• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT2| You Can't Rush Evolution

Being able to see whether a challenge is locked from the friends challenges screen would be nice. Now I have to get to the challenge itself to see if it's locked.

Tommi84

Just read the patch updates again and:

» Changes to drift scoring: to ensure that you are rewarded for momentum, control and staying on the track in drift zones.

Yes, yes, yes! I hope it means that doing 180deg turn will not give you more points than driving nicely. Focus made also on "the faster you go=the more points during drift you earn" and not leaving the track is also nice :).

I can drift when patch goes live :)

v1lla21

Just read the patch updates again and:

Yes, yes, yes! I hope it means that doing 180deg turn will not give you more points than driving nicely. Focus made also on "the faster you go=the more points during drift you earn" and not leaving the track is also nice :).

I can drift when patch goes live :)
Yup. That's why I'm so happy with the patch. If it were me, people would lose points for crashing or going off of the track.

I'm guessing the drift changes won't rescind the high scores that are already on the leaderboard, but hopefully it'll fix any future challenges at least

I've just played my first online race since i got the game and i was wondering if there is any time compensation for starting further back in the grid. The race was pretty bad regarding the other racers' conduct, i don't mind trading some paint, but people seem to go out of their way to push you off, which i guess is par for the course in online games with randoms.

Anyway, there was this situation where a guy from my team tried to push me off the track in the last 1/3 of the final lap, which caused me to lose some speed, but somehow i still managed to catch up and overtake him in a photo finish. I was all "Fuck yeah!", which changed to a "WTF?" when the results screen said that i came in almost 1,3 seconds after him. The only explanation i could think of was that it had something to do with him starting further back than me. Here's a clip of it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ae1VQhbwFs0

Or is this just really bad lag and he actually finished before me on his screen?

Jezbollah

Good lord this game is so fucking frustrating sometimes. In fact, often.

I was just doing the Elements -> Evantra GP when I went offline, wallrode for a few feet, got sandwiched when I hit a signpost and somehow the game brought me to a dead spot and spun me around twice in a standstill. This was a few corners from the finish, and went from first to last.

It's this, and other janky moments while playing this game that I have such low confidence while playing. I almost feel that the game is going to do something stupid and then It'll ruin whatever I'm doing. I often have a great sigh of relief when I cross the finish line and something strange hasnt happened. And the less said about the AI the better..

/rantover

GreedZen

Banned
Not a fan of yet again another Corvette that is so similar. Why not the brand new badass 2015 Z06 instead? Anyway, time for some other american muscle cars; Mustangs, Challengers, Camaro's, etc and time for some japanese cars; GTR, Evo, Honda Type R's, Lexus LFA, Subaru's, etc. I am stupid excited though for the Jag F Type, that is my realistic dream car.

Design wise the 2014 Corvette Stingray already released as DLC is close enough to the 2015 vette; so it'd basically be a dupe as well.

desu

Tried the second Venom hot lap challange, damn it's a lot of fun as well!

At least I got around to finally earn some points for the club :).

I've just played my first online race since i got the game and i was wondering if there is any time compensation for starting further back in the grid. The race was pretty bad regarding the other racers' conduct, i don't mind trading some paint, but people seem to go out of their way to push you off, which i guess is par for the course in online games with randoms.

Anyway, there was this situation where a guy from my team tried to push me off the track in the last 1/3 of the final lap, which caused me to lose some speed, but somehow i still managed to catch up and overtake him in a photo finish. I was all "Fuck yeah!", which changed to a "WTF?" when the results screen said that i came in almost 1,3 seconds after him. The only explanation i could think of was that it had something to do with him starting further back than me. Here's a clip of it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ae1VQhbwFs0

Or is this just really bad lag and he actually finished before me on his screen?

It is a lag thing but it is fair too - not everyone starts at exactly the same time - play a bit more online and you often see cars not starting or reacting slowly. The final results however go by the time is takes you to finish from when you actually have control (the timer always resets to zero when you start) so you do get these events where positions switch on the final scoreboard.

I know Rushy reads this thread so hopefully he sees this request.

At the moment we can have Face-Offs 'Off' or 'On', but I'd love to have an option to just have Face-Offs for Friends on. I really couldn't care less whether I beat or fail to beat some randoms cornering line or average speed. I don't know if they are rubbish at the game, one of the world's best or letting their toddler have a go on their account. It means nothing to me and I just ignore them.

However, when I approach a DHC-Shannow cornering line for example, I find myself trying to beat it, or at least use it as a yardstick to measure how well that corner can be taken. I've never spoken to him/her, but somehow it feels a lot more personal and meaningful. Same goes for any Driveclub GAFfers on my friends list. It enhances that feeling of community even though none of them are in my club.

I know you get extra fame for beating Face-Offs, but I stopped caring about fame points once I'd unlocked the Gumpert. They were just a means to an end and it's just a meaningless number now.

I believe the face offs automatically select the nearest friend above your score (unless the gap is massive) however if your number of friends who've played the event is small then you just get randoms most of the time.i realised when I sent those performance car challenges out that I now have 68 Driveclub friends (!) and I still get random Faceoffs now and then but most of the time they are plucked from my friends list. It would be quite nice to have a friends only mode tho with rankings to show how your doing....

It is a lag thing but it is fair too - not everyone starts at exactly the same time - play a bit more online and you often see cars not starting or reacting slowly. The final results however go by the time is takes you to finish from when you actually have control (the timer always resets to zero when you start) so you do get these events where positions switch on the final scoreboard.

Thanks for the explanation, makes sense. Still a shame about that photo finish though. :)

I believe the face offs automatically select the nearest friend above your score (unless the gap is massive) however if your number of friends who've played the event is small then you just get randoms most of the time.i realised when I sent those performance car challenges out that I now have 68 Driveclub friends (!) and I still get random Faceoffs now and then but most of the time they are plucked from my friends list. It would be quite nice to have a friends only mode tho with rankings to show how your doing....

Speaking of which, I just ran through all of those challenges.

What ended up being fastest? Looked like the RUF to me

lordxar

I don't get the Vette dupe complaints. Their similar in body style sure but I put the Stingray up against the ZR1 and their night and day in speed and handling. Honestly the ZR1 feels like a much, much more superior car. Now the next one isn't here to compare but it should be better than the ZR1. If anything blame Chevy for making it all look the same. Shrug.

DasRaven

Really liking the new updates.

The Koenigsegg one:1 and Ferrari F50 are amazing additions to the garage. Shame that they've gone for another similar car in the Corvette again.

It really is weird that we haven't had a single Bugatti Veyron yet or even a Lamborghini. They are essentially staples in every decent racing game and we've yet to get them in even DLC. I can only assume it is a licencing issue which would be extremely odd.

I'm cautiously optimistic that the Huracan and Aventador are on the way, if they don't show up, I'll be big disappointment in an otherwise excellent game. I'm also desperately waiting for the Ruf 3800S.

Speaking of which, I just ran through all of those challenges.

What ended up being fastest? Looked like the RUF to me

At the mo the FF is fastest then RGT and Exige (all within 4 tenths) and the GTS is nearly a second behind. Are there any other cars peeps would like to throw in the mix to compare?

At the end of the day I guess it's not which of them is out right quickest that matters, it's which one you personally can drive the best.

Incidentally, has anyone else noticed the line that Redcommao takes into the first bend is very different to the Faceoff line? I've thought for a while that the Faceoff lines are the ideal theoretical line and not necessarily the quickest for every car.

Thanks for the explanation, makes sense. Still a shame about that photo finish though. :)

Yeah I've had a few incredibly tight finishes and been celebrating a victory only to feel robbed when the scoreboard appears! The worst thing about having a delayed start though is it often drops you right into the middle of the pack which makes it damn hard to get a quick clean race.

At the mo the FF is fastest then RGT and Exige (all within 4 tenths) and the GTS is nearly a second behind. Are there any other cars peeps would like to throw in the mix to compare?

At the end of the day I guess it's not which of them is out right quickest that matters, it's which one you personally can drive the best.

Incidentally, has anyone else noticed the line that Redcommao takes into the first bend is very different to the Faceoff line? I've thought for a while that the Faceoff lines are the ideal theoretical line and not necessarily the quickest for every car.

Yeah I noticed he takes a much more inside approach, I tried to match it but I found I always had better results myself starting more outside.

That said I often find face-off lines are not always the fastest

VinFTW

Hey guys, new to the thread, so apologizing in advance for common knowledge:

I want a racing game to tide me over till FM6 since I've pretty much 100% FH2.

This game seems amazing after all the GAF impressions. I'm wondering, any good deals? Is digital worth it? Good deals for digital?

I want to grab the game for 20$-$30. (all I have).

Any help is much appreciated.

thectzn

Neo Member
Can't get enough of this game. I'm not very good whatsoever, but these challenges are still a blast to attempt. I purchased my PS4 on Black Friday along with several other games (TLOU, GTA V, Wolfenstein, Metro Redux), and the only game I've taken out of the plastic packaging to play has been DriveClub. I'm hooked.

The tours, MP, challenges, etc. are all fantastic. DC + the Season Pass was money well spent.

Yeah, I pretty much get you all the time :p

I believe if you're in MP it also goes to those also in the same MP event after trying to find friends, and then goes to randoms.

airjoca

Couldn't access the headset profile even with my US account, had to delete the companion app and re-download it from the US store, that works.

Ranger X

Gooooooood.

End of drifting abuse? I hope yes. 'Cause that will make much higher in the leaderboards for sure. lol

So what are the new rules Rushy?

- The more speed to more points
- Off track = losing the points?
- Diverging too much in the wrong direction to a certain degree = lose points? (preventing 180)

That would be perfect. I'll do some experiment

Tommi84

- The more speed to more points
- Off track = losing the points?
- Diverging too much in the wrong direction to a certain degree = lose points? (preventing 180)

I have the same feeling. This could be a new beginning for the Drift challenges ;). Just hope it could be from the beginning.

Got this a few weeks ago and I've been enjoying it ever since. PGR style handling in traditional 90's NFS style locations and tracks. Feels so refreshing in an era of open world racers. Servers still seem to have issues for me (leaderboards sometimes take minutes to load?) but it has no real impact on my enjoyment of this game. It is so great when you nail perfect laps after long periods of frustration beforehand.

Like just now, where I managed a 1:19.648 on Venom Hot Lap 2 after getting 3 stars on the first Venom hot lap a few days ago. I'm doing cartwheels over here. :D

Is it cheating if I had to increase the brightness of my screen to be able to see anything haha? Had to get used to driving in chase cam though as cockpit view is impossible to see out of in heavy rain so I guess it kinda equalled out :)

A tip for anyone still stuck on it: attack the final sector. You can be 3 or 4 tenths off after sector 2 but if you nail a fast slide in the final turn you'll gain half a second at least!

Seeing as I've only 100%ed the main tour and Elements, am I expecting any challenges more difficult than those 2 hot laps in the other DLC tours?

Goldrusher

Haven't found a higher res version.
Here you go:

16046488482_a155e61d02_o.png

Where is the double fame points thing? I have driven events and races, but can't seem to find any indication of doubling points.

The double fame events have a yellow icon on the top right (and say double fame on them IIRC ;-) It is online only y'know?

Yeah, I pretty much get you all the time :p

I believe if you're in MP it also goes to those also in the same MP event after trying to find friends, and then goes to randoms.

Yeah I get you, Auctopus and Vagabone in mine :)

And yep your right about the mp opponents.

lordxar

New challenge idea, at least I don't recall it being mentioned before, but a points challenge. You run a track and do the corners, speed, and drifts and get a time. To beat the challenge you have to meet or beat the time and beat the cornering, time, and/or drifting scores. Not total points they got on the track just the ones with blue, yellow, or orange. This probably needs a better working back end though. Once the objectives are set by the creator they would need to be the same for everyone. Ideally they would be a random mix for the creator so we don't just memorize each tracks event locations. I'm thinking that would be a bit more competetive than straight up times.

New challenge idea, at least I don't recall it being mentioned before, but a points challenge. You run a track and do the corners, speed, and drifts and get a time. To beat the challenge you have to meet or beat the time and beat the cornering, time, and/or drifting scores. Not total points they got on the track just the ones with blue, yellow, or orange. This probably needs a better working back end though. Once the objectives are set by the creator they would need to be the same for everyone. Ideally they would be a random mix for the creator so we don't just memorize each tracks event locations. I'm thinking that would be a bit more competetive than straight up times.

I like this idea :) It would mean you'd need to master all the skills (I must admit my drifting ability is pretty limited). How would the scoreboard work though if you can't use the total score? I might beat you on average speed and cornering line but lose the drifting faceoff...

lordxar

I like this idea :) It would mean you'd need to master all the skills (I must admit my drifting ability is pretty limited). How would the scoreboard work though if you can't use the total score? I might beat you on average speed and cornering line but lose the drifting faceoff...

Hmm...reverse player count for scores? Say three events and two participants. I set each and get two points each for six points. So you top me on two but lose one so now you get five points and I get four. I'd say beating the track time gets another set of points. Not sure how that would scale but in theory... :)

Edit: ooh could even do club challenges the same way but make them cummulative so every member contributes.

Here you go:

16046488482_a155e61d02_o.png

There are extra tours up to August 2015? Damn, I thought the last two tours were due this month. I just plat'ed the game this past week and completed all the tours (though I'm short a couple of stars on each). Looks like I'll be playing this game well into the year, it'll continue to be my favourite racer for quite a while yet!

viveks86

There are extra tours up to August 2015? Damn, I thought the last two tours were due this month. I just plat'ed the game this past week and completed all the tours (though I'm short a couple of stars on each). Looks like I'll be playing this game well into the year, it'll continue to be my favourite racer for quite a while yet!

Nope. This was clarified in the previous page:

Sorry dude. Asia's release cycle is 1 week behind, so everything shows up 1 month later. Notice how the season pass in Asia starts in December and not November.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
Is there a list of PSN ids that are still actively playing this game?

I'm strongly considering getting the season pass and would like to see how I stack up. :p

fritzo

So its Double XP weekend on DC Multiplayer. This should mean good things for their servers right? I'm seeing a lot of peeps online.
B955qBIIcAArexW.jpg

CozMick

Banned
So its Double XP weekend on DC Multiplayer. This should mean good things for their servers right? I'm seeing a lot of peeps online.
B955qBIIcAArexW.jpg

I wish there was more variety in the tracks and cars they chose for the double fame weekend, it's literally the same 4 tracks and car selection (races not including TT events)

desu

Well I had issues with downloading challanges this weekend while playing, so it's not yet working 100% yet.

Also damn, some of the Elements race conditions are insane, probably the last DLC pack I will tackle to get 45/45.

Shaneus

B955qBIIcAArexW.jpg
Oh, the double fame wasn't for all events, just a selection? I had no idea... I just tried to do a few career events and wondered why my fame hadn't changed at all.

Top Bottom