 80% of your times in top 500 of the world". lol

You'd be surprised how easy it is to get a top 15 time with a specific car, especially with a DLC car on a P2P track - on the rally setup I was dawdling and trying to finish 20-30 seconds behind the record time and still finished in the top 20 times on 3 occasions, and top ten in 1 case!

I just noticed something, a bug if you ask me, if you reset to track - manual or 3, 2, 1 style - your car gets a wash. All the dirt is gone.

That's weird, can't say I've ever noticed that but it could be cos of bumper cam not that I never crash/reset....

Is there any option to lock the event to three trials or two laps max and then leave it open for more time for time zones and stuff

Nope this is something else I've mentioned I'd like to see (a limit to the number of attempts / restarts in a challenge) but the only option is by time at the mo. It'd be great if Evo did this and a way of linking challenges so the rally event could be sent out without all the time related issues.

viveks86

Wut? We are saying the same thing. I was asking for 1 event to keep the 2% happy and the rest to be as easy as their last dlc. Heck don't even have a star requirement for it and just tie an optional trophy or something. What's wrong with that?

This game is so fun, it's amazing.

The sense of speed is just so awesome and the amazing detail makes playing in cockpit view an enjoyment instead of an annoyance.

It's the perfect mix between that arcadey fun and the sim-feel of the different vehicles.

I'm loving it already.

The Club thing seems to be a big deal though since there is cars locked under Club Level.

Any GAF Clubs that has 1 room free for an EU player possibly ?

Ranger X

Wut? We are saying the same thing. I was asking for 1 event to keep the 2% happy and the rest to be as easy as their last dlc. Heck don't even have a star requirement for it and just tie an optional trophy or something. What's wrong with that?

I'd agree with this. No stars :p
Cause I'd like to have all them stars for people in the 98%.

Actually, so far I've got a difficulty spike in all packages so far. (didn't play redline and japan yet)

AMG

Neo Member
I've been playing loads of destiny and that has ridiculous loading times. Went back to driveclub the other night and I was in a race quicker than I would see the menu in destiny. It is amazing how they got it to load so quick. It definitely adds to the replayability of the challenges. Going back to squeeze out that extra bit for another star. If the load times were longer I Probably wouldn't bother
Exactly, if it took too long to load I would not bother too and it would make the game frustrating rather than fun. Now getting back on to add that one more star too. Lol!

495/495. Woot woot!

The last DLC was really too easy. I think all of the previous ones were spot on.

viveks86

The last DLC was really too easy. I think all of the previous ones were spot on.

There were a few events that I nailed in the first attempt with all stars without even knowing the track. Given that I rarely break the top 1000 in race events, I'd say some of them were far too easy. However, I did not find the hatchback time trial all that easy. Took me quite a few attempts to beat it. The difficulty was all over the place for sure. Personally, I do agree that the previous DLCs were spot on. But for the top racers, it's not about the stars or the AI anyway. It's about the leaderboards. So I'm a little torn on what would be ideal, if one were to hope for mainstream adoption.

Shaneus

So I've completed all the trophies up to the Venom HL2. I gave it a quick go, and... fuck. Gonna be a right bitch with a controller.

Ranger X

You'd be surprised how easy it is to get a top 15 time with a specific car, especially with a DLC car on a P2P track - on the rally setup I was dawdling and trying to finish 20-30 seconds behind the record time and still finished in the top 20 times on 3 occasions, and top ten in 1 case!

Not sure what you mean there. For all the stars I completed that are lap times or global times, I got no time in top 500 (world) and yet am beating all the peeps from my friendlists.

Any new news on future patches/features being implemented outside of their DLC plans? Has been quiet the last few weeks on that front. Am so eager to hear what they are planning for next :D

Private lobbies and replays aside I mean. We know they are coming but still no dates :(

viveks86

Any new news on future patches/features being implemented outside of their DLC plans? Has been quiet the last few weeks on that front. Am so eager to hear what they are planning for next :D

Next game update (patch) is expected in a little over a week. Store update (cars/content) the week after.

Top Bottom