• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT2| You Can't Rush Evolution

Skii

Shouldn't they have spaced out the Lambo packs a bit? Maybe we should've had the first one in December so this wouldn't be so disappointing now...

AristoCat

It's not exclusive, maybe just the new Ford GT is timed exclusive for turn10 but that's it. Ford are in other games such as PCars or the crew.

desu

New video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BAg7KHwEfRQ&feature=youtu.be

Patch notes:

Details of Game Update 1.15:

» New Driver Levels: You can now reach Level 55 and each new level has a reward.
» New menu images to show off some of the best ‪#‎PS4share‬ pictures created by DRIVECLUB players.
» A new option to toggle the entire On-Screen Display on and off while you race, without pausing.
» Statistics have been added for all cars from Expansion Packs and free downloads.
» Includes general improvements for game performance, stability and usability.

Update 1.15 Add-ons will be available for download from PlayStation®Store on May 26 (Europe, America, Japan) & May 27 (Asia):

» Adds support for the DS Survolt, coming to PlayStation®Store as a free download.
» Adds support for the Lamborghini Icons Expansion Pack (coming to PlayStation®Store May 26-27).
» The Lamborghini Icons Car Pack includes: Lamborghini Sesto Elemento, Lamborghini Reventón, Lamborghini Murciélago LP 670-4 Super Veloce and Lamborghini Diablo Super Veloce.
» The Lamborghini Icons Tour Pack includes 11 new Events and 5 new Trophies.
» Earn every star in the Lamborghini Icons Tour to earn a bonus Livery.
» Adds support for the Torque Tour Pack which includes 11 new Events and 5 new Trophies.
» Earn every star in the Torque Tour to earn a bonus Livery.
» Adds support for 2 new livery packs and each Livery Pack contains 5 new livery patterns to customise your cars with.

Important developments to be aware of (coming after 1.15):

» More server upgrades: Enhancing connectivity for all players and making the required changes to enable the release of the PS+ Edition and DRIVECLUB companion app.
» Private lobbies: Development of Private Lobbies for Multiplayer is ongoing alongside development of server improvements.
» New Driver levels: More will be added each month with new rewards for every level.
» Big improvements to challenges: To make them easier to use and to improve server performance further.
» New Accolades: For Japan & new manufacturers.
» More Cars & Tours: The Season Pass runs to July and we have more popular cars and manufacturers coming to DRIVECLUB!
» More Game Updates: With improvements based on your feedback! Please keep sharing your thoughts with us to help the game continue to evolve around you.

Nice! I guessed right with the Reventon. :D

» A new option to toggle the entire On-Screen Display on and off while you race, without pausing.

Very useful indeed.

And great job to whoever makes those trailers. They're awesome.

mreddie

No Countach but I'll take the Diablo and Sesto. I'm nervous about the GTR and LFA, we're reaching the last two months of the pass.

AMG

Neo Member
Very nice video and great sounds!! Their replay creator is making awesome videos! I'm now pumped to get these new Lamborghinis!!👏🏽

That's the one!

There might even be new criteria for levelling in a later update, so that its no longer all about fame either ;)

That sounds great. The fame is fun but for the most part levels boil down to how much you play the game. Would be cool if there was some twists to the formula in future.

Thanks again Rushy, you guys are doing great work

LordofPwn

Cars I'm still waiting for:

Rezvani Beast
Nissan GTR
Lexus LFA
Toyota GT-86/Subaru BRZ/Scion FRS
BMW 1M
BMW i8
BMW M1
Honda NSX
Ford GT40
Ford Mustang

Auctopus

Yeesh, another Lambo pack :/

Still appreciate the constant updates but more Lambos so soon is a bit disappointing. I love the OSD toggle and new levels.

dr guildo

New video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BAg7KHwEfRQ&feature=youtu.be

Patch notes:

Details of Game Update 1.15:
Update 1.15 Add-ons will be available for download from PlayStation®Store on May 26 (Europe, America, Japan) & May 27 (Asia):

» Adds support for the DS Survolt, coming to PlayStation®Store as a free download.

Yes ! The DS Survolt I was asking for to Rushy few months ago !
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=156117361&postcount=12593

Glad to see a dev team who is so listening to the community requests. Kudos to Evo for that !

tumblr_lnhemsyVxg1qbxh07.gif~c200

T_Exige

Great cars! The Diablo and Murcielago SV are amazing!

My list is getting smaller each time :)
Bugatti Veyron, Pagani Zonda Cinque, Nissan GTR, Lexus LFA, Ford GT and Lotus Elise S Cup are the only ones left :)

Keep up the good work Evo!

witness

Good pack but man, it's time for some Japanese cars and more American cars. Only two months left of the season pass had me worried.

What class will the Diablo be?

Also a few questions I hope someone can answer:
- Why can't I always pick my hard earned Ferrari 599XX in Online Hyper Races?
- Is it true that online races are sometimes limited in terms of using DLC cars or not? I'm buying the season pass so I can use the DLC cars online.

Anyone else think the private lobbies will arrive at the same time as the PS+ version? It'll give us a refuge from all the noobs who don't know the tracks / braking points / cars...

farmerboy

Anyone else think the private lobbies will arrive at the same time as the PS+ version? It'll give us a refuge from all the noobs who don't know the tracks / braking points / cars...

Hopefully. Though my braking points aren't all that consistent either ;-)

The changes to challenges are what I'm interested in.

Ame

Ok, another great car pack, but June's update really needs to be all Japanese. We have a Japan location, but no Japanese cars. That's all the car roster in this game is missing.

Shaneus

Little bit (not massively) disappointed with the new Lambos in the game, but this
A new option to toggle the entire On-Screen Display on and off while you race, without pausing.
is exactly what I've been wanting. Thank you, Evo!

But please, PLEASE... more hot hatches and lower-tier cars!

This game!

Question: How do they maintain the quick loading? By comparison, it felt like ages in Motorstorm. I would love to see a loading comparison.

Have they ever talked about the loading? What do you guys think? How fast/smart is the loading compared to other racing games?

I personally believe they've done a fantastic job having the car model, the location, the crowd and the weather loaded for the game while you're selecting the event. The actual track loads pretty fast too.

P.S. Love the Double Rainbow in Scotland R8 Series!

xrnzaaas

Yeah, at least 1-2 hot hatches would be great, but I like the idea of completing the Lambo roster as well. Now it's only missing a Countach. :)

This game!

Question: How do they maintain the quick loading? By comparison, it felt like ages in Motorstorm. I would love to see a loading comparison.

Have they ever talked about the loading? What do you guys think? How fast/smart is the loading compared to other racing games?

I personally believe they've done a fantastic job having the car model, the location, the crowd and the weather loaded for the game while you're selecting the event. The actual track loads pretty fast too.

Not sure but it's certainly great!

Had a good few races last night with a couple of guys not from here, good clean racing to the end the three of us always managed to shoot off from the destruction behind. Was refreshing to be allowed to make a move down the final straight on the last lap, coming out the slipstream and not just get put in to the wall.

This game!

The answer is obvious a
Alien ritual ! No way this is possible for normal humans.

What class will the Diablo be?

Also a few questions I hope someone can answer:
- Why can't I always pick my hard earned Ferrari 599XX in Online Hyper Races?
- Is it true that online races are sometimes limited in terms of using DLC cars or not? I'm buying the season pass so I can use the DLC cars online.
Someone.. Please?

People who moan about bashers should go play pCARS. At least in DC there's a barrier 2 foot from where you got bashed.

You get bashed in pCARS and you're half a mile off course.

It is still annoying but only after playing pCARS do I now realise that actually it ain't all so bad. Maybe it is the calibre of racers but if I'm bashed off track in lap 1 in pCARS I can pretty much kiss the race goodbye, but in DC I feel that I can still get a decent position come race-end.

As for loading, on launch they talked a lot about getting the size of the game down. Maybe they compressed everything a lot so there's less to push into memory, which cuts loading time. Not really sure what contributes to loading times.

For sure though you can see if you pay attention during the overhead pans before the grid you can see loads of shadows and objects popping in, so I guess it loads the bare minimums first then adds the extra stuff when you're not looking at it.

Someone.. Please?
No idea on the class.

The online playlists have a mixture of cars, and these vary day-to-day. So even though it is a 'Hyper' event, not all Hyper cars may be available. Personally I'd rather it was open to all cars, or limited to one car. That said, it can sometimes get you playing in cars you wouldn't otherwise use.

They've had some LaFerrari-only and similar events. Though, in some of those I'm pretty sure there was also a non-DLC car to select for if you didn't have the DLC car.

Top Bottom