• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT2| You Can't Rush Evolution

Ok folks. So I made this for the giggles and to take my mind off the fact that Clarkson's stupid behaviour has put the kibosh on me seeing a showdown between the LaFerrari and the McLaren P1.

https://youtu.be/NRvqxzGP9dA

I have a couple of questions. Can you import pictures of any form into Sharefactory the same way you can import music?

Also is there anyway to improve the output quality of Sharefactory videos or just the ones you share using the share button? They look lowish quality to my eyes.

farmerboy

Oh the tranny of distance. Wake up to find all the cool kids playing and I gotta get to work.

Private lobbies are going to get me up at some ridiculous times :(

Aeroknight94

Neo Member
If Anyone doesn't have a Club you can join mine. Shifted
PSN is MuzikFreq

Game reminds me a little bit of GT3 and how much fun I had playing that. Though are more responsive. Getting used to the turns and the physics. Will take some time to get it down.

So far... having a blast. Might toss in the DLC once I get this stuff down.

about to hit you up. wont be able to play much though because of school but after finals I should be on a good bit... til summer school.
psn is staticrevo

Why won't my cars and tour DLC show up if I don't connect online?

If I connect and disable the connection it seems to start a timer before the DLC disables itself. Fix pls!

I have been without (decent) internet since wednesday as the ISP haven't sent out an engineer (doesn't look like it will be fixed soon either) and I haven't had this, I was playing with lots of different DLC cars this evening. How long have you been disconnected for and I will see if it is on my end as well.

farmerboy

I was online about 1 hour ago and freaking no one was online? What gives?

PSN: Makikou72

Shit, maybe the app on my galaxy wasn't synced up correctly. This was about an hour and a half ago, maybe you just missed everyone ;)
maybe they're all scared cos you're very quick!

I'll definitely add you (My PSN: farmerboy007), I recognise your name from the lobbies over the journey, always recognised you as being quick.

Auctopus

Let it be known for at least the next minute...

driveclub_201504242244ks3j.jpg

If Anyone doesn't have a Club you can join mine. Shifted
PSN is MuzikFreq

Game reminds me a little bit of GT3 and how much fun I had playing that. Though are more responsive. Getting used to the turns and the physics. Will take some time to get it down.

So far... having a blast. Might toss in the DLC once I get this stuff down.

just got the game, figure why not join a club:p sent a request

Soothsayer137

Neo Member
Gonna need someone else to round out a club I created for me and a buddy, we're pretty casual players but I figure it would be fun to take advantage of the club dynamics and challenges in this game. it's called Abrams

doing the starting line event right now and i'm blown away by the weather system, i've been searching for the thrill playing gran turismo used to give me as a kid for years, and this is the first time i'm in love with a racing game again

Auctopus

Ha I only did 1 lap to set a time just so It doesn't fill up and I can't do it, may set a proper time later ;) .

Haha, as I was setting it, I was thinking "There's no way this is his final time."

Mine's pretty messy so I'm gonna go back and smooth it out and figure out how to take that last turn properly.

kie25

Haha, as I was setting it, I was thinking "There's no way this is his final time."

Mine's pretty messy so I'm gonna go back and smooth it out and figure out how to take that last turn properly.

Ha yes I know the track the proper way but not really done it in reverse so I'll do a few time trial runs then go bk to it at and set a proper time.

farmerboy

Question: Does anyone know what it feels like to have a cool and calm Finn critique their driving?

Time Trial Multi with Makikou on Los Pelambres in a 458 saw me experience exactly that. After setting a time he was happy with, he spent a few laps following me and telling me where I was going wrong! No shit, his advice saw me shave a good half sec off my time. It was actually enjoyable getting some feedback from someone better, talking about the game and some laughs in the process.

Pity I had to take off for a party, it would have been great to race some more. Next time :)

Cheers Makikou.

knavish

Question: Does anyone know what it feels like to have a cool and calm Finn critique their driving?

Time Trial Multi with Makikou on Los Pelambres in a 458 saw me experience exactly that. After setting a time he was happy with, he spent a few laps following me and telling me where I was going wrong! No shit, his advice saw me shave a good half sec off my time. It was actually enjoyable getting some feedback from someone better, talking about the game and some laughs in the process.

Pity I had to take off for a party, it would have been great to race some more. Next time :)

Cheers Makikou.

yeah I party up with TRP Buttons and Anything But and its a total laugh. P.S. Buttons if you read this you're a bastard! :)

farmerboy

Actually you're one of the guys I wouldn't mind racing with seeing as you said you like a good shitstir. ;-)

But seriously, the more voices you can put to names the better.

knavish

We've already added each other you numbnut :) We just haven't had a chance to race yet lol.

or should I be feeling offended?

nah, this is my first good chance to stir you

hahaha so we have my bad! I was probably so far ahead it was almost as though we were in separate races :)

AMG

Neo Member
If anyone at Evo is reading this, please let us have an option to switch on the headlights during the daytime. Plus an option to only switch on the Front and rear LED lights and finally an option to activate the daytime running lights that are now becoming a std feature on all cars.

Last but not least, please introduce an SUV car pack. AMG GLE63S coupe (22inch wheels), 2015 model Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (with the spider monkey dark chrome vapor alloy wheels ☺️), BMW X6M, Range Rover Sport (SVR), etc.

le-seb

Man, that Dodge is ugly
We only need the CTS-V in the game now, to compete.

Unrelated, why haven't we got accolades for the new makes?
I think they could be included in game without impacting the legacy trophies, so I'm curious why we haven't seen them added...

If anyone at Evo is reading this, please let us have an option to switch on the headlights during the daytime. Plus an option to only switch on the Front and rear LED lights and finally an option to activate the daytime running lights that are now becoming a std feature on all cars.

Last but not least, please introduce an SUV car pack. AMG GLE63S coupe (22inch wheels), 2015 model Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (with the spider monkey dark chrome vapor alloy wheels ☺️), BMW X6M, Range Rover Sport (SVR), etc.
DRLs are present already?

And why would you want to turn the headlights on during the day, they won't have any effect, pointless outside of Photo Mode.

I would like to see some SUVs though. Not the GLE though, that is a gastly thing.

JP

Just been messing around in the Enzo and for the first time I've noticed that the dashboard clock syncs with the game clock.

Auctopus

Just spent the last 15-20 minutes on the LaFerrari challenge and remembered why I give up quite quickly...

Rushy, in a future patch, could you make ghosts less ambiguous? It's so confusing when I'm racing against random ghosts of my own.

"Oh, I beat my best time! Wait, that was just my last lap?"

Also, I might be wrong but I think there's ghosts for best sections of a lap so if I set a particularly fast S1, that ghost would keep coming up instead of my best.

It's all so confusing. I'd really like an option to just click "My best time" then choose either a friend's ghost or a ghost from the Top 10.

lordxar

Just spent the last 15-20 minutes on the LaFerrari challenge and remembered why I give up quite quickly...

Rushy, in a future patch, could you make ghosts less ambiguous? It's so confusing when I'm racing against random ghosts of my own.

Also, I might be wrong but I think there's ghosts for best sections of a lap so if I set a particularly fast S1, that ghost would keep coming up instead of my best.

It's all so confusing. I'd really like an option to just click "My best time" then choose either a friend's ghost or a ghost from the Top 10.

There's an option to turn player names on and it works on ghosts to. May not be the best but it helps.

kie25

I'm confused I only get my PB ghost, and Top time ghost on challenges, on time trails also get next friend above me if I start a new time trial. Never get sector time ghosts.

farmerboy

I think the ghosts can be confusing because they are dependent on the servers working well. At most I think I've had the top ghost, the ghost of the next best time and my ghost on the track at once, and it can get distracting. You can turn them off I suppose.

I agree that it would be good to choose which ghosts you want present. Anyway, my pet peeve is when only your ghost shows up (but you think its the top time) and you think your on a flyer cos you're in front of it, only for the real ghost to show up 8 turns in.

le-seb

^ Just noticed tonight that when doing multiplayer time trials, you apparently get ghosts of the people you're playing with from the start.

Just been messing around in the Enzo and for the first time I've noticed that the dashboard clock syncs with the game clock.
Yep. And some cars' dashboard will also show the outside temperature.

farmerboy

^ Just noticed tonight that when doing multiplayer time trials, you apparently get ghosts of the people you're playing with from the start.

I only just realised you could start a new lap at any time. Up until a couple of days ago if I stuffed a lap I just kept going around. IDIOT!

kie25

I only just realised you could start a new lap at any time. Up until a couple of days ago if I stuffed a lap I just kept going around. IDIOT!
I normally keep going around anyway as better to get into a good rhythmn, as if you keep restarting you won't get the flow the track.

farmerboy

Well actually I agree. Been doing the starting new lap thing for a couple of days and finding that I'm starting to prefer keeping the rhythm of not stopping.

Probably even more important for those of us who haven't got the natural speed.

Shaneus

+Starter tour?

Good job, just in time for the next 2 packs :)
Starter tour stars don't count towards the total, however I'm going to go through them as well :)

And yeah, that was the intention. I was a little over not being able to play "current" tours when they were released, so I was glad to have caught up.

spanna

I hope there won't be a muscle car only tour pack. I've been so chuffed with dc being one of the few console racers that didn't have slow fat arsed muscle cars in it. If I wanted to race an oil tanker I would have bought ship simulator.

Stacey

Banned
Starter tour stars don't count towards the total, however I'm going to go through them as well :)

And yeah, that was the intention. I was a little over not being able to play "current" tours when they were released, so I was glad to have caught up.

The starter tour uses events from the dlc you've completed, but they're easier, you'll have no problems whatsoever finishing them in a single try.

Top Bottom