• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT2| You Can't Rush Evolution

Very interesting, yeah the guy is a machine around some courses, good to be able to see his laps. Out of interest, I assume he is using a wheel and pedals, or is he on controller?

He's on a pad actually, not sure if he's on manual gears or maybe doing a bit of manual shifting on auto to keep wheel spin to a minimum.

He was also close to disaster at points
image.jpg
but only got caught out right at the very end.

Duallusion

Still quite a few guys not completed every stage so the table will probably shuffle around a lot yet. Duallusion was holding 5th place but the lack of a run on Nakasendo Reverse dropped him to 9th

Yeah, did a couple of runs on that one too right now (gee-zus, is DJW fast) and I was happy to report one of your challenges came back - the Kobago one - until it vanished again. I'm suspecting it's the number of ongoing challenges that's causing some of them to disappear (29 right now, in my case) so I'll have to lay off the community challenges for a couple of days to have any hope of being able to shave off a second or two in your rally (if that - I get frustrated quickly at time trials). Seeing who's competing I'll be lucky to finish 7th or so. :)

Yeah, did a couple of runs on that one too right now (gee-zus, is DJW fast) and I was happy to report one of your challenges came back - the Kobago one - until it vanished again. I'm suspecting it's the number of ongoing challenges that's causing some of them to disappear (29 right now, in my case) so I'll have to lay off the community challenges for a couple of days to have any hope of being able to shave off a second or two in your rally (if that - I get frustrated quickly at time trials). Seeing who's competing I'll be lucky to finish 7th or so. :)

Yeah I think there is a limit on challenges tbh, I had 50 solo challenges waiting, had to play through about 30 before I could find the rally challenges. Also deleted the guy from my friends list! The annoying thing is that even though there were 50 challenges you can't view them all.

An idea for Rushy, due to the fact you can't see them all can we please have a delete/ignore challenge option, rather than having to take part in it just to get it off your list of new ones to see others.

Gav

That might be your setting on your theatre. If you have your front speakers set to "large" it assumes they can do super low frequencies. If you set them to small, low frequencies that would normally get passed to your front speakers get redirected to your subwoofer. I had almost exactly the same problem, but it was with bass in Spotify music that wouldn't go to the sub.

Hope that makes sense!

It does, i'll have a look, cheers!

Just find it strange that in something like Resogun, the lower end and bass is there, but as soon as i start a race in DC (after the 'READY'), the subwoofer stops outputting anything.

DrKelpo

Banned
Damn... I drove several races with the wombat, won some of them and did not once notice I had it nor that opponents used it... Shit :D

I really hope when they revise the challenges they open them up a bit more, so you can specify a range of allowable car or an entire class. It'd be great to be able to let peeps pick one car at the start of the rally and use it on every event.

UV-6

Here's the standings after 2 days

image.jpg

Still quite a few guys not completed every stage so the table will probably shuffle around a lot yet. Duallusion was holding 5th place but the lack of a run on Nakasendo Reverse dropped him to 9th

Oh sweet, I'm 5th place (for now :D). Some of you guys are crazy good. Wow

sneaky77

Here's the standings after 2 days

oh wow.. finally found a way to make it over multiple times? THat's awesome

DD

How does this challenge work? I'd like to take part, but I wouldn't be able to run the ones with paid DLC cars, since I don't have 'em.

How does this challenge work? I'd like to take part, but I wouldn't be able to run the ones with paid DLC cars, since I don't have 'em.

Send me a friend request and I'll forward you the challenges- you can take part in all the standard car challenges at least (and consider the season pass, it's bloody brill ;-)

jbrookes posting an identical time on the A45 challenge.

At least it classifies me ahead :p

I noticed that too, thought I'd typed the wrong result in the spreadsheet!

Oh sweet, I'm 5th place (for now :D). Some of you guys are crazy good. Wow

It's a very close fight between you, jbrookes and Duallusion- Takanagi Hills is letting you down bud ;-)

DD

Send me a friend request and I'll forward you the challenges- you can take part in all the standard car challenges at least (and consider the season pass, it's bloody brill ;-)

I noticed that too, thought I'd typed the wrong result in the spreadsheet!
Yeah, that's what I wanted to know, if it was cool to take part in just some of these events. One day I'll grab the season pass, but not for now. :p

Neat! Same name as here on gaf?

Yeah, that's what I wanted to know, if it was cool to take part in just some of these events. One day I'll grab the season pass, but not for now. :p

Neat! Same name as here on gaf?

Yep same as on here :)

Gained a time advantage. Though still needing binoculars to see DJW_GT's ghost.

Edit: took nearly another 4 seconds off, that'll do!

Dammit! I'd improved on a couple of tracks so was leading you by about a second before this!

sneaky77

I haven't been on DC in a while but how does this challenge work, how much time you get to try the event? I may like to partake

etta

my hard graphic balls
Just bought DriveClub off PSN, is the game supposed to be only 13GB's? It is downloading a 2.7GB file and another 10.2GB "update file".
Also, the weather and that Japanese track are included in the game patches, right? As a new player and having played only Forza Horizon 2, is there something I should be doing first? Or just start career mode?

Just bought DriveClub off PSN, is the game supposed to be only 13GB's? It is downloading a 2.7GB file and another 10.2GB "update file".
Also, the weather and that Japanese track are included in the game patches, right? As a new player and having played only Forza Horizon 2, is there something I should be doing first? Or just start career mode?

The game is 19 GB iirc. The 2.7 file is the "playgo" portion that has to download before you can begin playing. The rest will download in the background but won't show in your downloads list, you can check the status by hitting options on the game tile and going to game information.

The 10 gb update file is probably all the cumulative patches

etta

my hard graphic balls
The game is 19 GB iirc. The 2.7 file is the "playgo" portion that has to download before you can begin playing. The rest will download in the background but won't show in your downloads list, you can check the status by hitting options on the game tile and going to game information.

The 10 gb update file is probably all the cumulative patches

Oh thanks, I am new to the PS4, just got it two days ago.

image.jpg

DJ hasn't improved any of his time which has allowed Mango and I to close the gap a little. Before playing tonight I updated the table and I'd dropped to 5th - I managed to make some good time up on Nakasendo and Lake Shoji to cling onto 3rd.

Sirenty has entered with a bang and is within a second of my time while TRP_BUTTON will be challenging DJW for the win once he completes all the challenges.

I've run out of space on the spreadsheet! I'm gonna have to start overwriting the guys who've only done 1 or 2 events with the guys who are looking to complete the event.

Yup weather and JP are included in the patches. As a new player you have two options to kick things off with: The original tour or the Startline tour (there should be two additional tour packs as well), the original tour is no weather and only the initial game cars, the startline tour has weather and a mix of DLC cars that you can use without having to pay. My advice is do whatever you like, you level up regardless of the mode you are in so you will quickly unlock cars but I would advise that you join any open club that has a level over 10 just to give you access to some more cars right out of the gate, to be honest unless you have a close knit group of friends the clubs are pretty much pointless.

Nizz

Man I would like to grab this game but I really don't play racers much so I will most likely pick it up when cheaper. I've seen people mention it was $20 at Gamestop but they have no physical copies within 100 miles of me. :/

I think even $40 would be a sweet spot but I haven't seen it for cheaper than $50.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Yup weather and JP are included in the patches. As a new player you have two options to kick things off with: The original tour or the Startline tour (there should be two additional tour packs as well), the original tour is no weather and only the initial game cars, the startline tour has weather and a mix of DLC cars that you can use without having to pay. My advice is do whatever you like, you level up regardless of the mode you are in so you will quickly unlock cars but I would advise that you join any open club that has a level over 10 just to give you access to some more cars right out of the gate, to be honest unless you have a close knit group of friends the clubs are pretty much pointless.

Can I join GAF's club? I did not see it in the OP.

Also, I bought the PS+ version that said it was the full game but with 10$ off for subscribers, as far as I know that works just as good as the 59.99$ version, right?

Can I join GAF's club? I did not see it in the OP.

Also, I bought the PS+ version that said it was the full game but with 10$ off for subscribers, as far as I know that works just as good as the 59.99$ version, right?
Yes, it's the same.

I just finished the rally challenges except for two DLC cars. I think I'm either last or next to last in every one of them. At least I tried..

Shaneus

I've run out of space on the spreadsheet! I'm gonna have to start overwriting the guys who've only done 1 or 2 events with the guys who are looking to complete the event.
I'm so sorry, I literally have not had a single chance to enter into any of the events :( Hoping to give it a shot before the time is up, but I might not. Best of luck to all those who enter!

desu

Just got this as it was only 15 quid. Anything I should know going in? Currently downloading a massive patch

Get the season pass! No but seriously just enjoy the game.

I guess whats important to know is that the main tour does not contain any tracks for Japan and no weather effects like rain. If you want to see the game in all its glory you should check out the Startline tour, it has races from all DLC tours including DLC cars with all the bells and whistles.

Huggers

Get the season pass! No but seriously just enjoy the game.

I guess whats important to know is that the main tour does not contain any tracks for Japan and no weather effects like rain. If you want to see the game in all its glory you should check out the Startline tour, it has races from all DLC tours including DLC cars with all the bells and whistles.

Okay thanks good to know. I basically bought it for the cool weather so I'll try the Start line Tour first I think!

It's incredibly frustrating to see that people are almost literally still crying over a Plus version. It's even on that new Lambo Sesto video that was posted recently. I just wish Evo would release it already so every one can grow the fuck about it. Give those buggers one car and one track and let them have at it.

farmerboy

Re this latest rally. Some of the weather/car/track combos are the worst you could of picked for me Mr DHC Shannow, they're bloody bollocks. ;-)

I could literally saddle up one of my pet pigs and get around these tracks quicker. Just think about that for a moment.

desu

It's incredibly frustrating to see that people are almost literally still crying over a Plus version. It's even on that new Lambo Sesto video that was posted recently. I just wish Evo would release it already so every one can grow the fuck about it. Give those buggers one car and one track and let them have at it.

It's really pointless to get worked up over it, just ignore it (I know it's super annoying). Either way from all the recent signs and the big leak we know that they are super close to releasing the PSN+ version (I am still betting on E3).

Re this latest rally. Some of the weather/car/track combos are the worst you could of picked for me Mr DHC Shannow, they're bloody bollocks. ;-)

I could literally saddle up one of my pet pigs and get around these tracks quicker. Just think about that for a moment.

LOL Well the tracks are kinda fixed cos it's the Japanese rally, there's only 2 events where it's not dry.... I tried to go for cars that I hadn't used much to give them a try so send us a vid if you riding a pig and we`ll vote whether it's quicker or not ;~)

Huggers

Played about half an hour so far. Why did this game get so much stick? Having a great time. It's pitched at the right level for me between arcade and sim. I'm very average at driving games so it's ideal. The graphics are great. That bit when you emerge fron the tunnel in Japan back into the rain and bright sun is just stunning. So far so good for me. And for £15!

farmerboy

LOL Well the tracks are kinda fixed cos it's the Japanese rally, there's only 2 events where it's not dry.... I tried to go for cars that I hadn't used much to give them a try so send us a vid if you riding a pig and we`ll vote whether it's quicker or not ;~)

Well that makes sense, cos I've never really been comfortable with the Japanese tracks except Kobago.

http://youtu.be/vdO8kX6GNcw

Its not me, I swear on me mum it isn't.

Played about half an hour so far. Why did this game get so much stick? Having a great time. It's pitched at the right level for me between arcade and sim. I'm very average at driving games so it's ideal. The graphics are great. That bit when you emerge fron the tunnel in Japan back into the rain and bright sun is just stunning. So far so good for me. And for £15!
I'm not the best either but I'm having a blast. I do occasionally end up first every now and then to satisfy my needs (lol) but most times I'm hovering around the 2-4 spots in online races. I've been playing non stop for a few months now and that's rare considering my low attention span.

No idea how people are doing those Veneno times. I feel like I can't gain anything at all.

Also suck at the Viper challenge, I know I can improve but it's a long lap.

Still, managed to shave a few off the Mono.

DD

Shiiiet, the times some of you guys can post are ridiculous. I'll just consider myself happy for staying less than 10 seconds behind you, in the top 10. I'm done, haha!

BTW, thanks for this whole thing, DHC-Shannow. o/

desu

Haven't played the game in a while played through the Startline tour today.

Absolutely loving the hud toggle, always wondering why this is not considered an absolute standard feature in all racing games. Even after 5 months playing the game I still can't stop thinking "man this looks incredible". Driveclub is definitely in my top 5 of racing games!

edit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0GzaOHgTQU&feature=youtu.be new Lambo video

Haven't played the game in a while played through the Startline tour today.

Absolutely loving the hud toggle, always wondering why this is not considered an absolute standard feature in all racing games. Even after 5 months playing the game I still can't stop thinking "man this looks incredible". Driveclub is definitely in my top 5 of racing games!

edit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0GzaOHgTQU&feature=youtu.be new Lambo video
Hell yeah! Now show us the Diablo..

lordxar

The Viper challenge blows. I was thinking how much the car feels like riding a pig last time I ran it. Glad I'm not the only one who associates pigs to cars.

Top Bottom