• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT2| You Can't Rush Evolution

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Did happen anything with the leaderboards today? In almost all tour rankings, I only see about 200 leaderboard entries and the previously highest ones missing.

They had a maintenance today, but now I am top 10 in almost all leaderboards o_O

5taquitos

Did happen anything with the leaderboards today? In almost all tour rankings, I only see about 200 leaderboard entries and the previously highest ones missing.

They had a maintenance today, but now I am top 10 in almost all leaderboards o_O

I'm being asked to set the first records for every Face-off, and my leaderboards barely load.

5taquitos

Had the same in the last days, was constantly supposed to set a record (which I didn't have the months before).

I'm actually really glad it's not just me, I haven't found much about people experiencing the same problem online, and it started happening at almost the exact time that my PS+ membership expired and renewed, so I thought that maybe something was borked on my end.

Still sucks though.

Game still rules though.

farmerboy

^^ If only that were the extent of my *mistakes*

My mistakes usually end with me on my roof - "holy shit what's wrong with the display, everything's upside down"

If I may indulge, I would also like to name and shame someone, Sinister_Spawn. I'll try and post a vid later, but needless to say, he had me absolutely fuming. He certainly lived up to his name, what a prick.

kie25

What is happening with the leaderboards just checked the venom got lap and everyone's times have been deleted 1st is now a 1.15.5 or summit? There are a number of them that have been reset, I really hope that this is temporary and they are saved, as if hours and hours off time getting to top leaderboards is for nothing I'll be gutted.

kie25

Well they slowly seem to be sorting them out, hopefully they are ok soon as I ain't risking posting any new times on tour events untill they seem stable.

Grikker

Banned
Hi guys! Long time lurker as I've been waiting for account approval. I've been in the GAF Driveclub group(PSN: Grikker) so some of you may recognize me...maybe not.

To the point, my biggest issue when playing is the incredible lift off oversteer. Do you have any tips on how I can handle this? Should I never lift off the throttle all the way?

kie25

Hi guys! Long time lurker as I've been waiting for account approval. I've been in the GAF Driveclub group(PSN: Grikker) so some of you may recognize me...maybe not.

To the point, my biggest issue when playing is the incredible lift off oversteer. Do you have any tips on how I can handle this? Should I never lift off the throttle all the way?
Are you on pad or wheel? Manual or auto?

kie25

Strange when I was on pad I never really noticed it that bad, but I like lift off oversteer, also I used manual so maybe I was I. Higher gears stopping it from happening. Sometimes it depends on car aswell sometime atom v8 likes to oversteer allot when lifting off.

There are three cars that I have noticed to be very prone to lift-off oversteer and they are the Atom, Dezir and the X-Bow. To combat the lift-off oversteer in these I have found that you need to have some form of pressure on the throttle or break at all times and never freewheel, when going through corners balance your throttle so you aren't accelerating but keeping with momentum. Oh and don't trail break in them be hard and quick with the breaks.

farmerboy

https://youtu.be/Y28DeIrzGwA

Ok, here's that vid I promised earlier. Incident happens at the 2:20 mark.

sinister_spawn can go get stuffed. On a positive, kinda happy with my overall driving in this one, but who the hell thought it was a good idea putting that sun glare on the 2nd undulating straight. Christ that was bright.

BADNED

Yes it is and a very nice present.

Reach Level 5 of the "Ferrari Owners Club" Driver Accolade and you'll earn instant access to the Ferrari LaFerrari when it's added to DRIVECLUB in Game Update 1.14!

The car will be yours to play anytime, day or night, rain or shine, whenever and wherever you like.

Game Update 1.14 is coming later in April and we'll be ready to share more details about the update soon. :)

Ainsz

https://youtu.be/Y28DeIrzGwA

Ok, here's that vid I promised earlier. Incident happens at the 2:20 mark.

sinister_spawn can go get stuffed. On a positive, kinda happy with my overall driving in this one, but who the hell thought it was a good idea putting that sun glare on the 2nd undulating straight. Christ that was bright.

Played that Sinister_Spawn myself a few times and yeah, he's a knob.

Yes it is and a very nice present.

Great stuff, besides the 458 I mostly scroll past the Ferraris. Probably way behind on the accolade.

Maybe this is just me thinking too far but I hope the camera in that Laferrari trailer is another camera mode in the replay feature. I can't wait for the Laferrari.

farmerboy

I think I did catch him actually and spun out, will have to check, wouldn't have been nice if I could have found a line around.

Yeah, then it would have been the GOAT of overtaking maneuvers. As it stands 6 spots in 2 sec is pretty good :). Some of these 1 lap race challenges going around pretty much hinge on you finding similar overtakes to make some time.

I did my first race in the rain in a Lykan. Things did not go well, haha. Aside from that, I'm already loving Driveclub. This game plays and looks amazing.

I have played DC once last year at a friend's place, but that was only for a short amount of time, and well before many of the updates and dlc had been released. This game's so, so much better now.

Driveclub....Fast and Furious edition!

pIr99SX.gif

Much lols were had in chat when that happened. :D

Didn't realise there was a bus on that side of the track. Mind blown.

Who was it, someone from here? Gotta congratulate them on sticking the landing.

Was RedEyeStig with the skills there.

Holy shit they did a rail grind with the roof a car! Had to look at that a few times to make sure I was seeing it right.

Here`s the vid of the incident,was funny either way. :p

https://youtu.be/OHIDcdK6Ba4

Top Bottom