• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT2| You Can't Rush Evolution

viveks86

Pretty sure Rushy confirmed they were coming for the "next update". Which I imagine would be this coming one.

When are we due for it, viveks?

Don't tease us. :).

Oh Lawd!! pls tell me this means it's coming

Did you guys miss this?

Not too far, the serpent king will fall
Then we will march
To relive our conquests
And share it with all

Having said that, expect an update next week.

Did you guys miss this?

Having said that, expect an update next week.

Bugger :-(

So in this update we're getting...

a new track (Japanese street circuit)
support for the upcoming DLC (6 cars / 2 tours to be unlocked next week)
Level cap increase?
Challenge setting improvements?
Multiplayer lobby improvements?

Come on Viv! Anything you can riddle about?

Noooo I am 48 finally just 2 levels from 50! I want to feel that sense of achievement for just a small amount of time until they crank it up. lol

I've been a 50 since 11.11.14 according to my trophy list so just over three months - if they do ever increase the limit its going to need to be a big one or it'll be maxed out again without me doing anything.

Denur

Relive our conquests makes me think a Prestige type mode, the kind we've all been recommending over the months.
That relive our conquests has me boggled. What if we can actually watch replays for all our (best) races, time trails and drift trails so far?

viveks86

Bugger :-(
Level cap increase?
Challenge setting improvements?
Multiplayer lobby improvements?

Come on Viv! Anything you can riddle about?

There will be some community feedback based tweaks to features for sure. But your guess is as good as mine :)

And no, that's not a riddle. lol

Pretty sure Rushy confirmed they were coming for the "next update". Which I imagine would be this coming one.

When are we due for it, viveks?
It is in the reveal if you re-watch it, so was Photo Mode.

The menus at the reveal, will assume they were just mock ups, show that you will likely be able to share replays too. Though they were probably early in on things back then and things change.

Rushy

B9uTEKHIEAAkYnq.jpg

Leaderboards were posted but had issues :-(

If a stage wasn't completed (or I haven't got the time) then the time for that stage is 5 mins. That explains the later tables where the some of the early front runners have dropped to the back.

At the moment the plan for no.2 is Saturday 21st at 10pm GMT. It is going to be another test run, we'll try circuits as well as p2p and try the new way of working it. Limited to 20 entries so please only say you'll take part if you can defo make it on that date & time.

Rushy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UZ85zvZ5tA

Update 1.11 (coming next week):

» Adds a new Multiplayer game mode: Team Time Trial.
» Adds a new track offering 2 variants: Kobago in Japan.
» All add-on Tours have new progress requirements: You need 8 Stars (previously 12) to progress to the second stage and 22 Stars (previously 27) to open up the final Championship.
» Adds the ability to choose from a collection of factory Paint Jobs during vehicle selection prior to an Event.
» Adds the option to enable the Rev Counter in cockpit view.
» Decreases the threshold on the manumatic downshift limiter to allow players to downshift earlier.
» Reduces the drying time for rain splatter on the screen when in Chase Cam.
» Implements ghosting under certain conditions in Multiplayer races to prevent track blocking.
» Allows the 'Contender' and 'Unbeatable' Trophies to be unlocked even if the challenges expire when you are not online.
» Includes a number of minor bug fixes, performance improvements and usability tweaks.

Update 1.11 Add-ons (coming to PlayStation®Store Feb 24-26):

» Adds support for the VUHL 05, coming to PlayStation®Store as a free download.
» Adds support for the DOWNFORCE Expansion Pack, coming to PlayStation®Store as a premium/Season Pass add-on.
» The Downforce Car Pack includes: Ferrari F50, Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Centennial Edition, SRT Viper GTS, Koenigsegg One:1 and Jaguar F-Type R Coupé.
» The Downforce Tour Pack includes 11 new Events and 5 new Trophies.
» Adds support for the Midnight Tour Pack, coming to PlayStation®Store as a premium/Season Pass add-on.
» The Midnight Tour Pack includes 11 new Events and 5 new Trophies.
» Adds support for 2 new livery packs, coming to PlayStation®Store as a premium/Season Pass add-on. Each Livery Pack contains 5 new livery patterns to customise your cars with.

What else is coming to DRIVECLUB?

» Server upgrades: to improve stability and performance for all current players and to enable the release of the PS+ Edition and DRIVECLUB companion app.
» Private lobbies: Development of Private Lobbies for Multiplayer is ongoing alongside development of server upgrades.
» Replays: are in the final stages of development and testing. It's likely that offline replays will come ahead of Multiplayer replays.
» Changes to drift scoring: to ensure that you are rewarded for momentum, control and staying on the track in drift zones.
» Lots more cars: We can't say what's coming just yet, but many of your most commonly requested cars and manufacturers are coming to DRIVECLUB, along with a few surprises.
» New ranks: because many of you are at Level 50 already.
» Lots more! Please keep sharing your feedback about DRIVECLUB with us to help the game continue to evolve around you.

Kobago looks absolutely beautiful from what we can see so far, way to go out with a bang with the final track (hopefully only for the time being). More factory paint jobs is very appreciated, another multiplayer mode and some good fixes, looks like another great update. Looking forward to the the new cars and tour packs.

I'm looking forward to getting back after a self imposed break, work meant I was to tired when I got home and this game needs to played when you're fully awake!

SPEAK.

F50 <3
I was just putting a suggestion out there :p

I'm a bit like that other guy on this forum, Wax is it, always bleats on about track creators. I wish more games had them.

I think DC's model works perfectly for it too, because all tracks are free meaning that user created tracks isn't damaging to their financial returns.

ModNation Racer's track designer is awesome, really accessible but still flexible, port that over and lets make some bonkers tracks :p

MMaRsu

Looks to be a great update!! Thanks for keeping us posted Paul :).

just one question : Why is Nakasendo almost never in the multi event lists?

T_Exige

Whoa great update Rushy! Amazing cars and that track looks great.

What do you mean with the factory Paint jobs? Are they extra colors from real life manufacturers, to chose besides the standard colors already in the game?

xrnzaaas

I don't like how they're "cheating" with yet another Corvette, but I can't wait to get my hands on other new cars, especially on that beautiful Jag F-Type.

DCS

Banned
I don't like how they're "cheating" with yet another Corvette, but I can't wait to get my hands on other new cars, especially on that beautiful Jag F-Type.

I wish they would stop doing this, did the same thing with a lot of Mercedes too.

Rushy

What do you mean with the factory Paint jobs? Are they extra colors from real life manufacturers, to chose besides the standard colors already in the game?
You can press the square button on livery select to quickly cycle through the standard manufacturer colours for each car (up to 12 unique colours per car).

Top Bottom