• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT2| You Can't Rush Evolution

I normally keep going around anyway as better to get into a good rhythmn, as if you keep restarting you won't get the flow the track.
Depends on skill level I guess, and weather or not you cock up the final corner but if you stay on your lap then you'll have a faster speed over the start/finish line compared to starting a new lap too.

Just realised that if I send out a solo challenge to the people in my club and 20 people from the Suggested tab, I can add even more if I forward the challenge again, just forwarded it to another suggested 20 people.

Is there a limit to the number of people you can send the solo challenges to?

kie25

This was probably one the most satisfying laps I've ever done in Driveclub, the top 2 times were wall riding on Oliver's landing hotlap on slow left after long straight you can just see the ghost they were gaining over half a second, so I had to pull a great lap out the bag :)
https://youtu.be/ErVd2UCOwmA

Shaneus

The starter tour uses events from the dlc you've completed, but they're easier, you'll have no problems whatsoever finishing them in a single try.
Yeah I know, just that the stars in Startline don't at all contribute to the total. I mean, they might (if you haven't done the same events in the full tour mode) but seeing I'd already done them, my star count doesn't change.

I also completed everything in Startline (save for Dam Busters, where I always struggle once the rain hits and miss the 11:40 and top 3 stars... I panic hardcore :( ) but no cheevos popped, FWIW.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
I got back into this today. Didn't play much after buying it as I got sucked into any games. Had a blast after getting through 9gb of updates since I have the season pass and hadn't downloaded anything in ages.

I fianally said fuck it and took the plunge on a wheel set up. Went with the Thrustmaster t300rs and the corresponding stand from Wheel Stand Pro. Can't wait to try them out. Wheel from amazon will arrive Tuesday. Won't know about the stand until I get a tracking number since it's just ups ground.

Yeah I know, just that the stars in Startline don't at all contribute to the total. I mean, they might (if you haven't done the same events in the full tour mode) but seeing I'd already done them, my star count doesn't change.

I also completed everything in Startline (save for Dam Busters, where I always struggle once the rain hits and miss the 11:40 and top 3 stars... I panic hardcore :( ) but no cheevos popped, FWIW.

They don't , even if you haven't done the events . One of my clubmates who doesn't have the season pass tried , but his star count remained the same.

lordxar

I got back into this today. Didn't play much after buying it as I got sucked into any games. Had a blast after getting through 9gb of updates since I have the season pass and hadn't downloaded anything in ages.

I fianally said fuck it and took the plunge on a wheel set up. Went with the Thrustmaster t300rs and the corresponding stand from Wheel Stand Pro. Can't wait to try them out. Wheel from amazon will arrive Tuesday. Won't know about the stand until I get a tracking number since it's just ups ground.

You'll get the stand fast. Their quick on shipping.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
You'll get the stand fast. Their quick on shipping.

The U.S. site in Dallas? I ordered a refurb from them rather than the UK store. It did say same day shipping so it should go out tomorrow since today is Sunday.

lordxar

The U.S. site in Dallas? I ordered a refurb from them rather than the UK store. It did say same day shipping so it should go out tomorrow since today is Sunday.

Not sure about foreign shipping but I got mine from their Amazon store and had in a couple days.

Just realised that if I send out a solo challenge to the people in my club and 20 people from the Suggested tab, I can add even more if I forward the challenge again, just forwarded it to another suggested 20 people.

Is there a limit to the number of people you can send the solo challenges to?

I've sent challenges out to 100 peeps, I think that was the limit - there's also a limit of about 400 who can actually take part but I know Evo were looking at increasing it. If your challenge gets into the community section the number of entrants tends to rocket.

valkyre

Guys as a person who loves racing time attack events, the leaderboards in this game are absolutely broken in most cases...

And when I say broken, I mean ofcourse cheaters.

It is beyond ridiculous and very disappointing that they still are able to clock such times.

A 3 minute course on average and you see a guy in the first place in leader boards that has clocked in a 0:40 time.... I mean for fuck sake, I cant even understand how he managed to perform the cheat.

I love time attack I spend most of my time there and I enjoy it immensely to climb the leaderboard ladder (I have some 1st places in global) , so it is very disappointing to see that cheaters have their go.

Has EVO said anything about cheaters and if/when their times will be removed from the boards?

kie25

Guys as a person who loves racing time attack events, the leaderboards in this game are absolutely broken in most cases...

And when I say broken, I mean ofcourse cheaters.

It is beyond ridiculous and very disappointing that they still are able to clock such times.

A 3 minute course on average and you see a guy in the first place in leader boards that has clocked in a 0:40 time.... I mean for fuck sake, I cant even understand how he managed to perform the cheat.

I love time attack I spend most of my time there and I enjoy it immensely to climb the leaderboard ladder (I have some 1st places in global) , so it is very disappointing to see that cheaters have their go.

Has EVO said anything about cheaters and if/when their times will be removed from the boards?

There not cheaters them times are leaderboard glitches, normally when the leaderboards have only took 2 laps istead of 3 or 2 sectors instead of 3, it's a problem with the game, some times have been wall hit but normally these people are not that great and there times can still be beat.

valkyre

There not cheaters them times are leaderboard glitches, normally when the leaderboards have only took 2 laps istead of 3 or 2 sectors instead of 3, it's a problem with the game, some times have been wall hit but normally these people are not that great and there times can still be beat.

Oh your post makes me happy. :)

If this is indeed not a cheat then by all means this is great and I hope it gets fixed soon.

It was mind boggling to say the least I could not understand how someone could perform a 0:40 time on a 3 minute course with a relatively "slow" car. I honestly thought they were crashing the car in a way that it went off course and dropped to a later part of the track...

Good to know it is not a cheat.

vWb2nX.gif

Conezays

There's no 1 GAF club, there's multiple ones as the maximum capacity is 6. Someone might have a free space.

Ah, thanks for the clarification. There was a GAF club that some of my PSN friends are in and I assumed it was a big one you were all a part of. My bad.

Ah, thanks for the clarification. There was a GAF club that some of my PSN friends are in and I assumed it was a big one you were all a part of. My bad.

You might be thinking of this:
There's a PSN user DRIVECLUB-GAF

Add them as a friend, and then add their friends to get a bunch of gaffers on your friendslist.

Then browse your friends clubs in Driveclub for a club with vacancies.

Pachimari

Just thought I would head in here, and say I'm so sorry for not having been active the past month. I'm planning on getting back into it, but not until I can afford the Season Pass.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Not sure about foreign shipping but I got mine from their Amazon store and had in a couple days.

Oh, it's not foreign shipping. It's coming from their US store in Dallas and I'm in Atlanta. Their main store is in the UK is all.

And you were right about fast shipping. It went out today and will be here Wednesday. Wheel comes from Amazon tomorrow. If I have time to fiddle with it tomorrow I may set it up on an ironing board or coffee table just to check it out. :D

lordxar

Oh, it's not foreign shipping. It's coming from their US store in Dallas and I'm in Atlanta. Their main store is in the UK is all.

And you were right about fast shipping. It went out today and will be here Wednesday. Wheel comes from Amazon tomorrow. If I have time to fiddle with it tomorrow I may set it up on an ironing board or coffee table just to check it out. :D

Huh didn't know they weren't US based. You'll love the stand. Its rock fucking solid. Especially if you try it on something flimsy first.

le-seb

I'm pretty sure it's in Poland.
Didn't know they had a warehouse in the USA now, but it makes sense: they are heavy, and shipping them overseas by plane must be crazy expensive.

I got mine shipped to India pretty quick, like 3-4 days. The shipping was a bit on expensive side but still worth it. Only problem I have it is the feet are not grip-y enough especially if you have smooth tiles. And with G27 whose brakes are hard to press, it sometimes moves away from you.

kie25

Is there a way to race online with a friend and be just by ourselves in a private lobby or something?

No private lobbies are still in development probably be arriving end off June is my guess, as they are still working on servers for ps plus.

DrKelpo

Banned
It's a common problem, but It makes me angry everytime.... I mean, look at this.
https://youtu.be/6fONzdWorwY

That's just pure evilness.. The guy risks getting passed by on the other side and even drives a bit off the street. It didn't end badly for me, still fucked up...

lordxar

I'm pretty sure it's in Poland.
Didn't know they had a warehouse in the USA now, but it makes sense: they are heavy, and shipping them overseas by plane must be crazy expensive.

Wow...never would have guessed Poland. They must have an American franchise. All the YouTube ads I watched were as American as could be. Not even southern accents. Plus shipping from Dallas and all. Kind of amazes me but whatever. Doesn't matter where these things come from their damn nice!

xrnzaaas

I like the Jag XKR from the new promo clip, it sounds much better than the F-Type. Hopefully Evo will fix F-Type's engine sound at some point in the future, because it's one of the best things this car has to offer. :)

Top Bottom