• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT2| You Can't Rush Evolution

kie25

@Rushy
Probably not going to see this but I'm going to mention it again anyway as I get the feeling it wasn't seen last time. In the Environment Settings, when you select Dynamic is there any way that there could also be something like a Chance of Rain slider? At the moment it rains every single time when precipitation is set to Dynamic but it would be good to have a slider so you can alter the likelihood of rain anywhere between 0% and 100% because it's far too predictable at the moment.

I like the idea of being able to run a few races and not knowing what the weather is going to be like from race to race rather than just having rain or no rain and having to set it before each race.

This is what I said when I went to the evo studios to do the koenigsegg one :1 footage, the example I used was F1 games, where it will give a percentage chance of rain but no other info, even then 60% chance often didn't rain or just drizzled then stopped. It was more fun like that I'd say.

JP

Woah, didn't realise so many people wanted this to happen. Have PMd Rushy linking back here as stuff quickly gets lost on here, hope he doesn't mind.

What I thought was something like the 0% to 100% that I mentioned but maybe also including a "Random" selection next to it that you could select so that it changed the percentage for each race, it could make it maybe 12% chance of rain one race, 65% the next and maybe 34% the next. that way you'd never really know what you were going to get in each race.

krioto

This is what I said when I went to the evo studios to do the koenigsegg one :1 footage, the example I used was F1 games, where it will give a percentage chance of rain but no other info, even then 60% chance often didn't rain or just drizzled then stopped. It was more fun like that I'd say.
I like this idea

Pena

Neo Member
Oh man, I really like this game. It's just the perfect balance between sim and arcade. In more realistic racers, the sense of speed is usually lacking and the cars feel super understeery(?). Well, that's not the case with Driveclub at all. The sense of speed and grippier cars makes it more immersive and actually more "real" to me, like I'm really driving a fast bad-ass car, not skating around the track with a Lada or something.
Ok, the physics and tire models aren't that accurate I guess but I kinda like it when I'm not fighting the car so much but hitting the right lines.
If I was younger, this game would consume maybe every free hour I have but now, with work and everything, I set my wheel up every now and then and pump up the volume on my headphones and enjoy Driveclub in small chunks. (Well, I have driven some 8000 kilometers still) And I love it.
Thank you, Evolution Studios, Driveclub was my GOTY and the best racing game I have ever played.

Actually Rushy, if you're out there somewhere, is there any chance that you could add a control to the weather options that controls the %chance of precipitation?

I envision it working by controlling the amount of the race affected (from 0% to 100% in steps of ten or random) by the actual severity of precipitation you have chosen.

Eg. If you pick 'Light precipitation' and then picked '30% chance of precipitation' you would have a race where approximately one third of the race was affected by light precipitation. The exact timing (ie one continuous rainstorm or scattered outbreaks) of the precipitation would be left to the game engine to decide.

If you picked Random precipitation and Random %chance of precipitation it would allow for the engine to entirely control the choices.

I find the current system tends to have rain throughout almost the entire race and really only alters the severity of the rain.

The system I am suggesting would, I feel, allow greater scope for creating more realistic and tailored experiences such as racing on a predominantly sunny day but with light scattered showers or racing on a stormy day with an outbreak of torrential rain.

Look. Look!!
I said more or less the same thing about the weather controls all the way back at post #12434.
Add me to the list of people in favour of this change. Lol

-Amon-

@Rushy
Probably not going to see this but I'm going to mention it again anyway as I get the feeling it wasn't seen last time. In the Environment Settings, when you select Dynamic is there any way that there could also be something like a Chance of Rain slider? At the moment it rains every single time when precipitation is set to Dynamic but it would be good to have a slider so you can alter the likelihood of rain anywhere between 0% and 100% because it's far too predictable at the moment.

I like the idea of being able to run a few races and not knowing what the weather is going to be like from race to race rather than just having rain or no rain and having to set it before each race.

This looks like a brilliant idea, that should be implemented asap, if possible.

Stacey

Banned
I really hope Evo add more accolades in the upcoming updates. some manufacturers dont even have any.

Apart from location accolades all I see is 1,(solo challenges) 2,(club challenges) 5, 5, 5, 5, 5, 5, 5, 5, 5, 5, 5, 5, 5, 5, 5, 5, 5, 5, 5, 5, 5, 5, 5, 5, 5

desu

I really hope Evo add more accolades in the upcoming updates. some manufacturers dont even have any.

Apart from location accolades all I see is 1,(solo challenges) 2,(club challenges) 5, 5, 5, 5, 5, 5, 5, 5, 5, 5, 5, 5, 5, 5, 5, 5, 5, 5, 5, 5, 5, 5, 5, 5, 5

It really sucks that they didn't bother do add accolades for all the new content they introduced, not that it changes the game but it's a missing detail.

Shaneus

Finally, FINALLY I'm onto the current DLC with just having completed the Midnight tour. Absolutely loved the touch at the end of the last race with it becoming daylight. Quite poignant :)

@Rushy

+1

^yeah, that would be nice... I use Dynamic usually too but it's usually 1 lap dry for every 2-4 wet (in random order), whereas I would often probably prefer the opposite ratio. really a rather small thing but I'd certainly utilize it often if it was added.

krioto

I bought a new Bravia on the weekend, and properly calibrated it for games - and Holy shit - I thought DC looked excellent before, but now it is on a whole new level!

I love this game so freakin' much. I only bought this mid last month in March and I've been playing it ever since. I just finished all the Tour events and got all possible stars. I mostly play online matches, hence why I have only done these tour events now. I'm Level 38 now, but it's going pretty fast now in the tour stuff. What's the XP gap in the 45-50 levels? 500k? 800K?

Anyway, I only got the Lambo DLC so far but I regret it, because I might as well have bought a Season Pass. I just didn't know I would still be playing this game.

Shaneus

I bought a new Bravia on the weekend, and properly calibrated it for games - and Holy shit - I thought DC looked excellent before, but now it is on a whole new level!
I never know how to properly calibrate my TV. I think it looks as it's supposed to now?

Makikou

Boom, NeoGAF account get. Sure some people here will recognize me :)

*points at kie25, Shannow, SigSwat*

Good to finally be writing here, i really should get back to actually playing the damn game too. Online is just so frustrating in public games!

kie25

Boom, NeoGAF account get. Sure some people here will recognize me :)

*points at kie25, Shannow, SigSwat*

Good to finally be writing here, i really should get back to actually playing the damn game too. Online is just so frustrating in public games!

Everybody welcome makikou one of driveclubs fastest players and proof how fast the pad is, ( I still have not forgiving you for beating me on that Evo challenge ;) ha ) good to have you here mate. Are you getting project cars on PS4 mate? Or you sticking with PC? Haven't seen you online on Driveclub for some time.

Makikou

Everybody welcome makikou one of driveclubs fastest players and proof how fast the pad is, ( I still have not forgiving you for beating me on that Evo challenge ;) ha ) good to have you here mate. Are you getting project cars on PS4 mate? Or you sticking with PC? Haven't seen you online on Driveclub for some time.

Since i backed the game on PC back in like 2011, it's for PC since they removed the ability to choose your preferred platform :/. I doubt i'll double dip onto it and i've yet to buy a wheel that supports the PS4. I have a Driving Force GT currently.

I've been spending a ton of time driving iRacing, the quality of racing is just simply amazing compared to anything else so that is the main reason why i haven't been on Driveclub.
If i come and play now, i'll embarrass myself because i'd be hella slow again. Takes a week or 2 of intense playing to get back to the decent levels of speed :D

PDogg

Neo Member
Hi guys, wanted to drop my first NeoGAF post here in this thread, been lurking for some time and enjoying the Driveclub discussion and my account just got activated over the weekend. Booya!

I've been playing DC solidly since release, mostly the drift challenges, and I'm on a fair bit so if anyone wants some extra competition at drift, feel free to add me (PDogg). I am getting a little quicker and doing more TT'ing so please send me/include me on challenges for either but I don't expect to challenge most of you with my lack of speed.

Regarding the drifting; I am starting to get a little frustrated by the scoring on certain tracks, it's quite buggy with a rising score often pausing during the drift and a few corners, often middle corners in a multi-corner drift zones, regularly score very erratically from one run to the next for no apparent reason. Add that to the abuse of drift zones and clean drifting not been rewarded anywhere near enough/contact with walls not being penalised and it can be rather frustrating.That being said there's still loads of fun to be had and I'm still playing it a lot so I hope to come up against some of you soon :)

PDogg.

MMaRsu

12 top gaffers, private lobby same cars, that'd be something worth recording!

Hmm cant we do that already though?

Not a private match, but if we start 2 sessions filled with 6 players, and we all join the same race it should match us all up right?

Id totally be down for that :). Private servers are taking waaay too long imo.

For those who care, a wild DriveClub theme for ShareFactory appeared in the EU store.

Awesome!!

Just finished the Japan tour. Slowly catching up on the dlc. Damn my need to do everything in order with max stars!! I also hit level 50! Just the damn 5 challenges that never seems to unlock for me and maxing out rank 5 to go for the platinum!

Hi guys, wanted to drop my first NeoGAF post here in this thread, been lurking for some time and enjoying the Driveclub discussion and my account just got activated over the weekend. Booya!

I've been playing DC solidly since release, mostly the drift challenges, and I'm on a fair bit so if anyone wants some extra competition at drift, feel free to add me (PDogg). I am getting a little quicker and doing more TT'ing so please send me/include me on challenges for either but I don't expect to challenge most of you with my lack of speed.

Regarding the drifting; I am starting to get a little frustrated by the scoring on certain tracks, it's quite buggy with a rising score often pausing during the drift and a few corners, often middle corners in a multi-corner drift zones, regularly score very erratically from one run to the next for no apparent reason. Add that to the abuse of drift zones and clean drifting not been rewarded anywhere near enough/contact with walls not being penalised and it can be rather frustrating.That being said there's still loads of fun to be had and I'm still playing it a lot so I hope to come up against some of you soon :)

PDogg.

Welcome! I'll add you for some drifting competition. The scoring is indeed frustating. Yesterday i learned that slamming into a wall is a OK thing to do. Just make the longest & fastest drift possible even if this means ending up in a wall. EVO: fix this shit! Hitting a wall must simply mean that you loose all points.

PDogg

Neo Member
Welcome! I'll add you for some drifting competition. The scoring is indeed frustating. Yesterday i learned that slamming into a wall is a OK thing to do. Just make the longest & fastest drift possible even if this means ending up in a wall. EVO: fix this shit! Hitting a wall must simply mean that you loose all points.

Good man. I couldn't agree more about the contact, any contact should give you zero for that corner. Drift zones should also only allow 1 drift to score to prevent people stopping half way and reversing slightly to find an angle that allows them a second drift which bumps up their score a load.

It's a real shame because when it works fine the drift events and challenges can be absolutely fantastic fun.

Hope it's OK to ask this here.

Since I bought DC(launch day) I have been getting the same three annoying notifications every few days.

"special mclaren 12c pack cannot download ",

" special ruf rt12r pack cannot download ",
etc.

How do I stop them? Thanks

JP

They should stop when you select them and download the content. I think it's the pre-order stuff that got messed up, just go into notifications and click on them to download.

I assume they'll keep reappearing until you do that.

EDIT
Should explain that I think the issue is that the original content wouldn't download, hence the message, but it was replaced by new items which you get notifications for.

Goldrusher

Since I bought DC(launch day) I have been getting the same three annoying notifications every few days.

"special mclaren 12c pack cannot download ",

" special ruf rt12r pack cannot download ",
etc.

How do I stop them? Thanks
I remember there being a problem with those pre-order cars, and we got new files for them. Have you downloaded those?

If you have, try re-installing the whole game.

I remember there being a problem with those pre-order cars, and we got new files for them. Have you downloaded those?

If you have, try re-installing the whole game.

Thanks. I've downloaded everything now. I see the problem add ons (the pre-order bonuses) are listed twice though. Pity it's impossible to delete individual downloads as opposed to the whole game. I'd this doesn't work, guess I'm downloading the whole thing again.

Ebolarama

Banned
I think I'm crazy because I thought the Laferrari was dropping today.

I think it was going to but whatever has been causing delays with this month's updates/tours/car pack has apparently delayed the LaFerrari drop as well. Kie25 mentioned it somewhere on the last page, I believe.

edit: middle of this page.

FireSol

https://www.facebook.com/driveclubofficial

Update 1.14 is coming tomorrow!
Alongside lots of new options requested by players the latest DRIVECLUB™ update will add a free new Tour, Multiplayer Replays and one of the most exclusive cars in the world - the Ferrari LaFerrari.
Full details of Update 1.14 follow:
» Adds the Ferrari LaFerrari to your Garage! Complete Rank 5 of the "Ferrari Owners Club" Driver Accolade to earn access to this car for use in all areas of the game.
» Adds the Startline Tour. All new players will now jump into a brand new Tour when they first play the game called Startline.
» The Startline Tour is available for free and features 11 events and 45 objectives. This Tour mainly serve as a varied and well balanced introduction to DRIVECLUB and is based on some of the most popular and entertaining events from elsewhere in the game.
» Adds Multiplayer Race Replays to the game. You can now save a Replay at the end of any Multiplayer Race and view it later from the Replays menu.
» Adds a new Audio Settings option to change the acoustic settings for all cockpit cameras, so that you can change between internally recorded sound or externally recorded sound.
» Adds a new Single Event option to set "Time Of Day" for a Single Event to half past every hour as well as on the hour.
» Adds a new Single Event option to change the number of laps in a Race to any number from 1 to 25 laps.
» Adds a new Controller Settings option to allow adjustment of the steering lock rotation angle on all supported steering wheels.
» Includes general improvements to the game for better performance, stability and usability.
Update 1.14 Add-ons (coming to PlayStation®Store April 28-30):
» The Rimac Automobili Concept_One, coming to PlayStation®Store as a free download.
» The Turbocharged Expansion Pack, coming to PlayStation®Store as a Season Pass add-on (and also available to buy separately).
» The Turbocharged Car Pack includes: Ferrari F40, Chevrolet Camaro ZL1, Dodge Charger SRT8, Jaguar XKR-S Coupé and Volkswagen Design Vision GTI.
» The Turbocharged Tour Pack includes 11 new Events and 5 new Trophies.
» The Turbocharged Tour Pack includes a special bonus Livery, awarded when you collect 45/45 stars.
» The Evolution Tour Pack, coming to PlayStation®Store as a Season Pass add-on (and also available to buy separately).
» The Evolution Tour Pack includes 12 new Events and 5 new Trophies.
» The Evolution Tour Pack includes a special bonus Livery, awarded when you collect 45/45 stars.
» 2 new livery packs, coming to PlayStation®Store as a premium/Season Pass add-on. Each Livery Pack contains 5 new livery patterns to customise your cars with.
Important developments to be aware of (coming after 1.14):
» More server upgrades: We are continuing to make the server changes required to improve online performance and enable the release of the PS+ Edition and the DRIVECLUB companion app. We will have more news on this soon.
» Extra ranks and rewards are coming (beyond Level 55): We are planning to bring more on a monthly basis.
» There's a new SHAREfactory™ Theme for DRIVECLUB which you can download for free from PlayStation®Store. It's out today in Europe and coming on Apr 23rd in Asia & Apr 27th in America.
» More Game Updates! Please keep sharing your feedback about DRIVECLUB with us to help the game continue to evolve around you.

Makikou

11038704_808421252575570_7524831511497570591_o.jpg

Oh yeah!

Edit: i have no idea how to make this smaller so that it would size to original size upon clicking it.

Edit 2: Apparently it's automatic and the picture is simply huge. Alright :D

Tommi84

» Adds the Startline Tour. All new players will now jump into a brand new Tour when they first play the game called Startline.
» The Startline Tour is available for free and features 11 events and 45 objectives. [...].

This one seems interesting. I wonder if I'll also be able to play it? Yes, the first race in the original game was mediocre (no weather, etc), but I actually liked it as it was just a prelude to the whole game.

btw, i thought i posted here a request for Rimac Concept One... However, i checked and it seems i did not. Seems Rushy can read my mind :)

witness

Excellent updates. So glad we get a couple more American cars and the F40. My problem is my Ferrari accolade is way below rank 5, and it's never been clear to me how I rank that up. So what do I have to do to level that up?

xrnzaaas

Really nice. :) The Ferrari collection seems to be complete, other new cars (well maybe except for VW) look nice (two muscle-cars <3), other changes are also welcome. The only thing I'm not really looking forward to that much is the buggy tour... maybe I just need to get to used to them (never played Motorstorm). :)

Top Bottom