• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT2| You Can't Rush Evolution

How are you guys coping with switching between the two? Do you find you take things too cautiously when returning to DC or too recklessly when in PC? I've nearly pulled the trigger and bought PC a few times but each time I read the OT it puts me off with the controller / framerate / bug issues etc. Sounds like there's a brilliant game in there but maybe after another patch or 2.

I do take things to cautiously when switching from PC to DC, the other way around there is no issue because being very cautious becomes second nature in PC.

Imo there is no controller issue in PC. You can tune it to your liking and there are some really good settings posted already. The three default settings that come with game didn't work for me so the first few hours were frustating. The only issue is that tuning the controller to your liking is key to enjoying the game.

There are framerate/tearing issues in certain conditions/tracks. To me these are not a dealbreaker but it makes me appreciate the consistency of Driveclub even more. If you cannot deal with these issues you can always create your own events were you have full control over conditions and have a smooth experience. There are bugs but i have not been confronted with them in such a frequency that it became annoying.

The driving experience is already brilliant. You do not have to wait on a patch to experience this. I'm actually tricked in believing that i'm controlling a real car. It's a blast!

U2NUMB

Alright... owned the game back at the beginning and traded it in due to being frustrated. After hearing how much they added and fixed I have re-bought the game (on sale at best buy!!) and will jump in again...

Thanks for the responses guys, yeah I think I'm going to pick this up now - just seems bloody crazy to not properly sort out the controls on the pad especially after they pulled the same trick on NFS Shift too!

kie25

So I've just learned that the people in the project cars forum are not grateful of my video, 3 down votes in about 5 mins for this lap that puts me 5th out off 1000s of people. I know this is the Driveclub thread but you guys are more respectful of good driving than them lot ha.

https://youtu.be/FgEGCjU87CY

Sooooooooooooooo, as a casual driving games player this game kind of overwhelms, hahaha. Goddamn pretty, though!

Any tips? Oh, is there a GAF club around? Can I join? Does people still actively playing? Is there a GAF-noob-friendly club? Hahaha.

Still need a club? I just got the game last Thursday and I'm pretty noobish at this too. I just joined a level 1 club on my friends list that was open and have been leveling it up myself since I'm pretty sure the person who owns the club doesn't play anymore. If you start up a club I'll join you. Wouldn't mind being in one that will have some active members. PSN is MrJellyBean. Let me know if you start up a club.

Finally had a race with a bunch of people who knew what they were doing on a track they knew with everyone either in SP300.R or the BAC Mono, I have pretty much wanted that since day one but never got it. One person slightly ruined it as they kept ramming and trying to place people into barriers and good enough to keep up pace but from 1st to 12th there must have only been 3 seconds difference at the end.

nib95

Banned
So I've just learned that the people in the project cars forum are not grateful of my video, 3 down votes in about 5 mins for this lap that puts me 5th out off 1000s of people. I know this is the Driveclub thread but you guys are more respectful of good driving than them lot ha.

https://youtu.be/FgEGCjU87CY

Damn, that thing looks like a beast. Looks weirdly high up and wobbly too, as if it were almost an SUV lol. Great lap though. Looks like you're just talented at racing games full stop.

le-seb

So it looks like the PS+ edition of the game has been updated lately, and that it removes access to the first part of the Driveclub Tour (located in India) in favour of full access to the new Startline Tour (which features events from all locations).

farmerboy

Is this a Driveclub thread or what?

Nice fairly clean race with the Caterham.
https://youtu.be/EQnkoo4vOvA

Still think DC illicits a better sense of speed, the quick arcadey nature, not just of the cars but the game too (ie, your in a race within a minute or two, lovely quick menus and loading) are just perfect when you know you haven't the time for a long session.

Nyx

So it looks like the PS+ edition of the game has been updated lately, and that it removes access to the first part of the Driveclub Tour (located in India) in favour of full access to the new Startline Tour (which features events from all locations).

And ofcourse most of the replies are shitposts...
(in the topic about this vid..)

kie25

You do know that people read more than one thread, yes..?
Well clearly as there are people from in here that go on there, but for people to down vote a video after few mins for no actual reason is baffling, in my 6months off posting Driveclub videos in here , I never got 1 down vote, maybe it's because I was on ps4 and some very sad people downvote due to platform I don't know.

Mascot

Well clearly as there are people from in here that go on there, but for people to down vote a video after few mins for no actual reason is baffling, in my 6months off posting Driveclub videos in here , I never got 1 down vote, maybe it's because I was on ps4 and some very sad people downvote due to platform I don't know.

But what makes you think it was GAFers in the pCARS thread who voted negatively? Couldn't it have been anybody?
(I thought it was a great drive and great video, BTW)

This video confirms everything anyone who played driveclub knew about it , yet some baffling people in the other threads refused to believe.

How nice to feel right
As for me i'm playing driveclub from time to time. Hopefully there will be something for us who have reached Lv 50 ( i'm only asking for more levels )

This video confirms everything anyone who played driveclub knew about it , yet some baffling people in the other threads refused to believe.

How nice to feel right
As for me i'm playing driveclub from time to time. Hopefully there will be something for us who have reached Lv 50 ( i'm only asking for more levels )

Already confirmed to be coming from Rushy

What else is coming to DRIVECLUB?

» Server upgrades: to improve stability and performance for all current players and to enable the release of the PS+ Edition and DRIVECLUB companion app.
» Private lobbies: Development of Private Lobbies for Multiplayer is ongoing alongside development of server upgrades.
» Replays: are in the final stages of development and testing. It's likely that offline replays will come ahead of Multiplayer replays.
» Changes to drift scoring: to ensure that you are rewarded for momentum, control and staying on the track in drift zones.
» Lots more cars: We can't say what's coming just yet, but many of your most commonly requested cars and manufacturers are coming to DRIVECLUB, along with a few surprises.
» New ranks: because many of you are at Level 50 already.
» Lots more! Please keep sharing your feedback about DRIVECLUB with us to help the game continue to evolve around you.

Had a nice overtake slide the other day that I grabbed on replay, will pop up when I get home.

ajcacio

Banned
Welcome to the Club!

We're getting closer to OT 3. so we should get a list of all who have united in speed

7mrm4aS.jpg

Might as well throw my hat in too. I'm really proud of this platinum and enjoyed every second of it. (Also 100%'d all DLC if I'm tooting my own horn)

xrnzaaas

How are you guys coping with switching between the two? Do you find you take things too cautiously when returning to DC or too recklessly when in PC? I've nearly pulled the trigger and bought PC a few times but each time I read the OT it puts me off with the controller / framerate / bug issues etc. Sounds like there's a brilliant game in there but maybe after another patch or 2.

Switching back to DC is no problem. Can't say the same with pCARS... I'm having problems doing a good lap after a longer break, not to mention winning a race on pro settings. ;) I didn't play pCARS enough to score the game, but imo there aren't any groundbreaking bugs and it's playable even in the rain when the framerate drops.

When did they add the other intro vid? It was the third time I had seen the change in the cinematic and music but always too quickly pressed X but that was the first time I got to watch it.

Hit level 50, club level 32 and 765/765 stars over the weekend. Great racing game. Can't wait for more ours to come out. How often do they usually come out?

Is this a Driveclub thread or what?

Nice fairly clean race with the Caterham.
https://youtu.be/EQnkoo4vOvA

Still think DC illicits a better sense of speed, the quick arcadey nature, not just of the cars but the game too (ie, your in a race within a minute or two, lovely quick menus and loading) are just perfect when you know you haven't the time for a long session.

What time of day is that? It looks quite dark, like pre-patch contrast problems...

farmerboy

What time of day is that? It looks quite dark, like pre-patch contrast problems...

Can't quite remember cos it was a multi race. But i think it was late in the day with overcast weather. Time acceleration was also very slow so it didn't just transition quickly to night, just sought of hung around in that dusk time of day. Definitely made for difficult seeing conditions. I think youtube makes it look a bit murky as well.

The lighting is really Driveclubs biggest triumph. Along with an awesome sense of speed at 30fps, which many thought that wouldn't be possible.

I'm really keen to see what Evo has in store for us next. Though it seems many have moved on, I'm struggling to let go. I've really, REALLY, enjoyed Driveclub. 2 kids, wife and business means I don't get a lot of time to game, and DC has given me exactly what I want, all the thrills without worrying about tyre pressures and cambers. :)

Just get in and drive fast
ok moderately quick

leng jai

As good as DriveClub's lighting is, it still never really pulls off the bright sunny day look. Even at full brightness there's still a slightly muted overtone to everything.

I dunno if the Evo guys still check on this thread to see what our ideas and opinions are but I'd love to see a couple of changes on the online side of things. Setting the time trials to have different lengths depending on the time it takes to do a lap would be an improvement. Having enough time for 4-5 full laps seems about right to me, but 11 minutes on a 45sec per lap track feels too long.

I'd also love to see time trials and races paired up, so the time trial acts as the qualifying grid for the race to follow. I think this would help clean the races up as you'd be more likely to have people around the same ability near you.

le-seb

I'm glad its not just me that has always noticed this.

Cayoosh Point in Canada is the only track that truly nails bright sunshine around noon.
Maybe it's because Canada is the only location taking place during summer (or say late spring)?

Just made the test using the course selection, and Ii seems to feature 16 hours of sun light a day, while the other locations only get from 12 (Chile) to 14 hours (Norway).
It's obvious from the sceneries that Japan is situated during spring, and Norway during autumn.
I'm unsure for Chile and Scotland, but if the weather/lighting engine sticks to the reality, the sun is lower on the horizon during these seasons, and the days aren't as bright as they can be during summer.
I think it could simply be the reason for what we're seeing here.

That being said, 13:00 in Chile can be bright as fuck.

As good as DriveClub's lighting is, it still never really pulls off the bright sunny day look. Even at full brightness there's still a slightly muted overtone to everything.

lol and I thought it was my TV. I have a separate preset for DC that makes everything bright while minimizing dynamic contrast.

AristoCat

It's a second Lambo Pack :)

It looks like :

Yellow : Diablo
Orange : Murcielago SV
Grey : Sesto Elemento

And I'm not quite sure about the last one.

Instead of the Reventon it could be an Egoista, but it is really hard to tell. Yeah, the Diablo looks like a good idea. More Lambos are welcome :)

Meh :(

Where the fuck are the Japanese cars?

Yeah we need some of those horrible grey plastic dashboards. But in all seriousness after this pack the JP cars need to start coming through, I'm not the biggest fan of Japanese cars and the game would be better for them. I'd certainly release a few prior to the plus edition.

Ebolarama

Banned
Yeah we need some of those horrible grey plastic dashboards. But in all seriousness after this pack the JP cars need to start coming through, I'm not the biggest fan of Japanese cars and the game would be better for them. I'd certainly release a few prior to the plus edition.

I agree with this. I'm not really concerned about Japanese cars, but I would love to drive the LFA, GT-R and Furai. It just seems weird that it has taken so long. Has this ever happened to any single other racing game (that features real-world cars)? I mean ever.

I'm also glad I have never bothered with Twitter. 99% of those replies are fucking ignorant and pure troll level. I got angry reading them.
It certainly looks like a second Lambo pack. I guess it's a 4-pack plus free =/ Last month's 8 cars spoiled me I guess.

AMG

Neo Member
It's a second Lambo Pack :)

It looks like :

Yellow : Diablo
Orange : Murcielago SV
Grey : Sesto Elemento

And I'm not quite sure about the last one.

same guess on my end. Though I'm excited to try the Elemento as it is supposed to be super quick!

le-seb

I'm not saying Lambos aren't nice cars, but damn, a full pack of them in march and another full pack of them in may is pissing me off a bit.
Spreading them over the three remaining car packs would have been a far better option for the people who like diversity, in my opinion.

I'm still waiting for the Mitsuoka Orochi, Evo!
mitsuoka-orochi.jpg

I'm not saying Lambos aren't nice cars, but damn, a full pack of them in march and another full pack of them in may is pissing me off a bit.
Spreading them over the three remaining car packs would have been a far better option for the people who like diversity, in my opinion.

I'm still waiting for the Mitsuoka Orochi, Evo!
mitsuoka-orochi.jpg
Not if you're not a season pass owner though. If you love Lambos then you'd be pissed at 'having' to buy 4 packs to get the cars when you otherwise could buy just 2.

Top Bottom