• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT2| You Can't Rush Evolution

DrKelpo

Banned
tumblr_n7c5pjksbq1sgsitwo3_500.gif

isn't that from the buffy musical episode?

Finally got some online racing in. Fun, but pretty dirty too. The whole "loaner car" thing is stupid as hell. It takes forever to get into a race, and then you wait until right before it starts to tell me that the only eligible car is one I don't have? WTF, Evo?
When you first enter an event, even before you register for it, I believe the window on the left will have a small icon of keys if you don't have the car for the race. The icon means the car will be a loaner, but no points you accumulate during the event will be saved for you. Disappointing that this isn't well explained, but once you know you can avoid registering for those events.

Late Flag

When you first enter an event, even before you register for it, I believe the window on the left will have a small icon of keys if you don't have the car for the race. The icon means the car will be a loaner, but no points you accumulate during the event will be saved for you. Disappointing that this isn't well explained, but once you know you can avoid registering for those events.

Thank you! I completely missed this.

I just unlocked the Venom GT, went straight to a time trial in Chile, no HUD, starting at night. This was the most intense feeling I ever had in a racing game, holy balls!

Bare in mind, they only finished Motorstorm Apocalypse in 2011 and Motorstorm RC in 2012. Considering they, from scratch, built a brand new engine and modelled those cars and tracks, I don't think the numbers are that far off... it's the busted online that concerns me but only in the vague sense that Sony and Evolution completely underestimated how popular the game would be.
I can understand why they'd have such a short selection of cars if what they said about the time it takes to create a single car being ~7 months.

I can understand why they'd have such a short selection of cars if what they said about the time it takes to create a single car being ~7 months.

That's why I don't understand why they scrapped the walking around cars feature they originally said was going to be present. They went on and on about how the stitching in the seats was even authentic but you can hardly see any of that detail.

Leg-End

Just hit 225, last leg of the tour is very fun with the fast speeds. That Venom GT made short work of it though, love that car.

Was a bit worried about the Venom hotlap, reading about peoples frustrations but thankfully actually nailed that on about the 4th lap. Hopefully I've timed it about right to move on from the tour to the online/challenges.

Haha, just wasted another hour of my life waiting for online matches, sessions, etc.
Thanx EVO. Or should i call you ERROR. Might want to change your name to that.

OmegaDL50

Just hit 225, last leg of the tour is very fun with the fast speeds. That Venom GT made short work of it though, love that car.

Was a bit worried about the Venom hotlap, reading about peoples frustrations but thankfully actually nailed that on about the 4th lap. Hopefully I've timed it about right to move on from the tour to the online/challenges.

Well just consider this, the offline tour mode was comprised of 55 events and 225 stars to complete it.

The Season Pass is going to add an additional 176 Events.

If 55 events had 225 stars to clear. So just imagine how many stars will need to be obtained for those 176 coming in the subsequent months for this game.

Along with the new cars added for those new events. All things considered for those staying for the long haul, Driveclub in 9 months from now when all of the games content becomes available will be a very different game compared to the two short weeks that have passed since it's launch.

Till you hit a pebble.

I'd say most scores are spot on IMO. It's a game that...needs to evolve to get to where it needs to be. Though I doubt it'll get the time it needs before people write it off as a failure.

If I may ask, why the frak am I watching this video on facebook?

It was taking forever to copy into both my usb thumbdrives (over 30 mins for a 14 sec video, TF?) so I was like fuck it, and decided to upload it to fb :)

wapplew

Well just consider this, the offline tour mode was comprised of 55 events and 225 stars to complete it.

If 55 events had 225 stars to clear. So just imagine how many stars will need to be obtained for those 176 coming in the subsequent months for this game.

Along with the new cars added for those new events. All things considered for those staying for the long haul, Driveclub in 9 months from now when all of the games content becomes available will be a very different game compared to the two short weeks that have passed since it's launch.

Now we wait for driveclub completely soulless edition.

Leg-End

Sounds promising, I think the nature of the game is very much tailored to picking up and having a quick blast on anyway. Once we get stable leaderboards and challenges that is going to be a massive time sink for me anyway.

It was taking forever to copy into both my usb thumbdrives (over 30 mins for a 14 sec video, TF?) so I was like fuck it, and decided to upload it to fb :)

What file system do you have your USB sticks in? I have a 5 year old SanDisk 8 GB stick formatted with the exFAT file system and it transfers 15 minutes of footage (828 MB) in just under 6 minutes.

What file system do you have your USB sticks in? I have a 5 year old SanDisk 8 GB stick formatted with the exFAT file system and it transfers 15 minutes of footage (828 MB) in just under 6 minutes.

I tried NTFS, fat32, exfat on both of them, same results. I'm pretty sure they're busted, probably cause I messed them up a little bit when I was building my hackintosh lol. They only had a 200mb EFI partition before I formatted them.

Thank you! I completely missed this.
Sure thing! Here's a screenshot for others to see. The icon of the car keys on the left indicate the car will be a loaner and you'll earn none of the points you get in the race. It's easy to back out of the event at this point and choose another.

LfzfXxl.png

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
Man I struggled with that event...

If anyone here was watching the stream I was doing they'll know what I'm talking about. I just kept getting progressively worse and worse.

Thanks! I really can't wait to see challenges take off. Adds infinite longevity to the game. Hope it gets fixed soon!
Did you drift at all in any of the corners or are you just braking before the turns? I am trying to brake before turns and punch it out of them. My best time so far is 1:16.4. Im curious if any of you that have beat the time are drifting for any of the corners.

murgo

Did you drift at all in any of the corners or are you just braking before the turns? I am trying to brake before turns and punch it out of them. My best time so far is 1:16.4. Im curious if any of you that have beat the time are drifting for any of the corners.

If you drift, you lose. Try to keep as much traction as possible and don't accelerate too much.

viveks86

No. Drifting gets you nowhere on this track, or most race tracks for that matter. You lose too much speed and momentum. Braking is the only way. Having never gotten into sim racers, I found this wayyyy too technical for me. Had to read online about braking and driving lines and keep practicing. Phew...

Moozo

I found it a lot quicker to drift around the long left hander

If you drift, you lose. Try to keep as much traction as possible and don't accelerate too much.

No. Drifting gets you nowhere on this track, or most race tracks for that matter. You lose too much speed and momentum. Braking is the only way. Having never gotten into sim racers, I found this wayyyy too technical for me. Had to read online about braking and driving lines and keep practicing. Phew...

Alright, I'll keep at it. Maybe I should check out some youtube vids of the time being beat, There must just be a few lines I'm not hitting properly.

And good job on the 225 stars viveks! You beat me to it!
I found it a lot quicker to drift around the long left hander

Thats what I was trying. I swear thats the turn thats getting me.

TheBear

I didn't receive a code for my preorder cars. How do I go about getting them? I've checked the notifications and I haven't received anything

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
Alright, I'll keep at it. Maybe I should check out some youtube vids of the time being beat, There must just be a few lines I'm not hitting properly.

And good job on the 225 stars viveks! You beat me to it!

Thats what I was trying. I swear thats the turn thats getting me.

Slow into it from the outside, let the momentum carry you to the apex and punch it when your ass is straight.

EDIT: I realize this sounds quite sexual, but we're talking cars here...

garyBig

isn't that from the buffy musical episode?

Counterquestion: Did you give birth to a pterodactyl today?

--

Online's working fine for me, elevates the game even further imo and mp races are too much fun. I really hope they get the last kinks out of their system soon because this game deserves to shine.

Top Bottom