• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT2| You Can't Rush Evolution

It sounds like that car.

Sounds like it's another tail happy beast....

From Wikipedia
The SSC Ultimate Aero was not sold with electronic driver aids such as ABS brakes or traction control, as according to Jerod Shelby, "Early design philosophy on the car was to make it a driver's car. I wanted a car that you not only throttled with your right foot but at times you could steer with your right foot."

Can someone help me with this. I go into drive then into single event, time trial, I then pick a country and track, set some times but when I go back to it it says I have done 0 miles on it. Think it says I have done 0 miles in the car I was in as well.

Were the servers running ok? It never used to be displayed so I can't say I've ever checked this out, could be it takes a while to update.

I finally had some time to redo the SemiPro trophy after the previous horrid outing with the Lotus Exige. I chose a Beemer this time around and I didn't have a problem with getting all the points. Exige is a really hard car to use...or I have no idea how to drive it...or both. :p

Just shows how different car handling suits other people - I only used the beemers when I had to or to get the manufacturer accolade, didn't like them at all.

benzy

New video released by Evolution hinting at one of the cars in the next DLC pack

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtRkN1pKY_Y&feature=youtu.be

The only car I can find with that top speed SSC Ultimate Aero TT. Pretty sweet.

I wonder if they could get the license for its successor, SSC Tuatara. 276mph top speed.

original.jpg

CozMick

Banned
@DRIVECLUB We agreed with Ferrari that we would give the car special treatment in the game. This might change in a future update :)

Talking about the 599xx in multiplayer on Twitter, that's a strange one :/

@DRIVECLUB We agreed with Ferrari that we would give the car special treatment in the game. This might change in a future update :)

Talking about the 599xx in multiplayer on Twitter, that's a strange one :/

It got such special treatment that it got no tour events and is outclassed online by most of the other hypers it faces...

lordxar

Holeee fuhhhhckkkk! 250-270 on these tracks? Do we even have anywhere to let those ponies run? The Venom is tough to fully wind out for very long much less another 40+ MPH of top end.

Community Challenges are so annoying.

You spend your time getting the #1 slot on a track, only for some bozo's Time Trial Challenge to get to the front of the Community Challenges list, gaining hundreds of times and your time is smashed to pieces!

Auctopus

Not too hyped at the idea of another ugly hyper car with no personality but new content is new content and I like what was posted above about how the engineers wanted the car to be received.

Very interested as to what the final DLC track will be this month.

gl0w

Thanks for the responses to my rally questions, I just wrote a massive reply only for my phone to mess up and lose it :-( Can't face it just now, I'll respond properly in the morning.

That score was from the first stage of the test rally we ran, you improved after that Banana :)

Gl0w - I'll announce a date for the next rally soon, then you just need to let me know if you can make it and want in.

Perfect, thank you sir!

lordxar

This is irritating. I'm doing a community drift challenge which seems very doable to me but I can't break into a better score. RUF CTR3 on the first Japan track...can't read the name. I'm consistently getting 3200 or thereabouts but hit 3700 once. Cannot for the life of me figure out where to squeeze more points out. Leader is at like 4300.

IKizzLE

Finally watched the video.
Welp, that car accelerates way too fast in later gears to be anything less than a 1000 hp.

So my guesses are....
Koenigsegg One:1
SSC Ultimate Aero TT
SSC Tuatara
Bugatti Veyron SS

I'd be shocked if its not one of those 4 cars.

lordxar

The amount of cursing I just did would make a sailor blush... Was running Apex Predator and was like 2 seconds ahead of the top time and I whip around the last fucking corner and wipe out! Beat it a few tries later but damn that sucked ass.

Just shows how different car handling suits other people - I only used the beemers when I had to or to get the manufacturer accolade, didn't like them at all.

It's not that I like the Beemer, it's just a random car I chose after my disastrous run with the Lotus Exige. Handling felt so much better. Which cars would be your picks in that class?

The amount of cursing I just did would make a sailor blush... Was running Apex Predator and was like 2 seconds ahead of the top time and I whip around the last fucking corner and wipe out! Beat it a few tries later but damn that sucked ass.

LOL. I believe most of us here have encountered this shit before. It's funny when you think back about it. The screw up at the last corner.....and that feeling lingers when you're ahead the next time.

It seems to work now i have got a HomeHub5 :D

Yeah BT Homehubs under a 4 somehow do not like Sony networks. Long range remote play on the Vita/PSP would never work through HH1/2/3 but something was fixed in the 4/5. Glad it's all working now, but yeah Sony get the grief for something that is actually BT's doing and always refused to acknowledge.

It's not that I like the Beemer, it's just a random car I chose after my disastrous run with the Lotus Exige. Handling felt so much better. Which cars would be your picks in that class?

My picks would be the three alternatives I put in the challenges - The RUF RGT 8 is quickest on the power tracks but can be a handful in the rain, the FF is a good all rounder and can be really thrown around so ideal for tracks you don't know very well. The GTS is fun to drive and quick but doesn't have the top end speed of the RUF.
The challenges I put out seem to be proving the Exige can be just as quick as the others in the right hands but it probably takes more skill than I possess to drag that out of it. The track I selected has probably helped too, I doubt it could keep up on somewhere like Wester Ross...

Shaneus

Finally watched the video.
Welp, that car accelerates way too fast in later gears to be anything less than a 1000 hp.

So my guesses are....
Koenigsegg One:1
SSC Ultimate Aero TT
SSC Tuatara
Bugatti Veyron SS

I'd be shocked if its not one of those 4 cars.
I reckon it's the One:1. I'd never heard of it before, but listen to it in this video. Sounds quite similar, IMO.

Ted

It seems to work now i have got a HomeHub5 :D

Glad it worked for you A1AN and I hope BT weren't too difficult to convince. :)

Definitely improved my situation although typically it comes at a time where I have less time to play!! Not having to fail out of three or four lobbies at least helps with making it easier to grab a "quick game".

Anyway, stoked it's sorted for you.

The challenges I put out seem to be proving the Exige can be just as quick as the others in the right hands but it probably takes more skill than I possess to drag that out of it. The track I selected has probably helped too, I doubt it could keep up on somewhere like Wester Ross...

The track you selected has very little in the way of straights to get near top speed, that definitely feels like it levels the playing field.

I had a quick three lap run of it round the track you selected (only in the Lotus) and it feels like a great match, the quick, tightening bends followed by slow switchbacks give loads of opportunities to work the car.

Brilliant times set by everyone who has entered, I'm awed by the top times and even those a little lower but set in just one lap. Holy shit, great job all.

On a related note, do restarted laps count towards the tally and do attempt numbers play into the scoring at all? I tend to assume I'll be going faster over the line on lap two but I don't know the tracks well enough to tell and frankly even a failed lap is a good opportunity for me to try and remember where the corners are!

Last question, in challenges, is there a way to select which ghost shows up? I'd a very average driver so I'll never get near the top times so it is pointless showing me these (I can't see them to learn from them). I'd like to display mine and one .5-.9 ahead of me rather than mine and the fastest time. It seems to work like that in time trial single events but not on this challenge.

The track you selected has very little in the way of straights to get near top speed, that definitely feels like it levels the playing field.

I had a quick three lap run of it round the track you selected (only in the Lotus) and it feels like a great match, the quick, tightening bends followed by slow switchbacks give loads of opportunities to work the car.

Brilliant times set by everyone who has entered, I'm awed by the top times and even those a little lower but set in just one lap. Holy shit, great job all.

On a related note, do restarted laps count towards the tally and do attempt numbers play into the scoring at all? I tend to assume I'll be going faster over the line on lap two but I don't know the tracks well enough to tell and frankly even a failed lap is a good opportunity for me to try and remember where the corners are!

Last question, in challenges, is there a way to select which ghost shows up? I'd a very average driver so I'll never get near the top times so it is pointless showing me these (I can't see them to learn from them). I'd like to display mine and one .5-.9 ahead of me rather than mine and the fastest time. It seems to work like that in time trial single events but not on this challenge.

I'm not quite sure where the attempts number comes in - It doesn't appear to be laps so I thought it might be the number of times you've improved your record. I need to actually test this out. The challenge creator always gets credited as a single attempt when posting the challenge even though it might've taken 50 laps on a time trial to set it.

You can't select which ghost you get, but when it works correctly you should get the challenge record time, your nearest competitor and your own best lap. Works better when there's lots of ghost runs on a challenge.

lordxar

I'm not quite sure where the attempts number comes in - It doesn't appear to be laps so I thought it might be the number of times you've improved your record. I need to actually test this out. The challenge creator always gets credited as a single attempt when posting the challenge even though it might've taken 50 laps on a time trial to set it.

You can't select which ghost you get, but when it works correctly you should get the challenge record time, your nearest competitor and your own best lap. Works better when there's lots of ghost runs on a challenge.

I thought the attempt number was just for ridicule? :) I think attempts is how many times you finish and restart as opposed to not finishing but restarting.

I'm sure the number of attempts is completed laps/crossing the finish line. Aborting a lap (restarting before crossing the line) doesn't count.

You can also see number of attempts by each person on the actual leaderboard if you select it

I'm sure the number of attempts is completed laps/crossing the finish line. Aborting a lap (restarting before crossing the line) doesn't count.

You can also see number of attempts by each person on the actual leaderboard if you select it

You'd think it would be number of laps but I usually just keep lapping the tracks and don't restart and the number of attempts is always lower than the number of laps I've completed, which is why I think it might be the number of improvements made.

I thought the attempt number was just for ridicule? :) I think attempts is how many times you finish and restart as opposed to not finishing but restarting.

Yeah I can tell your talking drifts not time trials ;-) Drifts I can see working off the number of times you finish a run.

Top Bottom