• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT2| You Can't Rush Evolution

farmerboy

Yeah that'd be fantastic, I like really the random event generator idea :) They did mention planned revisions to the challenges in the next update so you never know!

I have been thinking of running another rally actually but this time relaxing the rules that made it so awkward to run - so 7 challenges that run for a week, make as many attempts as you like and the lowest overall time at the end of the week is the winner. Prolly poor timing with the witcher landing today but anyone up for this?

Yes, if we got a week to do them then it should be pretty easy to get a score in. Count me in.

Ok I've sent the 7 challenges out so if you want to take part and haven't received them then let me know - they're invite only so we don't get mobbed if they go into the community challenges.

I've not gone for anything too extreme car or weather wise so hopefully you'll find the events fun. I'll check on the scores each night and post an updated scoreboard all going well :) The idea is to get better at the tracks so take as many goes as you like and see how much you can improve :)

The events are...
Kobago - Hurucan
Goshodaira - A1
Nakasendo - A45
Lake Shoji - Veneno
Takanagi Hills - Viper GTS
AHR - F40
Nakasendo Reverse - BAC Mono

As you can see you will need some of the DLC to take part.

Gacha-pin

you would have to lose a shit ton of XP for it to affect your level when you are in the 50s

How about using a different scale for point to 50s players like to do something positive +1 and to do something negative -100.

You lose XP at any level for hitting stuff, corner penalties etc - it's never enough to make you lose XP at the end of the race tho, you just gain less. The XP required for level 55 appears to be around 20 million (50 was 15 mil IIRC) but many of us are way past that now so it's going to be a while before ranks actually mean anything if they're purely XP based - the next update lot will probably be based on something else.

I knew you could lose points as penalties but I thought your points never go down below 0 in a race.

Shaneus

So my newly installed HDD in my PS4 is cactus (I suspected as much, it's not new), so I'm now rolling with a 240GB SSD in my PS4. Holy shit at the load times for DC.
y1rsuza.gif

On several different races, the flyover lasted less than a second before the "start race" prompt appeared. I'm in heaven right now.

farmerboy

Ok I've sent the 7 challenges out so if you want to take part and haven't received them then let me know - they're invite only so we don't get mobbed if they go into the community challenges.

I've not gone for anything too extreme car or weather wise so hopefully you'll find the events fun. I'll check on the scores each night and post an updated scoreboard all going well :) The idea is to get better at the tracks so take as many goes as you like and see how much you can improve :)

The events are...
Kobago - Hurucan
Goshodaira - A1
Nakasendo - A45
Lake Shoji - Veneno
AHR - F40

Should be fun, that's a good selection, and without kie around hopefully a good duel between yourself and some of the other quicker blokes. I'll be ecstatic if I manage a top 3 in any of them.

Shaneus

The events are...
Kobago - Hurucan
Goshodaira - A1
Nakasendo - A45
Lake Shoji - Veneno
AHR - F40

Any chance I could get an invite? There's a chance I will actually have a shot at playing my PS4 over the next week or so.

Shaneus

I think I saw you on the leaderboards of those challenges. Your psn is the same with gaf?
Yup. But that might've just appeared as a coincedence and not actually as a part of those challenges. I know sometimes it combines all the high scores (or shows all your friends or something).

Yup. But that might've just appeared as a coincedence and not actually as a part of those challenges. I know sometimes it combines all the high scores (or shows all your friends or something).

Hmm your down as having received the challenges bud so I can't resend them - have another look and see if they pop up.

How about using a different scale for point to 50s players like to do something positive +1 and to do something negative -100.

I knew you could lose points as penalties but I thought your points never go down below 0 in a race.

The only driving game I've seen where it was possible to drop ranks was Split/Second where you rose to a no.1 rank but a couple of bad results would drop you down - it kind of put you off racing online though once you'd reached no.1.

Shaneus

Hmm your down as having received the challenges bud so I can't resend them - have another look and see if they pop up.
Oh, you might be right then! I'm just used to seeing cool things posted and assuming I'm excluded from them. Harkens back to a difficult period in my life. Primary school, sports... you get the idea ;)

Yeah that'd be fantastic, I like really the random event generator idea :) They did mention planned revisions to the challenges in the next update so you never know!

I have been thinking of running another rally actually but this time relaxing the rules that made it so awkward to run - so 7 challenges that run for a week, make as many attempts as you like and the lowest overall time at the end of the week is the winner. Prolly poor timing with the witcher landing today but anyone up for this?

Any chance you could chuck me the challenges please, the relaxed time frame makes it easier for me I'm always on at some point in the week.

Oh, you might be right then! I'm just used to seeing cool things posted and assuming I'm excluded from them. Harkens back to a difficult period in my life. Primary school, sports... you get the idea ;)

Lol ok bud, I have heard of peeps not getting them before but (from memory)) I think you can still get to them through the friends challenges button (if I'm not making that up :).

Should be fun, that's a good selection, and without kie around hopefully a good duel between yourself and some of the other quicker blokes. I'll be ecstatic if I manage a top 3 in any of them.

I fully expect you to be up there bud, I was battling to beat your Aventador time around Kobago before I decided to do the rally again (hence the Hurucan time in here ;-). I've sent the challenges out to all the usual suspects (over 100 peeps) so we'll see who they tempt away from Project Cars / Bloodborne / The Witcher etc for a few hours.

Any chance you could chuck me the challenges please, the relaxed time frame makes it easier for me I'm always on at some point in the week.

Your on my friends list too bud so you should have them :) Yeah I thought the only way to run it these days was give peeps plenty of time to take part.

Here's my run on the 7th event :)

http://youtu.be/bfPcD5-W5RE

Shaneus

On a side note, I had a quick go of the Ferrari challenge in Turbocharged last night. Fucking hell, the F40 is such a fun car to throw around. I'm normally really happy with the F1 in most games, but I think I have a new favourite in DC. Until we get the Yellowbird, that is:
UZWqfJ7l.jpg

On a side note, I had a quick go of the Ferrari challenge in Turbocharged last night. Fucking hell, the F40 is such a fun car to throw around. I'm normally really happy with the F1 in most games, but I think I have a new favourite in DC. Until we get the Yellowbird, that is:
UZWqfJ7l.jpg

I don't think we're ever getting a yellowbird sadly but I'm with you on the F40 :)

valkyre

That was thrilling to watch. Thanks for uploading. Do you think there's room for improvement?

Thanks, yes there is room for improvement, in fact in the last corner I made a mistake. But it is very very very hard and it demands a lot of time to make small improvements. This lap was very very good, as far as my skill goes at least, because I did very well on all sectors.

Other times I might have made better sector times than what i have done in this lap, but I always effed up somewhere and lost time.

I am sure if I continue to press I can improve it. But it was exhausting to get there so I called it a day. Besides it was all because of a challenge which I eventually won, so. :)

Duallusion

Lol ok bud, I have heard of peeps not getting them before but (from memory)) I think you can still get to them through the friends challenges button (if I'm not making that up :).

I'm having a slightly different issue. After posting one time on one event (I was behind you, of course) I can't find that challenge anymore. It's neither in "received", "ongoing" nor in "friend's challenges", while the other six are still available. Weird.

NeoRausch

Strangely, the Turbocharged DLC doesn't appear for me. I only see Turbocharged Livery in the store.

How do I fix this?

There should be a selection of two "turbocharged"-downloads. At least it was like this on the release of the DLC. Sony fucked up the upload.
Try the other download. I just added the second download on top of the first one and it worked.

LordofPwn

So my newly installed HDD in my PS4 is cactus (I suspected as much, it's not new), so I'm now rolling with a 240GB SSD in my PS4. Holy shit at the load times for DC.
y1rsuza.gif

On several different races, the flyover lasted less than a second before the "start race" prompt appeared. I'm in heaven right now.

Huh, my 2TB HDD seems to load driveclub in around 1 sec at most 2. i dont think i would make that tradeoff for 240GB of space.

So when do the new DLC packs drop? i for some reason thought they were coming with that update on monday.

Huh, my 2TB HDD seems to load driveclub in around 1 sec at most 2. i dont think i would make that tradeoff for 240GB of space.

So when do the new DLC packs drop? i for some reason thought they were coming with that update on monday.

They always come out a week after the update IIRC

Shaneus

It's markedly quicker than my SSHD and stock HDD, I've even gotten to car selection screens where it hadn't loaded the liveries properly (I assume something linked to online handshaking or something). Next time I fire it up, I'll time how long it takes to get into a custom TT game... honestly couldn't believe the speed.

Also helps I really only play DC on my PS4, so space isn't an issue (yet).

Ha! Just encountered these two idiots.

What in the name of God. Such deplorable racing. Ramming people at the first opportunity. Glitching round the track with a bad connection but somehow suddenly become a solid object again when they want to ram you.

I thought they were identical names at first and the game had glitched and was showing the wrong name for another driver but thought it was odd how both had different cars but the same club livery.

The thing is once the two of them had rammed everyone out of contention, they were not easy to catch, so it's not like they're terrible drivers that need to ram people in order to get a decent placement.

I've met them like 3 times since. I think all they do is play this game and nothing else. And they're still absolute shitheads. My friends and I make sure to do everything within our power to ruin their races when we met them.

And as you said, they're not even bad at the game, in fact they're really good, so there's no need whatsoever for the aggressive way they "race". I've seen them veer hard to the side right off the starting grid to ram someone. Unbelievable shit.

I sent a tirade of abuse to one of them via a message on PSN once and he replied back with an apology about lag in broken Italian/English. Fuckin' lag, I couldn't believe that was his lame excuse.

Gav

Am I supposed to get bass via subwoofer in a race?
Got a brand new AV reciever and speakers. The "Ready" at the start of the race shakes the room, but then there's nothing during the race.
I was maybe expecting some bass from supercar engines?

Reciever and 5.1 works fine on blurays, other games etc (although no bass in guacamelee, but I wonder if that doesn't have .1)

Ha! Just encountered these two idiots.

What in the name of God. Such deplorable racing. Ramming people at the first opportunity. Glitching round the track with a bad connection but somehow suddenly become a solid object again when they want to ram you.

I thought they were identical names at first and the game had glitched and was showing the wrong name for another driver but thought it was odd how both had different cars but the same club livery.

The thing is once the two of them had rammed everyone out of contention, they were not easy to catch, so it's not like they're terrible drivers that need to ram people in order to get a decent placement.

Met them a few times, and yeah they are fairly quick drivers, if you can get a lead on them though, they will just dump out the game.

Met them a few times, and yeah they are fairly quick drivers, if you can get a lead on them though, they will just dump out the game.

Wow rammers and quitters! They sound like great fun to race against....

Can you still see/access those two challenges?

You having trouble seeing the challenges after taking part bud? I've noticed a few guys inexplicably missing an event or two.

These are the standings as they stood at around 8pm last night - I meant to update them this morning but got a bit of a lie in instead.

image.jpg

There's only myself, XarsNexus and SariLacivert who've posted times in each event - if you've not done an event you get a 3min time for a circuit or 5min time for a P2P so the standings are pretty meaningless at this point.

Other notes :
DJW would most likely be leading if he'd posted a time on Nakasendo A45.
Duallusion hasn't posted a time in 3 events
Abandoned Trolley hasn't posted a time in 5 events.
MangoChutney & Glow had posted times but I haven't got them yet.

There's only myself, XarsNexus and SariLacivert who've posted times in each event - if you've not done an event you get a 3min time for a circuit or 5min time for a P2P so the standings are pretty meaningless at this point.

Other notes :
DJW would most likely be leading if he'd posted a time on Nakasendo A45.
Duallusion hasn't posted a time in 3 events
Abandoned Trolley hasn't posted a time in 5 events.
MangoChutney & Glow had posted times but I haven't got them yet.

Could only see 2 events last night, but had a load of challenges that I was working my way through, so hopefully will come across them soon.

Can you still see/access those two challenges?
Yes. I mostly meant that I posted two mediocre times.. lol. I could iron out the Mono time easy but the Hurracan feels too heavy for me and the uphill corners in Kobago always get me. I'll post times in the other challenges today barring a few with DLC (I only have the Lambo pack). Is that a big deal?

Cudder

Did they increase the requirements to max out accolades in the last update? I had 3/4 accolades maxed out to get my last trophy, all I needed was like 100 race events to complete, but I took a look yesterday and now I have NO accolades maxed, and the requirements to reach the next level have all increased astronomically..

Did they increase the requirements to max out accolades in the last update? I had 3/4 accolades maxed out to get my last trophy, all I needed was like 100 race events to complete, but I took a look yesterday and now I have NO accolades maxed, and the requirements to reach the next level have all increased astronomically..

Someone else mentioned this before about having dropped a load of ranking. Can't say that I've noticed it myself though, lvl 55

Duallusion

You having trouble seeing the challenges after taking part bud? I've noticed a few guys inexplicably missing an event or two.

Yep. Two days later and they're nowhere to be found (the ones I posted times in). Oh well, at least I'll have an extra bit of excuse to finish at the tail end of that spreadsheet. :)

Duallusion

I just checked and none of my maxed accolades regressed.

Yep. Two days later and they're nowhere to be found (the ones I posted times in). Oh well, at least I'll have an extra bit of excuse to finish at the tail end of that spreadsheet. :)

After 4 events you're in the lead dude! You only drop to the bottom due to not having completed the last 3 when I updated the table :) Never heard that with the disappearing challenges before tho.

Definitely going to be taking part in this rally. The Witcher has been taking up a lot of my time.

Good to see the reigning champion defend his crown :)

Some bad combos of tracks/cars for me in this rally.

I don't like Kobago, I don't like the F40 for the type of track you've selected, wah wah wah!

What!! Kobago is bloody brill, one of my fav tracks like Yedapalli & Salare de Surire :)

I'm sure you'll be up there anyway bud
whinging git! ;-)

Good to see the reigning champion defend his crown :)

What!! Kobago is bloody brill, one of my fav tracks like Yedapalli & Salare de Surire :)

I'm sure you'll be up there anyway bud
whinging git! ;-)
I normally enjoy twisty tracks with short runs to corners, but for some reason Koago doesn't click with me, I think it is the chambers.

I normally enjoy twisty tracks with short runs to corners, but for some reason Koago doesn't click with me, I think it is the chambers.

I've just filled in the scoresheet as they stand now and it's nip & tuck between us for second place with you leading by half a second at the end. DJW is 35 seconds ahead of us tho :-(

Auctopus

Is this rally one shot for each track? Cause I just loaded up the game for the first time in 3 weeks and had a shot at Kobago and blew it, haha.

Here's the standings after 2 days

image.jpg

Still quite a few guys not completed every stage so the table will probably shuffle around a lot yet. Duallusion was holding 5th place but the lack of a run on Nakasendo Reverse dropped him to 9th

lordxar

Damn I forgot how fast you guys are. Knocked a few seconds off my total time so far but have a feeling I'm going to be well behind when this is said and done.

Shaneus

Am I supposed to get bass via subwoofer in a race?
Got a brand new AV reciever and speakers. The "Ready" at the start of the race shakes the room, but then there's nothing during the race.
I was maybe expecting some bass from supercar engines?

Reciever and 5.1 works fine on blurays, other games etc (although no bass in guacamelee, but I wonder if that doesn't have .1)
That might be your setting on your theatre. If you have your front speakers set to "large" it assumes they can do super low frequencies. If you set them to small, low frequencies that would normally get passed to your front speakers get redirected to your subwoofer. I had almost exactly the same problem, but it was with bass in Spotify music that wouldn't go to the sub.

Hope that makes sense!

Damn I forgot how fast you guys are. Knocked a few seconds off my total time so far but have a feeling I'm going to be well behind when this is said and done.

Just keep plugging away at it bud, I know doing time trials has improved my speed no end.

Here's DJW's current quickest time on the last event

http://youtu.be/xuj6x_WPZ1g

Makes it look very composed and it surprises me how slow he is going into the hairpins, but tellingly that seems to be where he makes a lot of ground on me - I think I must fly in too hot and waste time getting the car turned before getting on the gas again. Gonna have to spend some time practising that, and I bet it'll pay off on Kobago too...

lordxar

Just keep plugging away at it bud, I know doing time trials has improved my speed no end.

Makes it look very composed and it surprises me how slow he is going into the hairpins, but tellingly that seems to be where he makes a lot of ground on me - I think I must fly in too hot and waste time getting the car turned before getting on the gas again. Gonna have to spend some time practising that, and I bet it'll pay off on Kobago too...

His time on the Mono challenge is fucking insane fast. I can at least see his ghost for like 20 seconds...then not even dust settling. I have a hell of a time on those switchbacks. Need to spend quality time on single event and try to progress then come back.

Very interesting, yeah the guy is a machine around some courses, good to be able to see his laps. Out of interest, I assume he is using a wheel and pedals, or is he on controller?

Top Bottom