• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT2| You Can't Rush Evolution

krioto

Bloodborne has been sucking all my gaming time since release, but I gave the Lambourghini a run last night - it sounds SO good

Putty

Guys, i'm sorry. I've been into BB this past week. I've been busy with projects, i've been i'll, but GODAMN ....I will be back tearing the leaderboards up (this doesnt include anyone above me like that cheating bastard Kie!!!!!!!!!!), and i've still to try the MS buggy.

Putty

Cheers for all the congrats guys, too many to quote on my phone! Thank you :) I'll prolly get on DC a bit over the next few days but then disappear for a while once they get out of hospital and the sleepless nights arrive!

Yeah although the servers were working for me last night, the bloody things lost a decent time on a tour event but remembered the naff one :-(

Dude, huge congrats! Just saw this ..Hope all of you are doing just great.

Best Wishes
Anth

kie25

I have a problem and I'm asking to hear if anyone else has had this issue and might have a solution.

Every time I start my PS4 I get six notifications; three of them tells me Driveclub was trying to download some car DLC's I never asked for, then three notificafions that all those downloads failed.

If I go into the notification center and click on the notifications it just says that an error has occured, with some code like CE-47226 (not exactly that).

It keeps showing up over and over and its getting pretty annoying to hear that notification sound 6 times every time I start the PS4. I've tried googling but havn't been successful.

Anyone else had this problem?

Have you tried deleting the notification then turning notifications of in system menu I had a similar issue after update 2.50 seems to be ok now.

le-seb

Every time I start my PS4 I get six notifications; three of them tells me Driveclub was trying to download some car DLC's I never asked for, then three notificafions that all those downloads failed.

If I go into the notification center and click on the notifications it just says that an error has occured, with some code like CE-47226 (not exactly that).
Sounds an awful lot like the three preorder bonus DLC from the European PS Store.
IIRC, we had got a notification in Live from Playstation to redeem some working DLC a few weeks later, and the tied problem that would cause licenses restoration to issue some error had been solved in November.
Just delete the car DLC notifications from your Downloads list, and you should be fine.

Bugger,been streaming MP for the past 3 hours, off to bed now so can't have a crack at a lower car til the morning.

Did have a try in the Lykan before doing it 1st time in the gumpert,guess i`ll be re-visiting it!

How long we got to try this compo Shannow?

We usually do the challenges for a week so I guess the same here.

Here's a vid from our 3 player battle last night, didn't realise we were broadcasting live on t'internet!

http://youtu.be/4POvPgXwxsY

For the next challenge I may make my own list up based on the track, as the list used there is not really correct, it's great work, but is totally dependant on who has driven what and not what car is actually faster.

Also I may try get a 1.24.5 with that RUF been very busy with challenges last few days. Think I may do the next challenge with sports class as there is fewer cars to get the correct standings for, and I'll choose a shorter track.

Example of what I mean is by who has driven the cars is with the Gumpert Appollo, this car is up there with the fastest cars in Driveclub especially twisty tracks, if you look on chungara reverse i have put the gumpert in 8th mixing with koenigsegg one:1 beating all venom laps and and P1 laps.

Yeah a track specific list is prolly better as the right car for each track can vary quite a bit - a lot of work though so could always just rank them off the leaderboard times rather than running the laps yourself.

I think it'll make you slower at first as it feels completely different - I know guys who've made the switch and gone back to the pad. I think throttle control has got to be better on pedals rather than a pad however, just due to the range of movement.

IKizzLE's Hyper list Beat the Stig with the lowest rated car :)
Sinclair Pass at 12 with no precipitation or cloud cover

Koenigsegg One:1 - Knavish
Hennessey Venom GT
Pagani Zonda R
Mclaren P1 (Hot Lap)
Mclaren F1 LM - DHC-Shannow
Koenigsegg Agera R
Gumpert Apollo Enraged
Ferrari 599XX Evolutionize
Lamborghini Veveno - AnythingBut
Peugot Onyx - MangoChutney
Pagani Huayra
W Motors Lykan Hypersport
Jaguar C-X75
Ferrari Enzo
Ruf CTR3 ClubSport

Can anyone do it in the Huayra or Lykan?
Not tried the Lykan, I gave Huayra a go. I got near-ish but couldn't put a perfect lap together.

I tried the C-X75, I'd say that one is do-able too.

I finally did it!! Yes!

FUsFZDr.jpg

Serious congrats! A small word of advice: Move right on to Venom Hot Lap 2. Don't get rusty by playing a bunch of other tours first--I know you want a break from that son of a bitch, but tackle it now... it'll be much easier.

Serious congrats! A small word of advice: Move right on to Venom Hot Lap 2. Don't get rusty by playing a bunch of other tours first--I know you want a break from that son of a bitch, but tackle it now... it'll be much easier.

I have to massively agree with this. Having done venom 1 and the finishing tours in order I am having to learn the track all over again for venom 2.

Horp

Sounds an awful lot like the three preorder bonus DLC from the European PS Store.
IIRC, we had got a notification in Live from Playstation to redeem some working DLC a few weeks later, and the tied problem that would cause licenses restoration to issue some error had been solved in November.
Just delete the car DLC notifications from your Downloads list, and you should be fine.
Thank you, I will try!
(This reply is to the poster above you as well)

Hahahaha. Skillet totally fucked that up at the end and bashed you twice. Did you give him an earful? Do you want me to get him back for you as your play time is now limited? :)

Lol no, I think Skillet was more annoyed at me for slowing him down :) He's defo quicker than me on that track but I managed to get ahead at the key points and stop him getting away :)

Hennessey Venom GT
Pagani Zonda R
Mclaren P1 (Hot Lap)
Koenigsegg Agera R
Gumpert Apollo Enraged - AnythingBut
Ferrari 599XX Evolutionize - AnythingBut
Peugot Onyx - MangoChutney, AnythingBut
Pagani Huayra - MangoChutney,
Jaguar C-X75 - MangoChutney,AnythingBut
Ferrari Enzo
Ruf CTR3 ClubSport

Can anyone do it in the Enzo??

Lol no, I think Skillet was more annoyed at me for slowing him down :) He's defo quicker than me on that track but I managed to get ahead at the key points and stop him getting away :)

Hennessey Venom GT
Pagani Zonda R
Mclaren P1 (Hot Lap)
Koenigsegg Agera R
Ferrari Enzo
Ruf CTR3 ClubSport

I don't think there's much chance of it. Can't get it below 1:27!

knavish

Hennessey Venom GT
Pagani Zonda R
Mclaren P1 (Hot Lap)
Koenigsegg Agera R
Ferrari Enzo
Ruf CTR3 ClubSport

Dude what time did you get in the F1?

Dude what time did you get in the F1?

Only a 1:24.9 I think - wasn't that high up the leaderboards for that car.

Lol that was great. I need to do more online races, but BB is pretty much taking all my time at the moment.

This missus likes watching me play Bloodborne (or watching me die anyway!) so I've been banned from playing it till she gets out of hospital - oh well plenty of DC for me :)

Only a 1:24.9 I think - wasn't that high up the leaderboards for that car.
I think that is right. I comfortably beat it in my first go :p

I just went through the other higher cars and posted times under the target. Except the 599XX, have only set a sighter on that one.

I have to say the Agera was quite a tough one.

knavish

I think that is right. I comfortably beat it in my first go :p

I just went through the other higher cars and posted times under the target. Except the 599XX, have only set a sighter on that one.

I have to say the Agera was quite a tough one.

agreed man its oversteers through most corners

Ebolarama

Banned
1:26.418 in the Enzo,don`t think i can drag 1.3 secs more out of it...sub `26 maybe.

Funny to say so, but that Enzo feels gutless compared to the rest!

I may be mistaken, but I seem to recall the Enzo being classed as a super in every other racing game. It just can't keep up with the others, barring the CTR3 which is even worse.
I feel like the 599XX is only hyper because it has crazy acceleration and cornering but low top speed. Ferrari needs its proper hyper car, the LaFerrari, in this game!
The FXX would also be sweet.

IKizzLE

For the next challenge I may make my own list up based on the track, as the list used there is not really correct, it's great work, but is totally dependant on who has driven what and not what car is actually faster.

Also I may try get a 1.24.5 with that RUF been very busy with challenges last few days. Think I may do the next challenge with sports class as there is fewer cars to get the correct standings for, and I'll choose a shorter track.

Example of what I mean is by who has driven the cars is with the Gumpert Appollo, this car is up there with the fastest cars in Driveclub especially twisty tracks, if you look on chungara reverse i have put the gumpert in 8th mixing with koenigsegg one:1 beating all venom laps and and P1 laps.

The list is the average time across several different tracks. Of course, on some tracks, the gumpert might beat a lot of higher ranked cars, but unless you do an individual time list across all 50+ tracks on dry and wet, you wont ever know what cars are best for each track.

My list is like metacritic, or like Forza's car ranking system, which tells you overall viability. And of course, the list is 100% based on the top times at each track which are in constant flux. But at the same time, the list gives you a general idea on position. Essentially what you want, is a kie only list of every car and time you did because it seems that every car and track combo you haven't tackled isn't as credible. Just say it.

I just got it. It is beautiful! :')

Downloading the 7.2gb update file now, just played a bunch of races and the graphics and the sense of speed are off the charts! I can see myself leaving FIFA 15 for a while finally. :D

Edit. Also, I just got the last copy and the guy before me got the one before that one. They sold out today and the clerk told me that they had quite a substantial amount of copies at the store and they've been selling like hotcakes.

Sirenty

I've got a 1:26.4 in the Enzo, and I know I have at least another .5 I keep losing each in section 2 and 3.

My clubmate has the #1 time with 1:25.0 so it is possible. Unfortunately, there's no ghost of him so I can't figure out where I am losing time.

I can see myself leaving FIFA 15 for a while finally. :D

Edit. Also, I just got the last copy and the guy before me got the one before that one. They sold out today and the clerk told me that they had quite a substantial amount of copies at the store and they've been selling like hotcakes.

I bought the game in early December, and besides for about an hour of The Swapper and an hour of another PS+ game I forget, Driveclub is the only game I have played since then. My wife thinks there is something wrong with me. lol

And even though that is anecdotal evidence...nice!
Even though they had to price it at $20 to sell.
Now buy the season pass to truly support the devs.

Does anyone who uses the DS4 play with motion controls? I'm shocked how well it works. It's so much fun!

I don't play with it normally, but i gave it a try when i got the game and was also surprised by how well it works. I also let my 6yo niece try it and she did much better with it and found it more fun, compared to the regular control scheme.

Does anyone who uses the DS4 play with motion controls? I'm shocked how well it works. It's so much fun!

I have never tried it, but interestingly enough a former club member swore by it. He went on and on about it the first time I ever raced multi with him. We were in a full session, and he was making convincing arguments about how good it was--but then he placed dead last in every race... lol One guy decided to try it out for fun and crashed into the wall right at the starting line. I wish I would have saved it to video; it was absolutely hilarious. I will never be convinced it is competitive for multi for me.

I've got a 1:26.4 in the Enzo, and I know I have at least another .5 I keep losing each in section 2 and 3.

My clubmate has the #1 time with 1:25.0 so it is possible. Unfortunately, there's no ghost of him so I can't figure out where I am losing time.
Yeah there's a lot of missing ghosts on that track for some reason.

Sometimes they're annoying because they put me off, I get ahead and then shit my pants hoping I don't screw it up but sometimes when you can't get near the time you really want to see where you're going wrong!

Big Brett

I have never tried it, but interestingly enough a former club member swore by it. He went on and on about it the first time I ever raced multi with him. We were in a full session, and he was making convincing arguments about how good it was--but then he placed dead last in every race... lol One guy decided to try it out for fun and crashed into the wall right at the starting line. I wish I would have saved it to video; it was absolutely hilarious. I will never be convinced it is competitive for multi for me.

That is incredible hahaha. Well, as casual garbage, I find it quite fun and precise, and I've been doing much better with it. It reminds me of this controller that I used to use for Forza:
94%7C0000210fe%7C4e26_orh616w616_speed-wheel1.jpg

Thing was goofy, but it worked well.

That is incredible hahaha. Well, as casual garbage, I find it quite fun and precise, and I've been doing much better with it. It reminds me of this controller that I used to use for Forza:
94%7C0000210fe%7C4e26_orh616w616_speed-wheel1.jpg

Thing was goofy, but it worked well.

Whatever works for you, but that thing looks awfully unpleasant.

some good racing with postcyberpunk earlier.

I almost had you on Cayoosh, but that line is pretty tricky and I borked it. But man, you absolutely hammered Shoji and Wester with the One:1. I was seriously humbled.

Top Bottom