• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT2| You Can't Rush Evolution

As a old git gamer (big 50 next year!) I was just wondering the ages of everyone playing driveclub. Am I really the oldest? :D

A 47 year young gamer here.

:D nice. Only beamer I've ever had the pleasure to drive was a 325i.

I don't have a picture of my car but my daily driver is a GTI
stage 1 :p

This is my drive (lightweight for the win):

58PZaky.jpg

Sooo EVO.....where is the Elise?

farmerboy

when those private lobbies come you're all getting schooled! lol :)

apart from Kie!! way too fast for me

Whats your psn mate, I don't think I've got you added? IIRC you are pretty quick, but I left school 21 years ago and I ain't going back to get schooled no more :)

As a old git gamer (big 50 next year!) I was just wondering the ages of everyone playing driveclub. Am I really the oldest? :D

39 but still as horny as a 20 yo if that counts for anything

I don't want to go 100% on y'all.

Oh and farmerboy is out for me. Lol.

When you least expect it man. Watch out I've Sicilian heritage and a big farm to bury you on. :0

Speaking to DJW-GT last night, says his got a GAF account awaiting approval. He is another real fast one and kie's clubmate. It will be good to have him on the boards here too. Someone approve him!

knavish

Whats your psn mate, I don't think I've got you added? IIRC you are pretty quick, but I left school 21 years ago and I ain't going back to get schooled no more :)

39 but still as horny as a 20 yo if that counts for anything

When you least expect it man. Watch out I've Sicilian heritage and a big farm to bury you on. :0

Speaking to DJW-GT last night, says his got a GAF account awaiting approval. He is another real fast one and kie's clubmate. It will be good to have him on the boards here too. Someone approve him!

haha all banter mate I know there are plenty of drivers quicker than me on here. add me though my psn is Vix79

I thought the servers were supposed to be better: Content Unavailable for leaderboards and dumped out of the first online race I played. Between this and the continual asskicking I am getting form Bloodborne, I am really considering smahing the shit out of my PS4.

kie25

Just had probably the best online race I've ever had against DJW_GT, we joined a event to be greeted with our own private lobby :) no idiots to ruin the fun, just uploading the video now, it's so good.

38 here and I have 2 younglings.

The great thing about this game is that it starts up so fast and I could always sneak in a race or two in between watching the younglings.

farmerboy

Didn't quite make out what you said there Putty, put your teeth back in and say it again.

respect for being a 72yo gamer ;)

unless you're bullshitting and I've been had lol

ZalXII

A big warm hello to all of you; finally approved after the second try. Been a silent reader of this thread since Driveclubs release (and before on neogaf). Not so much the last 2-3 months, though. Well, i got some of you added already, DHC-Shannow, Vagabone and some others i don't know the name of right now, but must admit i also didn't play much the last 2-3 months due to some other games (no not Bloodborne) and general club inactivity. Who should i add right now? Everyone on Driveclub-GAF (sneakely added as a non member) seems unlikely to be active.

I got some ideas for the game over the last months i always wanted to share but couldn't, maybe some of them are good, maybe not:

1. Custom Tours
I imagine this section a bit like custom tracks in Trials Fusion, only for DRIVECLUB tours. The player can determine a set of events with pre determined targets up to 10 events maybe and has to beat every target by himself first to avoid impossible targets. These events and targets should not consist of already made races, drifts and time trials like challenges are. Instead, the player gets a creation kit like menu to set name (and maybe picture) of the tour, events, time, weather, sky, player car/s + AI cars (seperately), AI Difficulty (also seperately if possible), flags yes/no and of course Targets. Just everything you need for events + more tweaks for tour creation, of course.

Especially for time trials: Only targets rounded to a full, half or quarter seconds, no 1:12,372 as example. Either 1:12,000, 1:12, 250 or 1:12,500.

They should have their own star ranking which can be displayed in brackets under the official stars. This way, normal stars remain importance whilst custom tour stars can/are a sign of activity.

I understand this is a difficult one because Evo wants to sell their own official tour packs, maybe after all official tour packs are released and because it's difficult to create such a mode with all neccessary rules. It's a wish, but a strong one for me.

2. MP Tournament Events
Random Time Trials and races are ok, but become stale after a while. Tournaments, even little ones can give a sense of progressions in the normal Driveclub MP dayli random routine. MP can be split in two sections, one for MP Single Events, One for Tournaments. Since these are consecutive races and no one wants to beat horrendously or get easy win after win, a difficulty banner would be good. Good racers register for hard races, not so good one for easy and medium. Or better, just use the difficulty terms of the game: Rookie, ... Legend.

The clue: It depends solely on your official star ranking on what are you allowed to register, depending on the number of tour events this player has, so premium DLC and non premium DLC users are considered equal.
As an example: If a premium DLC user has 675 stars and a non premium DLC user has only 315, they're considered equal, if he can use the cars of the tournament. Certainly, this idea is only possible with a stable connection the game unfortunately doesn't have right now. Maybe this idea was already mentioned here in some way. Just as a quick thought of this difficulty thing:

Rookie: Just people with a very low amount of stars, maybe under 20% or equal.
Amatuer: Just people under 40% of stars or equal, but no rookies allowed.
Semi Pro: People under 60% of stars or equal are allowed, but no rookies or amatures.
Professional: People under 95% of stars or equal. Semi Pros are allowed to, but no Amatuers or Rookies. Can participate in Legend Tournaments.
Legend: People with 100% stars are only allowed to participate in Legend difficulty, they can't drive anything below cause obvious reasons.

Notice: This is not meant to replace the upcoming private lobbies, just more variety in random events.

3. Better Challenge point system
Right now, challenge points are only determined by the number of participants, not the lentgh or Trys. So a boring challenge like 1 round race or time trials (yes, i find them boring most times sry, can't help) with a high amount or participants gets you a huge amount of points, whereas a challenge between a few good friends or an endurance race (these i like most) always gets you near to nothing because reasons. I don't want to downgrade points for participants, just elevate points for trys and length.

As an afterthought: Mark Tour Event Challenges as such. Doesn't concern me very much, but i think some people will find that useful.

4. Hot Hatch DLC Tour and Car pack
Please give us at least one Hot Hatch pack. I know, they are not frequented as much but this incredible good game has too many Hyper and Super cars already mixed with a few performance and sports car DLCs, but no new Hot Hatches at all. Hot Hatch races can be suprisingly entertaining sometimes. Please, make it possible!

Since this is already a long post and i don't get all of my ideas together right now i make the cut, hopefully these last few ideas are willed to come back in my mind and hopefully you forgive me this very long first post.

PS: I'm 28.

xrnzaaas

33 year old racer here :)

4. Hot Hatch DLC Tour and Car pack
Please give us at least one Hot Hatch pack. I know, they are not frequented as much but this incredible good game has too many Hyper and Super cars already mixed with a few performance and sports car DLCs, but no new Hot Hatches at all. Hot Hatch races can be suprisingly entertaining sometimes. Please, make it possible!

I'd also love a DLC with nothing else but hot hatches. My picks would be Leon Cupra, Civic Type-R, Focus RS, Astra OPC and Abarth 695 Biposto. :)

xrnzaaas

Don't waste your time with people like that. Block/ignore and move on. It's simply something you can't avoid in multiplayer games. Thankfully Driveclub's community isn't as primitive as, for instance, CoD's or LoL's community.

Just picked this up again yesterday for the first time in a while; wow at all of the improvements! Made it to the hyper challenges in the main campaign, and I can't believe how fast this shit is. I'm part of a GAF east coast club, but I'd love to get involved with some more people in the community here. Any sort of Gafclub PSN spreadsheet that I might be able to do this with?

Top Bottom