• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT2| You Can't Rush Evolution

I wish there was more variety in the tracks and cars they chose for the double fame weekend, it's literally the same 4 tracks and car selection (races not including TT events)

That's why i'm not playing those events anymore...
i'm tried of seeing them after the first day ...

IKizzLE

Welp...I was wrong about both the Mclaren P1 and Aston Martin V12 Vantage in the Performance class.

Both cars are at the top of their respective classes. FAAAAAAAAAAAAAST

Welp...I was wrong about both the Mclaren P1 and Aston Martin V12 Vantage in the Performance class.

Both cars are at the top of their respective classes. FAAAAAAAAAAAAAST

Really? I know the P1 is great on the more technical tracks (great accelerating & braking) but the Aston?

IKizzLE

Really? I know the P1 is great on the more technical tracks (great accelerating & braking) but the Aston?

Yup, pulling similar lap times with the Aston Martin V12 Vantage S as I am with the Ferrari FF and Ruf RGT-8. It's definitely faster than the AMG GT-S and Stingray.
Major edit lol. The V12 Vantage S is in the super class haha. It's actually SUPER slow.

DJ Gunner

The Performance Class Vantage is also easier to drive than the FF and Ruf, imo.
I find the F1 superior to the P1 just because I don't have to worry about the extra controls. Both handle exceptionally.

I'm cautiously optimistic that the Huracan and Aventador are on the way, if they don't show up, I'll be big disappointment in an otherwise excellent game. I'm also desperately waiting for the Ruf 3800S.
I'm really surprise there are no lambos in the game. before the game even came out the first two cars that leaked out where the Ferrari 599 and the Aventador even though Rushy said those were just concept stuff

The Performance Class Vantage is also easier to drive than the FF and Ruf, imo.
I find the F1 superior to the P1 just because I don't have to worry about the extra controls. Both handle exceptionally.

Same, I didn't really understand how or when to use KERS/DRS so the F1 simplicity appeals to me.

Same, I didn't really understand how or when to use KERS/DRS so the F1 simplicity appeals to me.

It's pretty much use KERS up to 100mph and use DRS whenever you've got a straight. DRS disengages as soon as you brake so you don't need to worry about turning it off, just don't try highspeed cornering with it on unless you want a closer look at trees...

DLC / Pay to win?

Kinda playing devils advocate here but there are a few pitfalls to be had with the DLC plans and I think Evo need to be careful on their multiplayer events.

A while back when the 458 Speciale came out there was a race on Sinclair Pass against the standard 458 - I was the only guy with a Speciale and won the event without anyone else reaching the finish line within 30 seconds of me. I don't think it is the case, but if I was one of the other guys in that race I may well have been thinking I had to buy the DLC to compete.

The other point that's been raised to me is if the new Koenigsegg One is that fast AND easy to control then it's going to dominate and potentially unbalance the hyper class, take over all the scoreboards etc.

CozMick

Banned
DLC / Pay to win?

Kinda playing devils advocate here but there are a few pitfalls to be had with the DLC plans and I think Evo need to be careful on their multiplayer events.

A while back when the 458 Speciale came out there was a race on Sinclair Pass against the standard 458 - I was the only guy with a Speciale and won the event without anyone else reaching the finish line within 30 seconds of me. I don't think it is the case, but if I was one of the other guys in that race I may well have been thinking I had to buy the DLC to compete.

The other point that's been raised to me is if the new Koenigsegg One is that fast AND easy to control then it's going to dominate and potentially unbalance the hyper class, take over all the scoreboards etc.

If the agera is anything to go by the one:1 will handle like shit.

Ted

I wish BT would release Homehub 6 - DC Edition...

I had server issues again over the weekend when I got a chance to play. Man, when it can't connect to the DC servers at all and nearly everything is blacked out it becomes a pretty empty game! I got into a few races on Sunday evening but mostly this was me:

"Double XP! Sweet, that'll help the progress to 50!"

*fires up game, much black*

"Oh you tease Evo."

:(

Still, it gave me time to complete all the stars from the original tour. The Norwegian lightweight event is great fun, one of my favourite events I think. Not sure I'll do all of the red line and photo finish tour events as they look broadly like more of the same but I will do any of the events that use different locations to the original tour. Do any particular events stand out as particularly great from these two?

Now only three trophies left for the platinum but I'm not sure I'll get all of those. The accolades under game modes / location seem a long way away! I'm actually surprised how far. I've played all the original tour, a good number of single events and a little bit of the multiplayer (servers allowing) and I'm still 60+ races away from level four for the race game mode accolade and even further from any of the location "fan" accolades.

I'll probably be playing the MP for a while though so I /might/ get there in the end.

Talking of MP, any news on how the lobby system might work? A searchable lobby list a la GRID2 or GT5/G6?

Does anyone have any inkling as to what host and event tools Evo have planned? With largely no in race penalty existing for overtly aggressive driving in DC I'd love a post race review and incident voting system to be built into MP replays but not one single driving game has taken many forward steps with regards to host options so I know it's only ever going to be a dream!

Gacha-pin

I'm in the 495 club now!!

Both Venom events are tough but I had to spend more time in Savage Rivalry event (the original tour) and X-Bow Bolt event (Ignition tour) and anything I had to use Renault Twin Run Concept.

I still don't know how to pass the first red flag turn in the X-Bow Bolt event even after I got three stars.

desu

Both Venom events are tough but I had to spend more time in Savage Rivalry event (the original tour) and X-Bow Bolt event (Ignition tour) and anything I had to use Renault Twin Run Concept.

I still don't know how to pass the first red flag turn in the X-Bow Bolt event even after I got three stars.

Sounds like me, the fast car classes a lot easier to me than the slower classes (like the X-Bow Bolt event etc). The smallest mistake can make a huge difference.

Oh and congrats =).

Well they just wanted to make sure they got a representative time to put as the One:1 Hot Lap tour event 3 star time :p

Lol I can just imagine the blood vessels bursting now!

I know who the stig is ;-)

*It does handle better than the venom
*It's a handful to control due to the power
*Around 1 - 1.5 seconds quicker so *if* they do a hot lap expect a 1:15 or 1:14.5 :)

DJ Gunner

I'm in the 495 club now!!

Is that the one with the uphill hairpin that seems to make you spin out no matter what speed you take it? If so, it drove me nuts for two full days before I managed it.

le-seb

Try out the new Kobago track right now
Wait, what?
A new track and no video showing it off?

Won't somebody please think of the children people who are at work for many hours and can't try it right now?

I know you're the good kind.
Do it, GAF!

Putty

Another belter of a track! Don't know how they do it but once again, another winner. Very technical and very rewarding when a good lap is put together.

kriskrosbbk

-Adds the ability to choose from a collection of factory Paint Jobs during vehicle selection prior to an Event

How do I do this ? It still just one paint job in Factory.

Never mind I saw it , it is with square button ,I guess not every car has it though.

Awesome new track, should make for some tense races with the abundance of tight, narrow turns. I have a feeling it will be a special treat for those who complained about the other Japanese tracks being too wide, i remember one poster being especially vocal about it.

The only thing i don't like about it is that it's the last new track for the foreseeable future.

Edit:

Oh shit, in all the excitement about the new track i forgot about the new manufacturer liveries.

Strider

Went a few laps on the new track with my freshly unlocked McLaren P1. Love it :D All of the Japan tracks are great.

Sad there's no more
announced
locations/tracks :(

nikos

Any active players still looking to join a club? Seems like the members in my club haven't played in a few months, so it's probably fair to boot them.

Club Name: APEX
Club Level: 23

Registration is currently open, so feel free to join. Alternatively, I can send you an invite.

Pena

Neo Member
I can barely hear my engine in race (depending on the car), I wish there was an option to turn down the volume of AI cars only, not affecting the other effects.
Also the track total length should be shown in the track selection.

Top Bottom