• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT2| You Can't Rush Evolution

Fonds

Looks like someone beat your time.

I can top their sectors 1 and 2 but can't match it with a decent sector 3 and if I do a decent sector 3 giving me good speed to the start of the lap I screw up sector 1.

Awww no, already?! I'll have to check and see if I can shave off anything somewhere.

Auctopus

Twat of the night award goes to Abuzsrr. Apt username too.

This follows them being a complete knob on the figure of 8 track too, trying to take impossible gaps on the tight corners by barging you out of the way.

I could tell they were going to try and be a knob on this track too right away. Slowing down way too early for the corner, wanting me to get ahead so they could try and ram me.

hlqviv.gif

Then slams the brakes in a straight line followed by an attempted side-swipe.

ndzkas.gif

A lap later they try to side-swipe again, but again completely fails.

vmgsxe.gif

Then this really topped it. They run wide, I take my normal line but do try to avoid and then they pull a dick move.

iyeuxx.gif

DD

It would be interesting if Evolution releases a patch to disable collisions if desired, just to make the live of these bastards a little more miserable. You know, just like it is in Trackmania.

Isn't the new content coming out tomorrow? Evo will usually patch the week before but open the content a week later.

i'm already playing the evolution campaign. ( the new content ) and the patch you're talking about was last week already.

And going by the leaderboards, i'm certainly not alone !

nib95

Banned
AM i alone in this ? Despite having both content downloaded i can only play "evolution" and not " turbocharged"

Same here. Just posted 3rd best time behind kie25 with the new hyper on the venom hot lap track. 5 second difference, but still... :)

I have the same issue :(

Btw, the new electric hyper car is insane! It feels like even more of a rocket ship than the LaFerrari, only it doesn't brake or handle as well.

I have the same issue :(

Btw, the new electric hyper car is insane! It feels like even more of a rocket ship than the LaFerrari, only it doesn't brake or handle as well.

Love the new hyper car , remind me of the caterham SP but in a hyper class.
So stable.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
I'm in the US, and the updates are not available through the in-game store menu either yet. I checked an hour ago.

skelekey

I checked the facebook page and apparently the update won't be here until tomorrow for the US and Europe which is weird and the day after for Japan.

Duallusion

Would it be such a blasphemy if they released reverse versions of all the race tracks? It seems like a pretty easy way to give track selection an additional dose of variety.

And there's that Chilean P2P track that loops around and ends very close to the start point, that could be the best circuit in the game, if they linked it. That track, endurance race, 12 players, 2 car classes, private lobby, 30x time compression, dynamic weather, hnngggg!

nib95

Banned
Lmao the Rimac Automobili Concept_One does really fast doughnuts. You can't hold the handbrake and rev the shit out of the car like other non electric cars, but once you full lock it in to a continuous spin, it spins pretty fast lol.

Love the new vehicles. F40 is an absolute beauty. The new Jag is one of the best sounding vehicles in the game. The new Golf is also nice, very boomy and boy racerish. The Rimac is basically a rocket ship. Feels like you're in constant hyper drive when in it. Only car I don't like is the Dodge Charger SRT. It sounds decent, but it looks crap and feels a tad bloated in it's handling.

Honestly, I think we have enough American cars now, unless they want to give us the new Ford GT40 or the Scuderia Cameron Glickenhaus SCG003, which would be amazing additions. Otherwise I would prefer it if Evo just stuck to European, International and Japanese cars now. But the game definitely needs some Japanese cars above all else.

Makikou

Looking forward to trying the new cars today. I hope MP event's are changed too.

Spent all day yesterday playing DiRT Rally. Best rally game in years to be honest.

Shaneus

q9qjqHX.png

:/

So maybe it's an early version that's buggy or something? Or just that it was meant to be released closer to the other regions?

xrnzaaas

EU store is the worst. It's not like there's 100 different things coming out every day and they still mess things up quite frequently.

kie25

The new hyper car will join the VUHL 05 as the my most hated car, really dislike it, F40 on the other hand is great has a slight twitchy nature to it, which I like.

As for the events looks like im going to have to learn some tracks that I have avoided for a long time both scottish P2Ps, and a few other tracks that I have never really bothered with seen to pop up in both tours. There is not 1 tour time trial that has a track I'm confident with, getting 3 stars won't be a issue but getting in top 5 will be if I tried them.

kie25

Awww no, already?! I'll have to check and see if I can shave off anything somewhere.

I also beat it I got a 41.8 but was only a quick lap I'd expect 41.3-5 if I spent 30mins on it :) still top though but plenty time to be gained. If you want to really test yourself I would advice doing the tour TTs as these are where the faster people tend to spend there time, you will find you start getting faster and noticing where you can go faster very fast on these, if the ghosts work that is.

kie25

Yep, I liked how it looked visually but it was pretty challenging for me.

I only tried dam busters last night as I didn't know track untill I learnt it in la Ferrari, was easier than I thought it would be, think I beat 2nd by nearly 30 seconds ha.

Makikou

I only tried dam busters last night as I didn't know track untill I learnt it in la Ferrari, was easier than I thought it would be, think I beat 2nd by nearly 30 seconds ha.

Dam Busters had one of my fav. tracks so it was pretty fun.

PS. Vuhl 05 is fun. What's wrong with you bro. ;)

Stacey

Banned
Anyone else on the EU store locked out of the turbocharged tour dlc?

The cars are unlocked but not the tour.

It says purchased on the store but in game it tells me to purchase it to play.

I was not a fan of Dam Busters. Was fine halfway through the race, then when it started pissing down I got worse and worse :(

i know the feelign but i'd rather play dam busters than dusk untill dawn.

The new "peak performance" event at least doesn't have much rain .so enjoy it !

Ebolarama

Banned
What is your favorite time of day racing in this game? I mean your preference for maximum lighting sexyness! :p

It's hard to decide between dawn and evening, because both look amazing. I love dawn because the sun rising offers that sense of relief that soon you will have light to see by and your knuckles can regain some of their color for the remainder of the race, especially in Chile where there is little more than your headlights to see by. I also like evening though as it's my favorite time of day IRL, and colors just look ghostly and surreal. The blue/gray shroud that covers the countryside makes the brightness of head and taillights swell to a pleasing glow (instead of the intense tunnels of light they become in total darkness). I like the low light levels, in other words.

Lmao the Rimac Automobili Concept_One does really fast doughnuts. You can't hold the handbrake and rev the shit out of the car like other non electric cars, but once you full lock it in to a continuous spin, it spins pretty fast lol.

Love the new vehicles. F40 is an absolute beauty. The new Jag is one of the best sounding vehicles in the game. The new Golf is also nice, very boomy and boy racerish. The Rimac is basically a rocket ship. Feels like you're in constant hyper drive when in it. Only car I don't like is the Dodge Charger SRT. It sounds decent, but it looks crap and feels a tad bloated in it's handling.

Honestly, I think we have enough American cars now, unless they want to give us the new Ford GT40 or the Scuderia Cameron Glickenhaus SCG003, which would be amazing additions. Otherwise I would prefer it if Evo just stuck to European, International and Japanese cars now. But the game definitely needs some Japanese cars above all else.

I would like to see the Saleen S7 and Raptor and SSC Ultimate Aero and Tuatara in addition to what you named.

I think a Ford GT40 and 2005 GT would be more likely for the Fords. I'm not sure how car exclusivity works in the gaming industry, but I doubt the 2016 GT40 will show up anywhere until after Forza Motorsports 6 releases.

What is your favorite time of day racing in this game? I mean your preference for maximum lighting sexyness! :p
Time is difficult as it varies location-to-location but I like dawn, the best points are normally on the half-hour mark so I love kie25 for getting them to add half hour intervals.

If it is raining though I prefer the afternoon or mid-morning.

farmerboy

You could have a cup of tea in between gear changes on that thing :)

On another note, some enjoyable racing with ainsz and his mate Extermiator, Makikou, myself and my mate buggie_brain. Pity its late and I gotta take off. :-(

Good times though, a few good laughs :) Already looking forward to next time.

Top Bottom