• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT2| You Can't Rush Evolution

image.jpg

Lots and lots of improvements by people across the board today (apart from me!) and a strong new entry in SaberWolf in 3rd. Less than a second separates the top two who are probably going to trade times till the end.

Looks like it's going to be quite a battle between 3rd to 8th spots too as there's not much in it at all.

Only 3 guys on the table haven't completed all the events yet so the table is more a true view of how things stand.

The Viper challenge blows. I was thinking how much the car feels like riding a pig last time I ran it. Glad I'm not the only one who associates pigs to cars.
Yeah it's a horrible car for me. Those few corners before the long run to the last 2 corners always screw me over, the car floats all over the place and I always end up sliding the wrong way.

I keep up - indeed often I'm ahead of - TRP's ghost for the first sector, not too far off for the second and then woosh away they go for the final one after I've navigated said corners!

Managed to improve my time drastically on Lake Shoji, though I didn't really do much different!

1:05.714.

Anyway it isn't updating so here is proof. http://a.pomf.se/pkpldv.png

Rights I've put that time in the table - same thing happened to me but I'm hoping to improve again.

Shiiiet, the times some of you guys can post are ridiculous. I'll just consider myself happy for staying less than 10 seconds behind you, in the top 10. I'm done, haha!

BTW, thanks for this whole thing, DHC-Shannow. o/

Holy shit, I'm done guys. GG. Gladly take top 10 though. :p

It was very fun. Thanks for organising DHC-Shannow.

No probs, thanks for taking part :)

Down to 1007.038 overall. Down a further 7sec, if I do that again I'd break the 1000sec mark. Don't think its gonna happen. :(

You can do it! A sub 1000 time would've put you second on day one, impressed to see how much everyone has managed to improve their times. I know following DJW's ghost helped me no end on Nakasendo.

Yeah it's a horrible car for me. Those few corners before the long run to the last 2 corners always screw me over, the car floats all over the place and I always end up sliding the wrong way.

I keep up - indeed often I'm ahead of - TRP's ghost for the first sector, not too far off for the second and then woosh away they go for the final one after I've navigated said corners!

Yeah same here, that rollercoaster of downhill bends is where it all falls apart for me too but it's prolly just my weakness on that track.

how many events?

7 Events, should take about 17-20 mins to do them all once.

I think a bug must've been introduced in the latest patch - when I look down my friends list I usually see people attempting these challenges but I've not seen that at all on this rally, but I've seen lots of people customising the cars that are used in these events. Seems to report fine for online multiplayer and tour mode but not for challenges at the mo - same for everyone else?

I've seen a lot of people complain about the Murcielago sv's sound not being accurate and also that the air intake doesn't open. I'll have to wait and drive the car myself with my surround sound headset.

Auctopus

Okay, had at least one crack at each of the challenges. Might try and improve them over the next two days but I doubt it, I guess my heart's not really in the game anymore.

I would agree with a few of the posts that some the cars don't really match the tracks, most notably the Aventador/Kobago challenge.

Huggers

What's the deal with the online? I haven't been able to get into a single game, just get an error message. Is it always this broken?

Don't know if any of them are reading this, but apologies to my old club mates. I left the club only because I didn't care for the team livery and it started to frustrate me that I couldn't change it for my my own use. Starting another club from scratch kinda sucks. :p Just letting you know it was nothing personal.

Driveclub sold 200.000 units in Germany. Thanks Oscar !

Did someone kept track of the NPD numbers ? I think it was not even 90K the first month.
Don't think it ever charted on NPD. Don't remember ever seeing it.

krioto

Don't know if any of them are reading this, but apologies to my old club mates. I left the club only because I didn't care for the team livery and it started to frustrate me that I couldn't change it for my my own use. Starting another club from scratch kinda sucks. :p Just letting you know it was nothing personal.

Don't think it ever charted on NPD. Don't remember ever seeing it.
Ah no good. I've messaged our club owner to give me the club as he does not seem to play anymore ( I'm on holiday at the moment so can't check if he has done so yet) but if he does, rejoin and I can give club ownership to you. I'll let you know.

Seems a shame to leave after contributing lots to our club level

image.jpg

Things are settling down a bit now, Auctopus is the big mover jumping up to 7th, MangoChutney has reclaimed 3rd from SaberWolf, Farmerboy has passed SariLacivert for 10th and TrapperKreeper has entered at 12. Lot's of other improvements in times across the board too which is great to see :) Keep it up guys, 1 day & 14 hours left to climb that leaderboard!

Here's TRP_BUTTON's run around lake shoji, makes it look damn easy.

http://youtu.be/N0BHTl-4nug

sneaky77

Things are settling down a bit now, Auctopus is the big mover jumping up to 7th, MangoChutney has reclaimed 3rd from SaberWolf, Farmerboy has passed SariLacivert for 10th and TrapperKreeper has entered at 12. Lot's of other improvements in times across the board too which is great to see :) Keep it up guys, 1 day & 14 hours left to climb that leaderboard!

Here's TRP_BUTTON's run around lake shoji, makes it look damn easy.

http://youtu.be/N0BHTl-4nug

That guy is ridiculously fast

OK , guys, just like last month, for the EU players ( like me ) , the DLC of this month is available.

The lamborghini sesto elemento is superb. So stable , and quite fast .i love it !

elfinke

Played about half an hour so far. Why did this game get so much stick? Having a great time. It's pitched at the right level for me between arcade and sim. I'm very average at driving games so it's ideal. The graphics are great. That bit when you emerge fron the tunnel in Japan back into the rain and bright sun is just stunning. So far so good for me. And for £15!

I'm in the same boat, though I largely ignored the feedback in the beginning anyway.

I recently picked this up, $18 is just the right price point (and makes the need for a Plus edition somewhat redundant, but that's a beaten horse). It looks fucking stunning at 1080p 120", and I agree, it has the right balance in its controls. At least in these earlyish stages, you can just point and shoot, a tiny bit of counter-steering will keep you in the right direction and at pace. It's thrilling.

Load times are swift, it's not too obnoxious with in-race or out-of-race shenanigans: as far as I'm concerned I can just select an event, a car and I'm away.

PDogg

Neo Member
airjoca said:
Lamborghini Murcielago is locked out for me, all the others work fine. Another blunder from the EU store?
I have the same problem. It works in the Murcielago tour event but I couldn't select it in the Garage.

Just placed 2nd in the world for the new Diablo drift event although it's still early days :)

This free Citreon concept car literally sounds like a mix between a vacuum cleaner and an RC car. I actually burst out laughing when I first heard the engine.

Completed the Lamborghini Icons tour this morning. Pretty much awesome cars every one of them. My favourite definitely being the Reventón.

When the fuck are they gonna fix that blinding light bullshit when exiting a tunnel at certain times of the day? The first race of the final event for the Lamborghini Icons tour is ridiculous for it. About 3 times it happens. For a game striving for realism I can't understand why they included such a stupid bloom effect.

When the fuck are they gonna fix that blinding light bullshit when exiting a tunnel at certain times of the day? The first race of the final event for the Lamborghini Icons tour is ridiculous for it. About 3 times it happens. For a game striving for realism I can't understand why they included such a stupid bloom effect.

I was playing the game earlier and thought they had changed it as every tunnel I went through had the exposure adjustment inside the tunnel not on the exit and was a much cleaner transition that never affected visibility.

The sound of the citroen car is really weird. If that's the real sound then i don't want to drive this car IRL.

As for the light when exiting tunnels , i'm all in for keeping that effect IN.

The sound of the citroen car is really weird. If that's the real sound then i don't want to drive this car IRL.

As for the light when exiting tunnels , i'm all in for keeping that effect IN.

WHY!?!?

I was playing the game earlier and thought they had changed it as every tunnel I went through had the exposure adjustment inside the tunnel not on the exit and was a much cleaner transition that never affected visibility.

It only happens during certain times of the day. It doesn't happen at dusk or dawn for example.

WHY!?!?

It only happens during certain times of the day. It doesn't happen at dusk or dawn for example.
That's because when you're in a tunnel there's a huge difference in light to the outside.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8rS07ynQ0Q#t=1m5s

Now, your eyes adjust quicker than this, and also in life you'll squint. You can't really squint at a game. But chase cam etc is exactly that really, a camera so the effect in my opinion should match the video. And indeed, the effect in cockpit view is less pronounced.

is the new dlc available in the uk or do we have to wait until tomorrow?

it appears on the store but wont download.
Worked fine for me, but yeah I thought us third-rate chaps normally had to wait until Wednesdays?

I 'downloaded' via the store in the game, if that matters any.

The Sesto is super-fun.

I know but I haven't seen it in the way it use to be implemented when playing it recently. Atlanterhavsveien at mid day always use to blind you on exiting the tunnel (though the breaking point for the left was easy anyway) now the exposure adjustment happens about three quarters of the way through the tunnel.

Vanguard

is the new dlc available in the uk or do we have to wait until tomorrow?

it appears on the store but wont download.

It won't download because there's nothing to download, it was all in the patch I think? I don't know what store you are on about though, I did it via the web store and all I did was "check out" as once my PS4 was on it said it was installed, nothing was downloaded.

Top Bottom