• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT2| You Can't Rush Evolution

Ding-Ding

So I am presuming that the LaFerrari is the free car for this month, just with a few strings attached to get it (already maxed it myself)

Well, its a bloody good start for the new update. Already looking forward to finding out what other cars Evo have in store for us

kie25

So I am presuming that the LaFerrari is the free car for this month, just with a few strings attached to get it (already maxed it myself)

Well, its a bloody good start for the new update. Already looking forward to finding out what other cars Evo have in store for us

No we are still getting a free car as well, this we get on Monday :) I asked rushy on Twitter.

Shaneus

Yes it is and a very nice present.
I just want some damn hatches/sports category cars in the next update. Or any update.

:(

Edit: And agreed, they're definitely stepping up their trailer game with that LaFerrari one. Hopefully it means replay views/transitions are improved as well.

xrnzaaas

Thankfully I only had 9 kilometers to lvl5 of the Ferrari accolade so now I'm ready. :) I'm pretty sure that I drove more km than it was required, but from what I remember the statistics didn't work properly after the premiere and they fixed them with one of the patches.

Shaneus

Joining the club:
HYqSsrI.jpg

8K4scYA.png

xrnzaaas

Nice, congrats. Driveclub platinum trophy is still pretty rare despite so many months since the premiere. Psnprofiles is showing that only ~7% of the people got it.

Nice, congrats. Driveclub platinum trophy is still pretty rare despite so many months since the premiere. Psnprofiles is showing that only ~7% of the people got it.

Just looked on my trophy list, just 0.7% with the plat is unbelievable, thought it'd be way higher. It was my first (and only) platinum and I got it back on the 22nd December :) I played DC a lot in the early days! Vaga will have beaten that by about a month tho I bet...

Skii

Haven't played this game much in ages. Bloodborne has taken up so much of my time. Looking forward to trying out the Lambos and The Ferrari LaFerrari.

Am I still able to download that buggy or was that only for April fools day?

Vanguard

Just a question about face offs lately (and not sure if already posted here so apologies if so) but has anyone else had a problem with them recently where you're not being challenged against other players and it's just telling to me to set a score?

I think that's just a server issue. As it only ever seems to happen when leaderboards are dodgy for me.

Either that or they are wiping all the dodgy entries

desu

Just a question about face offs lately (and not sure if already posted here so apologies if so) but has anyone else had a problem with them recently where you're not being challenged against other players and it's just telling to me to set a score?

That's "normal", happening to lots of people. I guess they are cleaning up leader boards (or it's a legit issue).

Vanguard

Ah cheers, least it's not just me then. Started about a week ago or two for me and I think I've honestly only ever seen about 5 face-offs against other people since :\, never had this before then. Ah well, happily going through all the dlc tours at the moment as I didn't have enough time due to some circumstances after I bought the season pass.

kie25

Just looked on my trophy list, just 0.7% with the plat is unbelievable, thought it'd be way higher. It was my first (and only) platinum and I got it back on the 22nd December :) I played DC a lot in the early days! Vaga will have beaten that by about a month tho I bet...

Got the plat on 10 December but would been week after launch if challenges worked ha, had to wait for challenges to be activated. did get the game a week early, won it at evo in a time trial challenge :)

Shaneus

Yeah, I'm surprised... but given that for some people (well, people who don't play DC daily) it can be a grind, I'm not *that* surprised.

Thanks all! It's my first platinum ever (including PS3), too.

krioto

La Ferrari trailer looks great - I've maxed all the manufacturer accolades, so I'll be driving this beauty as soon as it is released - I wonder what the other free car is this month?

Yeah, me too.
How did some guys get the trophy after 1 or 2 weeks?

No one got it that quickly as like Kie says you needed the challenges to be enabled and they weren't for quite a while. To get it quickly was a moxture of playing a lot and checking what accolades were required and going for them rather than just picking the car / track / event you normally would.

Congrats, out of interest what was your final trophy to pop the platinum?

I'm currently grinding out another 140 races for the gameplay mode accolade then I'm done.

I have only 13 left. What I did is, I used circuits track with full grid dynamic weather, and one lap, and every circuit track driven with different car, starting from the slowest and then progress. It's very fun, even if I did't finish first. Always trying to race clean or just one AI car just to see what car will Driveclub offer for that one AI. It's very entertaining and kills the grind part.

Shaneus

Congrats, out of interest what was your final trophy to pop the platinum?

I'm currently grinding out another 140 races for the gameplay mode accolade then I'm done.
Drift accolade, that was the closest I had to being one which was closest to completion. Everything else was done fairly conclusively.
I'd screenshot a page if there was one that covered everything concisely, but I don't think that's possible.

xrnzaaas

Yeah, exactly. The platinum would've been more difficult if it required to gather all stars from the main tours (including Venom Hot Lap). It doesn't and in my opinion the only reason why it's so rare is because it's time-consuming and a lot of people can't/don't want to invest 30-40 hours in a single game.

I also must admit this is one of only four platinum trophies I got. The rest are really simple games (including two adventures from Telltale), because usually I don't have the patience for annoying or time-consuming trophies. Not in this case, though. :)

kie25

Yeah, exactly. The platinum would've been more difficult if it required to gather all stars from the main tours (including Venom Hot Lap). It doesn't and in my opinion the only reason why it's so rare is because it's time-consuming and a lot of people can't/don't want to invest 30-40 hours in a single game.

I also must admit this is one of only four platinum trophies I got. The rest are really simple games (including two adventures from Telltale), because usually I don't have the patience for annoying or time-consuming trophies. Not in this case, though. :)

Yes driveclubs platinum was very easy, Motorstorm pacific rift was much harder.

desu

I've just noticed a interesting tweet, I personally thought the tracks were done with and no more would be added untill I saw this, although they clearly won't be any soon there must be plans for them check it out. https://twitter.com/driveclub/status/588302078457548800

Doesnt't really mean anything. Imho it just confirms that there won't be any new tracks in the time of season pass 1 (which is not really an surprise). What will happen once the pass runs out is another story, maybe we'll find out at E3? If the PSN+ version is coming in May I wouldn't be surprised if they they make an E3 announcement about it (and the future of the game).

le-seb

I've just noticed a interesting tweet, I personally thought the tracks were done with and no more would be added untill I saw this, although they clearly won't be any soon there must be plans for them check it out. https://twitter.com/driveclub/status/588302078457548800
I do expect more locations/tracks will be added to the game once the season pass ends, which would fit the 'not anytime soon' line.
Now, I also do expect this added content to be some you'll have to pay for.

Ainsz

Would anyone agree that a better penal system for the races would be adding time to the player's finish time rather than tempararily put them to a speed limit?

The game already bases the end result of a race on the race time and not who actually crosses the line first so I can't see it being much of a change up to the game.

I think it'd be fairer on those who accidentally collide or cut corners and the big draw for me would be the omission of coming up behind someone - at say 160mph just as they come back into visibility after a penalty at around 40 or something. And then get a penalty for it myself, mean while he's been boosted back over 100mph.

sneaky77

Season 2 more tracks, locations, cars and events if they are doing driverclub as a service I think thats probably a given, or some bigger DC expansion download.

Ainsz

Season 2 more tracks, locations, cars and events if they are doing driverclub as a service I think thats probably a given, or some bigger DC expansion download.

Man I hope this is what happens for the game, I'm thinking there will be a lot of new announcements for it at E3. Hopefully some kind of mash up of Imola and Monza if that Italy leak is true. Perhaps some kind of Amalfi Drive Sprint and if we're really lucky:

image.jpg

Top Bottom