• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT2| You Can't Rush Evolution

Ebolarama

Banned
The new Lambos are all super excepting the Sesto which is hyper. I like the bloom and the rain and get a little confused when I read how much people get annoyed by features that at one time were praised endlessly.
My thoughts:
the new Lambos sound incredible. That Diablo engine noise made my dick move a little. The Sesto Elemento is my favorite, and it's the new accessible hyper as it is fast and incredibly nimble and responsive. The carbon effects on its skin are beautiful, as it is non-reflective until it gets wet then the reflections show (Maybe this happens on other carbon cars like the Zonda R but it's the first I've noticed).
THE Reventon is a close second, but all of the Lambos prove a strong showing. Great pack.
The Torque pack, meanwhile, has the best event art, in my opinion. The Citroën sounds odd, but I want to know if anybody here has ever heard a high performance electric car because maybe the sound is accurate? Not sure, as I've driven a Fisker Karma but it sounded nothing like that...
Overall, this pair of packs far outdoes last month.

the new Lambos sound incredible. That Diablo engine noise made my dick move a little. The Sesto Elemento is my favorite, and it's the new accessible hyper as it is fast and incredibly nimble and responsive. The carbon effects on its skin are beautiful, as it is non-reflective until it gets wet then the reflections show (Maybe this happens on other carbon cars like the Zonda R but it's the first I've noticed).
THE Reventon is a close second, but all of the Lambos prove a strong showing. Great pack.
inie1yuOC8U9G.gif

Screenshot_2015_05_26_23_31_33.png

Thanks to everyone who entered, hope you enjoyed taking part. Well done to DJW in taking a veryvclose victory from Top, SaberWolf grabbed 3rd from Mango and Sirenty beat me to fifth (git ;-)

It's getting late so I'll post some final thoughts and suggestions tomorrow.

OmegaDL50

Is this one of the cars we're getting? If not, we should. :D

The Aventator is already in the game, the LP720-4 50 Anniversario edition, not the SV though.

The 50 Anniversary edition thought might be more notable since it signifies the 50th anniversary of Lamborghini, not unlike how there was a 25th Anniversary Edition Countach.

Which you'd think with the Icons pack, the Countach has more heritage then the Sesto Elemento.

Although the Sesto Elemento i.e Sixth Element was named as such because of the Carbon being the 6th listed element in the periodic table, which is unique because of the Sesto Elemento itself being nearly constructed entirely out of carbon fibre, that being the chassis, body, drive shaft and suspension components.

The car curb weight is very light, just over 2200 pounds. Making even lighter then some subcompacts such as the Toyota Prius or Honda Fit. (both of these cars are closer to the 2400 to 2600 pound range)

It gives a good perspective of the power to weight ratio that the Sesto Elemento has.

The Aventator is already in the game, the LP720-4 50 Anniversario edition, not the SV though.

The 50 Anniversary edition thought might be more notable since it signifies the 50th anniversary of Lamborghini, not unlike how there was a 25th Anniversary Edition Countach.

Which you'd think with the Icons pack, the Countach has more heritage then the Sesto Elemento.

Although the Sesto Elemento i.e Sixth Element was named as such because of the Carbon being the 6th listed element in the periodic table, which is unique because of the Sesto Elemento itself being nearly constructed entirely out of carbon fibre, that being the chassis, body, drive shaft and suspension components.

The car curb weight is very light, just over 2200 pounds. Making even lighter then some subcompacts such as the Toyota Prius or Honda Fit. (both of these cars are closer to the 2400 to 2600 pound range)

It gives a good perspective of the power to weight ratio that the Sesto Elemento has.
That was some good info. Thanks. :eek:

Shaneus

Thanks to everyone who entered, hope you enjoyed taking part. Well done to DJW in taking a veryvclose victory from Top, SaberWolf grabbed 3rd from Mango and Sirenty beat me to fifth (git ;-)

I'm sorry I couldn't have participated fully in this. As you can probably see, I tried my best to put in some times on a few of the stages but couldn't fit them all in (let alone getting half-decent times on them). Can't believe there was less than a second difference across seven stages between the leader and second!

Thanks for organising it, too. If/when the next one appears, I'd love to be in on it again (and hopefully I'll be able to put in a better effort).

Side note: Does anyone else have problems with the engine audio in the smaller cars, particularly that Audi? The rain almost completely drowned out any engine noise and made judging gear changes a right prick.

Just got home, downloaded the DLC's, start the first race with the Lambo Sesto Elemento at full volume of my 145w speakers.

My neighbor shouts "turn it up"!, my girlfriend says she wants to leave me.

Driveclub life.

I'm sorry I couldn't have participated fully in this. As you can probably see, I tried my best to put in some times on a few of the stages but couldn't fit them all in (let alone getting half-decent times on them). Can't believe there was less than a second difference across seven stages between the leader and second!

Thanks for organising it, too. If/when the next one appears, I'd love to be in on it again (and hopefully I'll be able to put in a better effort).

Side note: Does anyone else have problems with the engine audio in the smaller cars, particularly that Audi? The rain almost completely drowned out any engine noise and made judging gear changes a right prick.

No probs bud, there were a few guys who did 4 or 5 stages but didn't manage to complete them all. Yeah very tight between those guys, Mango had 3rd in the bag too but SaberWolf improved on a lot of challenges and pulled it back. I just hit a brick wall and couldn't seem to improve no matter how many laps I did!

farmerboy

At least I finished top 10, still think I could have grabbed a sub 1000 sec with some more time spent but I couldn't fit it in. Wow at the top 2, then daylight to the rest, very, very good drivers the two of them.

Haven't had the pleasure of meeting TRP Button, but have spent a bit of time with DJW and he's one of the nicest guys I've met online, so congrats on the win DJW. If you're reading, GET A BLOODY HEADSET MATE!

Anyhoo, at best I might have nudged a sub 1000 but that would have been about it. It's time for me to accept I've peaked my abilities in this game. Picking up a t300 thrustmaster in a couple of days and I'm looking forward to trying it out on Driveclub and seeing whether or not it helps me improve a little.

On to the next rally!!
when you got time Shannow ;-) and thanks again for organising this stuff!

sneaky77

No probs bud, there were a few guys who did 4 or 5 stages but didn't manage to complete them all. Yeah very tight between those guys, Mango had 3rd in the bag too but SaberWolf improved on a lot of challenges and pulled it back. I just hit a brick wall and couldn't seem to improve no matter how many laps I did!

Good Job setting up the whole thing, it was a lot of fun and there are a lot of really fast guys here, I improved a bit yesterday to close on 11th but not enough. Had a blast!

OmegaDL50

What is this challenge you have? Time Trials?

How do I sign up? What Cars and what Track?

OmegaDL50

I thought the rain was toned down more than usual in the Lambo events. Although a lot of the events start off dry and then turn to drizzle.

I never found rain in racing a particularly interesting thing anyways, while it does happen and creates an added challenge to the track.

In Driveclub it is a nice visual spectacle, but the kind of rain conditions in some of the events in Driveclub especially one of those events that start at late afternoon dry and become pitch black at night in extreme downpour, realistically there would be a weather warning and the race postponed more often then not.

So while the weather effects are nice, I don't care for them in night races which it serves as a point to artificially increase the difficulty especially when it seems like the AI cars have perfect vision and wet track doesn't seem to impede their handling.

Driveclub despite this caveat is an amazing game all in all.

xrnzaaas

I've started the Lambo tour yesterday and it was fun except for the excessive use of rain. ;p Reventon is by far my favorite - it's super fast and easy to drive. Sesto Elemento on the other hand is very twitchy, but I still like it.

Duallusion

Damn, I knew I should've check the standings yesterday - I thought I had the 7th spot in bag. Grrr, jbrooks, whoever you are! ;)

desu

Just got home, downloaded the DLC's, start the first race with the Lambo Sesto Elemento at full volume of my 145w speakers.

My neighbor shouts "turn it up"!, my girlfriend says she wants to leave me.

Driveclub life.

The first race is so nice, instantly loved the Elemento.

Nyx

When the fuck are they gonna fix that blinding light bullshit when exiting a tunnel at certain times of the day? The first race of the final event for the Lamborghini Icons tour is ridiculous for it. About 3 times it happens. For a game striving for realism I can't understand why they included such a stupid bloom effect.

Because it's real?

Onboard camera during the GP of Monaco showed me...

Just thought I'd get some idea's out there for the next rally, if peeps want another one?

I've been thinking about making the process more democratic and let you guys vote for the country and what car / track / weather /time combinations you would like. Previously I've kept away from anything too extreme (so no Ariel Atom at midnight in heavy snow!) but maybe thats what people want...

The other alternative is we crowd source the challenges, so 7 of you get to select the settings you would like to see in the next event.

The live events had a timeline so the first race started at 6am and the last one at midnight so it's was kind of themed around a days event - I don't know if anyone particularly noticed though so this last event was mostly held in broad daylight with only 1 challenge starting in the early morning.

Car wise I've always had 1 Hatch, 1 Sports, 2 Performance, 2 Super and 1 Hyper car in there. I'd love to be able to give people more choice over what car they use but unfortunately at the moment the challenges are pretty restrictive. One thing we could do however if there was interest is to split the event into leagues, so there's a higher performance event using say Supers & Hypers and a lower one using Sports & Performance cars...

That being said tho, I struggled more on the damn Hatchback event in this latest event simply as if you got one corner slightly wrong it was ages before you needed to brake again and you were losing time seemingly forever... I bloody hate Goshodiara!

Any more suggestions or feedback on what you'd like to see on the next one?

Dang. I was going to say I probably should have checked the challenges rather than playing the tour but Wolf improved by a tonne there.

Just thought I'd get some idea's out there for the next rally, if peeps want another one?

I've been thinking about making the process more democratic and let you guys vote for the country and what car / track / weather /time combinations you would like. Previously I've kept away from anything too extreme (so no Ariel Atom at midnight in heavy snow!) but maybe thats what people want...

The other alternative is we crowd source the challenges, so 7 of you get to select the settings you would like to see in the next event.

The live events had a timeline so the first race started at 6am and the last one at midnight so it's was kind of themed around a days event - I don't know if anyone particularly noticed though so this last event was mostly held in broad daylight with only 1 challenge starting in the early morning.

Car wise I've always had 1 Hatch, 1 Sports, 2 Performance, 2 Super and 1 Hyper car in there. I'd love to be able to give people more choice over what car they use but unfortunately at the moment the challenges are pretty restrictive. One thing we could do however if there was interest is to split the event into leagues, so there's a higher performance event using say Supers & Hypers and a lower one using Sports & Performance cars...

That being said tho, I struggled more on the damn Hatchback event in this latest event simply as if you got one corner slightly wrong it was ages before you needed to brake again and you were losing time seemingly forever... I bloody hate Goshodiara!

I think being in one location was pretty cool.

No Atom, thanks. Really struggling with the Torque Atom event!

Would love another go, although I'm low down, I found it fun just looking to catch the guy in front, at one point I got about 4 seconds clear but seems he was also improving his own times.

Certainly right with the hatches, it takes longer to get back up to speed meaning and scrubs and you are knackered.

Thanks again for putting it all together.

I've only tried the first one (Audi A1 event) and can confirm. The first corner and the tight section before the tunnel are the easiest ones to mess things up and they affect the rest of the time trial in a major way.
I thought that was really easy. Had a top 20 time with it on only my 2nd lap, sitting at #24 right now.

Struggling hard with the Atom though.

I can see some struggling with French Connection for the 'lead for 35 second' star.

Ebolarama

Banned
I'm starting to wish the weather patch never happened :(

This is why I think Forza Motorsport 6 will be fine if it does not have dynamic weather. At first it was an amazing spectacle in Drive Club, but now I see nothing but complaints about it.
In conclusion, rain and snow make for beautiful photos, but become a nuisance for actually racing.

This is why I think Forza Motorsport 6 will be fine if it does not have dynamic weather. At first it was an amazing spectacle in Drive Club, but now I see nothing but complaints about it.
In conclusion, rain and snow make for beautiful photos, but become a nuisance for actually racing.
Weather makes for a great addition, its just used far too often in the tour events and multiplayer.

Weather is fine. Not over-used.
Fine for me would be < 10% of the time. Rare enough so that the vast majority of your races are in the dry but often enough that it breaks up that normalcy. Since the weather update hit it feels more like 30-40% of the time, with many of those at night or transitioning into night as well.

Regardless I'm looking forward to taking that Sesto out for more rides.

lordxar

For some reason my weather related bitching is over and I kind of enjoy the wet events. Sometime around PCars it just clicked and I'm ok with weather now. Odd but true!

Ebolarama

Banned
I'm with you on this one bud but it sounds like we're in the minority :-(

You can add me. I really like it and don't get bothered every time a new tour 'over uses' it. I was making a point that if FM6 doesn't feature it, I don't want to hear bitching that there's no rain because it'll just get annoying after a month or so.

Tommi84

I'm starting to wish the weather patch never happened :(
When I started the final event for the Tour from last month and when it started to rain during the first lap, I powered off my PS4 midrace and haven't started Driveclub until yesterday when i wanted to see them Lambo's.

I suppose some of the rain events ok, but all this ice skating can get pretty annoying at times.

I personally find it like an easy sim mode. I think I actually drive better in the wet than I do the dry as the breaking points and throttle control is more what I am used to.

desu

I personally find it like an easy sim mode. I think I actually drive better in the wet than I do the dry as the breaking points and throttle control is more what I am used to.

Never felt like that in pCars or GT for me but maybe I just remember it wrong because I played both ages ago (and with a wheel instead of a controller).

Duallusion

Fine for me would be < 10% of the time. Rare enough so that the vast majority of your races are in the dry but often enough that it breaks up that normalcy. Since the weather update hit it feels more like 30-40% of the time, with many of those at night or transitioning into night as well.

Regardless I'm looking forward to taking that Sesto out for more rides.

I'd guess it's more like 80% (at least!), when it comes to tour events. Way too much for my liking.

hawk2025

I'm juuuuust at the point where I now want the new tours and trophies to do something different than the usual 45 stars and the same progression.

If there is a season 2, I think Evo should shake it up and maybe come up with a totally different progression system, think up new approaches and challenges to the tournaments, etc. Not sure exactly how, but I want new stuff!

Anyone agrees?

DD

I'm juuuuust at the point where I now want the new tours and trophies to do something different than the usual 45 stars and the same progression.

If there is a season 2, I think Evo should shake it up and maybe come up with a totally different progression system, think up new approaches and challenges to the tournaments, etc. Not sure exactly how, but I want new stuff!

Anyone agrees?

Long points based championships, like doing all stages in one country, then moving to the next one, scoring points until the end. That's how I like my racing games. Much more immersive. :(

Sirenty

I hate making excuses, but I just could not get in a rhythm in that last rally. I think I only got a time I was satisfied with in two of them. Others I'd be up a second or more on my time several times and then lose it. I was getting pissed, which just made it worse.

It was still fun though. I like the competition more in those than random challenges because it's the same group of people.

I don't care what is included in the next one. I'll try whatever is thrown my way.

And add me to the list of people who is sick of the amount of weather in tour events.

Ebolarama

Banned

Anyone agrees?

I agree. I also think new or more creative criteria for trophies would be nice, if anyone cares about that kind of thing.

I'd guess it's more like 80% (at least!), when it comes to tour events. Way too much for my liking.

Yep, 80% is being lenient, too. Probably closer to 90%. I think all but 2 of this month's events have rain in them to some extent, whether it's drizzle or a full on storm, although in most of them it's just a light covering.

I don't mind it too much personally, but the ratio of dry to wet is definitely lopsided.

How do I join this Unitedinspeed club?

Top Bottom