• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT2| You Can't Rush Evolution

xrnzaaas

As usual I finished the new tours with a slight delay. :) Really enjoyed both of them. I fell in love with all the Lamborghini models except for Huracan. I also liked how the Pacesetter tour was a little bit more challenging if you wanted to fight for all three stars in its events. I'm not a big fan of the looks of the Onyx Concept, but I must admit it's one of the easiest and fastest cars in the game.

IKizzLE

FYI, the gap in times between the veveno and the apollo enraged is quite great.
So, you can imagine the gaps in times for the veveno and others cars are greater. If I was to break it down some more based on lap times within the hyper class, it would look like this....

Koenigsegg One:1

Hennessey Venom GT

Pagani Zonda R
Mclaren P1 (Hot Lap)
Mclaren F1 LM

Koenigsegg Agera R
Mclaren P1
Gumpert Apollo Enraged

Ferrari 599XX Evolutionize
Lamborghini Veveno
Peugot Onyx

Pagani Huayra
W Motors Lykan Hypersport
Jaguar C-X75

Ferrari Enzo

Ruf CTR3 ClubSport

Each gap represents a significant difference in overall lap times. So the veveno is pretty much locked in that place, no matter what times people start running. And after using it online a lot, it makes sense. It doesn't have the acceleration to compete.

PS. The Mclaren P1 is in the same tier as the F1 LM and Zonda R if you are doing individual laps with full boost. In actual race times, it is in the Koenigssegg/Gumpert tier, which is represented above.

FYI, the gap in times between the veveno and the apollo enraged is quite great.
So, you can imagine the gaps in times for the veveno and others cars are greater. If I was to break it down some more based on lap times within the hyper class, it would look like this....

Hennessey Venom GT

Pagani Zonda R
Mclaren P1 (Hot Lap)
Mclaren F1 LM

Koenigsegg Agera R
Mclaren P1
Gumpert Apollo Enraged

Lamborghini Veveno
Peugot Onyx

Pagani Huayra
Jaguar C-X75

Ferrari Enzo

Ruf CTR3 ClubSport

Each gap represents a significant difference in overall lap times. So the veveno is pretty much locked in that place, no matter what times people start running. And after using it online a lot, it makes sense. It doesn't have the acceleration to compete.

PS. The Mclaren P1 is in the same tier as the F1 LM and Zonda R if you are doing individual laps with full boost. In actual race times, it is in the Koenigssegg/Gumpert tier, which is represented above.
What are you using to rank? One track from leaderboards or your own times or many different tracks?

Trolley, I saw that your friend requested to join, so I gave him a spot. Will he play much, you think?

Oh, figured I'd ask here first: Anyone want a Digital code for Interstellar?

eFKac

God damnit, after FW 2.50 or the latest DC patch, the broken pre order liveries started to pop up in notifications with a failed download info :-/

Anyone else having this issues? Any way to fix it?

IKizzLE

What are you using to rank? One track from leaderboards or your own times or many different tracks?

Cayoosh Point
Sinclair Pass
Putre
Chungara Lake
Autodromo 2
Munnar
Tamul Nadu
Nakasendo
Skjolden
Wester Ross

Fastest laps from the leaderboard across a mix of short, medium, and long tracks. Add up all the times from those tracks and average them out. For the P1, I had to do a little bit more leg work and find total race time compared with some of its hyper car counterparts because the hot lap times for the P1 arent realistic. (You get a full boost to use every lap)

Trolley, I saw that your friend requested to join, so I gave him a spot. Will he play much, you think?

Oh, figured I'd ask here first: Anyone want a Digital code for Interstellar?

Dude I'll take it please I've been wanting to watch that badly but I didn't want to watch a cam version. If you would like that is..

desu

Finally was able to finish the Elements tour with all stars. I remember when I got the game and the season pass and tried some of the events of it, I thought that I would never be able to finish this tour!

Only 4 DLC tours left to finish, the Pacesetter tour looks like my next big enemy. Some of the hot hatch races seem pretty hard to me.

I also tried Spotify x Driveclub today and I have to admit, I love that experience.

Season pass 2 / big expansion please come, I want more awesome months with this game!

Dude I'll take it please I've been wanting to watch that badly but I didn't want to watch a cam version. If you would like that is..

Sorry... original dude got back to me and needs it.

Before racing with Shannow tonight: two 1st place finishes; while driving with Shannow: 4th and 8th. And he was fucking streaming...

Shaneus

Yes!
Turns out the buggy was an April Fool's thing.

Edit: The YT description:
Drive like a fool this April 1st!

Boost! Cut corners! Bounce off the walls! Smash into your rivals! Drive off-track! Go crazy!

Check your garage in DRIVECLUB for this new addition today!:D

So may be limited? Or perhaps you can only race against other buggies when racing it.

mreddie

patton-bastard.jpg

Brilliant Evo.

I can't find the Buggy anywhere, what am i doing wrong?

it's in the bonus section AFTER the hyper section.

This car is trully HYPER LOL

No corner penality AND boost .

the car handle quite well

Yes!
Turns out the buggy was an April Fool's thing.

Edit: The YT description:

So may be limited? Or perhaps you can only race against other buggies when racing it.

The car is his own section so you can only race with the same car ATM.

Holy shit... It's true?! Amazing...

Let's try the GAF session again this Friday at 12PM EST. I'm pretty sure I'll have a few hours to race. Just gotta pray for good servers...

Shaneus

Honestly can't wait to get stuck into it. I love the feeling of weight transfer in some of the cars, obviously with the buggy it will be epic as shit.

*peeks around the corner*

Anyone home? :)

Wake up to my validation email this morning,so i can now join in the fun instead of watch from the outside!

iotkyj.gif

NeoRausch

The buggy is a great freak addition. Super fun to drive and awesome from first person (still a wide view).

Now that we have an extra class for special vehicles... Are we getting more later on?

I really like the Gallardo a lot... feel like the nailed the controls and sound, and the model. Sound could be a little more throaty... even from the rear, it sounds high like an intake a bit. But more throaty than the other Lambos and it has a nice backfire crackle too (Huracan's is such a pop). Fun to drive, too... I find the Huracan understeering a bit hahaha just like in real life ;p especially when the brakes cause understeer as you veer on an incline, I've found myself sliding into corners more than I'm used to on the 720-4... takes some time to get used to it.

Love how unique they're able to make each car and track.... that's really what makes Challenges and Time Trials so addicting for me. Every single new car and track is a little mini-game of learning nuances to just shave off that extra second or two.

Foshy

hahahaha the Wombat is great. Even has the boost from the Motorstorm games. I was kinda hoping it would explode when you use up the boost completely :p

*peeks around the corner*

Anyone home? :)

Wake up to my validation email this morning,so i can now join in the fun instead of watch from the outside!

iotkyj.gif

Welcome aboard bud! Glad to see you finally got in, how long was your wait?

Just sent you all a Wombat buggy club challenge! Goshodaira hot lap. The things a riot!

Nice one :) Can't wait to get home and try this thing out!

I was twitch streaming last night and had this fantastic race against DJW - I had the perfect start and was comfortable until I saw it was him behind me, cracked under the pressure and lost my 4 second lead. We were neck and neck after that - if you watch the vid you can see he brakes earlier than me to get a better drive out of the corner, but I'd nip in front and slow him down! Great piece of sportsmanship at the end there too, you won't see many guys as gracious online! (AnythingBut is tho)

http://youtu.be/LLnl7f7bnm8

nib95

Banned
Welcome aboard bud! Glad to see you finally got in, how long was your wait?

Nice one :) Can't wait to get home and try this thing out!

I was twitch streaming last night and had this fantastic race against DJW - I had the perfect start and was comfortable until I saw it was him behind me, cracked under the pressure and lost my 4 second lead. We were neck and neck after that - if you watch the vid you can see he brakes earlier than me to get a better drive out of the corner, but I'd nip in front and slow him down! Great piece of sportsmanship at the end there too, you won't see many guys as gracious online! (AnythingBut is tho)

http://youtu.be/LLnl7f7bnm8

Quality race. Can't believe how many times you guys traded places. Really sportsman like of him at the end, love his little finish line drift too lol.

Forever :)

Download it and show your support for MotorStorm, even if you don't have DRIVECLUB!

Get Sony to show their support and let you make another? ;) Or a nice offroad/rally expansion for DC. Honestly this engine needs to be used in more racers, the way you keep adding extra little graphical effects with no hit to frame rate shows what great work you've done with it all.

kie25

https://youtu.be/TBb8KiWDsOY

Here is the lap for the challenge DHC-Shannow came up with, I've used the weakest Hyper car, it is by no means a ultimate lap as I think it was my 7-8th lap or something. But any hyper car can be used to try beat the lap it's a 1.25.1
Have Fun :)

https://youtu.be/TBb8KiWDsOY

Here is the lap for the challenge DHC-Shannow came up with, I've used the weakest Hyper car, it is by no means a ultimate lap as I think it was my 7-8th lap or something. But any hyper car can be used to try beat the lap it's a 1.25.1
Have Fun :)

OK so using IKizzLE's Hyper list, lets see who can beat the Stig with the lowest rated car :) So it's Sinclair Pass at 12 with no precipitation or cloud cover?

Hennessey Venom GT

Pagani Zonda R
Mclaren P1 (Hot Lap)
Mclaren F1 LM

Koenigsegg Agera R
Mclaren P1
Gumpert Apollo Enraged

Lamborghini Veveno
Peugot Onyx

Pagani Huayra
Jaguar C-X75

Ferrari Enzo

Ruf CTR3 ClubSport

This try,about 2 months I think.
Looking forward to trying out the buggy tonight too!

Yeah I hope there's some online events with it :)

Top Bottom