• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT2| You Can't Rush Evolution

Duallusion

Ps+ edition incoming...lol

"lol" is exactly what crosses my mind whenever they mention PS+ version. :)

But hey, maybe they are brewing a special super patch that will *actually* fix it for good, who knows.

EDIT: I'm seeing some people on my friends' list playing multiplayer so maybe it's just me. Which is a bit scary since I overwritten my save file with an older one from USB today. :/

AMG

Neo Member
I bought it. Downloading now. But with PSN speeds it might be a while. Thanks for the advice guys! Is there a GAF club set up?
Congrats! Unfortunately, I need to get some shut eye now but not before drooling over the locked La Ferrari ☺️ I've never driven so many Ferraris in my life (virtually & obviously not in real life😆) as I did this past weekend and I'm not yet quite done with level 5. Pictures summarising that escapade are in the photo mode page http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=935041&page=100000#footer

The new look menu is pictures we the community have taken :) they have used there favourite pics and added them to the menu :) great touch.

That's awesome - is there any sort of list of where/who the photos were taken from? Would like to know if some are from our GAF photomode thread :p

Tommi84

they have used there favourite pics and added them to the menu :) great touch.
I was wondering about it. The pics used in the post race menus are gorgeous!! We just need a new pic for Multiplayer option as I have a feeling that it's an old one.

Evo is already praised for all their hard work. Can't tell how much I appreciate this.

benzy

LaFerrari is really fun to drive.

xggwmg.gif

farmerboy

By the way, I haven't had much time to play the game (or any games) lately but I do thoroughly enjoy keeping up with this thread even when I'm not racing. DC-GAF is one of the best communities I've ever been a part of, and you guys are all the real deal (some of you are pretty good racers too :p).

Apologies for the cheese-fest but felt I had to say that. It's refreshing to have a place to discuss and enjoy a game with level-headed and fun people. Can't wait for private lobbies.

Noticed you haven't been around much. What about v1illa? I'm still waiting for him ;)

Also postcyberpunk? Where's he?

Noticed you haven't been around much. What about v1illa? I'm still waiting for him ;)

Also postcyberpunk? Where's he?

yeah i was busy with Bloodborne for a bit and the last 2 weeks have been busy for me, going out of town again on thursday for another 6 days too so it'll be a while before i get to play again.

and i remember punk raging hard about the servers haha maybe he snapped his disc in half

krioto

La Ferrari is an excellent car.

Question around some of the newly added cars (i.e. Jaguars, Lambos, and now La Ferrari) why do we not see the kms driven for these cars?

Shaneus

Its already out!
It's already available for download... but none of the additional content is available to play yet, though. Except for the LaFerrari, but that's not really included as the DLC (technically).

By the way, I haven't had much time to play the game (or any games) lately but I do thoroughly enjoy keeping up with this thread even when I'm not racing. DC-GAF is one of the best communities I've ever been a part of, and you guys are all the real deal (some of you are pretty good racers too :p).

Apologies for the cheese-fest but felt I had to say that. It's refreshing to have a place to discuss and enjoy a game with level-headed and fun people. Can't wait for private lobbies.
#DRIVELOVE

Calabi

I seem to be playing better, either the game has got easier or its the addition of spotify music(I dont think I can play a racing game without music).

Am I mistaken or can you jink the car in this? I think that's the technical term, I'm sure I did in some of the turns, where you distribute weight to the opposite side of the car just before a turn to make it easier.

Shaneus

I seem to be playing better, either the game has got easier or its the addition of spotify music(I dont think I can play a racing game without music).

Am I mistaken or can you jink the car in this? I think that's the technical term, I'm sure I did in some of the turns, where you distribute weight to the opposite side of the car just before a turn to make it easier.
Absolutely, it's one of the things I love about it. This looks to be an interesting website on the subject.

I know I'm late, as I just recently got the game, but Driveclub seriously has some of the best tracks I've driven on in any racing game. I especially love the p2p tracks, though the circuits are dope as hell too. I've so far only had one track I really disliked. It was some super narrow track in India with crazy tight turns. I'll chock it up to me not knowing the track well enough, though.

So far, the most addicting thing for me
aside from spending way too long taking pictures in photomode
is doing time trials/hot laps. I love other players' ghosts showing up. It really motivates you to get better. It also helps that the driving/feel/physics is so on point. Drifting is also fun and addicting, even though I suck at it.

But yeah, Driveclub has lived up to the hype and then some. I think I've put enough time into it now to say it's my favorite racing game ever. It's really that good.

nib95

Banned
My word, La Ferrari is just sublime to drive. Not only is it one of the best sounding vehicles in the game, it handles beautifully. It has the insane speed and stopping power of some of the other quality hypercars, only it's a little bit more lively and easy to throw around. It has just enough oversteer and traction slip that you can glide it around at will.

Not sure how quick it is yet, but I did just manage a 2:12.7 on Goshodaira without too much effort, which from memory is a tiny bit faster than I pulled off with the Veveno and Zonda R.

I thought Dam Busters was great? At least for me it was pretty challenging but it somehow was also really fun.

Dam busters is good , if only because its less frustrating than dusk untill dawn.
Out of startline it's the only event i'm fine with i suppose.

Makikou

Definitely not getting a hard on about these american cars. They already released my favorites of them anyway, the Viper and the Vette's.

But i guess there will be people who will enjoy the slow muscle cars that will probably be out of their class right from the start :p

viveks86

Got back to playing today after ages. Man, I've got so much catching up to do! Game is so much better with the tweaks now. But the leaderboards still have issues loading up. I can't even... X(

Putty

I've been out of the DC loop for a month or so. Work and Bloodborne currently ruling my life. I'll get back at some point. The new menu aesthetics are nice from the images Shaneus posted.

xrnzaaas

Spotted what? That was mentioned in the patch/release notes a day or two ago. Unless there's something other than the SRT8 I should be seeing.

Charger =/= Challenger

They'll probably introduce the Challenger next month and they forgot not to show it in the race footage.

Juz

Haven't been playing this for a while but it seems like I gotta boot this up to try out all these cool new updates!

kie25

Definitely not getting a hard on about these american cars. They already released my favorites of them anyway, the Viper and the Vette's.

But i guess there will be people who will enjoy the slow muscle cars that will probably be out of their class right from the start :p

Same but suppose they have to try cater for the Americans who want these, one American car that I really would like would be the AC Cobra PLEASE.

lordxar

Same but suppose they have to try cater for the Americans who want these.

Well yea. We see BMW's and Mercedes driving down the road sure but are far more likely to see a Challenger (one is in the driveway a few houses over from me) or a Vette (guy I worked with had one) than a Pagani or a Lamborghini. I know Europe has a higher likelyhood of seeing the latter but a poster car is one thing, being able to drive what I see next door is a whole other thing and I'm not talking the shitty car lot version. To get to drive a racing version is pretty cool. And more importantly you can kind of compare stuff you'll never own anyway. Like the Viper. I used to think it was awesome but after DC I'm liking a Vette better (well Top Gear has influenced me too but still) So yea its cool to have a bunch of cars most people here will never see but its nice to have a few we do. That said...bring on some Japanese cars, I'm liking the variety.

AndyD

aka andydumi
Looks like in the UK and also that they were in a lane that was filtering in to the right hand lane, Merc driver was obviously trying to shoot down the left hand side instead of filtering in early. Good on the blocker!

You should actually stay in the empty lane til the end and zipper in. More efficient. There's a recurring thread in off-topic on this and that road engineer guy comes in and explains it every few months.

Top Bottom