• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT2| You Can't Rush Evolution

Mabufu

Banned
Hi Rushy,

Do you have an ETA when you'll patch in and correct the low exposure/contrast issue in cockpit mode that I highlighted 2 pages back?

Been holding off playing the game until its fixed and hope it'll be a fairly quick fix.

Many thanks

That sounds like a threat... take it easy, mate.

DCS

Banned
When you preordered Driveclub you got these three 'Pre-Order edition' versions of standard cars for free.

dOYUgDe.jpg

ymm8k30.jpg

EwuPhnX.jpg

I hear that the 'Special Edition' comes with it's own livery designs for five cars but have never seen anybody using them online - I've seen the preorder cars used quite a lot. Does the special edition content have separate versions of the cars like above or is it literally just skins you can use in the livery editor?

farmerboy

10pm UK time start
Midnight EET
2pm Saturday LA - 5pm Saturday NY
9am Sunday Melbourne

This is another test run event where I plan on trying out the new way of working, circuits as well as P2P stages and basing all the tracks in a single country.

Please let me know if you want to take part as I have a maximum of 20 entries (hopefully we'll get 20 entries!).

This is a live event so you need to be online and ready in DC at the start time. You have a limited time to complete each event before the scores are taken and the next event challenge is sent out.

This is a lot of fun, completing 7 race events in a short timescale :)

Open to both GAF and none GAF / banned (Auctopus/Postcyberpunk ;-) - if you can't let me know on here that you want to join then message me on PSN.

If there's room I'd like to take part. Thanks.

MMaRsu

Hi Rushy,

Do you have an ETA when you'll patch in and correct the low exposure/contrast issue in cockpit mode that I highlighted 2 pages back?

Been holding off playing the game until its fixed and hope it'll be a fairly quick fix.

Many thanks

Wasnt that fixed un the new update?

Denur

Got home and checked my sent challenges, and found none. I'm sure that I send at least one quite a few weeks ago. Tried to send another to an alter ego on my friends list, but was not able to: the friends list remains empty and the search for a person also yields nothing. Only the members list shows any entries. Is this a known problem?

Rushy

Got home and checked my sent challenges, and found none. I'm sure that I send at least one quite a few weeks ago. Tried to send another to an alter ego on my friends list, but was not able to: the friends list remains empty and the search for a person also yields nothing. Only the members list shows any entries. Is this a known problem?
The Sent/Expired Challenges only shows recent challenges from the past few weeks, its not an exhaustive history.

Friends list is populating with no problems here. I'd suggest rebooting DRIVECLUB or PS4 and see whether that resolves the problem you're having.

#answered by Rushy#

Denur

The Sent/Expired Challenges only shows recent challenges from the past few weeks, its not an exhaustive history.

Friends list is populating with no problems here. I'd suggest rebooting DRIVECLUB or PS4 and see whether that resolves the problem you're having.
Restarting PS4 and game did the trick. Cheers!

UV-6

My unbeatable trophy hasn't unlocked after winning my 5th solo challenge (with at least one other attempt). Anyone had this issue?

Ranger X

Looks like to me its the new effect for "tainted windows" that has been added.
Like not a lighting bug but a new feature. Looking through tainted windows makes it more dark. + inside the car more dark. The way to add this effect easily is the change some post-processing effects --- wich seems to happen here.
Just a shitty and useless addition instead of fixing real stuff.

Looks like to me its the new effect for "tainted windows" that has been added.
Like not a lighting bug but a new feature. Looking through tainted windows makes it more dark. + inside the car more dark. The way to add this effect easily is the change some post-processing effects --- wich seems to happen here.
Just a shitty and useless addition instead of fixing real stuff.

No because you can see each time he switches the camera (even to views outside the interior) the image still dims back down. It's definitely a bug.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
I passed the semi pro trophy today! Still really enjoying this. I dread to think how many hours I've been playing for.

I hope there's a later re release with all of the DLC. Hopefully by then reviewers might be a bit kinder and the game might get a few more sales. It really does deserve them.

Just had a quick mess about with the DeZir after pretty much dismissing it when released and now I have got the hang of it the car is really fun. Unintuitive but just keep accelerating and it starts to come together.

Just had a quick mess about with the DeZir after pretty much dismissing it when released and now I have got the hang of it the car is really fun. Unintuitive but just keep accelerating and it starts to come together.

The DeZir is my go to car in the sports class - it's the quickest in a straight line, you just have to look out for it trying to kill you if you make the mistake of freewheeling in it!

Ted

DHC-Shannow, racing clean for just those few corners with you was a breath of fresh air. I have no idea how you got past those punters so slickly starting from the back, I was stuck behind two for the best part of a lap! Top racing man. :)

Is Kobago the new Japan track? If so, thumbs up. Flows beautifully.

I noticed as well that team races (and time trials) are labelled on the event screen, has this always been the case? If not, nice addition. I tend to avoid team races (it's a bit of a distraction and the blue dots on the track map are a little hard to see on the pale background) unless it's a track I like or want to try so it's super-nice to be forewarned.

DHC-Shannow, racing clean for just those few corners with you was a breath of fresh air. I have no idea how you got past those punters so slickly starting from the back, I was stuck behind two for the best part of a lap! Top racing man. :)

Is Kobago the new Japan track? If so, thumbs up. Flows beautifully.

I noticed as well that team races (and time trials) are labelled on the event screen, has this always been the case? If not, nice addition. I tend to avoid team races (it's a bit of a distraction and the blue dots on the track map are a little hard to see on the pale background) unless it's a track I like or want to try so it's super-nice to be forewarned.

Ha cheers bud :) It was good following you for a while there, nice to see someone actually taking the correct line and not battering the barriers on those hairpins! That was the only race I did on the reverse track so dunno if it was just the guys we were on with or if the track lends itself to that kind of abuse that way around. Had some brilliant races in the hypers in the opposite direction though, just waiting for the first vid to upload now.

They've always had labels on the events :) I don't really notice when it's a team event these days, never seems to change how people behave towards you even if their on your team.

Here's the vid of a fantastic race I had around Kobago against a couple of randoms who were excellent clean drivers :)

http://youtu.be/bts8k1Oa53w

Th first couple of laps weren't the greatest on my part (only 3rd time I'd driven the track and I kept cocking up on the double apex left hander) but those last 2 laps were brilliant, I especially like the audacity of Trouble2000 to come back around the outside of me after I'd finally passed him! Can't wait for private servers so we can have more races like this.

v1lla21

Here's the vid of a fantastic race I had around Kobago against a couple of randoms who were excellent clean drivers :)

http://youtu.be/bts8k1Oa53w

Th first couple of laps weren't the greatest on my part (only 3rd time I'd driven the track and I kept cocking up on the double apex left hander) but those last 2 laps were brilliant, I especially like the audacity of Trouble2000 to come back around the outside of me after I'd finally passed him! Can't wait for private servers so we can have more races like this.
Great race! Trouble did a good job of blocking you from passing him. Lol. Most of my favorite races were the ones that I didn't end up winning. Some of the best fun I've had in games.

Top Bottom