• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT2| You Can't Rush Evolution

10pm UK time start
Midnight EET
2pm Saturday LA - 5pm Saturday NY
9am Sunday Melbourne

This is another test run event where I plan on trying out the new way of working, circuits as well as P2P stages and basing all the tracks in a single country.

Please let me know if you want to take part as I have a maximum of 20 entries (hopefully we'll get 20 entries!).

This is a live event so you need to be online and ready in DC at the start time. You have a limited time to complete each event before the scores are taken and the next event challenge is sent out.

This is a lot of fun, completing 7 race events in a short timescale :)

Open to both GAF and none GAF / banned (Auctopus/Postcyberpunk ;-) - if you can't let me know on here that you want to join then message me on PSN.

I'm in!

leng jai

Because they patch in a shit load of good changes, some things obviously have an undesired effect. The good news is that Evo tend to listen to people, it was GAF I believe that found the gamma issue in the first place and Evo responded. Now it's been pointed out again they are doing the same again. Sorry, but what more can you ask for from a development team?

I know some teams that I'm pretty certain are bigger than Evo that have left in game breaking bugs for the lifetime of the game. (BF4 - Single player save game corruption)

Great news, game is getting better and better, although I do wish that the UK got the updates at the same times as the other regions.

Yeah it's great that they're so good at listening and fixing things but it's still baffling to me how many glaring omissions and flaws that keep popping up. I mean the game launched the much vaunted weather update with basically non working audio.

Siegmeyer

10pm UK time start
Midnight EET
9am Sunday Melbourne

This is another test run event where I plan on trying out the new way of working, circuits as well as P2P stages and basing all the tracks in a single country.

Please let me know if you want to take part as I have a maximum of 20 entries (hopefully we'll get 20 entries!).

This is a live event so you need to be online and ready in DC at the start time. You have a limited time to complete each event before the scores are taken and the next event challenge is sent out.

Open to both GAF and none GAF / banned (Auctopus/Postcyberpunk ;-) - if you can't let me know on here that you want to join then message me on PSN.

In.

jugo

Neo Member
Add the following peeps on PSN, these are some of the active posters in here. You'll receive challenge invites from us which are the most addicting part of the game

Weak_Spot
CJ_SPARTA
NIBZY
viveksundaram
DHC-Shannow
zeroskater18 (me)
Unknown_Hero
Anthonynputson
Lukas_Japonicus
DidntKnowJack
krioto

Then add the Driveclub-GAF account and check its friend list if you're looking for more. Though keep in mind that some of the people on there may no longer be playing

Heads up. Adding all of you to get some more DC players on my friend list. Hopefully that will keep me away from TLOU.

lordxar

10pm UK time start
Midnight EET
9am Sunday Melbourne

Lol at the times...I am sorted out now :) Thanks though. Definitely in.

The new track is very fun. Lots of smooth bends. I especially like the long right hand bend after the paddy fields. Great fun to drift around that in the rain.

Ted

[rant]

There are so many fucking must-win-at-all-costs-no-track-awareness punters playing this game online!

I don't really care when one of the slow usual suspects line up a rear ender on the first corner of the first lap because once the race is up and running they'll inevitably end up as an also ran chasing the pack and never catching up but when someone who is pretty fast and who could have had a good proper race does it... it makes me fucking grr.

I was racing online last night and worked my way cleanly through the pack from the back of the grid round Chunky Vera Lake. First and second were a good margin ahead but over two laps I slowly wound them in as they (presumably) shunted and punted their way round slowing each other down (they must have been because I am far from quick!).

At the second left hander of the third lap they both braked way too late ploughing wide so I tucked my car neatly onto the inside and ran right past both of them getting a lead of two or three car lengths. I maintained this lead until the long, tight left hander with barrels on the outside edge and a really wide approach to it. Knowing full well I would get rear ended or side swiped at this turn I moved as far left to the inside as I could, planning on rolling off the throttle, braking early and letting them take the optimum line so they wouldn't stick it up the inside and lean on me through the bend. Given the wide entry there was so much room to get around me but no. Oh no. No-no-no-no no...

Instead of using all that lovely room I'd considerately left them, the driver muppet behind followed me, zero'd in on my rear bumper and simple pushed me straight past the apex and into the barrels on the other side of the track giving him a nice easy drive off the bend and letting the driver in third drive straight through to an unassailable five second lead.

Just how rampantly unaware, stupid or malicious do you have to be to do something like that? What's the point? They cost themselves a place and even the place they did gain wasn't actually won anyway so what satisfaction could it possibly give?

The quicker that proper, browsable, hosted lobbies get here the better!

[/rant]

10pm UK time start

It's Saturday night so I doubt I'll be on in time but if I am I'll drop you a [PSN] message. Is it possible to join half way through?

10pm UK time start
Midnight EET
9am Sunday Melbourne

I'm up for that, AbandonedTrolley (i'll be shockingly poor, but a clean driver)

CozMick

Banned
10pm UK time start
Midnight EET
9am Sunday Melbourne

I'm in. I'll be half asleep but i'll be ready.

Jimrpg

nib95

Banned
did a single-lap race on the new track with the Venom against a full field on Legend difficulty

tried to race as clean as possible from the cockpit and place 1st, but it's rough to do in one lap with the way the AI drives the track

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dvk35PWupxc

Great race dude. I like how you got in the lead with only one corner remaining!

Thanks! The closest i got before beating it was 1:16.384, which turned out to be a fluke and i was struggling to even get a time under 1:17.000 in subsequent attempts. Then i found this guide and beat the challenge shortly after:

https://boingbb.wordpress.com/2014/11/29/driveclub-how-to-beat-the-venom-hot-lap-tour-event/

Maybe it will help you too.

Just wanted to chime in and say that this was a very well done guide. For anyone who hasn't done the Venom Hot lap yet, check out the guide above.

Ranger X

[rant]

There are so many fucking must-win-at-all-costs-no-track-awareness punters playing this game online!

I don't really care when one of the slow usual suspects line up a rear ender on the first corner of the first lap because once the race is up and running they'll inevitably end up as an also ran chasing the pack and never catching up but when someone who is pretty fast and who could have had a good proper race does it... it makes me fucking grr.

I was racing online last night and worked my way cleanly through the pack from the back of the grid round Chunky Vera Lake. First and second were a good margin ahead but over two laps I slowly wound them in as they (presumably) shunted and punted their way round slowing each other down (they must have been because I am far from quick!).

At the second left hander of the third lap they both braked way too late ploughing wide so I tucked my car neatly onto the inside and ran right past both of them getting a lead of two or three car lengths. I maintained this lead until the long, tight left hander with barrels on the outside edge and a really wide approach to it. Knowing full well I would get rear ended or side swiped at this turn I moved as far left to the inside as I could, planning on rolling off the throttle, braking early and letting them take the optimum line so they wouldn't stick it up the inside and lean on me through the bend. Given the wide entry there was so much room to get around me but no. Oh no. No-no-no-no no...

Instead of using all that lovely room I'd considerately left them, the driver muppet behind followed me, zero'd in on my rear bumper and simple pushed me straight past the apex and into the barrels on the other side of the track giving him a nice easy drive off the bend and letting the driver in third drive straight through to an unassailable five second lead.

Just how rampantly unaware, stupid or malicious do you have to be to do something like that? What's the point? They cost themselves a place and even the place they did gain wasn't actually won anyway so what satisfaction could it possibly give?

The quicker that proper, browsable, hosted lobbies get here the better!

[/rant]

It's Saturday night so I doubt I'll be on in time but if I am I'll drop you a [PSN] message. Is it possible to join half way through?

This is what the single player teaches. I would always expect people in multiplayer reflects what the game forms the player in single. The game is arcade-like "bomb through it if you want to the starts" in 2 laps style madness. The multi will be no different.

A simulation game that would teaches you to be constant over 10 laps would have a completely different multiplayer. I remember my days in TOCA 2 and 3 for instance. Best online racing i've lived through my life with passion and sportmanship imbued players.

Would love to get involved mate but I can only do 9pm onwards 8(

I *might* be able to do something for you at 9 if you can't do 10pm bud - might mean we all get to race against your ghost in the main event :)

I can copy you in on the challenges so you can have a go even if you not competing in the overall event.

This is what the single player teaches. I would always expect people in multiplayer reflects what the game forms the player in single. The game is arcade-like "bomb through it if you want to the starts" in 2 laps style madness. The multi will be no different.

A simulation game that would teaches you to be constant over 10 laps would have a completely different multiplayer. I remember my days in TOCA 2 and 3 for instance. Best online racing i've lived through my life with passion and sportmanship imbued players.

I don't believe this is the case, we all played the same single player game and we don't all drive like twats. Some people just couldn't care less what anyone else's experience of the game is and will do whatever they can not to concede or to regain a position.

I've got some vids I've been meaning to upload for a couple of days showing the vast differences your opposition make to a race. I had an amazing close and clean race with 3 other drivers in Caterham super lights around salary de surire of all places - and then I have a race around AHR which is nice and wide where it's seems everyone wants a piece of me.

image.jpg

Great response guys, there's a couple of provisionals on there but potentially only 8 places left!

Sirenty

10pm UK time start
Midnight EET
9am Sunday Melbourne

I'm not real good at one-off laps, but I'd like to join if there is still room (and my daughter cooperates).

JP

Still loving the game and although I've won the final I have loads of stars to win but I'm going to be so disappointed in the summer if we don't get any more DLC. I would happily pay for another season although I'd prefer if they did that or worked more extensively on the engine for the inevitable sequel.

Although very controversial at first this game may well have been the most fun I've had this generation so far.

Shaneus

I'd love to join in the rally but I very much doubt I'll be around to participate :( Can't wait to see how it pans out, though.

Hopefully someone can do some recording/uploading too!

thectzn

Neo Member
Hit level 50 last night and I've barely made it through the first tour (still missing a few stars). There is so much to do in this game between MP, tours, challenges, etc. Can't get enough...

Time to buckle down and grind through the tour events!

Gojeran

Slowly making my way through the main tour. 196 stars as of tonight. Getting better but this game demands a lot at the higher levels. Driver lv 39 I think. Trying to learn cockpit style driving but I race best in 1st person or hood cam so far. I like cockpit for the immersion but nothing beats 1st for sense of speed, jesus it's fast!

Of course I made a general statement. There's always someone with good sportmanship in all games, even the worse ones.

Yeah I just don't see the single player changing how people play online, I think those same guys will drive the same way unless the game prevents them from doing so. Incidentally I think I saw some of the improvements the patch changed online last night -

I was rear ended at very high speed at the chicane on SKNO, heard the crash but the guy went straight through me as a ghost. Unfortunately I didn't capture this vid for some reason.

I also noticed people suddenly ghost when they made a mistake and stuffed the car into a barrier on the inside of a bend.

I still got bashed about a fair bit as people tried to stop me passing but it did seem to be a bit smoother.

Drifters

So....

I hate to be the wet towel.... but boy this latest update seems really bad.

HDR lighting I think we all know is broken. Sucks.
I'm getting mad pop in on pretty much all courses now which sucks since everything was sooooo smooth.

Flip side is server stability for challenges seems a lot more stable and the new JPN course is nice (esp. at night!).

Hopefully the HDR issues and pop in get fixed here soon.

drotahorror

I have a question about the Contender trophy...

If I send out a challenge and win it, wouldn't that be the same?

Also, if I send out 5 challenges and they aren't attempted will that count towards the Unbeatable trophy?

I dunno, just want to platinum the game all the sudden and it looks like those 2 are gonna be tough if I can't exploit them (since I suck).

I have a question about the Contender trophy...

If I send out a challenge and win it, wouldn't that be the same?

Also, if I send out 5 challenges and they aren't attempted will that count towards the Unbeatable trophy?

I dunno, just want to platinum the game all the sudden and it looks like those 2 are gonna be tough if I can't exploit them (since I suck).

You need at least 1 other attempt on your challenges to get the unbeatable trophy.

If you want to send 5 challenges to me (zeroskater18) I will run them horribly so you can get it.

drotahorror

You need at least 1 other attempt on your challenges to get the unbeatable trophy.

If you want to send 5 challenges to me (zeroskater18) I will run them horribly so you can get it.

Thanks man, I'll send you a friend request. I'll just do 5 drifts, since they're quick.

And sent. I left it at 24 hour challenge window. Will this let me get the Contender trophy as well? It's strange wording to me. Thanks again.

Hi Rushy,

Do you have an ETA when you'll patch in and correct the low exposure/contrast issue in cockpit mode that I highlighted 2 pages back?

Been holding off playing the game until its fixed and hope it'll be a fairly quick fix.

Many thanks

Top Bottom