• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT2| You Can't Rush Evolution

Ah shit. I thought it was some kind of NeoGaf club where we compete for times lol Related to the list of times people have been posting the last few pages.

Aren't I the fool.

How do I join that one?

Ah shit. I thought it was some kind of NeoGaf club where we compete for times lol Related to the list of times people have been posting the last few pages.

Aren't I the fool.

How do I join that one?
That's easy. A user will announce he is organizing a rally. You add him - he sends you the challenges.

I know the rain looks beatiful, it's been said a thousand times, but seriously Evo, focus on improving other aspects of weather, what about fog? variable seasons for every location? hailstorm?, more variables to the incredible weather system would be great.

Fog would be great as variable, at least in some kind of way, Project Cars did it, i'm sure DC can too.

Shaneus

While we're talking about the "things we'd like" in DC, I'd like to present exhibit A, a screenshot from the original E3 trailer for Driveclub:
Bfy0YWa.png
Smooth, believable motion blur on the rims. Delicious.

Exhibit B. A screenshot from replay mode, not paused (note: not photo mode), taken from a YT video:
No motion blur on the wheels at all. Even the rock has it!

Pls Evo, give us radial blur or motion blur or whatever on our wheels :)

farmerboy

I've sliced the tip of my left thumb off in a lamb roast carving accident today at lunch.

Might be ok to drive if I get my wheel this weekend, but using the pad is probably not gonna work :-(

Feel free to laugh at my expense. :)

After driving in cockpit view and seeing the amazingly detailed interiors of the cars, I really wish they kept first person mode in the game. I really would love it if in the garage they implement some kind of feature where we can walk around the cars (Not Photomode) If anyone at Evo reads this(Rushy), Please bring back First person mode. I know I'm the only one who's been asking for this feature but I'll keep on asking.
https://youtu.be/PD35gnBE7Lw?t=32s

If we're wishing for stuff I'd love to see road courses as large as the point to points. I love just driving laps in these beautiful cars and spaces, but you can only do that on the road courses, which are all pretty small in comparison, or else the circuits which while also small are also the least interesting in terms of visuals - though there are some great ones.

More environments and tracks, and larger road courses - or just point-to-points that can be lapped, and maybe broken up into separate point-to-points ala the Nurburgring could work.

Not asking for the Nurburgring, just something larger than the road courses. That'd be my wish.

That and more off-road surfaces. Maybe something that reminds of pre-paved Pike's Peak.

*keeps dreamin*

After driving in cockpit view and seeing the amazingly detailed interiors of the cars, I really wish they kept first person mode in the game. I really would love it if in the garage they implement some kind of feature where we can walk around the cars (Not Photomode) If anyone at Evo reads this(Rushy), Please bring back First person mode. I know I'm the only one who's been asking for this feature but I'll keep on asking.
https://youtu.be/PD35gnBE7Lw?t=32s
This too. DC has the best cockpit view I've seen in a game, and those short moments when you pop the door open and settle in are a tease ;p

OK, last one: For all the focus on liveries we don't get a good look at the cars of other players, or even other clubmates, nor their drivers even though we can choose those as well. It'd be nice to bubble some of that stuff up somehow. Maybe if we could drill into a time on the leaderboards we could see the car they used and the driver? Or maybe it could be part of a player's profile and easily browsed?

xrnzaaas

I thought that was really easy. Had a top 20 time with it on only my 2nd lap, sitting at #24 right now.

Struggling hard with the Atom though.

I can see some struggling with French Connection for the 'lead for 35 second' star.

Shit, thanks for the warning. ;p

I've had most problems with the first corner in that Audi event, because the sun was blinding me and I couldn't hit the perfect apex. I was also instinctively releasing the foot from the gas pedal. :) Eventually I ended up in top60, but it took me longer than expected.

NeoRausch

Just jumping in to say that the new Ariel Atom challenge reminded me of something:

The Ariel Atom is a piece of soap on a lubricant road.

Jeeeeesus!

Just jumping in to say that the new Ariel Atom challenge reminded me of something:

The Ariel Atom is a piece of soap on a lubricant road.

Jeeeeesus!

I'm not ashamed to say that i'm taking advantage of this when i'm racing online against Atom's.
And i don't use the atom at all, excellent speed, but unless i'm starting in front , this is a nightmare.

I'm not ashamed to say that i'm taking advantage of this when i'm racing online against Atom's.
And i don't use the atom at all, excellent speed, but unless i'm starting in front , this is a nightmare.

Get outta here, the Atom is my fav car in the game! :)

https://youtu.be/9cGOToWTxLs

https://youtu.be/f7YZdHaaVAM

https://youtu.be/Bgj8YTzCpRE

I will admit to always picking it online though no matter what the track or conditions are which doesn't always work out...

I know the rain looks beatiful, it's been said a thousand times, but seriously Evo, focus on improving other aspects of weather, what about fog? variable seasons for every location? hailstorm?, more variables to the incredible weather system would be great.

Fog would be great as variable, at least in some kind of way, Project Cars did it, i'm sure DC can too.
They played with fog, so perhaps it was too impactful or they didn't like it. Either way I've seen evidence it did exist. I would like it though, and looks great in pCARS.

Also, regards to seasonal, the locations are set in a fixed date. I don't remember what they are off the top of my head, but cars that show it on the dash should tell you. Thus seasonal weather wouldn't make sense.

I'm going to imagine that those dates where the time of year they did their field research in those locations, taking light levels etc.

They played with fog, so perhaps it was too impactful or they didn't like it. Either way I've seen evidence it did exist. I would like it though, and looks great in pCARS.

Also, regards to seasonal, the locations are set in a fixed date. I don't remember what they are off the top of my head, but cars that show it on the dash should tell you. Thus seasonal weather wouldn't make sense.

I'm going to imagine that those dates where the time of year they did their field research in those locations, taking light levels etc.

Fog is the one weather effect I really want, specifically on the Scotland tracks. That is pretty much the only thing missing from the early morning in those locations. With tracks like The Kyle where it is near a body of water it would roll off the loch, then in places like Wester Ross you would see it on the low lying areas in the distance.
tumblr_m92innfmu01ru1dlao1_500.gif

Man, the La Ferrari is so fun to drive. The India La Ferrari event in the new Torque expansion was awesome. Which reminds me, and I've said this many times before, but I'm gonna say it again - this game has the best sense of speed and is one of the most exciting racers I've ever played. If not the most. Trying to tame that beast of a car on those wet India tracks full of twists, turns, camber changes, incline changes...just amazing. So much fun.

Which brings me to something else - the track design in this game is excellent. I don't think Evo get enough praise for this. I used to dislike the India tracks the most, but now it's probably my favourite location.

Ok, the Atom is outta control! This is crazy. It's spins out so easily, I only have to lift my finger off the accelerator for a fraction of a second while turning a corner and its tail will swing out. I know I should be braking and steadily turning into the corner while accelerating all in one smooth movement...but when I fuck that up and need to correct the car mid-corner by letting off the gas a little (which would be easy enough with any other car) the thing bitch slaps you and forces you to restart. Lol.

I WILL TAME YOU!

Get outta here, the Atom is my fav car in the game! :)

https://youtu.be/9cGOToWTxLs

https://youtu.be/f7YZdHaaVAM

https://youtu.be/Bgj8YTzCpRE

I will admit to always picking it online though no matter what the track or conditions are which doesn't always work out...

pv6j9vr.gif

Edit: Manged to tame the beast/beat the time. I got the hang of it quicker than I thought I would. For pad users - pushing up on the left stick and keeping it there helps by making the handling smoother and finer, and being very, very light on the right while cornering helped too.

You pick the atom when it rains ? REALLY ?
Seriously ?

No way i do that, no way .. this must the be the "atom must die" difficulty challenge.

LOL yep I love the beast :) Toughest challenge I've ever had was actually this one - heavy rain on bandipur with the Alpine...

http://youtu.be/G0FMuqtq1QE

It really was like driving on ice but I loved it.

Ok, the Atom is outta control! This is crazy. It's spins out so easily, I only have to lift my finger off the accelerator for a fraction of a second while turning a corner and its tail will swing out. I know I should be braking and steadily turning into the corner while accelerating all in one smooth movement...but when I fuck that up and need to correct the car mid-corner by letting off the gas a little (which would be easy enough with any other car) the thing bitch slaps you and forces you to restart.

Edit: Manged to tame the beast/beat the time. I got the hang of it quicker than I thought I would. For pad users - pushing up on the left stick and keeping it there helps by making the handling smoother and finer, and being very, very light on the right while cornering helped too.

My technique for it is to be constantly telling it what you want - the atom hates freewheeling but if your always accelerating or braking (tapping them at least) then its much less of a handful.

UV-6

This free Citreon concept car literally sounds like a mix between a vacuum cleaner and an RC car. I actually burst out laughing when I first heard the engine.
LOL. I only just got around to this car and also burst out laughing when hearing the engine because I remembered reading this comment. Good shit

Also, fuck the Atom

Shaneus

I found the secret (for me) when driving the Atom was to not downshift when losing control to reduce speed (like, you know normal cars) but upshift to lower the torque and revs. At least, worked for me well enough when doing some of the earlier Atom challenges (haven't done the current one).

I found the secret (for me) when driving the Atom was to not downshift when losing control to reduce speed (like, you know normal cars) but upshift to lower the torque and revs. At least, worked for me well enough when doing some of the earlier Atom challenges (haven't done the current one).

I should probably have a go at doing this (manually shifting to limit wheelspin etc) but I just need all my concentration on accel/brake/steer so I leave the gears alone in this game.

OK can I have everyones votes for the next country for the rally to take place please? Non-Gaffers just send me a PSN message.

So far we've had Chile & Japan - So Scotland / Norway / India / Canada next?

I'm also thinking of giving the top finishers in the last rally a challenge each to specify - again let me know your thoughts on this if you finished in the top 8 last time out...

Nyx

Which brings me to something else - the track design in this game is excellent. I don't think Evo get enough praise for this. I used to dislike the India tracks the most, but now it's probably my favourite location.

Bandipur in stormy weather, DAYUM.

And yes, fuck the Atom haha.

Major server changes, challenge servers are being completely replaced:

https://www.facebook.com/driveclubofficial/posts/826722064078822

On Monday 1st June at 10am UK time there will be a significant server upgrade and Game Update 1.16 will be available at the same time. Full details follow...

The servers that provide Challenges in DRIVECLUB are being replaced and upgraded. This will bring bigger, better challenges and improve server performance across the game as we continue to work to make the PlayStation Plus Edition of DRIVECLUB possible.

After the update and new servers go live, your Challenges and Event History will start afresh, so please schedule your challenges to end before 10am UK time on Monday 1st June. You can continue to play and create Challenges before the update but please understand that any events that are still active during the update will not continue on the new servers.

Full details for Game Update 1.16 (coming Monday 1st June):

* Challenges will be expanded to support an unlimited number of participants.
* Challenge notifications will be integrated into the Social Hub activity feed for easy access.
* The Challenge Menu will have a new interface to make it easier to join Challenges.
* Evolution Studios Challenges will be added to the Challenge Menu for direct and easy access.
* Invitation options will be optimised to focus on active players and reduce challenge notification spam.
* More of our favourite ‪#‎PS4share‬ pictures created by the community will be added to the Menus.
* Significant technical improvements will be made to enhance server connectivity and prepare for the PlayStation Plus Edition.

I should probably have a go at doing this (manually shifting to limit wheelspin etc) but I just need all my concentration on accel/brake/steer so I leave the gears alone in this game.

OK can I have everyones votes for the next country for the rally to take place please? Non-Gaffers just send me a PSN message.

So far we've had Chile & Japan - So Scotland / Norway / India / Canada next?

I'm also thinking of giving the top finishers in the last rally a challenge each to specify - again let me know your thoughts on this if you finished in the top 8 last time out...
I think you should ask the bottom folk. They'd likely pick stuff they are good at, might make it more narrow field?

farmerboy

I'd rather not talk about your bollocks in public, let's keep that private ;-)
I still lol about that conversation

Finger's out of action for a while, I could play if it wasn't for the bandage around my thumb. So you probably won't see me online for a while. Was supposed to get a t300 yesterday but that fell through, spewing cos I would have managed with a wheel.

Anyway, between the thumb and no wheel, I'm going to use this opportunity to send in the ps4 for repairs as I'm getting some real dodgy sound problems and my warranty finishes next month. So gonna do it now.

I love the Diablo, I love it so much. Would have traded the Revetron with the Countach.
Doesn't seem to be a popular choice online despite usually seeing a lot of DLC cars. I unfortunately haven't gotten a Season Pass yet but the Diablo will be the first car I'll try out.

Does anyone know if there's a trick to getting the Unbeatable trophy? I've freaking tried everything. It's the last god damn thing standing between me and a platinum. Grrr.

Weather is fine. Not over-used.
I'm guessing you don't use cockpit mode? (I'm guessing no one at Evo does either).

The loss in traction is a-ok with me. Barreling along at 150mph waiting what feels like seconds for intermittent wipers to clear my completely obstructed screen moments before slamming into a wall, is not ok. It's so not ok I don't even want to finish the new tour (I have all stars so far, all in cockpit).

Each drop of rain on my screen is met with a salty tear on my controller.

Top Bottom