• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT2| You Can't Rush Evolution

v1lla21

Also shout out to v1lla for this dirty gem

mGpnqw.gif

:p but that was fun racing with you and farmerboy. thanks for the session
Lol :D I like how you can tell right away that that's what I was planning to do the whole time. Once I succeeded, I just drove off.

I'll upload the race with Farmerboy tomorrow. It was fun playing with y'all both.

farmerboy

Also shout out to v1lla for this dirty gem

mGpnqw.gif

:p but that was fun racing with you and farmerboy. thanks for the session

Like I said in race, it was like watching 2 ice skaters serenely slide off the tarmac into the wall. Lol. It was fun taking off the "serious shackles" and just racing no holds barred. Great to actually talk to you guys too.

educator

Bought this game at launch and keep coming back to it. A truly great automobile experience!

I have some questions that someone here might be able to answer:

1. Has the season pass ever been on sale? Any chance of it happening in the near future?

2. Will there be any new countries to drive in?

3. Odds of Evolution releasing a rally-DLC? (Would be amazing!)

As I said: not online when using the buggy. No counter at all.
No that's wrong. Offline or online, the counter is still there.

There is just no corner penalties. But you still turn invisible and the counter will still appear, but, you have to go further off-line and I think your speed also counts.

But trust me I have had it pop up many times.

The counter isn't just there to stop corner cutting, it is there to get you back into the action quickly from spin outs, glitching off track etc so that's why it has to remain in some capacity.

Argh, I really hate the Vuhl and the Vuhl Proof event.

The trick to that one, if I am remembering it correctly (Tronnerish?), is to hit the first turns and the middle left red that leads to the straightaway hard. Also, do not brake for the red flag on the uphill turn...just ease off the accelerator. You should be able to get several seconds ahead of the ghost from those.

Those yellow intial curves towards the end can be taken at speed, too.

desu

The trick to that one, if I am remembering it correctly (Tronnerish?), is to hit the first turns and the middle left red that leads to the straightaway hard. Also, do not brake for the red flag on the uphill turn...just ease off the accelerator. You should be able to get several seconds ahead of the ghost from those.

Those yellow intial curves towards the end can be taken at speed, too.

Its actually the race event that annoys me, luckily I finished the Vuhl time trial on my first try, never again!

Its actually the race event that annoys me, luckily I finished the Vuhl time trial on my first try, never again!

Ah, gotcha. One thing I wish EVO would implement is that if I get sent a challenge that is actually a tour, and beat the tour time, it should count as a completion. Sometimes I just have no desire to play it again.

Spotify on the PS4 has really motivated me to play more now with all that nice music in the background. If anyone's still looking for a decently sized club to join, PM me!

v1lla21

Like I said in race, it was like watching 2 ice skaters serenely slide off the tarmac into the wall. Lol. It was fun taking off the "serious shackles" and just racing no holds barred. Great to actually talk to you guys too.
I gotta upload the one where I took you out. Lol.

5taquitos

Just got my PS4 yesterday and Driveclub showed up in the mail as well.

Wow, it's harder than I thought it would be! It's fantastic, but I'm definitely getting my ass handed to me by early events. I wanted to jump online, but I also didn't want to be "that guy" that's knocking into everyone on the track, so I'll probably hold off for a while until I get a better hang of everything.

Loving this game!

Just got my PS4 yesterday and Driveclub showed up in the mail as well.

Wow, it's harder than I thought it would be! It's fantastic, but I'm definitely getting my ass handed to me by early events. I wanted to jump online, but I also didn't want to be "that guy" that's knocking into everyone on the track, so I'll probably hold off for a while until I get a better hang of everything.

Loving this game!

Welcome aboard the Driveclub train :) feel free to add me on PSN

Zeroskater18

Also cleaning up my friends list, will try to keep most of the posters in here that I have added but if your names don't match I might accidentally delete ya :p

Zeroskater18

Also cleaning up my friends list, will try to keep most of the posters in here that I have added but if your names don't match I might accidentally delete ya :p

This reminds me, i have sent you a FR a while ago, which you never reacted to one way or another. My PSN ID is everlong416. Feel free to add me or delete the request. :)

Bought this game at launch and keep coming back to it. A truly great automobile experience!

I have some questions that someone here might be able to answer:

1. Has the season pass ever been on sale? Any chance of it happening in the near future?

2. Will there be any new countries to drive in?

3. Odds of Evolution releasing a rally-DLC? (Would be amazing!)
1. Not that I've seen, but there's always a chance of anything going on sale.

2. They haven't said, but I wouldn't be surprised since they've said they're going to make Driveclub 'a service.'

3. They haven't said, but it makes sense as have a lot of experience with rally and offroad games.

Finally got the game, late... way late to the party. Once it is installed I am excited to jump in and loose terribly to all of you.

A frame of reference on racing games... I am a huge fan of GT 1-4 and love Forza.

But the concept and mechanics of this game look entirely too good to pass up. Any tips or references for a newcomer?

Well my video is finally done. THIS IS PROBABLY THE MOST EPIC DC MONTAGE EVER. And after a few months of taking a break from DC, I am back. Hope you guys like it, leave me a comment and I'll see you in game. PSN Ultibreaker

http://youtu.be/zq6LVSz7GGA

Amazing work bud :)

Finally got the game, late... way late to the party. Once it is installed I am excited to jump in and loose terribly to all of you.

A frame of reference on racing games... I am a huge fan of GT 1-4 and love Forza.

But the concept and mechanics of this game look entirely too good to pass up. Any tips or references for a newcomer?

All the driving concepts you learnt in GT and Forza will work here in spades - I've learnt more from this game I think due to the ghost laps and challenges showing just how quickly you can go. Learning the tracks is the biggest hurdle and with no driving line don't expect to be super competitive online until you've really memorised some tracks. Red/yellow/green flags mark the corner severity on roads whilst the usually braking distance markers are present on the racetracks.

Anarion07

How much will a wheel benefit me?
I end up in the top100 or even top20 a lot of times, with my controller.
But i often feel like a wheel could make slight curves and stuff a LOT smoother and shave off some seconds.
Opinions?

But i often feel like a wheel could make slight curves and stuff a LOT smoother and shave off some seconds.
Opinions?

I think it'll make you slower at first as it feels completely different - I know guys who've made the switch and gone back to the pad. I think throttle control has got to be better on pedals rather than a pad however, just due to the range of movement.

1:24.900 in the Onyx.

IKizzLE's Hyper list Beat the Stig with the lowest rated car :)
Sinclair Pass at 12 with no precipitation or cloud cover

Koenigsegg One:1 - Knavish
Hennessey Venom GT
Pagani Zonda R
Mclaren P1 (Hot Lap)
Mclaren F1 LM - DHC-Shannow
Koenigsegg Agera R
Gumpert Apollo Enraged
Ferrari 599XX Evolutionize
Lamborghini Veveno - AnythingBut
Peugot Onyx - MangoChutney
Pagani Huayra
W Motors Lykan Hypersport
Jaguar C-X75
Ferrari Enzo
Ruf CTR3 ClubSport

Can anyone do it in the Huayra or Lykan?

kie25

Opinions?

Honoustly it's hard to say, if you have never used a wheel I'd say stick with pad, if you want your times to be fast, however if you have used a wheel before Driveclub then maybe a wheel will be equal to your pad after months of practice that is. Driveclub is not like gran turismo the wheel is much harder, I've used a wheel for over 15 years and really struggled at first. EB4ticky who in my opinion is Driveclubs fastest player uses pad and auto gears, Evo made the clever choice in making pad very competitive, as they knew not many people would own a wheel on ps4 due to only few wheels being compatible.

What I will say though is with a wheel Driveclub feels amazing, the immersion is the best Going. Just be prepared for a harsh learning curve with the wheel, I nearly stuck with pad, but after months of practice I now feel at one with the wheel.

kie25

I think it'll make you slower at first as it feels completely different - I know guys who've made the switch and gone back to the pad. I think throttle control has got to be better on pedals rather than a pad however, just due to the range of movement.

IKizzLE's Hyper list Beat the Stig with the lowest rated car :)
Sinclair Pass at 12 with no precipitation or cloud cover

Koenigsegg One:1 - Knavish
Hennessey Venom GT
Pagani Zonda R
Mclaren P1 (Hot Lap)
Mclaren F1 LM - DHC-Shannow
Koenigsegg Agera R
Gumpert Apollo Enraged
Ferrari 599XX Evolutionize
Lamborghini Veveno - AnythingBut
Peugot Onyx - MangoChutney
Pagani Huayra
W Motors Lykan Hypersport
Jaguar C-X75
Ferrari Enzo
Ruf CTR3 ClubSport

Can anyone do it in the Huayra or Lykan?
For the next challenge I may make my own list up based on the track, as the list used there is not really correct, it's great work, but is totally dependant on who has driven what and not what car is actually faster.

Also I may try get a 1.24.5 with that RUF been very busy with challenges last few days. Think I may do the next challenge with sports class as there is fewer cars to get the correct standings for, and I'll choose a shorter track.

Example of what I mean is by who has driven the cars is with the Gumpert Appollo, this car is up there with the fastest cars in Driveclub especially twisty tracks, if you look on chungara reverse i have put the gumpert in 8th mixing with koenigsegg one:1 beating all venom laps and and P1 laps.

5taquitos

Zeroskater18

Invite sent! (I'm taq_attaq)

I need a club, GAF. I'm pretty sure this is my new addiction.

Horp

I have a problem and I'm asking to hear if anyone else has had this issue and might have a solution.

Every time I start my PS4 I get six notifications; three of them tells me Driveclub was trying to download some car DLC's I never asked for, then three notificafions that all those downloads failed.

If I go into the notification center and click on the notifications it just says that an error has occured, with some code like CE-47226 (not exactly that).

It keeps showing up over and over and its getting pretty annoying to hear that notification sound 6 times every time I start the PS4. I've tried googling but havn't been successful.

Anyone else had this problem?

I have a problem and I'm asking to hear if anyone else has had this issue and might have a solution.

Every time I start my PS4 I get six notifications; three of them tells me Driveclub was trying to download some car DLC's I never asked for, then three notificafions that all those downloads failed.

If I go into the notification center and click on the notifications it just says that an error has occured, with some code like CE-47226 (not exactly that).

It keeps showing up over and over and its getting pretty annoying to hear that notification sound 6 times every time I start the PS4. I've tried googling but havn't been successful.

Anyone else had this problem?

Can't say I've had this but try the restore license option in the system menu - it was recommended a lot in the early days to resolve these kind of issues.

Top Bottom