• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT2| You Can't Rush Evolution

nikos

So are the drifting changes live and if so hows it feel?

Scoring feels the same. Haven't had much time to play with it yet, though. The new track seems like a good track for racking up drift points.

EDIT: Yeah, viveks86 is correct, coming in a later update.

How do you even know that, as a user?

The PS4 just starts downloading the update without showing you patch notes or file sizes.
If you go to "Downloads" it shows you that 6.5 GB file.

It was posted on their facebook.

How do you even know that, as a user?

The PS4 just starts downloading the update without showing you patch notes or file sizes.
If you go to "Downloads" it shows you that 6.5 GB file.

Aside from the game director saying so earlier in this thread, i went to downloads when the download started and the progress bar was almost full right from the start (it was at approximately 5.7GB).
Also, it downloaded in a few minutes and with my internet connection it would take hours for 6.5GB. :)

Vaga

I can barely hear my engine in race (depending on the car), I wish there was an option to turn down the volume of AI cars only, not affecting the other effects.

Engine and exhaust volume levels are still way too low even after the 'level 11' sound upgrade for most of the cars in all camera views, we've been asking for separate channels volume option for a while to no avail.

Have the gamma issues been fixed?

Gamma issues have been fixed but now a new problem arises.

@Rushy Thanks for fixing the gamma issues for cockpit modes on the Japan tracks but a new issue has arisen in the new update with the cockpit mode again unfortunately.

As you can plainly see in my examples below, the exposure/contrast/saturation inside cockpit view in the new 1.11 patch is completely off. Now looks a lot more dull and flat, particularly in sunny conditions and needs to be brightened up again like it was before. I noticed this problem as soon as I fired up the game this evening.

Both examples below are in Putre, Chile at 12pm

Before:
Before%201.jpg

After: (New Patch 1.11)
After%201.jpg

Before:
Before%202.jpg

After%202.jpg

Could you please look into this Rushy?

Apologies if I come across as nitpicky. It's just that these things severely hamper my enthusiasm for the game because it generally looks so bloody amazing and plays great.

Many thanks

JoduanER2

@Rushy Thanks for fixing the gamma issues for cockpit modes on the Japan tracks but a new issue has arisen in the new update with the cockpit mode again unfortunately.

As you can plainly see in my examples below, the exposure/contrast/saturation inside cockpit view in the new 1.11 patch is completely off. Now looks a lot more dull and flat, particularly in sunny conditions and needs to be brightened up again like it was before. I noticed this problem as soon as I fired up the game this evening.

Before:
Before%201.jpg

After%201.jpg

Before:
Before%202.jpg

After%202.jpg

Apologies if I come across as nitpicky. It's just that these things severely hamper my enthusiasm for the game because it generally looks so bloody amazing and plays great.

Many thanks

Is this real? It looks much worse now.

Many thanks

Holy shit, so this is why I thought the game looked a little more washed out than usual in the day time when I played it earlier today? I had to use the 'saturated' filter when taking photos because they looked so dull without it.

Damn it. One problem gets fixed and another arises. :(

Holy shit, so this is why I thought the game looked a little more washed out than usual in the day time when I played it earlier today? I had to use the 'saturated' filter when taking photos because they looked so dull without it.

Damn it. One problem gets fixed and another arises. :(

Is this cockpit only or all views?

Rushy

Is this issue specific to the McLaren P1 or have you seen this with other cars as well?

leng jai

Before:
Before%201.jpg

After%201.jpg

Before:
Before%202.jpg

After%202.jpg

Many thanks

Seriously? I don't understand how this shit keeps happening every patch.

gl0w

They should add more variety in lobbys, it's almost always the same tracks/cars. I can't barely find any of the Japan tracks.. It's a shame. Give us private lobbys Asap :(

lordxar

Well all we got today was a track by the look. We get cars on the store tomorrow? Didn't look at the star requirements yet but if that was in this patch I should have new events unlocked at least.

Shaneus

I almost prefer it to look like that (I'm a big fan of muted colours, I loved PGR4 for example) but I'm only going by your screens, I haven't been able to play it with the new patch.

GreedZen

Banned
They may have fixed the gamma in the update but everything looks darker & duller -_-

Where did the rest of ur post go? Change of heart?

NB posting from tiny phone.

Anyway, I'm about 25% through launch release single player and I've seen the AI mess up. They've spun out and traded paint. What I haven't seen them do is overcook it heading to a corner and fly off the track.

As for the handling model, that's always gonna be down to the user but I found that taking a fairly real world approach to be best ie
no braking halfway through a corner,
no simultaneous heavy braking and turning,
feed gas and brake into some corners,
Sometimes a light lift of is better than braking and or added steering input
do not floor it on corner exit unless traction is assured,
when using the analog stick dont just consider it as full left or full right, think about finessing the steering angles as to not make rapid direction changes that can cause loss of control.
Brake later when going up hill and earlier down hill
The engine (front, mid, rear) and drive layout (fwd, rwd, 4wd) also affect how a car handles. You can Google images to try and find generalised differences in corner approach/attack for the various layouts

If we want to talk about poor handling let's talk NFS shift and shift unleashed.
It took myaelf and others way too much time tuning cars to get them handling remotely well.

Ranger X

Isn't this when you turn crowd off??

Also, HDR is a problem in this game from the start. Its is much exagerrated from real life. Goes for "in your face" graphic styles but not for real racing. Been racing myself and I never been blinded that much in my whole life by exiting some tunnel, entering one, or again just hitting some shadows or drive at night. Or was it the gamma problem? Brightness or contrast adjustments? I hope it will be fixed. Patch seems to touch those things. I don't have it in america yet though.,

Oh well.

v1lla21

Lol so I was playing earlier and I was in 1st place. Right before I got to the finish line I braked and tried to cross while sliding... It didn't work as I hit the wall and the car stopped. I ended up in 4th place. Lmao.

Finally got around to trying Japan, I still have a bunch of events in front of Japans but I broke my own rule of getting every star in order cause I was that hyped...and it delivered.

Can't believe how amazing Japan looks in this game. The second race in the championship in the second event blew my friggin mind. It goes from beautiful looking to downright scary mid race with the rain. I swear this is the absolute best looking game I've ever seen.

I love taking a couple weeks break from DC and then being amazed all over again by the visuals.

I don't want to sell the gameplay short either, its the funnest SP racer I have played since GT2 or Motorstorm.

While the MP isn't my cup, they keep adding to the SP so I am more than happy. I need to get my gear head buddy to play this game, he will flip.

Lol so I was playing earlier and I was in 1st place. Right before I got to the finish line I braked and tried to cross while sliding... It didn't work as I hit the wall and the car stopped. I ended up in 4th place. Lmao.

Haha, my nephew always does that and i keep telling him that someday it'll blow up in his face.

The new track, while not as visually appealing as the other Japanese ones is very fun to drive. Good stuff.

It does look less colorful than the other Japanese tracks since it's basically farmlands, but imo it looks great for what it is, and it looks downright gorgeous at night, with all the lights lit up around the rice paddies. And of course it's also very fun to drive on.

Seriously? I don't understand how this shit keeps happening every patch.

Because they patch in a shit load of good changes, some things obviously have an undesired effect. The good news is that Evo tend to listen to people, it was GAF I believe that found the gamma issue in the first place and Evo responded. Now it's been pointed out again they are doing the same again. Sorry, but what more can you ask for from a development team?

I know some teams that I'm pretty certain are bigger than Evo that have left in game breaking bugs for the lifetime of the game. (BF4 - Single player save game corruption)

Thanks we'll be looking into this tomorrow as a priority.

Great news, game is getting better and better, although I do wish that the UK got the updates at the same times as the other regions.

10pm UK time start
Midnight EET
2pm Saturday LA - 5pm Saturday NY
9am Sunday Melbourne

This is another test run event where I plan on trying out the new way of working, circuits as well as P2P stages and basing all the tracks in a single country.

Please let me know if you want to take part as I have a maximum of 20 entries (hopefully we'll get 20 entries!).

This is a live event so you need to be online and ready in DC at the start time. You have a limited time to complete each event before the scores are taken and the next event challenge is sent out.

This is a lot of fun, completing 7 race events in a short timescale :)

Open to both GAF and none GAF / banned (Auctopus/Postcyberpunk ;-) - if you can't let me know on here that you want to join then message me on PSN.

Putty

10pm UK time start
Midnight EET
2pm Saturday LA - 5pm Saturday NY
9am Sunday Melbourne

This is another test run event where I plan on trying out the new way of working, circuits as well as P2P stages and basing all the tracks in a single country.

Please let me know if you want to take part as I have a maximum of 20 entries (hopefully we'll get 20 entries!).

This is a live event so you need to be online and ready in DC at the start time. You have a limited time to complete each event before the scores are taken and the next event challenge is sent out.

This is a lot of fun, completing 7 race events in a short timescale :)

Open to both GAF and none GAF / banned (Auctopus/Postcyberpunk ;-) - if you can't let me know on here that you want to join then message me on PSN.

Would love to get involved mate but I can only do 9pm onwards 8(

Top Bottom