• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT2| You Can't Rush Evolution

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
Fuck me! Anyone got a similar video but with insane graphics quality? This video looks like shit (graphics wise) but the sense of speed is insane!

Up the resolution. I think the video wasn't done processing when I upped it.

Also that track looks beautiful at night, especially when the brake discs start to flare up and reflect on the walls and the pavement.

It's actually a modified Lotus Exige which was meant to be little more then a straight line highspeed monster, not much different then the Bugatti Veyron (Which is also handles like a boat and ISN'T an American car so your analogy towards American sports cars is a bit off)

I certainly wouldn't make the claim that the SRT Viper, Ford GT, C7 Stingray, or Saleen S7 handle like bathtubs.

the ford gt is basically a british car.

Pimpwerx

No update on the PS+ release date still? I was a lock to buy the upgrade game before, but not I'm probably putting that $50 elsewhere. If DC isn't out by month's end, I'm putting that money into Dragon Age Inquisition. DC is beautiful, but it's still first gen. There'll be prettier racers with less stupidity associated with their releases. I've really be disappointed by this debacle. PEACE.

NeoRausch

Man I'm really not the best racer in the world but some of the random players out I've got paired with... Jeez!
They made me look like the god of gasoline!

From GTP:

Lovidzl.gif

"They can literally run you over online and get away with it"

I lold

Please tell me this isn't accurate.

If you think you overshot a corner and barreling towards a wall, try and get the car sideways by using the handbrake. I bet you'll see that your braking distance has been shortened compared to a legit straight line braking manouvre. Riding the barrier (also gives too much advantage imo) might be faster and you'll have ruined your cornering speed but sliding sideways can save you from hitting the wall.

Not saying it is faster. But it makes the physics unpredictable. Wall riding should be severely punished btw. People get away with too much shit.

dano1

A Sheep
I suppose its normal that some events do not save my times for the leaderboards?
Anything I can do about it or is there at least a list of tracks that are affected?
On the first page, I cant make any leaderboard entries for Munnar Rally, Volkswagen series and Mini GP, but the ones before worked.

Set a few times on day one. A few didn't register. Tried some over last night. Didn't register until I looked at it today. Kind of slow at the moment.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Set a few times on day one. A few didn't register. Tried some over last night. Didn't register until I looked at it today. Kind of slow at the moment.

So all of your times registered eventually? I am still waiting for some times to register that I drove 2-3 days ago.

DagsJT

I'm trying to invite a friend to my club but a good few show as "unknown" in my friend list, is there any way around that?

GoaThief

the ford gt is basically a british car.
So is the Venom pretty much.

Lotus base, US engine, assembled/built in England. I believe they're even sold/registered as a modified Lotus, due to the VIN plate.

Just sent a request. PSN: Bloodbathnbyond
Ohhh, I just realised who you are. PSN ID to GAF alias. Never had that invite to that Aphex party though! Hope to see you again in Destiny (and DC).

;-)

After a lot of hours with this game it makes me think they should totally do a spinoff to compete with forza horizon. Driving round Chile till the sun goes down makes me think of how amazing it would be having an open world Driveclub game with this engine.

So is the Venom pretty much.

Lotus base, US engine, assembled/built in England. I believe they're even sold/registered as a modified Lotus, due to the VIN plate.

Ohhh, I just realised who you are. PSN ID to GAF alias. Never had that invite to that Aphex party though! Hope to see you again in Destiny (and DC).

;-)

Oh that was you???? Hahahaha. I was listening to it this morning actually. Funny.

I have no problem with a bit more of "contact" racing in Multiplayer and a bit of ramming. But hell, it shouldn't be that everytime you try to overtake someone he tries to spin you and succeds 50% of the time. Fuck this shit.

Taker34

Banned
Finally managed to play a couple of raced with an online connection. It's just sad to see that my club just reached LVL10 (4 players) while I'm almost at 30. The game still rocks though. So excited for DLC and feature patches.

Btw, I have 2 slots left in my "N7 Spectres" club. Join if you want, I also accept any friend request.

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
Im pretty sure they put the wrong color flags on at least 2 corners on that track.

Yellow instead of green?

I found myself slowing down anticipating a harder turn without checking the map on a couple of them.

After a lot of hours with this game it makes me think they should totally do a spinoff to compete with forza horizon. Driving round Chile till the sun goes down makes me think of how amazing it would be having an open world Driveclub game with this engine.

YES. I'd love to play that. Although they can also give us a much longer time trial track, that would be nice.

YES. I'd love to play that. Although they can also give us a much longer time trial track, that would be nice.
Option C could just be a roundabout at each end of the point-to-point tracks so you can speed up the mountain, turn around and then speed right back down the mountain, and repeat going to there and back again to your heart's content ;p

I haven't bought this game yet, but I am planning to.

Is it difficult to get into the game if you pick it up late and are behind everyone else?

Brooks2304

Neo Member
How are the servers holding up everyone? I'm looking to get this game on Sunday, but hoping that the online is somewhat functional lol.

Dawg

Unbeatable
Win 5 of your own Solo Challenges after sending them to at least one other player.

Does anyone here have this? I figured it would work by just sending 5 challenges where I was already #1 but it doesn't... not even after sending like 25 challenges.

murgo

Unbeatable
Win 5 of your own Solo Challenges after sending them to at least one other player.

Does anyone here have this? I figured it would work by just sending 5 challenges where I was already #1 but it doesn't... not even after sending like 25 challenges.

Huh? Challenges don't even work yet?!

Unbeatable

The challenge section is blacked out for me. How does this stuff work?

iFootball

New FB update from EVO:

We're still improving server performance to get all of you enjoying full online connectivity together, but the majority of DRIVECLUB players should now be able to connect and play online.

More server updates and upgrades are coming online over the weekend, so while this work continues you may still experience some issues with connectivity but please keep trying. When you do get connected you can go online, play for your club, use your club cars, play multiplayer races, compete in face-offs, and compare your best times and scores with everyone on the leaderboards. This is in addition to playing in Tour mode, creating your own single events and customising your cars in your garage (which you can do offline too).

We will continue to keep you informed as we make progress and we know we've said this before but we mean it: We know how frustrating it is when you can't get connected and we feel it too. We are working flat out to get online sign-in, multiplayer racing and leaderboards running smoothly for everyone, all of the time.

We can't thank you enough for your messages of support and feedback during the past week, so please keep talking to us and sharing your thoughts about the game while you play.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Can't believe "Team Cthulhu" was still a free, valid club name.

So, is it all working now for most?
Really doubt it.

Even if I could get online, the fact that I can only take part in types of races that do not interest me in the slightest means it's still broken.

Won't be fixed till I can turn on my Ps4, start DC and jump into a 10+ lap endurance race lobby, because that's what I chose, not because it was the only thing the game will let me do.

Top Bottom