• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT2| You Can't Rush Evolution

Bouniter

Just picked this up again yesterday for the first time in a while; wow at all of the improvements! Made it to the hyper challenges in the main campaign, and I can't believe how fast this shit is. I'm part of a GAF east coast club, but I'd love to get involved with some more people in the community here. Any sort of Gafclub PSN spreadsheet that I might be able to do this with?

Hey I just joined Gaf EastCoast yesterday (though if I'm honest I don't even live in America just wanted to drive with some fellow gaffers) so feel free to add me my user-name is ff8fanatic looking forward to seeing you on the track.

if any other Gaffers want to drop em a request please feel free to do so.

oh and I'm 24

SprayNuff

Neo Member
47 years old and counting.
Feel free to add me.I can't play as much as I would like but I am on most weekends.
PSN id is getafug.

Goldrusher

From what I remember the last one is in July. It was originally scheduled to be June, but then they gave away 2 tours for free after the server problems.

That is correct.

We know you have all been extremely patient and understandably frustrated during DRIVECLUB’s launch, and to show our appreciation for the support during this challenging time, we will be offering the premium DLC packs for November (25th November-SCEA/26th November-SCEE/27th November-SCEJ) free to those who purchased the full game.

These premium DLC packs – The Ignition Expansion Pack and Photo-Finish Tour Pack along with two livery packs – will give you a total of five new cars, 22 new tour events, 10 new trophies and 10 new livery items to play with online and offline.

The Season Pass will be extended to include four extra packs in July 2015 to ensure players who purchased the pass get everything that was promised. So on top of the free DLC in November, the Season Pass will still include 38 cars, 176 tour events and 80 unique liveries.

https://www.facebook.com/driveclubofficial/posts/726036460814050

176 tour events / 11 per pack = 16 packs = 8 months

1. December (Redline & Elements)
2. January (Apex & Sakura)
3. February (Downforce & Midnight)
4. March (Lamborghini & Pacesetter)
5. April
6. May
7. June
8. July

xrnzaaas

I think its July, the one you posted was for Asia who are a month behind or something.

Yes, there's no January 2015 in that graphic.

I think season 2 might actually happen. At least it would be better than nothing since there's no chance for a proper sequel anytime soon (especially after the recent layoffs).

knavish

I've raced against him online a few times in random events and thought he was a blocking ramming douche so yeah no surprise to see those kind of accusations coming from him.

Yeah I was racing someone called the Ghost of Senna yesterday, he constantly rammed me on every corner I managed to snag him when he went wide on the last corner and then accused me of driving him off the road. I admit I didn't give him any room but he was on the wrong line so I didn't give him any space at all and beat him to the line.

Normally against good drivers that don't constantly ram you at every turn I will give space to and drive with a bit of etiquette

He messaged me calling me a "fucking bitch", I just reiterated that I looked forward to beating him again and he called me arrogant....from the guy that calls himself "the ghost of senna". Blew my mind.....maybe banter doesn't translate well across PSN???

Yeah I was racing someone called the Ghost of Senna yesterday, he constantly rammed me on every corner I managed to snag him when he went wide on the last corner and then accused me of driving him off the road. I admit I didn't give him any room but he was on the wrong line so I didn't give him any space at all and beat him to the line.

Normally against good drivers that don't constantly ram you at every turn I will give space to and drive with a bit of etiquette

He messaged me calling me a "fucking bitch", I just reiterated that I looked forward to beating him again and he called me arrogant....from the guy that calls himself "the ghost of senna". Blew my mind.....maybe banter doesn't translate well across PSN???

Hmm I've raced with ghost of Senna a few times whilst he's been in the same party as he was friends with one of the other guys in there. He was a fast and clean racer on those occasions but most people are when they're in the same party chat and can be very different against randoms.

I've been accused I've being a rammer before now by someone who was a lot slower than me and was very hard to predict where he was going to brake. These things often escalate into tit for tat barging unless you get clear.

It sounds like he was quicker and impatient to get past rather than swerving across the track to put you in a wall.

knavish

Hmm I've raced with ghost of Senna a few times whilst he's been in the same party as he was friends with one of the other guys in there. He was a fast and clean racer on those occasions but most people are when they're in the same party chat and can be very different against randoms.

I've been accused I've being a rammer before now by someone who was a lot slower than me and was very hard to predict where he was going to brake. These things often escalate into tit for tat barging unless you get clear.

It sounds like he was quicker and impatient to get past rather than swerving across the track to put you in a wall.

I don't mind good racers but after he rammed me off the track and got past I watching his line and he was all over the place which is how I got past. I put it down to a racing incident....stewards enquiry?

As I said I will be fair with good racers and generally give them space
space

I don't mind good racers but after he rammed me and got past I watching his line and he was all over the place which is how I got past. I put it down to a racing incident....stewards enquiry?

Lol yeah these things often are just that, and everyone sees it from their own point of view anyway. I've posted the most blatant ramming vid on here where someone smashed me from pillar to post the entire race only for someone (Postcyberpunk!) to point out I hit him first! Passing can be damn tricky and it can take one bad pass to start a feud that ruins your race.

knavish

Lol yeah these things often are just that, and everyone sees it from their own point of view anyway. I've posted the most blatant ramming vid on here where someone smashed me from pillar to post the entire race only for someone (Postcyberpunk!) to point out I hit him first! Passing can be damn tricky and it can take one bad pass to start a feud that ruins your race.

Agreed. I don't mind a bit of give and take, it's the Fuckers who blatantly just smash into you when they are completely on the wrong Racing line that are the worst. If you take a better line through a corner you'll overtake me on the straight...it's fairly simple

I'm really tired of the rammer basher conversation. If you are ahead of me, I am going to try to pass you; if you are behind me, I am going to protect my position--all within reason of course. If we happen to make contact, oh fucking well get the fuck over it. Bunch of fucking whiners and bitches on multi anyway.
Outside of my group and gaf, of course.

DD

I'm really tired of the rammer basher conversation. If you are ahead of me, I am going to try to pass you; if you are behind me, I am going to protect my position--all within reason of course. If we happen to make contact, oh fucking well get the fuck over it. Bunch of fucking whiners and bitches on multi anyway.
Outside of my group and gaf, of course.

That's not the problem, I guess. Recently I was racing normally when I felt a BAM (like, really strong), that definitely wasn't a normal contact. The guy rammed me out of his way; he didn't touched the brakes, I believe. Then, everytime I tried to overtake him back, the guy threw his car over me like a douchebag. If I go right, he'd go right. If I go left, he'd go left too, zigzaging like a retarded. Then, the idiot made some shit ahead, and I got passed him back. Passing a turn into a long straight, I felt my car moving to the grass for no apparent reason. I tried moving the car back to the tarmac, and I couldn't. When I looked to my right side, there was the fucktard pushing me just for fun, because there was all the space in the world for him, but he preferred to fuck me instead.

And this is why I have no interest in online gaming at all.

l contact. The guy rammed me out of his way; he didn't touched the brakes, I believe. Then, everytime I tried to overtake him back, the guy threw his car over me like a douchebag. If I go right, he'd go right. If I go left, he'd go left too, zigzaging like a retarded. .

Sadly this is my experience in most of the online races. Why I've pretty much stuck to challenges until private lobbies come in.

That's not the problem, I guess. Recently I was racing normally when I felt a BAM (like, really strong), that definitely wasn't a normal contact. The guy rammed me out of his way; he didn't touched the brakes, I believe. Then, everytime I tried to overtake him back, the guy threw his car over me like a douchebag. If I go right, he'd go right. If I go left, he'd go left too, zigzaging like a retarded. Then, the idiot made some shit ahead, and I got passed him back. Passing a turn into a long straight, I felt my car moving to the grass for no apparent reason. I tried moving the car back to the tarmac, and I couldn't. When I looked to my right side, there was the fucktard pushing me just for fun, because there was all the space in the world for him, but he preferred to fuck me instead.

Same with me. I decided to have a go last night on a few multiplayer races which I havn't done since last year and the people generally just aren't interested in racing so the usual online racing game situation happens, whoever gets pole unless they are awful is going to win and those in the pack have to deal with crash kiddies. The annoying ones are those that are clearly good enough to race properly and they spend their time trying to take people out. That said I did have a really good race with someone who knew how to close up the holes without ramming and knew how to overtake without using others as a bumper. Pity there isn't a way to distinguish between those who want to race and those who want to crash.

Whatever they did with the servers ... it didn't do much.

No shit. Same shit servers, different fucking day.

That's not the problem, I guess. .

That is intentional though. Some bumping happens in a race... but I think normal people can tell when it is incidental and when it is deliberate. Sometimes though, you get idiots like Ghost of Senna or Papo saying someone is a dirty driver when he or she may have had minor contact. That is the issue and I am tired of hearing about it.

knavish

That's not the problem, I I guess. Recently I was racing normally when I felt a BAM (like, really strong), that definitely wasn't a normal contact. The guy rammed me out of his way; he didn't touched the brakes, I believe. Then, everytime I tried to overtake him back, the guy threw his car over me like a douchebag. If I go right, he'd go right. If I go left, he'd go left too, zigzaging like a retarded. Then, the idiot made some shit ahead, and I got passed him back. Passing a turn into a long straight, I felt my car moving to the grass for no apparent reason. I tried moving the car back to the tarmac, and I couldn't. When I looked to my right side, there was the fucktard pushing me just for fun, because there was all the space in the world for him, but he preferred to fuck me instead.

To be honest man i do usually get really good races but you do get the one off dickhead who don't seem to want to actually race. There's two guys in the same team called black agent 007 and they are twats. If one gets ahead of you the other will drive anyone who tries to pass completely off the road like turning right into you on a left turn. Stupidity really, I wouldn't want to win races like that.

To anyone here that is great at drifting, can you replicate the score of the ghost in this clip?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chPLfMiAl-Y

I just don't understand how scoring high in drifts works anymore. I hate that i even have to resort to such tactics, but i tried copying the ghost and the highest i could get in that corner was 3358 points (and even that was a fluke, normally i do 2600 at best), while the guy in first place does over 6000. I've complained about this several times now, but i'm none the wiser. Very rarely i can hit that elusive sweet spot, which lets you rack up scores like this, but the problem is i have no idea what exactly it takes to do so. It's always a fluke and that's frustrating, because i can't even work on improving my technique, when i don't know what i'm doing wrong in the first place. Sure, coming in at high speed at the right angle is the key, but what is the right angle? Has anyone here figured it out and mastered drifting since the latest changes?

To anyone here that is great at drifting, can you replicate the score of the ghost in this clip?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chPLfMiAl-Y

I just don't understand how scoring high in drifts work anymore. I hate that i even have to resort to such tactics, but i tried copying the ghost and the highest i could get in that corner was 3358 points (and even that was a fluke, normally i do 2600 at best), while the guy in first place does over 6000. I've complained about this several times now, but i'm none the wiser. Very rarely i can hit that elusive sweet spot, which lets you rack up scores like this, but the problem is i have no idea what exactly it takes to do so. It's always a fluke and that's frustrating, because i can't even work on improving my technique, when i don't know what i'm doing wrong in the first place. Sure, coming in at high speed at the right angle is the key, but what is the right angle? Has anyone here figured it out and mastered drifting since the latest changes?

There's a drift challenge floating around right now on a Japan track (can't recall which one) with a hugeeee long straightaway followed by one last large left turn at the end.

Somehow the top scorer has about 10 000 on that last drift but I can't get more than 6000. I get these numbers because the top score is 20 000 and as I approach the final turn I'm usually around 9000 and close to tied with them up to that point. I also am baffled by how some people are racking up these massive points on certain turns.

Yes, I know it's about maintaining speed. I am doing that and pulling off the drifts perfectly but there's some I can't seem to touch. It feels way more confusing than before, where I could always tell how I screwed up.

There's a drift challenge floating around right now on a Japan track (can't recall which one) with a hugeeee long straightaway followed by one last large left turn at the end.

Somehow the top scorer has about 10 000 on that last drift but I can't get more than 6000. I get these numbers because the top score is 20 000 and as I approach the final turn I'm usually around 9000 and close to tied with them up to that point. I also am baffled by how some people are racking up these massive points on certain turns.

Yes, I know it's about maintaining speed. I am doing that and pulling off the drifts perfectly but there's some I can't seem to touch. It feels way more confusing than before, where I could always tell how I screwed up.

Without checking, that challenge must be on Takahagi Hills. I know exactly what you mean, as it happens to me all the time with drift challenges on that track, same thing you described. By the way, you can calculate exactly how much the top guy scored in all the sections by looking at the score breakdown at the end.

Edit:

Bonus clip of a circus worthy stunt that happened to me while i was trying to beat the score on that first corner:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNXv8TX3wrk

Duallusion

Yeah, some are managing to rack 30.000+ points on some tracks and there's often a huge gap between the leader and and, say, the 10th best person. Even between top 5 scores, sometimes.

A lot of those top scores are from the same people though so maybe there's a "trick" to it we're missing. I sure as hell haven't figured it out.

Shaneus

What was the first tour released that had the new drifting score system? I'm trying to work out if any of the drift tour challenges I'm trying to score well on are completely untouchable or not.

I'd also love a DLC with nothing else but hot hatches. My picks would be Leon Cupra, Civic Type-R, Focus RS, Astra OPC and Abarth 695 Biposto. :)
You missed the Lancia Delta. That *has* to come before anything else.
vJQSG0vl.jpg

What was the first tour released that had the new drifting score system? I'm trying to work out if any of the drift tour challenges I'm trying to score well on are completely untouchable or not.

I don't know if any new tours were released since then, the drifting changes came with replays.

Edit: Lamborghini and Pacesetter tour packs are the first ones to come out with the new score system

No shit. Same shit servers, different fucking day.

That is intentional though. Some bumping happens in a race... but I think normal people can tell when it is incidental and when it is deliberate. Sometimes though, you get idiots like Ghost of Senna or Papo saying someone is a dirty driver when he or she may have had minor contact. That is the issue and I am tired of hearing about it.

That Papo thing has really ticked you off hasn't it :-( I know when he had a go at me I was actually shaking with anger at all the shit he was coming out with but didn't have my mic plugged in to reply.

Like you say, we all have a pretty good idea of what is acceptable or accidental contact and what is excessive or deliberate. To pass someone you have to get close and the slightest move can lead to disaster - this vid was against two of the guys I race with all the time so we're used to what each other does and accidents still happen.

http://youtu.be/CUsuh7Yr22o

To be fair though, his response to your paint-swap was excessive. I cannot believe you remember that. lol

Hehe yeah it made me watch the vid again at the time to see how much I was to blame so I remember it for that :)

http://youtu.be/Zs2kLqXTulw

farmerboy

Anyone have markf1mad on there list? He just accused me of being a low life coward cheat because I best him by over 2 seconds on a online time trial using the mezzanti evantra on Tamil Nadu https://twitter.com/kieran_30/status/586146129630404608

In fairness though, at least he got that close to you, gotta give him that ;)

Think Mr markf1 might have a entertaining few days racing online now. *innocent look*

I've been known to pick the Bentley in races where I know I want to square up *cough*

Re the whole bash conversation, there is nothing wrong with incidental contact. But when they plough right through you they either a) have no idea or b) are being c**ts. In this situation I give guys the benefit of the doubt, especially in traffic, those first corners can be a bitch.

However, guys that hit on a straight road or continually use you as a barricade in corners can go and get stuffed.

Last night on the autodromo, the dog leg just before the straight, I had the inside line and about a qtr car in front. He did not yield and caused a pile up. Honestly that's just straight up shit

farmerboy

Who should i add right now? .

I got some ideas for the game over the last months i always wanted to share but couldn't, maybe some of them are good, maybe not:

1. Custom Tours

2. MP Tournament Events
Random Time Trials and races are ok, but become stale after a while. Tournaments, even little ones can give a sense of progressions in the normal Driveclub MP dayli random routine. MP can be split in two sections, one for MP Single Events, One for Tournaments. Since these are consecutive races and no one wants to beat horrendously or get easy win after win, a difficulty banner would be good. Good racers register for hard races, not so good one for easy and medium. Or better, just use the difficulty terms of the game: Rookie, ... Legend.

The clue: It depends solely on your official star ranking on what are you allowed to register, depending on the number of tour events this player has, so premium DLC and non premium DLC users are considered equal.
As an example: If a premium DLC user has 675 stars and a non premium DLC user has only 315, they're considered equal, if he can use the cars of the tournament. Certainly, this idea is only possible with a stable connection the game unfortunately doesn't have right now. Maybe this idea was already mentioned here in some way. Just as a quick thought of this difficulty thing:

Rookie: Just people with a very low amount of stars, maybe under 20% or equal.
Amatuer: Just people under 40% of stars or equal, but no rookies allowed.
Semi Pro: People under 60% of stars or equal are allowed, but no rookies or amatures.
Professional: People under 95% of stars or equal. Semi Pros are allowed to, but no Amatuers or Rookies. Can participate in Legend Tournaments.
Legend: People with 100% stars are only allowed to participate in Legend difficulty, they can't drive anything below cause obvious reasons.

Notice: This is not meant to replace the upcoming private lobbies, just more variety in random events.

3. Better Challenge point system

4. Hot Hatch DLC Tour and Car pack

PS: I'm 28.

Great first post, particularly like your ideas on MP but I think they are flat out just trying to get it work right now.

I've always been fond of the idea of handicapping/staggered starts, which would probably work best in private lobbies. They could be based on your best time on the leaderboard for that track. With the right friends in the same party you could make that work now anyway. It would make for some pretty frantic final laps as everyone would come together and hit the finish line all within a couple of seconds.

Sorry for the double post :)

5taquitos

Are Face-offs broken right now for anyone else? Each one I hit doesn't have an opponent and I just set a new record. Sometimes it will say "Downloading" as I approach it or nothing will happen at all.

Ainsz

ICars are great and all, but more tracks is what I really want. Any lined up? Also, didn't Sony announce that DC will be supported more like a service from now on. Does that mean more DLC after the season pass ends?

That Papo thing has really ticked you off hasn't it :-( I know when he had a go at me I was actually shaking with anger at all the shit he was coming out with but didn't have my mic plugged in to reply.

Like you say, we all have a pretty good idea of what is acceptable or accidental contact and what is excessive or deliberate. To pass someone you have to get close and the slightest move can lead to disaster - this vid was against two of the guys I race with all the time so we're used to what each other does and accidents still happen.

http://youtu.be/CUsuh7Yr22o
Oh man, pretty much the same thing happened at pretty much the same spot when I was racing with my mate. I found it funny than annoying.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&persist_app=1&v=jQ9-pYZanP0

But there are those that spend a whole racing just looking to ram and a lot of the time, the game penalises the victim more.

benzy

Cars are great and all, but more tracks is what I really want. Any lined up? Also, didn't Sony announce that DC will be supported more like a service from now on. Does that mean more DLC after the season pass ends?

I think it's always been supported as a service since the release with their DLC and monthly-update/feedback plan, so we're not sure if Sony is referring to what we already know we're getting until summer or if there's more new content in the works. They already laid off half of the studio. :(

Ainsz

I think it's always been supported as a service since the release with their DLC and monthly-update/feedback plan, so we're not sure if Sony is referring to what we already know we're getting until summer or if there's more new content in the works. They already laid off half of the studio. :(

Yeah it's sad that DriveClub had a poor launch and Motorstorm's future looking bleak. DriveClub's a great base to add to though once they get it running stable.

Duallusion

Are Face-offs broken right now for anyone else? Each one I hit doesn't have an opponent and I just set a new record. Sometimes it will say "Downloading" as I approach it or nothing will happen at all.

It's happening to me too. Not that I care though. If I could, I'd turn the drifting one off in an instant, since it's popping up even in time trials. They could cut that one out altogether, IMO, and lessen the server load a bit. And either change the opacity of those checkered starting lines or change them to flags on both sides of the road. The last thing you need racing in bad weather at night is those damn face-off starting points blinding you.

And fame leaderboard was fucked up too since last I checked, btw. That server maintenance didn't go so well, to say the least.

Yeah I've often been used as a braking point in some races, if you have a 1 second lead and heading to a hairpin where you need to slow down, more often than not people will see that as a chance to slam you in to a wall and carry on their merry little way.

Yeah I've often been used as a braking point in some races, if you have a 1 second lead and heading to a hairpin where you need to slow down, more often than not people will see that as a chance to slam you in to a wall and carry on their merry little way.

I know that feel. At that point, your car is not a car in front of them...you're a braking tool! LOL

Yep same here! The other annoying move is when they dive up the inside of you with way too much speed so they can't make it around the corner but effectively wall off your exit to the bend and send you straight into the wall :-(

Yep same here! The other annoying move is when they dive up the inside of you with way too much speed so they can't make it around the corner but effectively wall off your exit to the bend and send you straight into the wall :-(

Yeah had that a few times, I'm by no means the fastest racer, but when I get in front I can usually hold that and pick the right lines, being shoved to the outside lines by someone just throwing it up the inside doesn't seem quite right.

Top Bottom