• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT2| You Can't Rush Evolution

le-seb

Excellent updates. So glad we get a couple more American cars and the F40. My problem is my Ferrari accolade is way below rank 5, and it's never been clear to me how I rank that up. So what do I have to do to level that up?
Just take some Ferraris for a lengthy ride.
Your easier option is to time trial some circuits you like and do a dozen laps with a car (which should account for 30-50 km depending on the track), then change car and circuit and repeat, until maxed out.

JP

Quite like the idea of the Starline Tour, had been hoping that at some point there would be something like an update which created something along the lines of a DriveClub Remix Tour for season pass holders.

It would be the standard DriveClub tour events but they would change the time of day and add weather to each event. The weather would be the same for anybody who ran that event which would mean the leaderboards for any event in that tour would be brand new and fair as the conditions were the same for everybody. I was thinking that it would be a hell of a lot of extra stuff without them having to put major time into developing the tour. I'd happily ply through the tour again with weather.

It would be handy for brand new players too as they could just start on that one rather than the standard one without weather if they wanted to.

xrnzaaas

» Adds the Startline Tour. All new players will now jump into a brand new Tour when they first play the game called Startline.
» The Startline Tour is available for free and features 11 events and 45 objectives. [...].

This one seems interesting. I wonder if I'll also be able to play it? Yes, the first race in the original game was mediocre (no weather, etc), but I actually liked it as it was just a prelude to the whole game.

btw, i thought i posted here a request for Rimac Concept One... However, i checked and it seems i did not. Seems Rushy can read my mind :)

Hm, my understanding is that it will be available for everyone. Otherwise new players would be able to earn more stars thanks to the new tour. I won't mind repeating events so that I can maintain 100% stars (unless it's Venom Hot Lap again :D).

eFKac

Ohh yeah F40, Evo knows what's up!Ferrari collection complete!

Any word when Laferrari hits the store?

Edit. Ohh tomorrow with the update, sweet!

AMG

Neo Member
I'm excited to get the chance to drive the F40 and LaFerrari! More American muscle is very welcome too! Actually it's all very good! Lol!😆

Now I'd love to see the Nissan GTR, SLR McLaren 722, Bugatti Veyron super sport, AMG C63S, and an SUV pack with the all new AMG GLE63S coupe, AMG G65, AMG G63, BMW X5 & X6, Range Rover Sport (whatever the most powerful version is now), Por...(ah forget that one happening), GLA 45 AMG, etc.

kie25

I've known about all these cars and online replays since last week :) I only live few mins drive from evo studios, saw all the cars tried la Ferrari out, and f40. La Ferrari is like a cross between the zonda r and P1, may be slightly slower though, hard to judge, I suggested a online event with P1 La Ferrari and Zonda R you could even throw the Veneno in aswell. Good to see some the stuff I mentioned from my previous visit in this update aswell, as I mentioned about being able to start races on 30 min intervals and single race distance 1-25 Laps. Along with many other little ideas that may hit one day. Evo really do listen and I really hope sony give then the green light for another project ( Please Please Pacific Rift 2, or a Motorstorm World Tour Would be Great)

Loving this update! It's amazing the content Evo are pushing out each month, and how much of it is free. The season pass is a must have. Easily the best one I've ever bought. Cannot wait for the F40!

I've known about all these cars and online replays since last week :) I only live few mins drive from evo studios, saw all the cars tried la Ferrari out, and f40. La Ferrari is like a cross between the zonda r and P1, may be slightly slower though, hard to judge, I suggested a online event with P1 La Ferrari and Zonda R you could even throw the Veneno in aswell. Good to see some the stuff I mentioned from my previous visit in this update aswell, as I mentioned about being able to start races on 30 min intervals and single race distance 1-25 Laps. Along with many other little ideas that may hit one day. Evo really do listen and I really hope sony give then the green light for another project ( Please Please Pacific Rift 2, or a Motorstorm World Tour Would be Great)
I knew about some of them back in October, so ner ner ner! I now know of only one other car that is yet to arrive. Often requested so I'm guessing they'll do all they can to make it available.

30 mins is good, thanks for that :p Some half-hour marks provide some great sunset times.

Not sure I could see a new title at this stage unfortunately :(

Navid

So still no inclusion of private lobby? :(

Have they said when we will finally get that, it is still crazy to me that they launched without any sort of lobby system... the decision made the online portion of the game a no go for me a while after release when I found I simply wasn't not enjoying the MP races and the wait times between trying to find different rooms/playlists.

Did anyone else notice that under the usual "server improvements to enable ps+ edition and mobile app" they include in every update notes, it also says "more news on this soon", which I don't remember ever seeing before.

Could we be getting closer...?

kie25

So still no inclusion of private lobby? :(

Have they said when we will finally get that, it is still crazy to me that they launched without any sort of lobby system... the decision made the online portion of the game a no go for me a while after release when I found I simply wasn't not enjoying the MP races and the wait times between trying to find different rooms/playlists.

Private lobbies are down to the server team, the server teams main goal at the moment is getting ps plus ready, as a result I wouldn't hold your breath for private lobbies untill maybe June update maybe? Maybe later who knows. It is not good I have to agree for any racing game to launch without private lobbies especially a social racing game, I think this is why the club aspect of the game has never took off but, and also the league racing scene, I myself used to be involved in league racing on f1 games at the highest level, so not being able to do league racing on Driveclub is a big shame, especially with project cars around the corner with every feature you could want from a racing game, it wouldn't surprise me if the ps plus version is released around the project cars release date, as so many people will be on project cars it will free Driveclubs servers up, will be interesting to see if there is any link with this.

desu

Did anyone else notice that under the usual "server improvements to enable ps+ edition and mobile app" they include in every update notes, it also says "more news on this soon", which I don't remember ever seeing before.

Well, 1,5 months until E3 and they introduced a free best of tour to show of the most fun races of the game ...

Update looks sick!

Putting in a new "starter" tour like they have here seems like a great step if that's to be included in a PS+ version.

Typical, i`ll be at work when the patch hits! Some kind soul will have to upload a multiplayer replay tomorrow morning as i can't wait for this. :)

farmerboy

F40F40F40F40F40F40F40F40F40F40F40F40F40F40F40F40F40F40F40F40F40F40F40F40F40F40F40F40F40

My childhood dream car. Only 12 when it came out and the poster eventually got replaced by Cindy Crawford but still.........

F40F40F40F40F40F40F40F40F40F40F40F40F40F40F40F40F40F40F40F40F40F40F40F40F40F40F40F40F40

le-seb

Dem memories!
crazy-cars-2-ss1.gif

There must be a reason they are not adding Japanese cars but I can't wrap my head around it. It's going to be in the last update, isn't it? Just so stupid.

Great additions. Can't wait to try out the F40. Now we just need a Countach!

One thing I'd like to suggest that's been mentioned before: a camera view in between the dash and cockpit cams.

The dash cam affords you a nice view through the windshield, but you don't get the visual feedback of the steering wheel--and it feels a bit claustrophobic somehow, especially when raining. The cockpit view is great except it's often too far back to see well out the windshield (for many cars but not all). It does a good job of simulating how far back the driver's head might be, but it's hard to see the road if you don't have a really big TV. I have a mid-size TV (55") and find myself trying to get as close as possible. It would be great to have a new cam with just enough of the dashboard and top of the steering wheel but more screen real estate dedicated to the windshield. Rushy, thanks for considering it!

DD

One thing I'd like to suggest that's been mentioned before: a camera view in between the dash and cockpit cams.

The dash cam affords you a nice view through the windshield, but you don't get the visual feedback of the steering wheel--and it feels a bit claustrophobic somehow, especially when raining. The cockpit view is great except it's often too far back to see well out the windshield (for many cars but not all). It does a good job of simulating how far back the driver's head might be, but it's hard to see the road if you don't have a really big TV. I have a mid-size TV (55") and find myself trying to get as close as possible. It would be great to have a new cam with just enough of the dashboard and top of the steering wheel but more screen real estate dedicated to the windshield. Rushy, thanks for considering it!
I don't belong here. ;(

Shaneus

Nice looking update! We only get one hatch in this one, hopefully it's a sign of things to come (please Rushy!). While I'm in the mood for demanding (patiently pleading, more like) stuff, I'd love to see slow motion as an option for replays, please!

Also, only 1km from peaking level 5 for Ferrari. Dat LaFerrari, I can almost taste it now.

I don't belong here. ;(
Me neither. Mine is 46" :(

another jag... keep 'em coming I want it to be my fave brand (the in-game stat) haha but it'll take a while to catch up Caterham because of all the Challenges I've done with 'em

benzy

Hopefully Evo can just let us adjust the cockpit Field of View like in GT6 and the upcoming pCars instead of adding a whole new view or mess with the current one.

People, this game is amazing. I can't say it enough.

Anyway, I just made it to level 30 and got the Pro Trophy; every star earned so far. I've seen people mention a difficulty spike. Is now (after pro) when shit hits the fan?

Edit: Welp, already this Canadian Rally time trial is kicking my burr.

Falchion

If there's any new players that don't have a club yet, or just anyone that wants to join the most awesome Driveclub in existence, feel free to join mine. I just started playing today but I'll be playing the hell out of this game for the foreseeable future so it'll be really active.

My PSN is Falchion17 and the club is Waffelo.

cRTqgvb.jpg

Hopefully Evo can just let us adjust the cockpit Field of View like in GT6 and the upcoming pCars instead of adding a whole new view or mess with the current one.

Even better! I can imagine how it would be complicated to program a new view for every car. If we could instead have a custom set zoom for the cockpit cam, we'd be golden.

Had the California pacific coast highway expansion for Test Drive II. I remember playing it while listening to the clock radio with Billy Joel's "We Didn't Start the Fire" blaring out of it. Good times.

Now I can listen to anything I want on Spotify while racing a photorealistic F40 down a mountain road. Amazing!

Shaneus

Had the California pacific coast highway expansion for Test Drive II. I remember playing it while listening to the clock radio with Billy Joel's "We Didn't Start the Fire" blaring out of it. Good times.

Now I can listen to anything I want on Spotify while racing a photorealistic F40 down a mountain road. Amazing!
Technology! If only we could get Porsche in this bitch, we'd be able to replicate it perfectly...

The Duel, Test Drive 2!! Brings back memories of my Amiga days. I also remember that game as the first one I had played where you can run out of fuel. 😂
I had it on PC, and it was before Accolade games started supporting sound cards (from memory), so this is the music I had to deal with :/
At least they upped their game when they released The Cycles with AdLib music!

Edit: On that note, I think DC bears more in common with the original Test Drive games than the majority of others. Pick a car, pick your scenery and off you go. No tuning, no customising, just the joy of driving (and avoiding the police, of course).

TEH-CJ

Banned
As much as I tried to enjoy driveclub. I posted countless of videos online and was very active in the community, it saddens me to say but I traded in driveclub today. After the dust settled the game stopped clicking with me and it became a very sterile experience.

The constant traction control and forgiving grip levels just made me lose interest. It is criminal you cant turn off traction control in this game and as a long time car enthusiast these things are a detriment to my enjoyment to a racing game. Its funny but in the end I actually agreed with Jeff from Giant bomb. Its like Evolution wanted to make an authentic racing experience with realistic cars...but it all crumbles when the cars do not behave like the real thing.

I had 2 mates come over today. these guys race cars for a profession and after putting in some time in driveclub they put down the wheel and had the same opinion.

The essence and soul of a car is the engine notes, the thrill of losing traction or when the car side steps from sudden acceleration. Or when pulling from 2nd gear all the way to 4th with the wheels losing traction. All this was absent from Driveclub.

I hammered Evoliton on twitter and facebook to add in a more hardcore mode with all assists turned off but It never happened. And I wasn't the only one that was requesting this.

I had hands on with Project cars today and I felt right at home.

It was great driving with GAF while it lasted though:))

Shaneus

Hmm. I think you might've been asking for something in the game that wasn't really a part of it's identity. But that's okay though, different strokes!

leng jai

Hmm. I think you might've been asking for something in the game that wasn't really a part of it's identity. But that's okay though, different strokes!

To be fair I think the aesthetic of the game on the surface is somewhat incongruent with the actual gameplay and general design philosophies. It's reasonable that someone could buy DC and expect something similar to Gran Turismo.

Top Bottom