• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT2| You Can't Rush Evolution

DD

The game was initially announced to have Antigua, so I'd like to see that or another tropical area since we don't have any of those.

Rio de Janeiro.

Yeah, it makes sense. Thinking about it, Patagonia and New Zealand are somewhat similar to what we already have with Norway, so it might seem pointless. It's just because that I'm from a tropical country (living close to Rio, actually) these cold places look exotic and so beautiful to me. But I'll have to disagree with Rio de Janeiro as a suggestion for the game. :p I think that the greatest charm of the game is the fact that they chose more isolated places, staying away from the big cities. But I'd be okay with somewhere around Rio, some isolated beaches and even the mountains on the countryside.

EDIT: some prairies around Nebraska and South Dakota, and some tulip fields in Netherlands would be nice too.

Muzicfreq

Banned
If Anyone doesn't have a Club you can join mine. Shifted
PSN is MuzikFreq

Game reminds me a little bit of GT3 and how much fun I had playing that. Though are more responsive. Getting used to the turns and the physics. Will take some time to get it down.

So far... having a blast. Might toss in the DLC once I get this stuff down.

Just playing this new free tour and my god the graphics are just unbelievable aren't they. It's a shame there won't be a Driveclub 2. Question though have the free cars not gone up in the UK yet because I can't find them?

Auctopus

For the last 24 hours, I've been notified on the home page that server updates are happening but that they 'won't last long' ?

Haven't been able to access leaderboards since.

If Anyone doesn't have a Club you can join mine. Shifted
PSN is MuzikFreq

Game reminds me a little bit of GT3 and how much fun I had playing that. Though are more responsive. Getting used to the turns and the physics. Will take some time to get it down.

So far... having a blast. Might toss in the DLC once I get this stuff down.

DLC really is worth the money, it's not overly expensive and adds a hell of a lot of additional content.

The work Evo have done since release has been non stop in making this game what it is, they were totally right when they revealed it when they said that the game you play on launch will not be the same game you are playing a year later.

Falchion

Still waiting for the Driveclub server update to finish so that I can get xp for faceoffs again. It's got to be close to 24 hours by now.

JP

Do people have a favourite DriveClub car? It's not the mots powerful or fastest car but I absolutely love the feeling of the Alfa Romeo 4C.

2015-Alfa-Romeo-4C-Review.jpg

Been thinking about other I'd like to see added to the game and was wondering what other people thought about a new classic car class being added to the game? II was think of a Classic Cars class. in a way it doesn't quite fit in with the game style but I think an a full grid of classic F1 cars could be fantastic.
The%20start%20of%20the%20Monaco%20Grand%20Prix,%20Monte%20Carlo,%2022nd%20May%201955.%20Juan%20Manuel%20Fangio%20and%20Stirling%20Moss%20in%20the%20Mercedes%20W196%20bracket%20Alberto%20Ascari's%20Lancia%20D50%20as%20Eugenio%20Castellotti's%20Lancia%20follows%20closely

Was also thinking about something that might not even be technically possibly without a lot of work on the game engine. One of the things I enjoy about the game is just driving without any other cars on the road and just doing it for the sake of how it feels, I was wondering if Evolution would be able to do something like streaming the point to point course but linking them so that you could just drive on and on for miles.

If not that then possibly some sort of really long procedurally generated tracks in the fantastic environments that they've already created. The thought of getting rid of the hud, relaxing and driving a favourite car along twenty odd miles of road that you've driven on before and just taking the experience in sounds amazing to me.

Again, not even sure if it's possible using this engine or whether it could sometime in the future.

lordxar

I love driving the AMGs. That engine sound is so beefy. Really though I enjoy driving most cars in the game. I have hated a few but after some use I've softened my opinion. Still don't care for them but getting to know them makes a difference.

Shaneus

Still clueless though:
It's debatable whether DriveClub is actually a better game than it was with the addition of new tracks and cars and the weather system
How the fuck does it work that adding more cars and tracks make an improvement to the game "debatable"? Jesus christ.

Itching to see if/when Eurogamer will re-review the title. Maybe get a competent reviewer to do it this time, like Martin Robinson.

Still clueless though:

How the fuck does it work that adding more cars and tracks make an improvement to the game "debatable"? Jesus christ.

Itching to see if/when Eurogamer will re-review the title. Maybe get a competent reviewer to do it this time, like Martin Robinson.

>Weather , replay and online times trials make the game better , that's not even a debate.<
the fact that they awared the same old score despite those changes just show that they don't get it.

Muzicfreq

Banned
Love the game but it keeps crashing on me. I think it's the disk. Gonna put club on private and then play again on the PS+ version when that comes out.

Shaneus

>Weather , replay and online times trials make the game better , that's not even a debate.<
the fact that they awared the same old score despite those changes just show that they don't get it.
I only noticed that after my post. Ridiculous. They should've given it that score only when the MP was up. To review it halfway through the season pass along with weather and replays and only give it the same score is stupid. Joke site confirmed.

nib95

Banned
It's debatable whether a racing game is better with the addition of new cars, tracks and advanced weather? Lol. Not to mention all the other million tweaks, feature additions and added options? Journalists and gaming outlets continue to baffle me. So many in my opinion, seemingly not having a damn clue. Thank God for gaming communities and gamer feedback I guess.

benzy

Yeah, it makes sense. Thinking about it, Patagonia and New Zealand are somewhat similar to what we already have with Norway, so it might seem pointless. It's just because that I'm from a tropical country (living close to Rio, actually) these cold places look exotic and so beautiful to me. But I'll have to disagree with Rio de Janeiro as a suggestion for the game. :p I think that the greatest charm of the game is the fact that they chose more isolated places, staying away from the big cities. But I'd be okay with somewhere around Rio, some isolated beaches and even the mountains on the countryside.

EDIT: some prairies around Nebraska and South Dakota, and some tulip fields in Netherlands would be nice too.

Yeah, if they do include Rio I'd imagine it wouldn't be in the actual city part and more of the mountainous regions but with a low detailed city in the distance that lights up at night. It would probably be a bit too much to render all of those buildings/houses in high detail up close anyway in addition to the mountains and high tree density.

Maybe I'm missing something, but can individual HUD elements be hidden? All I want showing are the course map and race objectives; maybe race position.

Shaneus

Are there still problems with leaderboards and such? I checked "my friends scores" on one of the later tour events and only found four or five people... but when I checked the other tabs, I found one of my club mates (who is of course a friend), and saw kie25 near the top, but neither appeared as "my friends".

Does someone feel me on the point that if this becomes free for PS+, online will forever be a clusterfuck of childish drivers with blocking and bumping-car behaviour? I just don't see how this will ever be good for the online community. It's hard as it is right now to have a proper online race, and these people actually paid money for it.

desu

Does someone feel me on the point that if this becomes free for PS+, online will forever be a clusterfuck of childish drivers with blocking and bumping-car behaviour? I just don't see how this will ever be good for the online community. It's hard as it is right now to have a proper online race, and these people actually paid money for it.

My prediction is that PSN+ version won't be coming out before E3. Maybe they'll have private lobbies ready when the PSN+ version releases to get around this (this is just my wishful thinking).

xrnzaaas

I just bought the Driveclub PS+ Full Game Edition for 18 euro's. Did I do the right thing? Is this the full game?

Yep, you get the full game except for the season pass stuff. They named it that way, because it's available for a lower price only to PS+ members.

As for the Polygon's review their score is still a joke. And I also wouldn't give DC a 5 initially, even I had to resort to playing solo.

Anarion07

I only just realized the etymology of the Renault Twinrun..

I drove behind a Renault Twingo today..

So... TwinGO ---> TwinRUN, the faster version.

I feel stupid.

Makikou

My favourite cars, i think most hard to choose from was Performance and Super classes.

Hot Hatch: Mini John Cooper Works GP

Sport: Lotus Evora S Sports Racer

Performance: Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Centennial Edition

Super: McLaren 650S Coupé

Hyper: Enzo Ferrari

Also, i'm feeling like playing Driveclub MP today so hit me up on PSN: Makikou72

GHG

Sorry if it's been asked before, but how do I track my Ferrari owners club progress?

I want to see what I need to do to unlock the laferrari?

It's not really clear at the moment.

Makikou

Sorry if it's been asked before, but how do I track my Ferrari owners club progress?

I want to see what I need to do to unlock the laferrari?

It's not really clear at the moment.

Driveclub Main Menu -> My Profile -> Progression And Statistics -> Driver Accolades -> Manufacturers.

You need to have level 5 Ferrari Owners Club accolade.

GHG

Driveclub Main Menu -> My Profile -> Progression And Statistics -> Driver Accolades -> Manufacturers.

You need to have level 5 Ferrari Owners Club accolade.

Ah got it, thanks!

Still level 1 Ferrari :/

It's All done on KM driven with each manufacturer right?

Makikou

Ah got it, thanks!

Still level 1 Ferrari :/

It's All done on KM driven with each manufacturer right?

Yup, so easy ways is MP time trial, time trial offline or on challenges that have Ferrari cars. Unless you haven't done all tour events so you could use a Ferrari vehicle whenever possible while still progressing on Tour mode.

MADGAME

I've been disengaged from this game for a while, are there private lobbies yet? Going on 7 months since release it seems like this should have been in by now.

Also, I loved the nod to Motorstorm with the addition of the Wombat Typhoon. I hope that's a hint/sign of an incoming Motorstorm game from Evo.

Makikou

I've been disengaged from this game for a while, are there private lobbies yet? Going on 7 months since release it seems like this should have been in by now.

Also, I loved the nod to Motorstorm with the addition of the Wombat Typhoon. I hope that's a hint/sign of an incoming Motorstorm game from Evo.

Pretty much everything except private lobbies sadly. Still work in progress.

Why won't my cars and tour DLC show up if I don't connect online?

If I connect and disable the connection it seems to start a timer before the DLC disables itself. Fix pls!

DD

Why won't my cars and tour DLC show up if I don't connect online?

If I connect and disable the connection it seems to start a timer before the DLC disables itself. Fix pls!

WHAT

Damn, now I'm happy for not having bought the season pass yet, since I usually play disconnected. I'd be REALLY pissed.

WHAT

Damn, now I'm happy for not having bought the season pass yet, since I usually play disconnected. I'd be REALLY pissed.

Guys , correct me if i'm wrong but i'm quite sure there is no problem if the account that has bought the content is the main one and activated.

Because i have played driveclub offline ( tour , dlc and so on ) without any issue

Top Bottom