• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT2| You Can't Rush Evolution

kie25

On the topic of how to deal with dirty drivers I remember this overtake which was against skillet, I know he ain't that bad now as I have him on my list, but in this race 1st time I came across him it felt like he was trying to take me out at every chance, I just think he was having a angry race (we all have them). But still watch how I made him look abit daft by doing a Nigel mansell on him :) https://youtu.be/ilnfglwgNUg

farmerboy

Great racing with mangochutney and anythingbut66 tonight. Too good for me though I reckon I was slightly off. :)

As for a dirty driver register can we add mango to it?
I never got close enough for suspect tactics to ever come into it :(

Hey, never mind me - get that Anything fellow on it!

jnbwum.gif

KillGore

Okay guys, I just got DriveClub but have yet to play it. Was wondering about the season pass though. If I purchase it, will I receive all the content that's been released since day 1? Is there DLC that's NOT included in the season pass?

I've never purchased a season pass before, and this may be the first.

Okay guys, I just got DriveClub but have yet to play it. Was wondering about the season pass though. If I purchase it, will I receive all the content that's been released since day 1? Is there DLC that's NOT included in the season pass?

You will get access to everything.

There is no DLC outside of the season pass, pre-order bonus liveries are the only exception I guess.

There is DLC that isn't included in the season pass but it is free, these are extra tracks and game features that don't split the player base. From what we know so far all paid DLC until July is included in the season pass.

knavish

I try my best. ^^ *Mango had a bit of a winning streak going on earlier tho*

Mango,that's slander your spreading there! :p *My excuse is i always bounce around through those bleeding tunnels on that track,just unlucky it was you acting as the berm!*

I think i just raced you mate! Got accused of being a cheat at the end by some scouser lol

kie25

So I'm slightly annoyed just had a go on venom hotlap and managed a 1.12.2 which would put me 1st again but servers went and time is lost, then I thought ahh well I'll get it again as it wasn't a perfect lap, so instead thought I'll go in multiplayer to play some races with people to see that 1 in 6 is a race the rest are time trials? Come on who ever is deciding these decisions needs to realise people want to race, there is time trials and challenges for that built into the game.

kie25

I'm starting a name and shame for people that do deliberate blocking like this, luckily here I still got past and won, but im going to start a playlist in my you tube called name and shame :) anyone does stupid driving they get named :) if it's Driveclub, f1, project cars it don't matter, this is my 1st name and shame

. https://youtu.be/diclQROENUc

Twitter is to short to ramble.....

Ok,ways to improve multiplayer. Skill based ranking maybe based on finishing position,run it silently over a month to collect data then when switched on you "should" just get to race with people of your current skill set. I.E, race like a doughnut,you`ll aquire a low "score" leading to you racing with equally useless drivers,score high and you`ll be pushed in every race to win hopefully with good,clean racers.

Have it banded (4-5 bands maybe?) so there's a bit of crossover between rankings to enable full races.

Anyone else care to add?

*Note: I'm old as you know so i'm allowed to ramble* :D

Ainsz

So I'm slightly annoyed just had a go on venom hotlap and managed a 1.12.2 which would put me 1st again but servers went and time is lost, then I thought ahh well I'll get it again as it wasn't a perfect lap, so instead thought I'll go in multiplayer to play some races with people to see that 1 in 6 is a race the rest are time trials? Come on who ever is deciding these decisions needs to realise people want to race, there is time trials and challenges for that built into the game.

Agreed, the time trial events are fun but today is a bit overblown. Some other days, the events have been lacking similarly. But I imagine the guys at the downsized Evolution are having a hard time keeping up with everything they have to do at the moment

Edit: What happened to endurance events, are they no longer a thing?

kie25

Agreed, the time trial events are fun but today is a bit overblown. Some other days, the events have been lacking similarly. But I imagine the guys at the downsized Evolution are having a hard time keeping up with everything they have to do at the moment.

Yes I totally understand how busy they must be, but choosing 5 Time trials for every 1 race seems odd this has nothing to do with staff numbers it's just a bad decision, imagine someone buys Driveclub today just to play online as online racing is all you play then you go online to see that event list? Things like that need to be thought about. Especially on a Sunday when allot people will be wanting to race.

Yes I totally understand how busy they must be, but choosing 5 Time trials for every 1 race seems odd this has nothing to do with staff numbers it's just a bad decision, imagine someone buys Driveclub today just to play online as online racing is all you play then you go online to see that event list? Things like that need to be thought about. Especially on a Sunday when allot people will be wanting to race.
I do wonder if it isn't just randomly generated, so that they don't have to touch it once it's launched.

phen0m24

Just got the game and am now trying to figure out how to beat a couple of people's times on the VW lap. Using the Beetle I got 1:41 and am not in a club yet to try it with the Golf.

This is very teeth grinding, similar to getting the gold trophies back in GT.

Beautiful game -

PSN colonelocorn

Holy crap Kie you're the 5th top speed?

WOW

kie25

I do wonder if it isn't just randomly generated, so that they don't have to touch it once it's launched.

I don't think they are though I'm sure they xhoose the events. Nobody likes Driveclub more than myself but I'll always give negative feedback where I see it needed.

I don't think they are though I'm sure they xhoose the events. Nobody likes Driveclub more than myself but I'll always give negative feedback where I see it needed.
I'd say they're random. They won't want someone to sit there every day and go 'hmm what shall we have today'.

So I reckon it is all procedurally done, because they'd have to carry on doing it for years.

There is a Team Time Trial and Time Trial, so yes I wouldn't pick it but they are different and if it is all random it needs to not pick one when the other is already picked.

Anyone else care to add?

I haven't really played much of the multiplayer comparatively speaking and have slowly been getting into it but I certainly think a ranking system would make it better. I don't necessarily think a ranking system based on position would come in helpful as there are a lot of players who regularly come first but use very dirty tactics to get there, usually forcing players into bumpers. I'd rather see some sort of ranking system based on lap times, my reasoning for this is those who focus on the track in front usually get higher lap times than those who like to focus on those behind. Ideally it would be best to punish those who put people into barriers but it would be very hard to differentiate between an accidental impact, trading paint and a purposeful impact, perhaps an impact calculator could work though as those that do it constantly are going to have much higher statistic for the amount of impacts and this would be a consistently high whereas those who attempt to avoid them would have a lower statistic and be more irregular.

farmerboy

Havn't seen a single race where AnythingBut66 hasn't come first.

Yes, a bit underrated on this board, he's very good especially for an old codger ;)

I'm starting a name and shame for people that do deliberate blocking like this, luckily here I still got past and won, but im going to start a playlist in my you tube called name and shame :) anyone does stupid driving they get named :) if it's Driveclub, f1, project cars it don't matter, this is my 1st name and shame

. https://youtu.be/diclQROENUc

On that evidence alone I'm not exactly sure he has tried to block you, maybe there's been other incidents through the race that you haven't highlighted which would bring this more into context. I mean he moved pretty late, maybe between moving around the road so much and you coming up pretty quick its just an innocent bump.

Oh God I hope we don't race, you'll think I'm the biggest prick going around, though the only time you'd see me is if I started higher on the grid, or if you lapped me! :)

We need a stewards enquiry.

Ok,ways to improve multiplayer. Skill based ranking maybe based on finishing position,run it silently over a month to collect data then when switched on you "should" just get to race with people of your current skill set. I.E, race like a doughnut,you`ll aquire a low "score" leading to you racing with equally useless drivers,score high and you`ll be pushed in every race to win hopefully with good,clean racers.

Have it banded (4-5 bands maybe?) so there's a bit of crossover between rankings to enable full races.

Anyone else care to add?

Yeah some sort of matchmaking would be grand, though the lack of it may be a symptom of the overall server/online trouble?

I agree though, there are races that I lap people, and while I'm competent I'm not that good. In any case they're really bad and we shouldn't really be in a race together. It can be really irritating on a tight track and having someone who is clearly crap bounce from side to side and take you out inadvertently.

Agreed, the time trial events are fun but today is a bit overblown. Some other days, the events have been lacking similarly. But I imagine the guys at the downsized Evolution are having a hard time keeping up with everything they have to do at the moment

Edit: What happened to endurance events, are they no longer a thing?

Endurance races need to happen more, no doubt. Though I am glad it kinda forced me to have a go, time trials can be awesome fun.

kie25

Yes, a bit underrated on this board, he's very good especially for an old codger ;)

On that evidence alone I'm not exactly sure he has tried to block you, maybe there's been other incidents through the race that you haven't highlighted which would bring this more into context. I mean he moved pretty late, maybe between moving around the road so much and you coming up pretty quick its just an innocent bump.

Oh God I hope we don't race, you'll think I'm the biggest prick going around, though the only time you'd see me is if I started higher on the grid, or if you lapped me! :)

Are you joking I've got the whole video he clean swipes me into the wall? There is no more deliberate that you can get. I'd hate to race in your races if you think that is ok ;)

kie25

And also there was no previous I was miles behind him after lap 1 due to other dirty drivers, that was 1st time I came near him, if I wasn't there he would hit the wall t
It was totally deliberate, people are always doing it. There was no reason to go to that side if he was covering the line as it would made sense to stay on the inside, I nessafec him asking why he did it and still don't have a reply so I'm guessing it was 100% deliberate, to be fair I think it's easily clear it was deliberate ha.

Shaneus

Nah, I think that was a fairly shitty move. You can tell easily enough with the size of the arrows at the bottom of the HUD if someone's coming up fast enough to block or not, and he had no chance. Pretty clear intention to take him out, I think.

farmerboy

Are you joking I've got the whole video he clean swipes me into the wall? There is no more deliberate that you can get. I'd hate to race in your races if you think that is ok ;)

You'd love to race in my races and they would be tender and rewarding experiences ;) And seriously, no, that shit is not ok.

Look, I've had another look at the vid cos I think this is an interesting conversation. First thing this morning I admit I didn't realise he pushed you into the wall and upon looking at it again and on face value, yeah, it looks like an extremely shitty move. Cut me some slack, it was 5:30am!

Now I'm playing devil's advocate, but I still maintain that it's entirely possible that he has not been paying attention, moved over as maybe that side of the track is easier to negotiate that chicane from, hasn't seen you and collided. Not everyone is on the same skill level and the more casual players certainly won't be thinking about those things.

The lack of matchmaking has certainly contributed to this thought of dirty drivers, I think there is an important distinction between a careless, inexperienced driver and a dirty one. For me, a one off incident like that I'll give the benefit of the doubt to them. Second time though, they go on the bastard list. As you all know, the dirty one's will try that shit every time.

So probably not likely, but possible that he might not have meant it.

For the record though, and upon looking at it again, I think he meant it. Cheeky bastard.

Nah, I think that was a fairly shitty move. You can tell easily enough with the size of the arrows at the bottom of the HUD if someone's coming up fast enough to block or not, and he had no chance. Pretty clear intention to take him out, I think.

It was definitely deliberate, the guy was caught out by how quick Kie was on him so misjudged his wall slam attempt. I think if there's going to do a blacklist tho full videos need to be posted with a time the incident occurred, otherwise it'd be very easy to blacklist someone for a retaliation after they'd been smashed all over the place. Certainly not saying that you'd do this Kie, just that somone could submit a vid on here that shows an incident without the provocation that led to it.

kie25

It was definitely deliberate, the guy was caught out by how quick Kie was on him so misjudged his wall slam attempt. I think if there's going to do a blacklist tho full videos need to be posted with a time the incident occurred, otherwise it'd be very easy to blacklist someone for a retaliation after they'd been smashed all over the place. Certainly not saying that you'd do this Kie, just that somone could submit a vid on here that shows an incident without the provocation that led to it.

Yes I'm just doing it for my youtube as uploading a 5 min race takes my internet a day ha, if I think I've damaged someone's race I'll always let them back past like here

https://youtu.be/3fbfUUikIM0

Looking back on the video though I was a bit to generous but I like to win by clean overtake and I wasn't sure here so it let him bk past to try get a clean move done.

Ainsz

Yes I'm just doing it for my youtube as uploading a 5 min race takes my internet a day ha, if I think I've damaged someone's race I'll always let them back past like here

https://youtu.be/3fbfUUikIM0

Looking back on the video though I was a bit to generous but I like to win by clean overtake and I wasn't sure here so it let him bk past to try get a clean move done.

Wow, it. Looks like he let you pass on the next lap. Either way it meant you had something to race for the last lap.

Anyone else care to add?

I think silently monitoring the number of impacts for each player and matching on that would be a good idea. Even if you didn't cause the impact, it would even out in the end.

kie25

Wow, it. Looks like he let you pass on the next lap. Either way it meant you had something to race for the last lap.
Ha I think that's just the slipstream in Driveclub, I'm hoping when private lobbies come we can alter settings line this, as at the moment it's far to strong.

kie25

I think silently monitoring the number of impacts for each player and matching on that would be a good idea. Even if you didn't cause the impact, it would even out in the end.

I doubt it will happen as it would mean more load on the servers, and at the moment they just can't cope with any extra strain, hopefully the update next Monday will maybe have stuff that helps the latest server update.

Auctopus

Well car pack should come in the very last week of the month, the patch usually a week before that. So no clue if we already get something next week.

Maybe a wild Rush will appear.

Announcement of said patch and content usually happen within the first two weeks.

kie25

*clicks heels*

"There's no place like private lobbies, there's no place like private lobbies."

I wouldn't hold your breath for that yet, you need to think private lobbies will be down to the server team, and the servers team priorities at present will be getting ps plus ready, maybe mays update, only problem then though is Project cars that may not be graphically great but seems to have every detail racers want, fuel tyre wear set ups every type car possible, pit stops. Both are very different in type of games. Only thing I worry about PC is if it can keep a solid 60fps on ps4.

Top Bottom