• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT2| You Can't Rush Evolution

knavish

Whatever works for you, but that thing looks awfully unpleasant.

I almost had you on Cayoosh, but that line is pretty tricky and I borked it. But man, you absolutely hammered Shoji and Wester with the One:1. I was seriously humbled.

Thanks man, I have spent a lot of time with DC. It was literally all I have really played since I got my PS4 in Dec. I Love driving the pants off that One:1

It was literally all I have really played since I got my PS4 in Dec.

Me, too. I should be better... sigh. I'm too inconsistent with taking corners, finding lines. I am great on some tracks/with some cars, but scary awful with others. I always like playing with people who are better than me though, as I can normally learn something; if I can keep up enough with them to notice, that is.

PreFire

I do...

1li39aqywunc.jpg

0vyoj8wpvuzu.jpg

:(

the precision is good, smoother steering and faster lap times than any of my pad laps, Evos not making non FFB Logitech compatible drivers is criminal though.

Rushy pls!
That's some major commitment

What wheels are officially supported at this point?

Serious congrats! A small word of advice: Move right on to Venom Hot Lap 2. Don't get rusty by playing a bunch of other tours first--I know you want a break from that son of a bitch, but tackle it now... it'll be much easier.

I have to massively agree with this. Having done venom 1 and the finishing tours in order I am having to learn the track all over again for venom 2.

Congrats, it's such an awesome feeling when you finally got it down.

Thank you!!! Good advice. I'm trying the 2nd Hot Lap and I've got 2 stars so far. Getting that last one is going to kill me I think. :)

Racing with TRP and DJW online atm and just had a awesome race at Sinclair Pass, vid definitely gonna be uploaded!

Here's the video, enjoy!

https://youtu.be/LtPu9BLe01g
Quick question: Why don't I ever see this wicked cool track online? I almost exclusively play multiplayer with my brother and we nearly always play on the same boring tracks.

Do they shuffle up the playlists every now and then? It's weird because I've got the game for nearly a month now and I've never seen the track in that video.

leng jai

Have to say the buggy is pretty lazy even if it's fun. You can still hear the wipers and the cockpit audio mix is exactly the same as the cars.

DasRaven

How can I join a GAF club? Are these really only limited to 6 spots?

Yes they are limited to 6 spots to facilitate full club vs club multiplayer events.

There are plenty of open spaces in most clubs, like mine "Unkindness" which is just me and a friend. Feel free to join us!

Or add DRIVECLUB-GAF as a friend and look at friends of friends to find other Gaffers to join up with.

Quick question: Why don't I ever see this wicked cool track online? I almost exclusively play multiplayer with my brother and we nearly always play on the same boring tracks.

Do they shuffle up the playlists every now and then? It's weird because I've got the game for nearly a month now and I've never seen the track in that video.

It's Sinclair pass and it is in the playlists quite a lot - I raced it a couple of times in the super class the night before last (and beat all the RT12's with the electric Merc :) - they do shuffle up the playlists quite regularly but it has seemed to be stuck on the same ones for a while now with all the Mercedes promotional events.

It's Sinclair pass and it is in the playlists quite a lot - I raced it a couple of times in the super class the night before last (and beat all the RT12's with the electric Merc :) - they do shuffle up the playlists quite regularly but it has seemed to be stuck on the same ones for a while now with all the Mercedes promotional events.

Those electric cars are getting lots of lovin' from me of late, only thing is having to make "broom broom" noises for the lack of noise. :p

Sorc3r3r

People love to show moody images with weather effects, which are incredible indeed. But for me, the best of Driveclub is to choose the first track at Chile, set it at noon, clear sky and no rain at all. It looks real.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYu-GY5Rxcw

What Evo achieved with their engine is impressive, the illumination scary often seems real.
I'm very courious to discover if the mighty PD will at least match what Evo got with DC, the bar has been set really damn high in my opinion.

Ebolarama

Banned
Am I wrong to be anticipating an announcement from Rushy today about the next update and car list? Normally we get the announcement on week two, the update on week three, and the cars/new tours on week four (of each month).

What features are DC players asking for that you guys think could show up on our next update?

Am I wrong to be anticipating an announcement from Rushy today about the next update and car list? Normally we get the announcement on week two, the update on week three, and the cars/new tours on week four (of each month).

What features are DC players asking for that you guys think could show up on our next update?
Feels like we only just got the Lambos.

Perhaps one of us could make up a vivek style riddle. Speaking of which, seems he seems to have gone missing lately?

If multiples of Mr Blobby were in the army it might be pretty close to the feature?
I know nothing.

Slightly, well ok, quite a bit off topic, but I jumped back on Motorstorm Apocalypse for a bit. Reminded me of just what a good game it was and you can see how their attention to detail has come into play with Driveclub.

Playing it made me realize just how
risky it was. It's not just got earthquakes, but also typhoons and plane crashes. The chances of it co-inciding with a natural disaster of some kind would always have been pretty high.

Are there any gaf clubs I can join? I joined one but feel like I'm the only one contributing. I just started driveclub and love it :)

Psn id: ilpaulio thx :D

finbaek

Banned
Hi all and greetings from Finland! I believe this is my first post here on the forums.
At the moment the single player mode is the most important part of the game for me because of the missing custom lobbies and occasionally bad server functionality. The ride in the game can be very rewarding despite of game's few little shortages, forced driving aides etc.
So, here is one of my custom edited videos - I let the a.i. pack have a little head start and I try to catch and overtake them all without any contact with the mantis green Bull.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBWZxKaLrSU

Enjoy!

DD

What Evo achieved with their engine is impressive, the illumination scary often seems real.
I'm very courious to discover if the mighty PD will at least match what Evo got with DC, the bar has been set really damn high in my opinion.

It's amazing how it looks great in every situation. =o

DD

I really wish Evolution could add a custom championship option in this game. Imagine a full points based hillclimb championship, with 24 stages, for example... HHHHHHNNNNGGGHHHH!!!

It shouldn't be hard to add, would it?

Hi all and greetings from Finland! I believe this is my first post here on the forums.
At the moment the single player mode is the most important part of the game for me because of the missing custom lobbies and occasionally bad server functionality. The ride in the game can be very rewarding despite of game's few little shortages, forced driving aides etc.
So, here is one of my custom edited videos - I let the a.i. pack have a little head start and I try to catch and overtake them all without any contact with the mantis green Bull.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBWZxKaLrSU

Enjoy!

Nice video! And greetings from a warmer part of the world. Welcome. :3

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
So I've spent the last hour browsing the internet with Driveclub on in Stormy, Heavy Precipitation weather. Parked in a 2015 Corvette of course. I'm on that Norway track with the bridge at the end. Been turning the car around every 10 minutes to catch the sunrise-sunset. I think in a few minutes I'm gonna get my Gold headset, turn down the cloud cover a level, and slow down the Time to 30x and just relax for a bit. I can't wait until I get my new bigger better TV that'll take up my entire FOV.

Can anyone recommend any other track that has pristine sunrise-sunset in one location views? Also, most silent windshield wipers.
http://i.imgur.com/jOy5Y3X.jpg

EDIT: Also, I did this and laughed my as off for like 2 minutes. It was coming out of ninja'ing through a 3 car hi-speed crash.
http://imgur.com/Zh5Cupr

DD

So I've spent the last hour browsing the internet with Driveclub on in Stormy, Heavy Precipitation weather. Parked in a 2015 Corvette of course. I'm on that Norway track with the bridge at the end. Been turning the car around every 10 minutes to catch the sunrise-sunset. I think in a few minutes I'm gonna get my Gold headset, turn down the cloud cover a level, and slow down the Time to 30x and just relax for a bit. I can't wait until I get my new bigger better TV that'll take up my entire FOV.

Can anyone recommend any other track that has pristine sunrise-sunset in one location views? Also, most silent windshield wipers.

Well, I took these at that last location at Chile. The sunset looked really nice there, IMO.

DRIVECLUB20150403194.jpg

DRIVECLUB20150403195.jpg

912DRIVECLUB20150403195.jpg

Shaneus

Got pushed really hard on this weeks Evo challenge and just managed the victory, had to pull a very good lap together to win

https://youtu.be/wVZALPvZ2d4

Note the last bend which I did nearly perfect :)
Going from that video, I'd say the ability to more precisely control throttle and steering far outweighs any invisible assists applied to controller players. There's just no way to take most of those corners that smoothly/exactly.

Very nice lap, though! Almost makes me want to drop the $550 to buy a T300.

kie25

Going from that video, I'd say the ability to more precisely control throttle and steering far outweighs any invisible assists applied to controller players. There's just no way to take most of those corners that smoothly/exactly.

Very nice lap, though! Almost makes me want to drop the $550 to buy a T300.

It may look easy but it is just ain't trust me, I had a quick go with pad, without using it for ages and got a 46.0, EB4 would beat that lap I am sure of it. Wheel is good when you can get around the change in how you have to drive the cars, but pad is still the fastest option if your smooth with the sticks, the only other person who is fast with wheel that I know is zackspeed every other fast player is on pad as far as I know. I may be wrong but I've got nearly all the top players on my list and there all on pads.

bombshell

We are rolling out major updates to the DRIVECLUB servers today to improve perfromance and stability for all aspects of online play.

The servers will be unavailable from 11am BST while this happens and the work is expected to take up to 8hrs. You can still play the game offline during this time.

Apologies for any inconvenience this causes and thank you for your patience while we continue working to improve the game.

https://www.facebook.com/driveclubofficial/posts/802350266516002

That sounds like the big one then.

I had a quick go with the Enzo before got a 23.8 I think, wasn't a perfect lap I'll try get it to a 23.5 soon, the Enzo is fast on tracks like this, has so much grip and goes exactly where you want it to.
I'd say I have about 0.2 left in my time. How you get your times is beyond me! Though, I've never really felt like I've nailed the final bend.

It reminds me of when multiplayer wasn't a thing and I used to think I was ace at racing games, only for MP to come along and show me that actually compared to other real people I'm not as good as I thought.

ajcacio

Banned
Just dropping in to praise the custom sound profile for the Gold headset. I just got them and I can't believe I went this long without! I wasn't as impressed with the Lamborghini sounds as everyone else at first but with the headset it's a revelatory experience!

LordofPwn

Anybody else have any issues with the Lifer trophy?

I've got like 1200 miles in and no trophy yet, only thing i can think of is maybe i had to have my club active for all of it? On the club stats it says over 1200 miles, but i just recently made it active last month.

Thoughts?

Anybody else have any issues with the Lifer trophy?

I've got like 1200 miles in and no trophy yet, only thing i can think of is maybe i had to have my club active for all of it? On the club stats it says over 1200 miles, but i just recently made it active last month.

Thoughts?

Yeah you need 1000 miles as a club member, so starting from whenever you joined a club. I don't think there's any way to view specifically how many miles you have driven in the club so it's just a waiting game.

LordofPwn

Yeah you need 1000 miles as a club member, so starting from whenever you joined a club. I don't think there's any way to view specifically how many miles you have driven in the club so it's just a waiting game.

O well. I've got plenty of races left before i hit lvl 50 should probably get it by then.

Top Bottom