• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT2| You Can't Rush Evolution

I can hardly believe it, but I now get THREE download choices for this pack.
AnythingBut's missing option is probably there.
Sorry mate, would share if I could.

I get 3 choices if i go through the PSN store on the pc, but 2 ingame and 2 via the store app.

Deleted everything,backed up save data to the cloud and just re-downloading to see if that worked, but did have some good races with DJW tonight. :)

Ainsz

So this happened earlier. The race times and finish results have been all over the place lately but was still funny to see.

image.jpg

Shaneus

So I might be a bit slow on the uptake, but Rushy confirmed on Twitter that all the drivers mentioned in the Evolution tour are staffers. Hi guys (and girls)!

desu

So I might be a bit slow on the uptake, but Rushy confirmed on Twitter that all the drivers mentioned in the Evolution tour are staffers. Hi guys (and girls)!

I thought that this was a really nice touch.

Also Rushy sucks, in the Wombat event he caused a giant crash right after the start xD.

Do you use the throttle only as full-on or full-off? I found I started getting infinitely better when instead of pumping the accel to get a good median speed through a corner, I just feathered it between 0 and 100%. Hell, I even did a semi-successful spring mod to my trigger to make it stiffer.

What did you use to increase the resistance? I have been thinking about doing something similar.

Shaneus

What did you use to increase the resistance? I have been thinking about doing something similar.
Took the spring out, bent it the way it wasn't supposed to so it's harder to compress. It didn't make that much of a difference to be honest, but I have a feeling there's a way to do it that's actually successful. Just don't know how.

Mascot

I'm new to Driveclub having picked it up a couple of days ago. A lot of the tracks seem a bit too tight and narrow to encourage clean, free-flowing racing (especially online) but the faster, more open tracks (like Black Hills Raceway) are a lot of fun. The game's definitely got a PGR feel to it and after initially being a bit underwhelmed it's now growing on me.

After two and a half weeks of Driveclub celibacy, getting back in was like falling backwards into a bed of warm butter. It just feels so good.

It's not a bug, what you've seen on the store is the paying shortcut to unlock the car.
It was a bug, it should have unlocked in my game because I was already Ferrari level 5. A system restart and game restart later, it finally did.

Here's what the DriveClub game tile looks like when I drill down into it from the PS4 dash:

Have owned the game from day one, and even re-installed it from scratch when swapping in a larger hard drive. Makes no difference. Can't even rate the game as I only ever see the option to buy it again.

Yep.
Yeah there's some weird stuff going on with this game sometimes. I think some of it stems from the PS+ version that's still MIA.

le-seb

It was a bug, it should have unlocked in my game because I was already Ferrari level 5. A system restart and game restart later, it finally did.
The LaFerrari will still show up on the store as $3.49 even though you're a season pass holder.
It's definitely not a bug.

The fact that the car was still locked in game was actually a bug, but not something you complained about. ;)

Auctopus

Anyone else finding their time trial scores are taking a long time to update on the leaderboard? I'm sitting here with a 4th place time on the new laFerrari challenge that hasn't been updated yet and I'm not sure if I can quit.

You know, I don't often say this, but this game is incredible and is a perfect example for why i prefer fictional tracks in racing games. I'm having so much fun with the Evolution DLC tour pack. The sense of speed, the track design, the visuals and the sounds. So, so good.

Anyone else finding their time trial scores are taking a long time to update on the leaderboard? I'm sitting here with a 4th place time on the new laFerrari challenge that hasn't been updated yet and I'm not sure if I can quit.
Yeah mine is crapped on that challenge too, though mines only good enough for 6th :p

DrKelpo

Banned
A few days ago I was racing online and we drove on a course in India if I remember correctly. The weather was so bad, that you really had problems seeing the road and I don't mean just loads of water in your face. The storm and time of days made it so intense, all the drivers had to drive extremely slow, because often you could barely see 10m in front of you.

Anyone know which settings that could have been?

A few days ago I was racing online and we drove on a course in India if I remember correctly. The weather was so bad, that you really had problems seeing the road and I don't mean just loads of water in your face. The storm and time of days made it so intense, all the drivers had to drive extremely slow, because often you could barely see 10m in front of you.

Anyone know which settings that could have been?
Heavy precipitation? :p

I'm going to guess you were on Glenmorgan or whatever it is called, where if you set it to Cloudy (and/or Stormy) and Heavy Precipitation and you should then get cloud that enters the track, times of around 6-10PM give it a great hue.

farmerboy

Ok everyone, just gonna go ahead and ask this as I'm interested to hear the answers.

As big Driveclub fans, what are our thoughts on Project Cars?

Room for both? Do you think you'll move on? Not interested?

Personally, not sure I'll get PC as I only have so much time to game anyway and if my friends move on to something else, I'll probably use that as an excuse to go through some of the backlog. Though one of my close friends is getting it which may sway me to get it. Though I don't think it'll take Driveclub's place, I've really enjoyed this game.

Anyway, this is not intended to take anything away from DC, just interested to hear your thoughts as PC is the next big competitor in racing on the PS4 and thus, somewhat relevant.

DD

Ok everyone, just gonna go ahead and ask this as I'm interested to hear the answers.

Personally, not sure I'll get PC as I only have so much time to game anyway and if my friends move on to something else, I'll probably use that as an excuse to go through some of the backlog. Though one of my close friends is getting it which may sway me to get it. Though I don't think it'll take Driveclub's place, I've really enjoyed this game.

Anyway, this is not intended to take anything away from DC, just interested to hear your thoughts as PC is the next big competitor in racing on the PS4 and thus, somewhat relevant.

I'll definitely get PCars down the road for the PS4. The problem is: console gaming here in Brazil is expensive as f*ck, so I'll have to wait for a price drop. So it might take a while, even though my desire is to grab it, like, right now. ;(

Definitely interested. I think there's room because Project Cars has a sim focus and is filled with real world tracks.

If anything, pCars is eating Forza's lunch, not DCs. Forza 6 vs. pCars is the matchup for this year I think.

DC occupies its own unique world being neither open world nor real world based. No game outside of the open world NFS titles has such lush environments to race within, and even then NFS is filled with gimmicks whereas DC is all about the car and the track with nothing extraneous.

Shaneus

Definitely interested. I think there's room because Project Cars has a sim focus and is filled with real world tracks.

If anything, pCars is eating Forza's lunch, not DCs. Forza 6 vs. pCars is the matchup for this year I think.

DC occupies its own unique world being neither open world nor real world based. No game outside of the open world NFS titles has such lush environments to race within, and even then NFS is filled with gimmicks whereas DC is all about the car and the track with nothing extraneous.
Yeah, I get that feeling as well. It could well be my alt console racer next to DC and stave off any hankering for a One. Only tossing up between the PS4 and PC versions as it's PS4/controller or PC/wheel/old GPU.

krioto

I think I'll stick with DC for now - maybe get Project Cars later- won't be rushing to buy it day 1 - time constraints, and I really love playing DC

Project Cars seems more along the lines of GT than DC.
I usually buy GT, but I'm more into DC than I've ever gotten into GT, so I'm not feeling the need to buy another car racing game.

All the updates have definitely kept DC interesting - and I still have several hundred stars out of an ever increasing number.

If Evolution release another season pass, that may prevent me needing another racer for years to come.

Mascot

Of course there's room for both - they are aiming for entirely different markets. I'm getting deeply hooked on Driveclub (after Shaneus's recommendation about its PGR-like qualities) but am eagerly anticipating pCARS in a few days time. The two will happily coexist in my game room, one for arcade thrills and the other for a deeper sim-based experience.

I have pre-ordered Pcars and think it's complementary to Driveclub as it will be sim focussed. I will spend most of my time ragging the Lotus 49 around the circuits. Please be good.

Room for both!!?!? There is a plenty of room where I live :). Only thing thats missing on PS4 are games like Forza Horizon (open world with great physics).
My schedule is 45min with DC and 45min with pCARS and another 45min with Tropico5 :) and than I can join my wife LOL

Jamesways

pCARS and DC were the primary reasons I bought a ps4. Plus then I could import the Milestone games like MotoGP and Ride (spotty releases on region free versions on the 360 last gen).

pCARS has been my most anticipated racing game the past 3 years. I so excited to finally play in on consoles. I love sim racing and I imagine the bulk of my gaming time will be spent in the GT3 cars.
Add in MotoGP15 that comes in June and I think DC will get a rest for a while.

But yes, there's definitely room for both in my house too.
As Null said, DC's worlds are so incredibly lush, it'll be fun to go back to.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
I have Project Cars preordered. I wanted another racer to play with my new wheel. I'll probably keep playing both unless I like P Cars a ton more. I like Driveclub, but I'm not huge on the drifting focus.

Tommi84

I will pickup pCars when my DFGT wheel is supported which is probably never as my PC can't launch the menu pf pCars let alone the game itself.

dobs2424, another twat-end to avoid.

I mean what the actual fuck. Never even touched the person, so why take this attitude over eight place?

yvdpnc.gif

vbljpb.gif

vszwvd.gif

They all have a pop here. It's like a boxing match.
ybtwaf.gif

iulabc.gif

This was enjoyable.
nvlgyn.gif

Unfortunately the long run to the first corner gave them enough slipstream to keep catching me up lap after lap meaning I had to endure more shit.
lwgacu.gif

zcyghh.gif

The race had gone so after one final barge from them the perfect opportunity to get one back presented itself.
kqfcut.gif

Lately I've been thinking about the absence of private lobbies in Driveclub, specially now that project cars is coming out in a few days with private lobbies from day one. I was thinking why wouldn't evolution let us choose which combination of track/car/time/conditions we like to play, and I've come up with this weird idea. Maybe, and I say maybe because I haven't done any research on this, there are certain combinations of cars/track/time/condition that would stress the games engine too much and would cause frame rate dips or even the game to crash.

You know, maybe if you choose for example putre in chile, with 12 different cars, at night, raining in a thunderstorm, the game would crash. So they prevent this from happening by not allowing us to choose our own settings until they come up with a fix, and that's why it's taking so long.

What do you guys think?

farmerboy

^I doubt it's the case. The tours just about have every combination you could wish for and I have never encountered anything you would describe as less than "rock solid". Their netcode though, (as in their lobby system and matchmaking. The actual racing is stable as) is a different story.

pCARS is certainly something I'm interested in, as I've played nothing but DC since its release. I've come to the realisation that I enjoy racing games A LOT. I'm slowly coming around to the idea that a pCARS purchase may help me rationalise spending big on a wheel.

Driveclub may be "only" 30fps but its supremely solid gameplay has spoiled me. One tear or a 25% drop in frames in pCARS I think would definitely spoil it for me.

Gaffi

Just started Driveclub and really liking it. I'm not much of a car guy but I've always enjoyed racing games but mostly sci-fi or less realistic ones like Burnout. As far as I understand clubs are a big thing in this game, being in the name and all. Is there a certain GAF club that I should try to get invited into? :)

farmerboy

dobs2424, another twat-end to avoid.

I mean what the actual fuck. Never even touched the person, so why take this attitude over eight place?

That is a serious body of evidence against dobs. What a pest. I bet you were swearing like a trooper during that race.

Maybe he's a lurker and doesn't like mango. Or chutney. Or especially mango flavoured chutney.

Soothsayer137

Neo Member
Just started Driveclub and really liking it. I'm not much of a car guy but I've always enjoyed racing games but mostly sci-fi or less realistic ones like Burnout. As far as I understand clubs are a big thing in this game, being in the name and all. Is there a certain GAF club that I should try to get invited into? :)

theres a spot open on mine if you're interested

Duallusion

Is there going to be a demo for Project Cars? Would like one before I decide if I'll be buying it now or later this year. DC enlightened me of how bored of same ol' racing tracks I've become over the years.

Worth doing a back to back time trial with either method and let us know the results - good info for Evo there is an issue.

Well guess what, triggers seem to be working better than right stick for some reason. I dunno if its the quicker response (going L2/R2 is faster than doing back/fwd on a stick) or if it is scaled properly compared to the stick, but skid control feels better with triggers. This is definitely not the case with GT and Forza where right stick gives you better control than triggers simply because it has longer travel distance.

Top Bottom