• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT2| You Can't Rush Evolution

Big Brett

Hey, all! First, congrats Shannow!

Finally caved, probably like many others, on Driveclub. How do I get the most out of this package? Is there a GAF Driveclub I can join? Tips?

Servers are shit again?

Not able to connect since yesterday night :/

Was still working for me last night but now it's a mess.

For once it doesn't seem to be the game's fault, a bunch of games that require PS+ for their online components don't seem to work. I got suspicious when a friend complained about the Bloodborne servers giving him an error, saying that he needs PS+ (which he has), while F2P games like Warframe work. Besides DC, i've tried TLOU mp and PvZ Garden Warfare, both gave me errors trying to connect. Seems like it's an issue related to PS+.

Anarion07

Back online.

So yesterday I did the redline trophy event and had a really good time (top50 from what i can tell), but the connection problems started after i finished ( i didnt get the red connection problems prompt during the race).
Now that i can log in again, my time is not in the leaderboards..

Is there a way to get it updated somehow?
That really annoys me.

desu

For once it doesn't seem to be the game's fault, a bunch of games that require PS+ for their online components don't seem to work. I got suspicious when a friend complained about the Bloodborne servers giving him an error, saying that he needs PS+ (which he has), while F2P games like Warframe work. Besides DC, i've tried TLOU mp and PvZ Garden Warfare, both gave me errors trying to connect. Seems like it's an issue related to PS+.

You're right, I had trouble with trophies as well, so it rather seems like a PSN issue,

PS+ edition of DC incoming :p

Cheers for all the congrats guys, too many to quote on my phone! Thank you :) I'll prolly get on DC a bit over the next few days but then disappear for a while once they get out of hospital and the sleepless nights arrive!

Yeah although the servers were working for me last night, the bloody things lost a decent time on a tour event but remembered the naff one :-(

How do I get the most out of this package? Is there a GAF Driveclub I can join? Tips?
All I'd recommend is to run a Time Trial with whatever car you have unlocked that you dig on whatever track strikes your fancy, set the event options to random everything (or sunrise + dry conditions if you want to ease into things), go into Display settings, turn the OSD Opacity and Ghost Opacity to 0% so there are no distractions, crank up the volume just a tad beyond reasonable, and enjoy.

The first four options for tracks in each environment are the point-to-points, two of each with their reverse versions, and these have the most stellar vistas. The middle options are road courses that you can lap as much as you want, followed by the circuits, which tend to be the most visually dull of the bunch but no less exciting when it comes to the racing.

nib95

Banned
Wow Shannow man, congrats! Awesome news. I pray that she has a prosperous life, full of happiness, wisdom and good fortune. Side note, my younger sister is expecting any day now too! Her first.

Big Brett

All I'd recommend is to run a Time Trial with whatever car you have unlocked that you dig on whatever track strikes your fancy, set the event options to random everything (or sunrise + dry conditions if you want to ease into things), go into Display settings, turn the OSD Opacity and Ghost Opacity to 0% so there are no distractions, crank up the volume just a tad beyond reasonable, and enjoy.

The first four options for tracks in each environment are the point-to-points, two of each with their reverse versions, and these have the most stellar vistas. The middle options are road courses that you can lap as much as you want, followed by the circuits, which tend to be the most visually dull of the bunch but no less exciting when it comes to the racing.

Okay I'm really excited. Thank you.

In most time trials you can also "cheat" a little by cutting some corners just enough not to get a penalty. Most of the final tours from the main game are in fact difficult (wait till you get to Venom Hot Lap ;)). They've lowered the difficulty level in the paid DLC's.

Going to have to work on cutting corners a bit better. I already do sometimes, but not on purpose - usually it's because I brake too late on one lap and the next lap I'll overcompensate and turn in too early.

I like the challenge though! Nothing's felt insurmountable. The thing with the time trials is that my best skill in races is definitely draft -> overtake, where getting under the other car and braking late works to my advantage. In the time trials all that does is cause the car to deviate from the best racing line, and when that's before a long straightaway it just kills my time. So I kind of need to rewire myself when I go from races to time trials.

The drifting is real fun though. I think the first drift challenge (SKN0, in the BMW M235i) was the hardest because I had to learn how to sustain a drift through an entire corner, but every subsequent one has taken just two or three runs.

I am sure you will enjoy the Venom Hotlap :D.

Yeah, that's going to be a problem, haha.

I really wish I could have a proper setup. I'd play way more racing games if I had a wheel/pedals/chair, but I'm in a Manhattan apartment and every inch of space is precious. I don't even keep my game cases anymore unless it's a steelbook or something else to which I have a strong attachment - I just don't have the shelf space to justify it. So it's the DS4 for me! Thankfully I like the DS4 sticks quite a bit.

Big Brett

Close race ._. Enjoying the game quite a bit thus far. I'm going to send you a club request, postcyberpunk. Thank you
3AQmK.gif

yXuiDLz.jpg

Thank you! I haven't put an ounce of research into what being a part of a club entails, but I'm excited to at least have some sense of camaraderie when I'm racing!

As a club member, you should have access to everything we have unlocked so far... cars, liveries, etc. All the fame you earn will go towards your profile and the club's profile. I think that is the extent of the membership, but obviously, it means you are part of a group! So if you ever see one of us on and you want to play multi, just join session. Also, I will send you a FR tomorrow. Oh, I don't care what livery you use (the one I have set up for the club is just a matte black finish with the shield--minimal), but respect the shield by displaying it if you use another finish/design. :)

Big Brett

As a club member, you should have access to everything we have unlocked so far... cars, liveries, etc. All the fame you earn will go towards your profile and the club's profile. I think that is the extent of the membership, but obviously, it means you are part of a group! So if you ever see one of us on and you want to play multi, just join session. Also, I will send you a FR tomorrow. Oh, I don't care what livery you use (the one I have set up for the club is just a matte black finish with the shield--minimal), but respect the shield by displaying it if you use another finish/design. :)

That's fantastic, can't wait to dabble more after work. Thanks again!

farmerboy

Firstly, congrats on the new bub Shannow, and good luck, hope she sleeps :)

Secondly, for the love of God, Sony, please let them make a ps4 Motorstorm. Pleeaasse. The wombat typhoon is bringing back the feels.

at least a motorstorm expansion to DC ok?

Banana meant the 3, 2, 1 counter. This does exist with the buggy, there is just not corner penalty slow downs.

I'm not sure if the triggering of the 3, 2, 1 is more lenient but it is there.

And also the image I took that he questioned how I got there was not a corner cutting exercise, I was outside of the track limits, beyond the crowd!

I have to say it is fun cutting corners, thought annoying when you encounter an invisible wall :p
As I said: not online when using the buggy. No counter at all.

IKizzLE

Cheers for all the congrats guys, too many to quote on my phone! Thank you :) I'll prolly get on DC a bit over the next few days but then disappear for a while once they get out of hospital and the sleepless nights arrive!

Yeah although the servers were working for me last night, the bloody things lost a decent time on a tour event but remembered the naff one :-(

Congrats BRUH!!!

IKizzLE

Man Bloodborne has drained my damn life. I play Driveclub now to cool myself down. Thank god I can still win online without putting much effort. Relaxing sunday drives.

Duallusion

Back online.

So yesterday I did the redline trophy event and had a really good time (top50 from what i can tell), but the connection problems started after i finished ( i didnt get the red connection problems prompt during the race).
Now that i can log in again, my time is not in the leaderboards..

Is there a way to get it updated somehow?
That really annoys me.

I'm pretty sure it's gone if it hasn't updated already. :/

Top Bottom