• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT2| You Can't Rush Evolution

desu

I only tried dam busters last night as I didn't know track untill I learnt it in la Ferrari, was easier than I thought it would be, think I beat 2nd by nearly 30 seconds ha.

Man, and that doesn't even count in the fact that you're probably worse than the average player.

farmerboy

At least you can all do it. I hate drifting cos I haven't a clue, I still need to 3 star pretty much all the tour events. It's just not compelling to me, or maybe it would be if I could actually do them.

Shaneus

It was that 13 lap race in Chile that starts in the evening and ends in the morning, and you are forced to use the worst hyper, the RUF CTR3 against a field of much better hypercars. One of the tougher races, IMO.
Oh yeah. I don't recall having that much of an issue with it? I know the major show-stoppers amongst all the tour events was the Venom HL2 and Dam Busters. The latter probably because it was more recent.

Was Dusk til Dawn the one where you had to beat 9 of the challenges as well? If so... yeah, I just remembered. And you're right. I take it back.

Leunam

I hate having my race with someone spoiled a little because of desperation maneuvers at the end.

I just had a fantastic rave with three or four other people in Takamagi Hills reverse. I'm going back and forth with these guys for bottom four. The one guy I end up racing on the final lap is trying hard to stay ahead of me in his Lotus and right as I get close to passing him on the final straight to the finish he decides to ruin all the good will he built up during the race by ramming my car and trying to put me in the wall. We had a great battle up until then and he didn't try that move earlier during the race. What a shame. The split ended up being something like .009 or something.

Shaneus

I had something like that happen as well, same car in fact. Thankfully I beat him even after he tried to wallfuck me, and I saved the replay :D

I think it was the same track as well. I wasn't actually in a Lotus, so at least you know it wasn't me that did it! His name was all caps and started with A, I think.

Leunam

I remember racing another dude, both of us in the Mazzanti, and while I was able to maintain a gap in the wet, he closed in on me mighty quick as the track started to dry up. Last corner he makes a beautiful pass on the inside and I race him to the line. I had to message him afterwards and we both agreed it was a good fight.

If I was an asshole I could have easily spun him out and held on to 5th (lol) place.

Makikou

Last night ainsz and his mate were giving us aussies some grief over our use of the English language.

Thus I present to you all, a not entirely relevant video, but it does contain cars, wet weather and Aussies at their finest.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=dl6K8ai5J9s

Ey, mate. Yeah we did mate. ;)
I am also positively surprised by the new Jag XKR-S. Feels good to drive and is quite stable. Also saw a Lambo for the first time in MP so i just had to pick it, the Gallardo Squadra Corse <3. Absolutely dominated with it on wet weather. I wish the new cars would be chooseable but it seems like they are barely to be seen on MP

I'm getting really sick of every tour event having rain. I'm convinced no one at Evo actually plays the game in cockpit view. I'm blasting along a twisty, narrow road at 150mph, water is pooling all over the screen and my wipers are on a slow *intermittent* setting. Why? How can you possibly balance the game when the difference between cockpit and chasecam is so huge? Wet events in chase are a doddle. Players can actually concentrate on their driving while cockpit players are fighting with artificial difficulty created by such poor visibility.

Tldr; for the love of God, put the wipers on a more realistic setting.

xrnzaaas

I played the new content yesterday, not too much, because there were server issues again. I'm loving the muscle-cars from the DLC.

I'm getting really sick of every tour event having rain. I'm convinced no one at Evo actually plays the game in cockpit view. I'm blasting along a twisty, narrow road at 150mph, water is pooling all over the screen and my wipers are on a slow *intermittent* setting. Why? How can you possibly balance the game when the difference between cockpit and chasecam is so huge? Wet events in chase are a doddle. Players can actually concentrate on their driving while cockpit players are fighting with artificial difficulty created by such poor visibility.

I've raised this before. Weather is being overused massively. It's no longer "hey, cool - a wet race" anymore. It's more like "for fuck's sake, rain - again!"

Soothsayer137

Neo Member

I agree with this, also AI seems to be mostly unaffected by visibility or rainy conditions and drive perfectly. I hate it so much. I just want there to be an affect so I can feel like my time isnt spent trying to see the road and trying to enjoy cockpit view

nib95

Banned
Haven't felt the issue with overuse of rain, but I do spread my Tours out a fair bit, so who knows. For me personally, I just want slightly tougher Tours, or even more competent AI. I don't mean hard as is cheap, e.g. putting in a gold star for following a racing line on the last race of a championship or other nonsense like that, but more stuff like putting you against stiffer competition, harder to beat time trial times, or a slower car compared to the competition. I understand some find the game very hard, and that it's a balancing act, but that Prestige mode or whatever we discussed in the past, would certainly be great for that. Maybe a few new stars after you've completed a Tour, for those who want maximum challenge.

Drifters

Alright did the AI get tweaked in the last patch? I swear, I struggle to place 1st now and either end up 2nd, 3rd or dead last. :(

kie25

I agree with this, also AI seems to be mostly unaffected by visibility or rainy conditions and drive perfectly. I hate it so much. I just want there to be an affect so I can feel like my time isnt spent trying to see the road and trying to enjoy cockpit view

Although I agree the wipers should be on maximum speed at all times, the AI do get affected by rain if anything a little to much, it is more likely that your spinning your wheels to much and loosing traction, which is loosing you time compared to the AI, heavy rain although affects grip the overaul lap time does not get greatly affected, tracks like Tamil 1 it's only 4 seconds at most.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
I got my T300RS wheel and wheel stand pro set up yesterday and played for a couple hours. I love it! Tne game is so much better with a wheel and peddles. The wheel is super responsive and the force feedback is awesome.

kie25

I got my T300RS wheel and wheel stand pro set up yesterday and played for a couple hours. I love it! Tne game is so much better with a wheel and peddles. The wheel is super responsive and the force feedback is awesome.

Plays allot more like a simulation game with the wheel, lots more Emersion especially from the dash view where your wheel looks like it's in the car, so happy that project cars has got the same view :)

le-seb

Plays allot more like a simulation game with the wheel, lots more Emersion especially from the dash view where your wheel looks like it's in the car, so happy that project cars has got the same view :)
Are you speaking of this awesome view you can't see shit from when it's raining because the wipers are too slow and you're sometimes blinded for 4 seconds?
Awesome but alas unplayable in rainy conditions. :'(

Alright did the AI get tweaked in the last patch? I swear, I struggle to place 1st now and either end up 2nd, 3rd or dead last. :(

I actually don't remember the last time I was first :|

The AI drives absolutely perfectly, and even when they do mistakes they seem to recover a lot quicker than you do. I have actually given up trying to win races and just drive around while listening to Spotify.

I actually don't remember the last time I was first :|

The AI drives absolutely perfectly, and even when they do mistakes they seem to recover a lot quicker than you do. I have actually given up trying to win races and just drive around while listening to Spotify.

I think it's shows how impossible it is to get a difficulty level to suit everyone - I started the Turbocharged tour last night and the only event I had to do more than once to 3 star was that drift event on Nagasendo. There's just a massive span of player ability and Evo get criticised for trying to allow for this by having the AI slow down if they're ahead.

LordofPwn

Love the F40. Love this game too. Been a great way to keep my trophy-a-day streak going. so many trophies when i got a silver one yesterday it didnt change the percent any. lol.

kie25

Are you speaking of this awesome view you can't see shit from when it's raining because the wipers are too slow and you're sometimes blinded for 4 seconds?
Awesome but alas unplayable in rainy conditions. :'(
Unplayable is a slight exaggeration ha, I can play it fine in heavy rain, la Ferrari is a slight pain as it only has 1 wiper but still not unplayable, would be better if the speed was fast as possible at all times though.

kie25

I think it's shows how impossible it is to get a difficulty level to suit everyone - I started the Turbocharged tour last night and the only event I had to do more than once to 3 star was that drift event on Nagasendo. There's just a massive span of player ability and Evo get criticised for trying to allow for this by having the AI slow down if they're ahead.

Agreed as i would make all events harder 3 star times should be a challenge, the venom hot lap was the closest to a challenge but even that can be beat by 4 seconds which is a massive amount on a short track.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member

Definitely. I love the dash view. The cockpit view is too obscured for my liking, and less immersive since the wheel is in my hands and on the screen. :D

le-seb

Unplayable is a slight exaggeration ha, I can play it fine in heavy rain, la Ferrari is a slight pain as it only has 1 wiper but still not unplayable, would be better if the speed was fast as possible at all times though.
Man, you're the god of drivers, perfectly know each track, master any car, nothing is unplayable for you.
The Sunday driver I am already crashed multiple times in corners because I really couldn't see nothing but big ass blurry drops on my screen when rain started pouring heavily. I had more than once to switch into cockpit view to see a bit of the track, and this is just a bad situation.
I love the dashboard view, but as long as the wipers take their sweet time to go full speed under heavy rain, it's just unplayable for mere mortals, like me.

kie25

Man, you're the god of drivers, perfectly know each track, master any car, nothing is unplayable for you.
The Sunday driver I am already crashed multiple times in corners because I really couldn't see nothing but big ass blurry drops on my screen when rain started pouring heavily. I had more than once to switch into cockpit view to see a bit of the track, and this is just a bad situation.
I love the dashboard view, but as long as the wipers take their sweet time to go full speed under heavy rain, it's just unplayable for mere mortals, like me.

I stick to bonnet if the wipers are slow, as still
Immersive and no big rain drops, and I don't know all tracks trust me, I've got some serious learning of the tracks for the new dlc trust me ha, both scottish P2P I don't know, and plenty other P2P tracks I'm clueless on, along with some circuit tracks, race tracks I'm fine though.

The single races offline are just flat out terrible, in short races you drive to the front with the moronic ai occasionally bumping you before finishing with them <1.5secs behind nearly every time, and the long 25 lap races, the AI is blitzed and lapped, please give us gameplay sliders, assists, ai - aggression, braking, cornering / display - viewing angles, etc. we're in a new console generation but still lumbered with the same limited shit. At least SMS have somewhat seen the light, Evos needs to join in.

Leunam

I really like the Charger but it feels may e a little slow for its class. I can handle it just fine but I don't have much hope at the start where everyone just buzzes past me. Otherwise it's pretty fun if a little sluggish.

lordxar

The F40 TT with slight rain and a windshield wiper that barely moves? Yea it blows monkey nuts...I had to go third person just to drive, well any other view than cockpit. Hey look, there's a curve...no wait rain...oh hey crashed into a curve...sweet. Slow ass wipers...

The F40 TT with slight rain and a windshield wiper that barely moves? Yea it blows monkey nuts...I had to go third person just to drive, well any other view than cockpit. Hey look, there's a curve...no wait rain...oh hey crashed into a curve...sweet. Slow ass wipers...
The wipers actually start off faster, until the GO text pops up and then they slow to an intermittent wipe. Seems like a bug to me.

Soothsayer137

Neo Member
I know I could probably find this somewhere else but just wanted to get fresh opinions, is it worth it to learn manual gear shifting? it takes alot more concentrated effort when I gave it a go but besides the advantage of meticulous concentration at all times would you reccomend it ? i'm trying to get faster times now that i'm in the tougher end of the races

Leunam

I know I could probably find this somewhere else but just wanted to get fresh opinions, is it worth it to learn manual gear shifting? it takes alot more concentrated effort when I gave it a go but besides the advantage of meticulous concentration at all times would you reccomend it ? i'm trying to get faster times now that i'm in the tougher end of the races

It's the only way I play in racing games. I really recommend trying it out and sticking with it even if it's frustrating at first. Over time you'll find you have more control entering or exiting a corner.

lordxar

I'd say its personal preference. Kie has said or at least mentioned that the people making top times are a mixture between automatic and manual. I personally see it as a huge headache vs minimal gains for my own shitty driving. I'd be better served learning to corner better in the first place but thats just me.

Top Bottom