• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT2| You Can't Rush Evolution

Putty

So this may be old news, but I finally saw my first heat wave thing! :D It was in the flyover before a race in India. It looked pretty cool. :)

First? I used to think it was barely noticeable, but the more you play, the more apparent ..and down right glorious it actually is. Chile and India it looks nuts, especially when on the grid during the countdown...

Not sure what you mean there. For all the stars I completed that are lap times or global times, I got no time in top 500 (world) and yet am beating all the peeps from my friendlists.

Yeah we're talking different things here - time trial leaderboards can be very easy to rank highly on - these are from the rally the other night so are from a single run.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Most of the entrants posted top 20 times for that combination of car / track / weather.

I've got quite a few top 100 scores on tour events but I'm awful on drifts, I get the three stars after multiple attempts then move swiftly on!

image.jpg

:)

Nyx

Next game update (patch) is expected in a little over a week.

Please have replay mode, please have replay mode, please have replay mode, please have replay mode, please have replay mode, please have replay mode, please have replay mode, please have replay mode, please have replay mode, please have replay mode, please have replay mode, please have replay mode, please have replay mode, please have replay mode.

BouncyFrag

Please have replay mode...
I concur. I'm putting the game on hold till we get this. My DC skills aren't anything to write home about, but every now and then I pull off a crazy drift, or a sweet overtake maneuver that I'd love to see again from a different angle.

T_Exige

"the serpent king will fall"

Is it the legendary: Shelby Daytona Coupe?

I would be happy with either one of those Shelby's, or even if it was just a standard Viper :)

I still need to get that last trophy, grr challenge one.

This isn't my usual type of post but I've said that I'll raise the issue so here goes (excuse me if I ramble on a bit).

I lurked GAF for over a year and a half before finally getting accepted into our exclusive club. During that time I grew to really respect several of the posters on here, guys like Viveks, Nibs, Mango etc because I agreed with a lot of what they were saying and the way they said it. It seemed strange to suddenly be allowed into this world and finally have a voice of my own. But there's lots of guys out there who don't have a voice because they haven't managed to get in - since my 15 mins of (slight) fame in the first Wvo challenge I've had lots of friend requests and challenges from guys who aren't on GAF but read our words all the time. These guys are often just as good or better drivers and have equally valid points to make but have no voice on here. They also can't defend themselves which is the reason for this post - a few days ago Teh_CJ posted this :-

Just got an interesting message from someone on GAF on PSN saying the following

" Can I give you some honest advice? its going to sound harsh but you need to know the truth. Stop posting your videos on GAF because you are not a good player, you are embarrassing your self.

edit: Ah its the user Redcammao he is number 1 on the leader board on Tappaca reverse track at 3:11

he just sent me another message saying I will never beat his time and I should give up.

really?

Naturally a lot of GAFers posted in support of TeH_CJ and to condemn Redcommao however things aren't as they initially seemed. Redcommao has contacted several higher profile guys in here with his side of the story and Auctopus's post pointed this out and asked for CJ to reply. I also asked for CJ's comment later but he appears to have done one.

This is Redcommao's photo of the actual conversation.

image.jpg

I don't know if there was anything more said between the two of them and normally I steer clear of spats like this - however CJ had a voice and chose not to use it even if it was to say 'whoops, I fucked up'. I've been the victim of something similar in the past and it's not nice being unable to defend yourself. A lot of the guys lurking this remote corner of GAF aren't doing so by choice, and could well be on our side of the fence soon. Lets always be aware that it was us not so long ago on the outside looking in and try to be honest and fair.

Edit: This is the post that kicked it all off.

Damn its hard driving fast with 40ms input lag. In saying that though, I have pushed the Mclaren 650s to its limits around one of the chilli tracks and I am 8 seconds behind first in the world. I call bullshit on some of these times. Is it possible the leader boards can be glitched or what?

Video coming soon.

Putty

Yeah we're talking different things here - time trial leaderboards can be very easy to rank highly on - these are from the rally the other night so are from a single run.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Most of the entrants posted top 20 times for that combination of car / track / weather.

I've got quite a few top 100 scores on tour events but I'm awful on drifts, I get the three stars after multiple attempts then move swiftly on!

image.jpg

:)

What event is that last image and why the f**k am i not on that leaderboard?! Pfft....

lordxar

This isn't my usual type of post but I've said that I'll raise the issue so here goes (excuse me if I ramble on a bit).

I lurked GAF for over a year and a half before finally getting accepted into our exclusive club. During that time I grew to really respect several of the posters on here, guys like Viveks, Nibs, Mango etc because I agreed with a lot of what they were saying and the way they said it. It seemed strange to suddenly be allowed into this world and finally have a voice of my own. But there's lots of guys out there who don't have a voice because they haven't managed to get in - since my 15 mins of (slight) fame in the first Wvo challenge I've had lots of friend requests and challenges from guys who aren't on GAF but read our words all the time. These guys are often just as good or better drivers and have equally valid points to make but have no voice on here. They also can't defend themselves which is the reason for this post - a few days ago Teh_CJ posted this :-

Naturally a lot of GAFers posted in support of TeH_CJ and to condemn Redcommao however things aren't as they initially seemed. Redcommao has contacted several higher profile guys in here with his side of the story and Auctopus's post pointed this out and asked for CJ to reply. I also asked for CJ's comment later but he appears to have done one.

This is Redcommao's photo of the actual conversation.

image.jpg

I don't know if there was anything more said between the two of them and normally I steer clear of spats like this - however CJ had a voice and chose not to use it even if it was to say 'whoops, I fucked up'. I've been the victim of something similar in the past and it's not nice being unable to defend yourself. A lot of the guys lurking this remote corner of GAF aren't doing so by choice, and could well be on our side of the fence soon. Lets always be aware that it was us not so long ago on the outside looking in and try to be honest and fair.

Really it just sounds like a private conversation that should have stayed private. The presentation we got was "hey stop posting videos" which was pretty far from what was said or the context of it anyway.

As an aside...never thought about lurkers sending messages or friend requests. When I was on the outside I felt outside. Not complaining just hadn't really thought much of it.

Can you explain how you were or can be on the outside? Gaf is free to join after all.

Maybe you were lucky but it took me a year and a half to be accepted - a lot of the messages I get are from guys who are trying to get in but can't.

Really it just sounds like a private conversation that should have stayed private. The presentation we got was "hey stop posting videos" which was pretty far from what was said or the context of it anyway.

As an aside...never thought about lurkers sending messages or friend requests. When I was on the outside I felt outside. Not complaining just hadn't really thought much of it.

Yep i agree - like I said it's not something I like to be involved in but felt I needed to put the other side across. As for being on the outside, there were a few occasions where I really wanted to join a conversation on GAF but couldn't as I hadn't been accepted at that point, I'd really given up when I finally got in.

Can you explain how you were or can be on the outside? Gaf is free to join after all.

Yeah, but you can't use any old email to register with, and there's still no guarantee that you will be accepted even if you do have a valid email.

Maybe you were lucky but it took me a year and a half to be accepted - a lot of the messages I get are from guys who are trying to get in but can't.

Damn, that long!? My membership was accepted two weeks after registering.

lordxar

I lurked for several months and took the plunge...which took several months to even be a junior. So yea its free but by the time you get anywhere near to posting you damn near forget about it. Then it took another several months to get to member status. I think a lot of people read this site but get a bit daunted by the entry process.

Sirenty

Drifting is great. They remind me of a game like Trials where you keep restarting until you nail it. Thankfully restarts are almost instant.

Speaking of Trials, one thing I request they copy from Trials is one press restart while in a run. In Trials, I can press the left touchpad to instantly restart from the beginning. In DC, I have to press Options, X (assuming already on restart), Up, X. 4 presses compared to 1. Left touchpad doesn't do anything I believe; how about making it a configurable instant restart (defaulted off)?

Also, I can't count the number of times I've accidentally hit the right touchpad with the edge of my thumb when trying to hit options really fast and having it launch photo mode. That's highly aggravating as I then have to wait for photo mode to load, then exit out, wait for it to resume, then try to hit options again, then 3 more presses. I'd really like to have a configurable way to disable photo mode, or move it to something like R3.

Damn, that long!? My membership was accepted two weeks after registering.

I first became aware of GAF from cboats xbone revelations early 2013? It wasn't like I was spamming join requests for all that time, I'd apply then hear nothing for 6 months then apply again. My club mate Makikou72 is a GAF lurker whose been trying to get on for months - he PSN messaged me after smashing my time on a few track challenges and knew my name from here.

DCS

Banned
Did anybody get the Special Edition with the extra car liveries? I'm interested in what they look like as I've only ever seen people drive the pre-order edition cars online.

viveks86

Ha. Thanks for clearing that up. I got a msg from him clarifying things as well when I was traveling and didn't get to look into it. None of us should have commented on it, but we had no context. Another example of why private messages should stay private. Sorry Red.

Siegmeyer

Yeah reading this side I've no idea why CJ posted it. It really is nothing like how he presented it.

Servers back, and its post a time of ...10:39!!! LOL

3:41.9
3:47.1
3:02.5

My math telle me that should be 10:31.4.....give or take a few nanoseconds.....

I've noticed that sometimes the lap times don't quite tie back to the overall time. There was one were my scoreboard time was 2 thousands of a second over the 3rd star time but i got the star anyway, presumed it was the overall time compared to the actual lap time of crossing the line to finishing.

Damn, son! Took me 5 months to get a rejection then 3 months on my second apply to get a membership.

I feel lucky now then, i only had to wait 7 weeks

desu

My GAF membership was approved in like 24 hours lol. I had no idea it was that tough for some

Took me years I think ...

Either way I probably got around 200-250k points alone from trying to get the last star in the main tour (Venom Hot Lap obviously). Thing is freaking brutal for me.

Servers back, and its post a time of ...10:39!!! LOL

3:41.9
3:47.1
3:02.5

My math telle me that should be 10:31.4.....give or take a few nanoseconds.....

That's weird, did it capture the previous run or lose the connection during the event? I lost a few times when the server went down then came back on but the times wouldn't update.

What the..........

Took me almost 3 years I think.

Wow, I think we have a winner! Can anyone beat that?

I have only been a member since late 2013. I heard it used to be way more difficult but these days I think it's quite painless for many.

Coincidence that everyone who got in quickly seems to be US based? Is it easier to check out valid email addresses or something?

Putty

That's weird, did it capture the previous run or lose the connection during the event? I lost a few times when the server went down then came back on but the times wouldn't update.

Wow, I think we have a winner! Can anyone beat that?

Coincidence that everyone who got in quickly seems to be US based? Is it easier to check out valid email addresses or something?

Server disconnected during the 3rd race 8(. So I waited a during the results screed, with the leaderboard trying to update.........and I waited. Then I just hit continue. I then noticed DC tweeted about a small period of maintenance. When that was finished, I checked the event again and this time was posted. I written down all 3 times, I always do if I want to improve further down the line. I'll try it again though, ...sigh.

lordxar

I started the process in like November-December of 2013. Think it was a good three months before I hit even junior status. I think there was admin turmoil plus some heavy enrollment or something when I started.

I started the process in like November-December of 2013. Think it was a good three months before I hit even junior status. I think there was admin turmoil plus some heavy enrollment or something when I started.

That was launch period for the new gen so maybe that saw higher numbers.

I joined a little bit before that (October I think) so maybe I just got lucky and snuck in at the right time

On a completely different note: will we ever see a Lotus Elise in this game? Hints in the form of riddles, haikus or whatever are welcome.

lordxar

On a completely different note: will we ever see a Lotus Elise in this game? Hints in the form of riddles, haikus or whatever are welcome.

If we get one I hope it handles a helluva lot better than that piece of shit Exige...that thing is the most god awful car to drive in DC. The thing is awful on dry roads and much much worse on wet. Out of every car in this game its the only one I actively despise. I have several I'm indifferent to but that's the only one I just hate to drive. At least with the Venom, the Xbow, Twin'run, Atom, etc the cars are tough to drive but rewarding by being fast or just plain fun. The other Lotus isn't bad at all not sure why the Exige is so awful.

Which begs the question, what car does everyone think is the worst in DC and why?

If we get one I hope it handles a helluva lot better than that piece of shit Exige...that thing is the most god awful car to drive in DC. The thing is awful on dry roads and much much worse on wet. Out of every car in this game its the only one I actively despise. I have several I'm indifferent to but that's the only one I just hate to drive. At least with the Venom, the Xbow, Twin'run, Atom, etc the cars are tough to drive but rewarding by being fast or just plain fun. The other Lotus isn't bad at all not sure why the Exige is so awful.

Which begs the question, what car does everyone think is the worst in DC and why?

I really don't get along with the Alfa 4C of all cars - I drive lots of the more twitchy buggers & my fav car is the Atom but the only one I have to consciously watch how I drive is the 4C.

I think the Maserati Gran Turismo is probably the worst car in the game - I can't think of any car that is less competitive in a class.

The worst car is the Exige. Although it has good acceleration the handling is all over the place. It has no character at all which is a real shame. Evo magnified the main characteristic(s) of each car to give it a distinct feeling but i have no clue what they went for with the Exige. (It's an unbelievable sensational car to drive IRL that got the highest praise in the car industry)

There were a few events that I nailed in the first attempt with all stars without even knowing the track. Given that I rarely break the top 1000 in race events, I'd say some of them were far too easy. However, I did not find the hatchback time trial all that easy. Took me quite a few attempts to beat it. The difficulty was all over the place for sure. Personally, I do agree that the previous DLCs were spot on. But for the top racers, it's not about the stars or the AI anyway. It's about the leaderboards. So I'm a little torn on what would be ideal, if one were to hope for mainstream adoption.

I guess for mainstream adoption the difficulty had to be toned down. The thing is....personally getting all the stars was very addictive and satisfying for me with the original tour and previous DLC. Off to challenges and leaderboards it is then (although i do not have the talent to reach top spots)

Putty

I guess for mainstream adoption the difficulty had to be toned down. The thing is....personally getting all the stars was very addictive and satisfying for me with the original tour and previous DLC. Off to challenges and leaderboards it is then (although i do not have the talent to reach top spots)

Nope, you don't. We are all class ...you'll never be as good as us....NEVER!

Top Bottom